Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Harvard needs more diversity. Traitors, murderers, kidnappers, they should all have a chance in life!

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Too bad. You weren't drafted, you joined voluntarily. You knew military service is dangerous.

I would never join the military in the first place. Why would I risk my life for the personal interests of the elites?
    Lmao you cant really be that ignorant, you have to be trolling, i actually don't think someone could be so stupid to that that "all military operations should be public knowledge". Thank god you're not in charge of anything.

It pertains any citizen of the US. The military serves the people.
    Nah, it doesn't. Nice try though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Lmao you cant really be that ignorant, you have to be trolling, i actually don't think someone could be so stupid to that that "all military operations should be public knowledge". Thank god you're not in charge of anything.
    The government serves the people. The military is part of the government. The military owes the public full transparency.

How is that hard to understand? A government that keeps secrets from its citizens can't be trusted and is, in fact, anti democratic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Nah, it doesn't. Nice try though.
    It absolutely does. Unless you live in a dictatorship.

The government serves the people. The military is part of the government. The military owes the public full transparency.

How is that hard to understand? A government that keeps secrets from its citizens can't be trusted and is, in fact, anti democratic.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry bucko, the government doesn't need to inform you of any covert operations they are about to run. Nor do they need your permission. You simply don't announce to the world that you're about to run an operation to go rescue say POWS from an encampment in South America.

You should maybe dabble in the dose of reality from now and then.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well technically shes not a criminal anymore. I'm just shocked that a college like Harvard would hire a convicted felon who wasnt even pardoned.

Seems like we need Elba to make a thread about how racist Harvard is for hiring a white convicted felon, who was not pardoned but had their sentence commuted, when there isn't a single black person hired by Harvard with a felony on his/her record. Why does she get a pass when others don't? Most people can barely get a job at McDonalds with a felony after spending time in federal prison.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Elba, i will try to explain this one more time you, in barney terms okay? The public has a right to now what the military is doing, why they are where they are, and the mission going forward. What the public has absolutely NO NEED to know, is where the troops are located, where fire posts are located, covert missions, or battle plans. Why would they need this information? why would you want our troops to literally have a giant target on their heads? You are literally inviting ambushes, missed targets, and people dying for absolutely no reason. If you have a problem with "the elite", so be it, but hating the everyday soldier is a fools errand.

Also, i joined the Army so i could to college and not have to take out hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. I started enlisted, went green to gold, and now work for a great private sector company in finance. My goal wasn't to "serve the elite", but to take advantage of the opportunity it afforded me, and now i am well on my way to being "an elite" that you hate so much.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    Well technically shes not a criminal anymore. I'm just shocked that a college like Harvard would hire a convicted felon who wasnt even pardoned.

Seems like we need Elba to make a thread about how racist Harvard is for hiring a white convicted felon, who was not pardoned but had their sentence commuted, when there isn't a single black person hired by Harvard with a felony on his/her record. Why does she get a pass when others don't? Most people can barely get a job at McDonalds with a felony after spending time in federal prison.
    She was picked because shes trans-gendered and defied the government, its pretty fucking obvious. Someone with literally ZERO qualifications was going to teach AI at the #1 University on the planet, without so much as a bachelors degree lmfao.

Sorry bucko, the government doesn't need to inform you of any covert operations they are about to run. Nor do they need your permission. You simply don't announce to the world that you're about to run an operation to go rescue say POWS from an encampment in South America.

You should maybe dabble in the dose of reality from now and then.
    They should. A democratically elected government serves the people. Anything else is a dictatorship.

If that puts soldiers at risk, so be it. Transparency and democracy are more important. Any citizen should have access to any document of any branch of the government and any agency or institution working for the government. Fuck, Trump's e-mails should be given out in real time. There should be a camera present during any and all session.

Guys, answer me this:

Why would you want your government to have secrets from you? Don't you want to know what the people you voted into office are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Former CIA Acting Director Michael Morell on Thursday announced his resignation as a senior fellow at Harvard after the university named U.S. Army soldier-turned-convicted felon Chelsea Manning a visiting fellow.

Manning will take on the role at Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, the school said on its website.
    Now Playing

Chelsea Manning released from prison
    Close

“She speaks on the social, technological and economic ramifications of Artificial Intelligence,” the Harvard announcement said. “As a trans woman, she advocates for queer and transgender rights as @xychelsea on Twitter.”

Morell, a former CIA deputy director who twice served as acting director, announced his resignation from Harvard's Belfer Center was a result of Manning's appointment, saying he couldn't be part of an organization "that honors convicted felon and leaker of classified information."

"Senior leaders in our military have stated publicly that the leaks by Ms. Manning put the lives of U.S. soldiers at risk," Morell said. "I have an obligation in my conscience -- and I believe to the country -- to stand against any efforts to justify leaks of sensitive national security information."

Many people were flabbergasted the university gave Manning the title, calling it “unbelievable” that a person convicted of espionage could be considered a “fellow.”

“Of all the veterans who honorably served...Harvard hires Chelsea Manning who was convicted of espionage. Unbelievable,” retired gunnery sergeant Jessie Jane Duff wrote on Twitter.

“I'm loyal to Harvard, but I think I'll forego IOP events this fall. (I'd feel the same way if Chelsea Manning were still Bradley Manning.)” pundit Bill Kristol said. Manning replied: “Awesome ! can you ask @Seanspicer to do the same ? #WeGotThis.”

“#Bizarre; @Harvard names #ChelseaManning as #VisitingFellow on #LGBT.. He's more qualified to speak on #Treachery,” tweeted David Higgins, who identifies himself as having been in the U.S. Army.

