Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Assault on Volskaya Foundry - Upcoming Content

We've got a few threads dedicated to specific pieces of content in this reveal:

This thread will be for general speculation and discussion of other upcoming content, such as the new skins being teased in the trailer. Destroyer D.Va hype!

Upcoming Skins

Shrike Ana

Destroyer D.VA

Commandant Varian

Celestial Raptor and Invisible Horse mounts

New Event: Pachimari Mania!

• Pre-game event, similar to the Lunar Festival and Treasure Goblin events
    • Search for the Golden Pachimari amongst a boat load of loot boxes
    • Opening a loot box increases the movement speed of the team
    • Collecting the Golden Pachimari will advance the event quest towards loot! New loot includes portraits, emojis, banners, and sprays

Pachimari Sprays

Pachimari Portraits

Exhibition Match
    Blizzard will be streaming a pro exhibition game on Volskaya Foundry on Thursday September 21st! This event will take place at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern/1900 CEST.

Official Website
    Assault on Volskaya Foundry
    Last edited by chaud; 2017-09-15 at 08:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Varian skin and some lame Overwatch Hero I guess. I doubt they release one of the bad guys or omnics, so meh.

Robotic hand and double sword. Definietly OW theme. Hand looks like Reinhardt one (Doomfist has more shinies on it).

Varian skin and another OW hero, doesn't excite me much.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    If they announce Reinhardt, I'll LOSE my shit. He's the only character I like in OW, so getting to play him in HoTS would be awesome. Although I have to wonder why they'd add a cleave to Leoric's basic attack, and then add a character who really SHOULD have a cleaving basic attack...

Unless the change to Leoric was just to see how it plays in game!

Plus, there's NO way that he could be anything other than a pure solo tank, so that's nice.

(I know, because I've said that they'll release him as a support now...)
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Well according to the leak, which has been 100% accurate so far, it says the next upcoming, or at least one of them, is a starcraft hero named Firebat. Firebat is a huge mech suit so it fits this teaser. Also as people already said the weapons are clearly varian's so a starcraft varian skin.

I'm thinking Varian's skin will be more like the super hero skins for a few other heroes, like Sonya's. Those swords don't really look Starcraft-y to me. Otherwise it'd be psi-blades or similar.

The only OW hero I would be excited for is McCree.

I know Valla has a cowboy skin, but man McCree could be so fun in HOTS.

Flashbang would be easy enough to incorporate and I'd love to see what they could do with Deadeye (obviously insta-kills would not work so hot in this game).

Fan the hammer would sort of be like Valla multi-shot but I'm sure they could do something unique.

It has to be Varian skin, the arm looks like one of the robots from Volskaya in Overwatch, so probably Volskaya map in OW.

God how do I forget that leak every time, yeah Firebat looks right to me, in the snow no less!
    I am the lucid dream

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I forgot about Firebat :'(.

Well, fingers crossed he'll be a tank, although that's not very likely.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Some clever devils on the Heroes subreddit deduced that this was Volskaya industries. The tileset, snow, and even the bench all sync up with the Overwatch Map. Add to that the big roboto hand doesn't quite match the Hanamura giant omnic, or Reinhardt's glove. So what we're left with is:

Varian Skin
    Possible Volskaya map/hero
    Firebat hero possibly (leak says he's next)

/thread
    Eagerly waiting one expansion at a time for the Tinker/Mechanic/Engineer class since 2010

Today's HGC matches will start in 4 hours as of this post. We'll likely get more teasers and maybe even an actual reveal throughout the day.

I am the lucid dream

From the Reddit thread, would definitely take this over an Overwatch Hero:

Bench (Assassin)

Difficulty - Very Hard

Q - Have a seat.
    Appear as a normal bench for 10 seconds. While in Bench mode you are unable to move. Enemies who sit on the comfortable bench take 2% maximum health damage

W - Respect Wood
    Bench coats himself in a protective liquid shell. Reduces all incoming damage for 2 seconds

E - Splinter
    Bench sacrifices 4% of its health to shoot a splinter. Splinter causes consistent damage over time until hero is healed or takes healing

D (Trait) - Getting Comfy
    Bench can replace bushes to make them appear as though they are a bench and offering a nice comfortable seat. Heroes who sit on the bench will recover 1% hp per second.

Talents -
    Level 1
    Put it down
    Enemies who have sat on the real bench will continue to take damage over time up to a maximum of 10% of their health after getting off
    Built to last
    After using Have a Seat bench will gain 25 armor for 3 seconds
    Sleep softly
    Heroes who sit on a non-player bench will now recover 2% health per second, but will suffer movement speed reduction of 25% for 3 seconds

Level 4
    Sticky Sap
    Enemy players who have sat on a player bench are now unable to move until the duration of the ability has ended
    Pine Burst (Quest)
    Hitting enemies with Splinter now increases its base damage
    Quest: hit 25 enemies. Damage increased by 2.5 to a maximum of 125
    Quest: hit 50 enemies. Now splits into 3 splinters, health cost reduced to 1%
    Non-Flammable
    Permanently increases spell armor by 25. Reduces physical armor by 15

Level 7
    Against the grain
    Respect wood cool down increased to 30 seconds. All damage done is now reflected back to the attack player at 25%
    It's gonna be a while
    After accumulating a 120 seconds of sit time, you can now place a second bench in a bush
    Paint me red
    You can now place a decoy bench. Decoy bench automatically breaks upon sitting on it, causing damage

Level 10
    Double the fun (Heroic)
    Spawn a clone of your self, clone mimics all of your abilities and lasts until you or it dies
    Decomissioned (Heroic)
    Sacrifice your self by exploding. Explosion causes a burst of splinters to be sent out. A decomissioned death will let you respawn after 10 seconds

Bench for Warchief 2020?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Bench for Warchief 2020?
    Bench for president 2020. Make America comfy again.

French HotS Twitter account accidentally posted something a bit too early, but as this is the internet, nothing is forgotten or deleted: https://twitter.com/JudgeHype/status/908709695115923456

Volskaya is confirmed, as is some kind of Russian high-tech Varian skin.

(I don't know French so I have no idea what the text says)

------------------

We now have the official English tweet!

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker)
    #HGC has started! Standby, enjoy these daring games as we further investigate the source of the crisis.

http://twitch.tv/blizzheroes

Last edited by Nerraw; 2017-09-15 at 04:07 PM.

Hahah, thanks French Twitter!
    I am the lucid dream