Page 52 of 78 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    WoW definitely wont

not unless they move it to DX12/Vulkan lol

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    You mean the opposite? Going by those you can get a Ryzen 5 1600 for the price of an i3.

The other problem will be 20-30% extra heat and energy usage for Intel.
    No, I mean the i3-8100 of course. i3-8350K is a bad buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    I kinda hope at least wow can utilize the 2 additional cores since its such a CPU pig as it is.

I cant wait to get my hands on my 8700k vendor sample so I can build my rig to replace the 7700k rig I use now for gaming.
    Why? Just why?
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

"Coffee Lake will natively support DDR4-2666 MHz memory" Any reason for buying higher MHz ram? Im gonna overclock a little on the 8600k

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    "Coffee Lake will natively support DDR4-2666 MHz memory" Any reason for buying higher MHz ram? Im gonna overclock a little on the 8600k
    That line doesnt mean anything if you have a chipset that supports memory overclocking. You can and have to do it.
    R5 5600X | Thermalright Silver Arrow IB-E Extreme | MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk | 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600/CL16 | MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X | Corsair RM650x | Cooler Master HAF X | Logitech G400s | DREVO Excalibur 84 | Kingston HyperX Cloud II | BenQ XL2411T + LG 24MK430H-B

Quote Originally Posted by Tegg View Post
    You mean the opposite? Going by those you can get a Ryzen 5 1600 for the price of an i3.
    The locked i3 8100 actually competes well against the R3s for price. The unlocked i3 8350K... is still 40$ too expensive. Not sure what Intel is thinking with that thing.

The other problem will be 20-30% extra heat and energy usage for Intel.
    ... this might be a problem if we were talking about an amount of heat or energy usage that mattered.

We aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    That line doesnt mean anything if you have a chipset that supports memory overclocking. You can and have to do it.
    I dont understand what you mean... You can and have to do it? Chipset that supports memory overclocking?

What ram speeds should I buy with a 8600k if Im gonna oc the cup?

Whatever is cheapest.

Intel does not scale with RAM speed like Ryzen does.

The difference between 2666 and 4000 Mhz RAM is within the margin of error.

No, I mean the i3-8100 of course. i3-8350K is a bad buy.

- - - Updated - - -

Why? Just why?
    Why wouldn't I? Upgrade is an Upgrade. If I were paying for the CPU it would be one thing but I am not.

why is i3 is more of price/performance than ryzen 3/5 at This moment? Obviously people are waiting for intel's response to AMD's monopoly

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoChance View Post
    AMD's monopoly
    What is a monopoly?
    The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, but wiser people so full of doubts.

AMD's monopoly
    uuuh .

I meant the only that's worth spending money for... sorry

Quote Originally Posted by TechnoChance View Post
    I meant the only that's worth spending money for... sorry
    The only thing out of their lineup that is totally worth spending money for is R5 1600. For anything else I wouldnt say that.

The only thing out of their lineup that is totally worth spending money for is R5 1600. For anything else I wouldnt say that.
    For gaming, somewhat correct.

Everything else than gaming, not so much.

Intel really needs Coffee Lake for a good reason, and it seems to deliver where it counts. Just Coffee Lake isn't here yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    For gaming, somewhat correct.

Everything else than gaming, not so much.

Intel really needs Coffee Lake for a good reason, and it seems to deliver where it counts. Just Coffee Lake isn't here yet.
    "Everything else" is precisely workstation tasks that cannot take advantage of GPU encoding. In the scope of all things those are irrelevant.

15+ Year Old Account
    "Everything else" is precisely workstation tasks that cannot take advantage of GPU encoding. In the scope of all things those are irrelevant.
    You may want to rephrase that as the statement is wholly incorrect.

In the scope of gaming related projects it may be "irrelevant" (it really isn't but not going into the debate of seeing 130 vs. 150 FPS)... but in the scope of ALL things it is EXTREMELY relevant.

Compared to the business/enterprise/OEM community the gaming community is but a gnat, in the scope of ALL things it is HIGHLY relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    Compared to the business/enterprise/OEM community the gaming community is but a gnat, in the scope of ALL things it is HIGHLY relevant.
    Too bad Ryzen success had no effect on all of those. Guess you need more than that.

15+ Year Old Account
    Too bad Ryzen success had no effect on all of those. Guess you need more than that.
    So you honestly believe the whole AMD Ryzen line, this includes Ryzen, Ryzen Pro, ThreadRipper and not to forget EPYC, has had 0 effect on anything?

I so want to respond to how incredibly wrong you are but I know it'd fall on deaf ears and antagonize people more trying to make sense of things here in this thread.

So I'll just leave it with "Coffee Lake can deliver performance where it's needed to fill the gap until the new CPUs come out with new features like the Ryzen Pro/ThreadRipper/EPYC series which is RAM encryption f.ex. ... but so far it will not be better price/performance overall still".

And "If you liked Skylake/Kaby Lake then you'll like Coffee Lake as so far it's the same as the prior launches but just buffed up, anything you liked then is still there and anything you disliked then is also still there."

Quote Originally Posted by Evildeffy View Post
    So you honestly believe the whole AMD Ryzen line, this includes Ryzen, Ryzen Pro, ThreadRipper and not to forget EPYC, has had 0 effect on anything?
    What does Ryzen Pro, Threadripper or (god forbid) EPYC have to do with the mainstream lineup? I should've worded it differently if I was talking to you, but I wasnt, so please stop derailing the thread.