Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard really needs to get their act together

Out of 10 games today, 6 have had griefers in them. They need to permanently ban their accounts on first offense so they're gotten rid off from the game, they shouldn't be allowed to continue playing. Ban them from even buying again. Shut them out from the entirety of their services so they can never ruin another game again.

This game is just not going to be playable if they never do anything about griefers. Harsh measures need to be taken instantly to show people they're serious about getting rid of them.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is literally a video about that right now on frontpage by jeff
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    there is literally a video about that right now on frontpage by jeff
    Video.

I want things in text, not a video.

Maybe if you were actually Korean you'd get out of bronze and not play with griefers
    Quote Originally Posted by Sassafrass View Post
    It's a Horde symbol but the middle part can also be called the "Eye" of the zone (AZSHARA), it's a play on words
    No, it is happening. The zone changed, it belongs to the Goblins now and is their home. Hearthstone is having a mechanical themed expansion soon, November's cardback is Goblin influenced and revealed concept art shows Goblin machinery. It's a HS expansion, sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Video.

You do realize the developer update videos is how Jeff talks to the community rather than a text post which can easily be retracted. The videos aren't lengthy either. The video allows Jeff to go into more detail and get the point across with his emotions and stuff rather than reading text and assuming the vibe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Video.

well stop being lazy or stop QQin, hes adressin that problem and if you cant watch a video, not just watch, you just have to listen then thats your problem
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by GrinnersGrin View Post
    Maybe if you were actually Korean you'd get out of bronze and not play with griefers
    I'm playing around 2900 this season, so no, not bronze.
    - - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    You do realize the developer update videos is how Jeff talks to the community rather than a text post which can easily be retracted. The videos aren't lengthy either. The video allows Jeff to go into more detail and get the point across with his emotions and stuff rather than reading text and assuming the vibe.
    That's stupid. Text should always be accompanying so people can read.
    Last edited by Freighter; 2017-09-15 at 09:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account

It isnt stupid. If you cant bother watch/listen to the video, stop QQing and be quiet.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Kronkster View Post
    It isnt stupid. If you cant bother watch/listen to the video, stop QQing and be quiet.
    Yes, it is stupid to have a video only and no text.

No, it shouldn't always be accompanied. That's how issues start with people misinterpreting. Also, if you want to read and not hear someone else talk then mute the video and just read the subtitles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    With the added benefit of spawning those absolutely hilarious Dinoflask spoof videos.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    It is kind of out of Blizzard's hands for the most part since they don't have the manpower to be watching every game all the time. It's up to people to report toxic behavior and if you keep seeing griefers then either they haven't gotten reported enough or Blizzard hasn't had time to look into it yet. It's a very fine line between banning legit consistent toxicity and banning any negative behavior.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guess is they really weren't griefers but people responding to you being an ass and you didn't like it, I am basing this off of how you are talking to people and about Jeff.

Oh and what is the point of an instant ban if 3/4 of the people don't bother reporting just because they aren't told something was done?
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Something tells me if Jeff Kaplan put a flag in his ass that said everything you wanted it to and he pranced around on video with it dangling around you would invent something else he didn't do just so you can complain.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

How are these people "griefing" you

I really hope you aren't going to say "by playing a character I don't want them too" or some such bullshit
    Last edited by Moozart; 2017-09-16 at 04:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    How are these people "griefing" you

I really hope you aren't going to say "by playing a character I don't want them too" or some such bullshit
    Symmetra placing teleporter just outside spawn, meis blocking spawn or team ultis with walls, hanzo shooting ultis right into the wall as soon as he gets it, reinhardt just charging in and screaming at the team to follow and kill them, mercy who make sure only their friend is in res range even going so far as to move out of range of people to make sure they don't get res, torbjorn building turret just outside spawn, hanzo who will only use scatter shot and nothing else, people who pick sombra and play bad while having like 100s games played with sombra and 100% lost(that is just not possible unless you're just throwing when you pick that hero), people just running into the enemy to feed their ults.

You can't tell me these are legit ways to play the game, that's griefing.

It sounds like you should just play a different game. I don't mean that in a snarky way, either. I think Overwatch is poorly balanced, poorly moderated and the only reason I play it is because I enjoy the custom game modes far more than the base game or competitive play. Deathmatch did reignite some of my interest in the game as well - because it puts the performance solely on individual players.

10+ Year Old Account
    pid. Text should always be accompanying so people can read.
    Then go and transcribe it all, guess some might be thankful. I enjoy the videos for they can run while I play.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Symmetra placing teleporter just outside spawn, meis blocking spawn or team ultis with walls, hanzo shooting ultis right into the wall as soon as he gets it, reinhardt just charging in and screaming at the team to follow and kill them, mercy who make sure only their friend is in res range even going so far as to move out of range of people to make sure they don't get res, torbjorn building turret just outside spawn, hanzo who will only use scatter shot and nothing else, people who pick sombra and play bad while having like 100s games played with sombra and 100% lost(that is just not possible unless you're just throwing when you pick that hero), people just running into the enemy to feed their ults.

You can't tell me these are legit ways to play the game, that's griefing.
    So mechanics in the game are what makes players toxic and not things like how you're acting? Ok, well now I understand your perception of what's wrong is completely fucking skewed. If you are >around< 2900 rating, then the chances of what you listed occurring in Matched are very low. Sucks, but it sounds like you're just complaining because your rando game didn't go off without a hitch vs 6 dudes who are probably too high to handle real life.

You also know that you don't have to WATCH a video to HEAR them say things, yeah? I thought most adults learn to do this when they went to schools of higher learning?

10+ Year Old Account
    So I'm not really much into comp. I prefer to play quickplay with a bunch of buddies and yuck it up. I usually only play my placement matches each season for the icon and pittance of points and leave it at that, and usually that's at the very end of the season (I'm talking the day or two before the season is over, when people are usually inclined to give zero fucks about winning...) This season I placed Diamond, and of the games I've played... I've NEVER run into a griefer in competitive.

Am I just obscenely lucky? Is griefing something that primarily happens in lower rankings? I haven't played a ton of matches, but... if griefing or toxicity is so prevalent in competitive, shouldn't I have run into it by now? I'll, at most, play comp with one or two friends tops, and many of the games last season (I placed into high plat) I played solo. Not a griefer to be found in any of them.

And I've noticed this in multiplayer games OTHER than overwatch, too... Like how people are always complaining about "toxic" players in WoW LFD or LFR groups... I'll run into maybe one or two every... what, 25-50 runs? Same with HOTS, back when I used to play that... almost never ran into someone intentionally throwing or trolling. I can maybe think of a handful of instances from the thousands of matches I must have played since HOTS technical Alpha.

Of course, I'm also not some defeatist guy who instantly starts bitching and moaning about "off-meta" team picks or poor performance to INVOKE toxicity out of people trying to get defensive. And that's in any game I play. And, as I've said, I've noticed a very small number of toxic players... I mean, honestly, I can only think that 1) I'm incredibly blessed, 2) It's some weird regional issue (Are EU people more toxic, and that's why I hear of it all the time on MMO-champ?) or 3)... well, you put good in, you get good out.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-09-16 at 09:12 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.