Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I'm really curious here. I don't care so much where we go and what races or classes we get. What do you think could be improved on in terms of your personal hub?

could those mini-Legion features be a test for the next expansion?
    • Mage Tower, Command Center and Nether Disruptor on Broken Shore - players working together in order to build structures
    • the Vindicar - a spaceship which teleports you quickly to the location you want to go - a test for your personal ship? A mobile home? Quicktravel as a standard?
    • Suramar - a huge city - a test for a new neutral city which could be invaded?

what do you think?
    Broken Shore buildings are boring by the way, there's no point building something if It's just going to die by enemy flying units that are just standing right there above up, and we're not able to shoot them It's such a contrived reason to keep us building them... maybe have some anti-air built would make up for the costs of having each building destroyed for the thousandth time?

The Spear of Adun-..Imean the VIndicaar Is as I so naturally mentioned Is the Spear of Adun from Starcraft for all Intents and purposes, and I don't want It around simple because I don't want WoW to become a sci-fi fantasy as It's slowly becoming now, where we have Interdimensional whatever ships from demons everywhere, and demons with rocket launcers and mines... for fudge sake, they're just the Chaos from Warhammer at this point. And Draenei with shields? Might as well be the Protoss.

Suramar Itself I don't like, but the -idea- of a huge sprawling city for us to run around In again Is a good one, you can't deny Suramar was one of the highlights for people, a big city that we never had before. I honestly want our current capital to expand 2x more, give us more space to run around In and use. Orgrimmar can naturally expand Into Ashenvale, which despite the agreement with Tyrande for the Horde to leave Ashenvale alone would spark another potential conflict which Is good, our factions were put aside during Legion for the Order halls to work and I'm bored of them now, let us return to our respective factions and fight It off!

Stormwind can mine out some mountains I suppose and expand that way, or more sea-way kinda make a firenze kinda place.

Undercity can go... more under? Dunno. Silvermoon can obviously re-take that lost bit of Silvermoon to the West.

Thunder Bluff could expand to the northern mountain ranges In Mulgore.

So on and so on, that's a good diea, to expand city wise.

But what I really don't want Is for us to be a ship to sail around In, because you KNOW we're gonna have another table to do misisons at, and Im tired of playing Facebook while on WoW and waiting for time-gated missions to complete there before I could do anything myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Everyone becomes High King/Warchief of their respective faction.
    The sad thing Is they might go that way, seeing as we're becoming gods for anyone concerned. Adventurer what now?
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

Player becoming the leader of their faction, sending their troops on battles across the world. The cumulative outcome of those battles froma cross all players decides about the status of the zone - ownwership, quest and NPCs availability etc.

That would suck
    I have enough of EA ruining great franchises and studios, forcing DRM and Origin on their games, releasing incomplete games only to sell day-1 DLCs or spill dozens of DLCs, and then saying it, and microtransactions, is what players want, stopping players from giving EA games poor reviews, as well as deflecting complaints with cheap PR tricks.

I'm not going to buy any game by EA as long as they continue those practices.

Either some sort of a mobile vessel with customizable features or a "Race Order Hall"

Quote Originally Posted by TheVaryag View Post
    Broken Shore buildings are boring by the way, there's no point building something if It's just going to die by enemy flying units that are just standing right there above up, and we're not able to shoot them It's such a contrived reason to keep us building them... maybe have some anti-air built would make up for the costs of having each building destroyed for the thousandth time?
    I agree, it's bad if you can't do anything to prevent it. If it's too easy to defend, like 99% of WoW's content, there's no point either though.
    The Spear of Adun-..Imean the VIndicaar Is as I so naturally mentioned Is the Spear of Adun from Starcraft for all Intents and purposes, and I don't want It around simple because I don't want WoW to become a sci-fi fantasy as It's slowly becoming now, where we have Interdimensional whatever ships from demons everywhere, and demons with rocket launcers and mines... for fudge sake, they're just the Chaos from Warhammer at this point. And Draenei with shields? Might as well be the Protoss.
    SciFi vs oldfantasy. Agreed again, at least there is a lore reason: Draenai are aliens with advanced technology. I pray that at the end of Legion the Vindicaar crashes hard on Azeroth (possibly in proximity to the Exodar so that this could be part of the rebuilding of the new Exodar). I want swords and boards, not some too advanced laser-beam technology anymore. But that's personal preference, I guess there are many people who love that design.

