Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Camthur View Post
    Haha.. leveling in WoW is blazing fast per level. I'd like some of these people who complain about WoW leveling speed to get a dose of old school Everquest leveling. We'd see if any of them complained about WoW any more.
    It's not so much that it takes long(for me), it's that it's extremely boring because the classes don't get half their toolkit until over halfway through, and the rest doesn't come until max level, so it's basically like playing a completely different class.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Leveling wouldn't be such a nightmare if the first 100 levels didn't feel pointless, you get you're main rotation by like level 20 and the next 80 levels you have nothing to look forward to. Even if you get a nice epic or something you're going to replace it in 15-20 minutes anyway so it has no value. This is the main reason I miss WOTLK and BC. Leveling was fun and even the minor level ups felt rewarding. It gave you something to enjoy other than just endgame.

Asus Prime x299 | Intel i7-7800x | Corsair H110i cpu watercooler | MSI Sea Hawk gtx 1080 | 16gb DDR4 3000hz GSkill RGB | Samsung 960 evo 250gb M.2 + Samsung 850 EVO 1TB SSD | Corsair AX760 | Corsair Crystal series 570x case | Windows 10 Home Premium 64-bit | Acer 23 inch monitor 1920x1080 + LG 23inch 1920x1080 + Asus 144hz 1920x1080|

lol millennials mmorpg's made before 2000 would have you crying in your sleep afraid to get out of bed each day.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Leveling is both fast, and very easy. The only time when leveling was easier was in WoD after they enabled flying and you could just gather treasures for those 10 lvls in one evening.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    So after a few months of playing SWTOR I came back to WoW and since Argus was fun as hell I decided to level a 4th alt, and boooy it was a nightmare. Leveling is slow, painful, unfun, and at some point I realized that it is much easier to just sit around capital city all day queueing for dungeons (more exp overall, less work).
    It took me quite some time to get to 110, a lot more than other MMOs take to get to max level and the fun I had was probably the least I have had in an MMO (SWTOR being the top leveling experience, so it made me feel even worse).
    Did Blizzard lowered the exp rate of mobs or was it always this bad?
    What I miss the most is voiced content on the lower levels, because I realized that if I was a new player I wouldn't want to play a game such as WoW and level a character on it because of how painful it feels, there is literally no fun and even new players stop reading the textes after some time. Voiced content for ALL the quests of WoW would probably make the game much better.
    Oh, on a side note though, once I got to 110 it took me 5 hours /played to be at 915 ilvl with concordance of the legionfall level 3, so at least there is that.
    You mean, painfully easy, right? As in, literally too easy, right? As in, you hardly have to do many zones, right? The only true leveling challenge right now, is 100-110, even that isn't a challenge once you get to 101.

As well, I recall the old SWTOR leveling, felt more 'painful' than WoW when I played.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by MHMabrito View Post
    I just did 1-110 in 3 days, so... sounds like user error.
    I don't believe anyone that says this and isn't using some kind of exploit or group leveling method. I've had several days now where I've been playing WoW for 10 hours a day (I never do this, but I dislike leveling, wanted a mage and wanted to get it over with fast). I'm on day 5 or 6 and I just hit level 89. I only do certain quests within short distance of myself and level appropriate that say kill/grab X thing and return, only do each dungeon once for the quests and I got through most of my leveling in 3 days, but only past Cataclysm content. Any time anyone says "I leveled to cap in only a couple days" I usually think "can't be" because I'm speeding through content as fast as physically possible with all heirlooms and after almost a week, just got to 89. I have quick flying and both WoD and Legion flying.

Leveling for me, after 12 years, is painful. I'm sick of it and two things could fix this for me:

1) Add world quests and rotating events to the rest of the game like we've seen in Legion. ALL zones should have world quests. An alternate way to break up the questing -> dungeon -> questing monotony and give a boost to the experience rate.

2) Add a 5% chance that all bosses in any dungeon can drop an XP scroll that gives you 15% your total XP for the level you are.

I think anyone who claims leveling is too easy is either in love with grinding (sadist) or has not been playing this game for more than a few years.

What class was this that you were leveling?

