Poll: Who should rule?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    Can we even name anyone beside Rokhan as possible leader ?
    Vanira (Vol'jin's second in commmand)
    Rokhan (The Horde's "best scout" according to wc3)
    Gadrin (Leader of Sen'jin Village and Vol'jin's mentor)
    Volrath (Leader of Spear of Vol'jin)

I reaaaally don't see Rokhan as a leader.
    Sure players "know" him and he's also a Shadow hunter but I find him to be a... token character. If he had been around during the Darkspear Rebellion at least we could have get to see him developing leadership skills and even in WoD he just stood there in the Garrison to inform us of some things.
    I just don't see him leading the tribe.

Something different and cool like a Lola perhaps? A spirit council?! hmmm

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryWithTheWeatherReport View Post
    King Rastakhan.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Rastakhan.
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    What if the Darkspear end up joining the Zandalari now that Vol'jin isn't around to decline their offers? Though I'd sooner see the Zandalari joining them instead, depending on what their future holds.

I vote for the King R.!

Right now, by Lore at least, the Horde is weaker then the Alliance. But if the Zandalari join the Horde, they get a massive Power boost. Since Zul failed, the other Troll tribes may turn to the Zandalari King for Guidance and he decides to work with the Horde. Not out of love, but out of necessity (every Troll uprising in the past 12 years failed) and with Zandalar slowly sinking they need a new Land for them too

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    I vote for the King R.!

Right now, by Lore at least, the Horde is weaker then the Alliance. But if the Zandalari join the Horde, they get a massive Power boost. Since Zul failed, the other Troll tribes may turn to the Zandalari King for Guidance and he decides to work with the Horde. Not out of love, but out of necessity (every Troll uprising in the past 12 years failed) and with Zandalar slowly sinking they need a new Land for them too
    The Zandalari post-cataclysm would never agree to bow down to anybody.
    But what do I know.
    Blizzard has been butchering characters these past expansions

While it'd be cool if Vanira got it and was developed as a unique character. It'll likely go to Rokhan because he's recognisable and nostalgic. He'll be Vol'Jin 2.0 but either more caring or more edgy. 10 bucks on the later.

Look even if they do Rokhan, I just want a 'mostly new character' per say. I feel like this is an opportunity to add some new flavour into the Horde leadership.

Also Varok needs some spotlight. He's not just a side character anymore, he's the leader of one of WoW's biggest races (overall lore wise). He needs some character moments. At this point we have no idea how he gets along with the other leaders and races, besides that we can probably assume he gets along well with Baine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Honestly i stand firmly with idea of just introducing random jin guy. Like lets say steve'jin, vol'jins long lost brother. He would just open brewfest kegs, and with jin part being the most important part, most people wouldn't notice any diffrence.

Anyone can rule this primitive and dumb race.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    I don't get all the fucks given about Rastakhan. He has literally zero development, lacks even a proper and unique model and there's no reason in hell the Darkspear would even care about him. It's just as bad as asking freaking Bolvar to become the Forsaken's leader once Sylvanas dies.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    Zuni's spirit turned into a Loa.

With all the effort puting the Darkspear tribe leaderless without any decent successor, i think blizzard should make extremaly epic leader, and i think Rokhan shouldn't be him or even Vanira or even Zen'thabra.
    I think it should be someone like Rastakhan imbued with some epic magic that allows him to transform itno physical manifestation of loa spirits like bosses in Zul'Aman did.
    Imagine a counterpart of dog king of the alliance dogs called "worgens" but much more animals to chose instead of one dog form, that would build super epic capital city on echo isles or somewhere else which have connection to other capitals bby underwater submarine ship constructed by troll and goblin engineers. Mobile Spearthrowers which would deffend this city from attackers and all kind of good things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    I don't get all the fucks given about Rastakhan. He has literally zero development, lacks even a proper and unique model and there's no reason in hell the Darkspear would even care about him. It's just as bad as asking freaking Bolvar to become the Forsaken's leader once Sylvanas dies.
    What has a Unique Model to do with who could become the next leader of a Race? Baine and Lor'Themar got no unique model as does the current leader of the Orcs Saurfang.

In Lore, Rastakhan is the King of ALL Trolls on Azeroth. He is over 200 Years old and empowered by the Zandalari Gods/Loa. And we never saw him actually ingame,only in a vision. Like Aszhara who has no unique model until she really is centerstage, Rastakhan will get one if he will be properly introduced.

For the Horde, he would be a powerful ally

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    This guy.

Oh yeah, /10chars
    If anyone, it should be him.

