Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    Man haha I know I am an asshole when I find it funny but goddamn, it is funny

There are so many sad and bitter borderline-sociopaths in this forum, so I wouldn't be surprised if there a lot of people thinking that shitting on a funeral would be fun.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tankbug View Post
    There are so many sad and bitter borderline-sociopaths in this forum, so I wouldn't be surprised if there a lot of people thinking that shitting on a funeral would be fun.
    I think it is more accurate to describe them as wannabe edgy teenagers who think that playing Horde and being on 'the wrong side of the tracks' will somehow compensate for the lack of attention and respect they get out in the real world.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Most people don't know you either. Does that make it acceptable for them to piss on your grave?
    Why on earth would I care what people do to my grave? I'll be dead :P

Deleted
    Easy, don't do things to others that you don't want them to do to you.

5+ Year Old Account
    I, for one, would be honoured if the opposing faction slaughtered my guildies in memory of me.But maybe i just have... a sense of humour... unheard of..

Deleted
    Just mentioning it made this many people mad, I'd say you're wasting a golden opportunity if you don't do it

Quote Originally Posted by Machine View Post
    Just mentioning it made this many people mad, I'd say you're wasting a golden opportunity if you don't do it
    Sadly it probably won't go anywhere. Being held in Alliance zone means they're all safe from being killed.

I agree with some people here.

It is a dick move to the people wanting to memorialize the guy, but is it wrong? No. It's a game. I also would find it hilarious and would find it much better, if my in game memorial turned into a full out Alliance vs Horde death fest.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Physically going to someone's grave and pissing on them is completely different than going to an online game "event" in memory of someone who died 3 years ago that a group of people who never met the man IRL are hosting. These people knew him in-game only. They weren't buddies that hung out & went out drinking or called each other and crap like that. They were "friends" in a video game.
    Right. They were buddies who went out raiding and looting. Digital relationships are no different then physical ones. If that were the case there wouldn't be any relationships that started online through dating sites or other various forums. Besides the fact that you are trolling, because I don't believe you are honestly asking a moral question, shows that you put great weight into the digital realm.

Your signature also shows you take great pride that you have been raiding since 2005. If digital things are meaningless then why are you taking pride in it? Bragging/showing-off them? You are a troll plain and simple and want to drum up as much publicity for this event so you can grief them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Now let's go raid a Memorial. When is it?
    You couldn't care less but care about going to raid it. I guess you don't know the meaning of care eh?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

OP, mind linking this said funeral info?
    I'll gladly recruit as many people as I can to "bodyguard" their memorial from potential pvp youtube sensations.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erinhia View Post
    Of course it is, and you know it.

Don't be a wanker.
    You're not violating any rules, so it's allowed. You can't ban people for simply playing the game. Is it a dick move? Sure. But it's not breaking any rule.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Expecting people not to try and crash it has nothing to do with feelings or bonds, it's being delusional about the state of the world they're living in.
    Actually people generally don't crash and ruin memorials for lols

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I think it's kind of immature to hold a video game memorial for an actual dead person. But, y'know, I forget this game is a way of life for some people.
    I don't think you know what immature means

- - - Updated - - -

PvPers are dicks NEWS @10

#golfclap

Deleted
    OP don't let their hateful bigotry to poison your mind. You should not conform to their moral image. Gather like minded folk and stand against oppression of feelings culture.

Don't forget to play the gay card when someone calls you out on it afterwards.

I wonder how many people cheering this on are the same people that complain about how toxic the community is.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    So the Alliance on my server are doing some sort of memorial service for this guy who died 3 years ago that happened to be in their guild. Not sure how long he was with their guild but his character was only lvl 68 (they said that was his main but later stated that his name was some other name that has since been removed from the guild "mysteriously"). But I digress. They claim that they've been doing this for the past 2 years & this year they went on the realm forums and opened it up to and/all Alliance that want to attend. They stated the date & time in their post along with where in SW they will meet up and end up inside of SW.

So that leads me to my question. Is it wrong to put a raid group together and raid SW around the time that they want to have this little shindig? I mean like killing the King and then moving over to where they said they plan on ending the event at and killing any/all Alliance along the way that are flagged.
    OMG, this soo much this. I would be all bout it lol. We had this chick that our GM started the guild with that supposedly died, he memorialized her and pretty much lost interest in the game, only to find out she faked her death and then showed back up 3-4 years later. I don't believe it. I mean for one if I died no one would know how to contact my guild that I had died. I don't do Facebook or any other social media so they would have no clue.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Actually people generally don't crash and ruin memorials for lols

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you know what immature means

- - - Updated - - -

PvPers are dicks NEWS @10

#golfclap
    It's a videogame. No one is gonna take it serious except the people who know the guy. They are what as i referred to as earlier as delusional, if they expect everyone in a videogame that relies on murdering the opposite faction to not fuck with them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    It's a videogame. No one is gonna take it serious except the people who know the guy. They are what as i referred to as earlier as delusional, if they expect everyone in a videogame that relies on murdering the opposite faction to not fuck with them.
    There's a difference between people killing them randomly and going out of ones way to deliberately grief people who are having a memorial. The apparent lack of awareness is scary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    There's a difference between people killing them randomly and going out of ones way to deliberately grief people who are having a memorial. The apparent lack of awareness is scary
    It's a game. They could hold a memorial literally anywhere else where no one could interfere but they willingly do it in WoW. It's their problem that they expect people to just accept it.