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    If WoW's leveling is a pain, then I have no words for FF14's leveling and the quests before Heavensward. Absolutely no words.
    This. I played FFXIV casually for a month or two and I think I made it to like lvl 30? before I lost interest. The game is beautiful and I love the idea that you theoretically can cover practically everything on the same character but my god I'd rather suffer through WoW leveling a hundred times over.

That's not to say WoW leveling is any better. My brother recently came back to the game and wanted to start new characters and we both tapped out before we even hit Northrend. I would kill for Legion's zone scaling tech to be applied to the old world instead of following the same stale zone/expansion progression for the 20th time

Can tell OP never played Everquest, PSO, FF11 or any MMO that took actual time and was a complete pain in the ass to level.

Bring XP loss on death into WoW and revert it back to Vanilla but more irritating such as EQ or FF11. Then tell me modern WoW levelling is painful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jademist7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that SWTOR has an XP boost active, especially if you sub...Get heirlooms and spam dungeons if you wanna level faster.

Also, the shear amount of quests from the Vanilla era up to now would require too much resources to devote to voicing every single piece of text quest...It's just unreasonable to ask for that at this point.

SWTOR was built differently, with a different focus in mind.
    They do. As well, can be purchased, if I recall.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Thank god for those xp pots but iam done with leveling and alts i got so many that i have almost reached my limit and may have to start deleting toons unless blizz ups the character limit.

Leveling in this game was never painful EVER. Some levels in everquest took 12+ hours of grinding mobs over and over to level ONE level. Hell levels anyone? Who remembers level 59 haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling is easy, if tedious. It's the post 110 laundry list of shit you gotta do nowdays that's painful
    Wrath baby and proud of it

Has anyone mentioned Runescape leveling? You'll have to seriously work at the game if you want to reach max in under a year.

Deleted
    The pacing is awful nowadays. You can't even level through one Pandaria zone before you hit level 90. No one wants to spend weeks grinding through level content, but applying the level scaling introduced with Legion to all zones would do wonders.

I don't find levelling boring and it takes like 3-4 days with full heirlooms

The OP is just saying this stuff to
    Really get some sort
    Of reaction from people
    Like some of the other
    Lame posters on this site
    Insist on doing
    Nearly every
    God damn day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't think WoWs leveling is particularly slow (esp not when you compare it to Final Fantasy XIV or older RPGs).

But post Wrath it is absolutely, nightmarishly braindead boring because every mob has far too much HP (major pet peeve of mine ever since Cataclysm) and almost none of them have any interesting abilities to watch out for and do the bulk of their damage with unavoidable autohits.

Blizzard always thinks that their combat is where their game shines and is the most fun, so they shove mob after mob into your face.
    They never realized that combat is only fun in raids, where a) you get to play your actual role (tank&healer, esp healer) and b) interesting mechanics and abilities are involved.

I tried to level my mage a bit the other day, got 3 quests far then I needed a movie on my seconds screen to not fall asleep. Imho a game sorely missed it's purpose when I need other entertainment media next to it in order to not be bored.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's not so much that it takes long(for me), it's that it's extremely boring because the classes don't get half their toolkit until over halfway through, and the rest doesn't come until max level, so it's basically like playing a completely different class.
    While I absolutely agree and hate the "play a broken class" feeling, that is true about leveling in pretty much any RPG.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oogzy View Post
    Leveling isn't a challenge, it's just exceedingly boring.
    Leveling is more challenging at current content compared to older content. If you find leveling boring I guess RPG's won't be your thing forever. As well, leveling at the moment is so smooth in current, and so fast in the old, that is is almost too fast and easy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    This. I played FFXIV casually for a month or two and I think I made it to like lvl 30? before I lost interest. The game is beautiful and I love the idea that you theoretically can cover practically everything on the same character but my god I'd rather suffer through WoW leveling a hundred times over.
    Yeah, the ARR (2.0) main story is painfully bad and the Fed-ex galore REALLY gets on your nerves. It picks up a bit post 40 but only gets good past 50 and in 3.0 content.
    Really enjoyed Heavenswards and Stormbloods stories.