7+ Year Old Account
    I still remember people claiming that Rexxar should be the Warchief

7+ Year Old Account
    I only say Rokhan because I favor his character a bit more and would love to see more development with him. That's not to say I don't want Vanira to be developed but I do want to see more of Rokhan.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by maljinwo View Post
    I still remember people claiming that Rexxar should be the Warchief
    I wish. But then again that might've done his character disjustice on the Broken Shore like they did with Vol'jin.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

There is "no development" for anyone in Darkspear trolls to take mantle of leadership there. That said it would make them possibility to make anyone they want new leader(anyway, whoever they would chose ppl will spam about lack of development anyway).

Btw. talking about Rokhan, maybe he gets some kind of development in w3 and was an npc in wow, but for me even random side characters get more development than him. He reminds me about vol'jin syndrome, very little develompent(almost none since long time) and thay can do masive develompent in wrong direction(like they did with Vol'jin).

If next expansion is Kul'Tiras, which everything is pointing to so far, I think that's perfect time to give Rokhan some development since he was big part of war with Jaina's dad.
    He could easily be main quest leading guy for Horde there.

I would also like to see Rexxar having a more prominent place in the Horde, he's freaking champion of the Horde, never understood why he's so underused.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I vote other, because I would like to see a troll council.
    Rhokan, Rastakhan and some female troll.

King Rastakahn joining the darkspear subrace stuff etc.
    I still hope to see The king of troll in hes aztec city being mind controlled by zull

Rokhan is literally the only Darkspear troll with any sort of establishment.

Quote Originally Posted by maljinwo View Post
    Vanira is Vol'jin's second in command. She is seen during the Troll starter area and then helps out in Hyjal
    And was never seen before or since.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Enrif View Post
    What has a Unique Model to do with who could become the next leader of a Race? Baine and Lor'Themar got no unique model as does the current leader of the Orcs Saurfang.
    Then you clearly didn't get the extent of how damn generic Rastakhan's model was. Baine's and Lor'themar's possessed a small degree of personal design at least, even though the model itself wasn't unique. Same with Rokhan. Rastakhan, on the other hand, is literally nothing more than random Zandalari #547 with glowing eyes and a big size.

In Lore, Rastakhan is the King of ALL Trolls on Azeroth.
    No he's not. He's the King of the Zandalari tribe and that's it. Classic WoW and WotLK shown well enough how the Zandalari possesses no political power whatsoever towards the other Troll tribes, just a degree of influence and respect. Only recently the other tribes got along with Zandalar and they mostly did it by following Zul, not Rastakhan. Rastakhan and Zul basically share the same goals but they do not love each other at all. If Zul got his fleet and started roaming all over the world was exactly because of Rastakhan wanting to get rid of him, something that effectively worked against him as the Zandalari have started to look at Zul as the proactive guy with actual solutions in hand, in contrast to Rastkhan who apparently looked like the clueless dude with no ideas how to solve Zandalar's problems despite his badass Loa empowerment. This is all stuff written in the Isle of Thunder's journals.

Like Aszhara who has no unique model until she really is centerstage, Rastakhan will get one if he will be properly introduced.
    Yes, that would be the obvious case actually. Doesn't change the fact that he makes absolutely zero sense as Darkspear leader. Especially since unlike Azshara and even Rokhan his actual amount of development is near to zero, making him nothing special aside the fact that he lived a lot and is alledgedly powerful.

For the Horde, he would be a powerful ally
    Yes, he could be an ally but not any different from how Bolvar has been in Legion. Rastakhan is not going to lead the Darkspear though, nor the Darkspear cares about him. Vol'jin denied the Zandalari's call twice at this point and given the adamant trust the Darkspear always shown in his guidance and decisions, it's unlikely to say the least they would accept Zandalari's current leadership in any shape or form.

Sticking to the topic again, I believe Rokhan is a good enough choice as temporary leader as long he gets just a little bit of development. On the long run, however, the only mindful choice is bring Vol'jin back, one way or another. To me, is the only logical solution.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, he could be an ally but not any different from how Bolvar has been in Legion. Rastakhan is not going to lead the Darkspear though, nor the Darkspear cares about him. Vol'jin denied the Zandalari's call twice at this point and given the adamant trust the Darkspear always shown in his guidance and decisions, it's unlikely to say the least they would accept Zandalari's current leadership in any shape or form.
    Well it's obvious why Vol'jin denied the call.. If it's war you seek i will stand against you. something Vol'jin said during the trailer of the Zandalar patch. Who says he doesn't care? there is always this thing of why did the king deny Zul about the cataclysm like 3 times, did he know about the path he was going to take? Zul was all about reuniting and conquer all. The king just sat there doing nothing.. maybe he knew about Zul.

I agree we don't know much about the king but hes listed as king of all trolls. A troll with huge potential still. They could go down this path of him trying to find peace and through the Darkspear horde this could be possible. The point is,that it wasn't King Rastakahn at all. Hell he could be mindcontrolled and stoned at fuck back then who knows.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2017-09-17 at 02:55 PM.