Ships. I think it's quite possible that the Vindicaar was a prototype of a new home-instance ship, and I don't like the idea. It's logical for me though, having a lot of islands this would work as a kind of transport / hub. What contradicts personal ships is the fact that Blizzard went away from player-only home instances with Legion: they want us to meet other players everywhere. That said it would probably be a shared ship which would mean little personal customisation.

Suramar Itself I don't like, but the -idea- of a huge sprawling city for us to run around In again Is a good one, you can't deny Suramar was one of the highlights for people, a big city that we never had before. I honestly want our current capital to expand 2x more, give us more space to run around In and use. Orgrimmar can naturally expand Into Ashenvale, which despite the agreement with Tyrande for the Horde to leave Ashenvale alone would spark another potential conflict which Is good, our factions were put aside during Legion for the Order halls to work and I'm bored of them now, let us return to our respective factions and fight It off!
    Expanding old cities. What a cool idea. A lot of people don't like the fact that you have to return to Stormwind/Orgrimmar in order to visit the auction house, but if the "new city" would be a big new part of the old main city, people wouldn't have to go far anymore. BUT as the new zones won't be near the old(new) cities, this would become a problem of proximity: you need a while to get from your questing zone to your city and back (when your hearthstone is on CD). A lot of portals would take away from the travelling aspect of the game. Dalaran currently, for example, has a good location on the Legion map, you can fly manually in little time to your current questhub, no matter which Zone.

I don't know how this dilemma could be solved.

But what I really don't want Is for us to be a ship to sail around In, because you KNOW we're gonna have another table to do misisons at, and Im tired of playing Facebook while on WoW and waiting for time-gated missions to complete there before I could do anything myself.
    Missions. Imho I don't have anything against those missions, I don't spend a lot of time sending npcs on missions and now and then I get useful rewards out of it. I think there is a lot of room to improve the system though, making it less non-interactive. Blizzard scrapped the szenarios after MoP, so I guess they don't want us to play in those instanced places with NPCs around us. The Suramar follower szenario must have been a test for something though... maybe missions 2.0?! Add loot for followers in the whole world to find and it would be a great incentive to visit older zones again (similar to battle pets).

The sad thing Is they might go that way, seeing as we're becoming gods for anyone concerned. Adventurer what now?
    Reputation lost. It's difficult to go back since your character has gained reputation over the years. BUT maybe they tie it into the loss of our artifact weapons (which we will probably lose before the next expansion goes live). I love the fact that the signs point to it: we already find weapon drops on Argus. What if we lose a lot of our reputation with our factions (just storywise, not actual reputation) because we failed to prevent huge destruction in Azeroth (through the old gods / the Void) while we were busy fighting the Legion. What if people started to hate us, because we weren't able to defeat (the true) evil while losing our best weapon: the artifact weapon. Just like prince Farondis, we would have to earn back the respect from our people again.
    Last edited by Maarius; 2017-09-15 at 12:59 PM.

Brothels. Being PIMP and sending our whores on "missions" and collect profit after. Oh wait we doing its like two last expansions...

I'm pretty sure the Vindicaar is a prototype for the personal boat system. We will probably upgrade/change the boat, get its crew and so on.

I also think Invasion Points may be a test for boarding enemy boats (think maps like the Battle in the High Seas scenario from MoP) or visiting unknown islands in the seas. These could be done as scenarios as well, but the Invasion Point system would allow for a chance to get into a place where there are already other players there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrathius View Post
    Everyone becomes High King/Warchief of their respective faction.
    It won't take long to get to that since we become more and more important each expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I'm envisioning a combination of the Neighborhoods in Wildstar and the Quest-Building in Neverwinter.
    Players could collaborate together on build projects like they do in Minecraft.

