Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    Radeon 570 4GB if its at a good price or in stock in your country.
    Those countries dont exist. You'd be happy to get an RX 570 for the same price as a GTX 1060 6GB, generally.

- - - Updated - - -

ADD: 2GB is not enough for modern games even in 1080p. If you want to for 1440p most of the time 4GB is not enough aswell. VRAM shortage of course directly affects your GPU performance: if your VRAM is full the rest of texture data will be saved to RAM, which is a lot slower than VRAM, and also has to be accessed through the CPU.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    Those countries dont exist. You'd be happy to get an RX 570 for the same price as a GTX 1060 6GB, generally.

- - - Updated - - -

ADD: 2GB is not enough for modern games even in 1080p. If you want to for 1440p most of the time 4GB is not enough aswell. VRAM shortage of course directly affects your GPU performance: if your VRAM is full the rest of texture data will be saved to RAM, which is a lot slower than VRAM, and also has to be accessed through the CPU.
    The reality is difference is much smaller than one may suggest.

In between 1060 3GB and 1050Ti 4GB - 1060 is a whole lot faster EVEN with smaller VRAM. Even if you would create a case where more than 3GB VRAM is used, 1060 would still be faster by a margin.

It's not like if your GPU has only 3GB VRAM and if you use more than 3GB VRAM then everything burns down, there is a cost there, but it's not equal to a difference in GPU power between mainstream and "high-end" entry GPU.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    The reality is difference is much smaller than one may suggest.

In between 1060 3GB and 1050Ti 4GB - 1060 is a whole lot faster EVEN with smaller VRAM. Even if you would create a case where more than 3GB VRAM is used, 1060 would still be faster by a margin.

It's not like if your GPU has only 3GB VRAM and if you use more than 3GB VRAM then everything burns down, there is a cost there, but it's not equal to a difference in GPU power between mainstream and "high-end" entry GPU.
    That depends on how big is the difference in GPU performance. VRAM shortage can absolutely make a big difference, as shown here or here.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

10+ Year Old Account
    That depends on how big is the difference in GPU performance. VRAM shortage can absolutely make a big difference, as shown here or here.
    What you see there is not VRAM shortage... 1060 3GB is actually a cut down GPU from what 1060 6GB has, it has one cluster disabled.

It's still a whole lot more powerful than 1050Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    What you see there is not VRAM shortage... 1060 3GB is actually a cut down GPU from what 1060 6GB has, it has one cluster disabled.

It's still a whole lot more powerful than 1050Ti.
    Which doesnt make much of a difference, the test are in those articles aswell.

People will bitch and complain about what they like and push it on you..

but truth of the matter is a 1050ti will play WoW well enough as long as your CPU isn't dog shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is true, ultimately it CPU capped as fuck. Why I'd go as far as saying it will do just as good as my 1080Ti, not kidding. All it allows me is to crank up DSR and couple other bullshit settings and then look at 50% GPU utilization as I am being fucked over by retarded engine incapable of utilizing modern CPUs.

I have replaced my Radeon 290X and got huge boost everywhere, but WoW.

WoW? Lulz it's as if I did nothing all I got is just a couple more edge quality boosts with supersampling and those Nvidia shadows thing, which honestly is all just fluff. FPS increase was like "kk bro nice try there".
    Last edited by Gaidax; 2017-09-14 at 04:31 PM.

just get a 1060, they definitely can

Plenty of Radeon 570 in stock here, price maybe debatable https://www.alternate.be/Hardware/Grafische-kaarten/AMD

Short answer: yes.

Long answer: yes, but it won't be running any high settings at playable framerates.

Quote Originally Posted by Denpepe View Post
    Plenty of Radeon 570 in stock here, price maybe debatable https://www.alternate.be/Hardware/Grafische-kaarten/AMD
    What do you mean maybe? Does 340 EUR look like a reasonable price to you?

Quote Originally Posted by MrPaladinGuy View Post
    A 4GB 1050 Ti will run WoW fine at 1440p provided you're willing to lower some settings. I also saw your comment in the other thread about going for a Ryzen 1300.
    Haha yes, actually the comments didn't stop there but I'm really confident with my choices. There's a reason why many budget gaming PC are changing their builds toward Ryzen.

WoW runs quite well on my toaster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TechnoChance View Post
    Haha yes, actually the comments didn't stop there but I'm really confident with my choices. There's a reason why many budget gaming PC are changing their builds toward Ryzen.
    If WoW is all you want - I suggest waiting a month of two and getting Intel's I3, they get massive boost with upcoming generation and Intel is just better for WoW because of strong single core performance.

Of course I do play other Fps games. I thought so too, but Ryzen's price is attractive. Intel shall have their response to ryzens this October but I believe they're abit more pricy.

Those countries don't exist. You'd be happy to get an RX 570 for the same price as a GTX 1060 6GB, generally.

- - - Updated - - -

ADD: 2GB is not enough for modern games even in 1080p. If you want to for 1440p most of the time 4GB is not enough as well. VRAM shortage of course directly affects your GPU performance: if your VRAM is full the rest of texture data will be saved to RAM, which is a lot slower than VRAM, and also has to be accessed by the CPU.
    Really depends on which modern games you're talking about. Overwatch never passes 2gb even at 1440p. WoW is the same. Your CPU hits a wall sooner than your GPU will. Blizzard games are meant to be played on potatoes. I have a second PC with an i5-4460/gtx750 and it easily hits 60fps in Overwatch, WoW at 1440p. Youll have to run shadows on low, dynamic reflections off, but textures you can keep high since you'll never cap the GPU memory. There seems to be a huge misconception between what is possible on older hardware. You're really just missing out on HBAO+, Heavy Shadows. anything from a 750 on up can play modern titles, especially Blizzard games, enjoyably.

You can play Blizzard games on a potato if you know which settings to tweak. I've played WoW and Overwatch on a GTX750 1440 in a pinch. Can easily get into the 120fps range in Overwatch with it and 80 fps in WoW.

HBAO+, Shadows, Dynamic Reflections, Model detail, are good places to start. Texture quality is insignificant. Over watch never cracks 2GB even in a multi monitor setup at 1440p. If you guys have specific recommendations you'd like for your hardware setups feel free to post them and ill give suggestions. I have a lot of experience and YouTube videos telling you to drop to high-performance textures are doing you a disservice.

If you need a more definitive guide to settings checkout Gamer's Nexus's website. They have awesome graphics guide walkthroughs.