“Seriously @Harvard?? Enabling a traitor to our country? You need to check your stupidity,” another user wrote on Twitter.

“How to become a Harvard Visiting Fellow: Leak 700,000 classified documents & get convicted of 6 espionage charges,” user J Michael Waller tweeted.

“And Harvard just named him a visiting fellow along with Chelsea Manning. Good examples for students on how to slime your way to the top,” another person wrote.

“Chelsea Manning Was Convicted of Leaking Classified Info — So Naturally, Harvard Sent Her a Job Offer,” a tweet read.

Manning, who was known as Bradley Manning before transitioning, was released from prison in May after serving seven years for leaking classified government materials to WikiLeaks. She was convicted in 2013 of espionage, theft and computer fraud, earning her a 35 year prison sentence -- until former President Barack Obama commuted the sentence.

CHELSEA MANNING FREED FROM KANSAS MILITARY PRISON

Manning's release from jail was widely criticized by members of Congress, who considered Manning's leaks of the nation's most sensitive secrets a danger to America's safety. House Speaker Paul Ryan called the move "just outrageous."

The convicted felon did not directly address the new job on her social media accounts, except in her response to Kristol. She will be joining former White House press secretary Sean Spicer and campaign manager Corey Lewandowski as fellows in the 2017-2018 school year.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/14...ng-fellow.html

I think this is a bad move for Harvard, why would they hire a convicted traitor? Who would want that political firestorm?!
    Maybe because they don't believe that conviction was just.
    Easy enough.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

They should. A democratically elected government serves the people. Anything else is a dictatorship.

If that puts soldiers at risk, so be it. Transparency and democracy are more important. Any citizen should have access to any document of any branch of the government and any agency or institution working for the government. Fuck, Trump's e-mails should be given out in real time. There should be a camera present during any and all session.

Guys, answer me this:

Why would you want your government to have secrets from you? Don't you want to know what the people you voted into office are doing?
    I don't think you understand the definition of the word you're trying to use. Just because the government doesn't tell you every little thing they're doing it does not make them a dictatorship.

So until you're smart enough to know how to use the word properly I suggest you stop using it.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanEX View Post
    Because leaking classified information is in the same category as dealing with illegals...
    Dealing with illegals? You mean ignoring a court order right? Of all the awful things that he did, that was the one that he was going to jail for. I see a lot of people posting here who don't know all the details on either of these cases.

Take a look at the information Manning leaked. You might not feel the same about it after you do. (I have to warn you the chopper video is hard to watch) It's easy to disagree with how distribution of the information was handled but it's hard to argue that the public didn't have a right to know any of this stuff in my opinion.
    Last edited by Zmaniac17; 2017-09-15 at 01:48 PM.

Elba, i will try to explain this one more time you, in barney terms okay? The public has a right to now what the military is doing, why they are where they are, and the mission going forward. What the public has absolutely NO NEED to know, is where the troops are located, where fire posts are located, covert missions, or battle plans. Why would they need this information? why would you want our troops to literally have a giant target on their heads? You are literally inviting ambushes, missed targets, and people dying for absolutely no reason. If you have a problem with "the elite", so be it, but hating the everyday soldier is a fools errand.
    I don't hate every soldiers. I just think transparency > their security.

Also, i joined the Army so i could to college and not have to take out hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. I started enlisted, went green to gold, and now work for a great private sector company in finance. My goal wasn't to "serve the elite", but to take advantage of the opportunity it afforded me, and now i am well on my way to being "an elite" that you hate so much.
    Still your own choice.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account

Guys, answer me this:

Are you under the delusion that things would be more "transparent" in your communist utopia? Sometimes there are things that simply should be public knowledge, sometimes things should be kept secret. Also, saying troops dying is for the betterment of the country is one of the most ridiculous statements you've ever made. Would it better if Antifa protesters died? would it be better for the country? i mean, they are a domestic terrorist group now.

BTW, the point is, you can consider Manning a traitor.

It's your right. However, what's odd is that the people hating Manning tend to be the people loving a bunch of far more destructive traitors, who actually conspired against the United States, killed numerous US soldiers, mistreated US POWs and enslaved US nationals.

Manning confessed to getting hundreds of Afghan informants murdered.

This severely impacted NATO's intelligence gathering in Afghanistan and many NATO troops were killed because of it, Canadians, British, French, Germans, Americans, etc.

But Manning did his time.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Traitors should be shot or atleast hanged, drawn and quartered.

I don't think you understand the definition of the word you're trying to use. Just because the government doesn't tell you every little thing they're doing it does not make them a dictatorship.

So until you're smart enough to know how to use the word properly I suggest you stop using it.
    A government that is not accountable to the citizens is dictatorial. How can a government that is not fully transparent be fully accountable?

If the government sends troops to do missions the public should have all details so that if they disagree with that they can vote the government out.

Only a fully informed citizen is a free citizen.

Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    Traitors should be shot or atleast hanged, drawn and quartered.
    That's odd : in addition that the US law mentions mostly fines and prisons, traitors are lionized in one half on the United States, and people cry like little girls when others people say mean things on them.

Also, saying troops dying is for the betterment of the country is one of the most ridiculous statements you've ever made.
    I did not say that. I said the risk is worth the increase in democracy.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don't hate every soldiers. I just think transparency > their security.

Still your own choice.
    Elba, you can still have government transparency without knowing troop movements, the military is its own entity that operates outside the bounds of the traditional government, its essentially its own "government". You don't even have the traditional rights of US citizens while serving, so how the fuck would giving some basement dwelling turd classified military intelligence because he has a boner for terrorists help anyone? It doesn't.

Also, some secrecy doesn't make a government a dictatorship, dont deal in absolutes.