Being able to make their own areas (placing whatever buildings, foliage, objects), and quests to go in them. For example, Running of the Gnomes event, if given the entire year to prepare with a custom collaborative player-made area with custom collaborative player-made quests... what would these community-driven events look and play like, I wonder? Would players make Builders Guilds that would focus on making experiences for other players? Who would make the best quests? The best environments? If they combined forces, what would it look like I wonder... what kind of places would you make? A personal retreat? A hall to do guild business? A tavern to socialize? A theater to put on a show? Somewhere to craft in peace? A custom arena map? A race track? Possibilities would be endless, wouldn't they..
    I've yet to read the rest of the post, but when you allow a group of people collaborating in a minecraft fashion, we would easily end up with THIS... https://youtu.be/fJVkBKmbrX0 OR This https://youtu.be/RDmTnulqY8Q
    Last edited by Lavey; 2017-09-15 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I'm pretty sure the Vindicaar is a prototype for the personal boat system. We will probably upgrade/change the boat, get its crew and so on.

I also think Invasion Points may be a test for boarding enemy boats (think maps like the Battle in the High Seas scenario from MoP) or visiting unknown islands in the seas. These could be done as scenarios as well, but the Invasion Point system would allow for a chance to get into a place where there are already other players there.
    I think the only thing I would like about boats is your idea to board enemy ships and (maybe) fight against their followers/champions. You would take your minions with you and maybe a mob which mirrors the enemy player character (class, armor, itemlevel) would be the last boss.

It's quite the pirate theme, and that's what I just don''t like about the whole thing. It would fit Rogues, maybe Warriors, but it's strange to have Druid-pirate ships, Warlock-pirate ships and Priest-pirate ships. No, just no, I hope we're all wrong with this assumption.

Deleted
    bzzd will realise my deepest fear - Housing, a personal, customizable base with 1000k items to grind for the rest of ur lifetime, not to forget those juicy shop items for 40USD... some apparently live to sub.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nothing hopefully I dont really like the concept. No more follower missions either should have died with WoD.

Deleted
    Proper player housing would be the next logical step. Emphasis on logical.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully something cool that sticks to the Garrison/Class Hall gameplay.

I actually enjoy them both.

Deleted
    The way it's going in 2 expansions we'll be leader of a new pantheon, sending Aman'thul on missions. So I hope they tone it down a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    I think the only thing I would like about boats is your idea to board enemy ships and (maybe) fight against their followers/champions. You would take your minions with you and maybe a mob which mirrors the enemy player character (class, armor, itemlevel) would be the last boss.

It's quite the pirate theme, and that's what I just don''t like about the whole thing. It would fit Rogues, maybe Warriors, but it's strange to have Druid-pirate ships, Warlock-pirate ships and Priest-pirate ships. No, just no, I hope we're all wrong with this assumption.
    I don't think ships will be based on class. Instead, there'll be several ship models, you start with a basic one (maybe defined by your race?), then you have to new ship models as rewards, be it from quests or by capturing enemy ships.

I didn't meant PvP ship combat in my original idea, just that your crew locate an (NPC) enemy ship and you have the quest to board/sack/capture it.

However, PvP ship combat would be cool as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    a boat to sail the south seas
    First reply wins the thread. Exactly, my man.

I kind of hope nothing...

10+ Year Old Account
    nothing, we don't HAVE to have a follow up to "garrisons" and "class order"

If Blizzard decide to go with the Azshara and the South Seas expansion idea, I could see us possibly owning a ship and some sort of crew. The Ship to be used as a travel means to other areas/islands while also being a central Hub similar to the whole Garrison idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Race Hall!

Or Factions if they plan on going back to the basics of WC.