Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Usually for garrison resources to keep doing gold missions, TBH. It would be nice to get some variety in that on the classes without the daily auto-complete WQ.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Usually for garrison resources to keep doing gold missions, TBH. It would be nice to get some variety in that on the classes without the daily auto-complete WQ.
    But you don't need Argus for garrison resources. You would only lose out on two daily emissary rewards. For garrison resources it would be more efficent to avoid Argus anyways. No flying and Tougher Mobs would make it inefficient on alts. Unless of course you did a series of quests that give you a bunch of AP and currency to buy gear....
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    If you don't want AP and gear why do you need to do WQ on your alts anyways?
    Is your statement implying that the only reason to do WQs is for gear and AP?
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    But you don't need Argus for garrison resources. You would only lose out on two daily emissary rewards. For garrison resources it would be more efficent to avoid Argus anyways. No flying and Tougher Mobs would make it inefficient on alts. Unless of course you did a series of quests that give you a bunch of AP and currency to buy gear....
    Given that Blizzard decide Argus WQ rewards for GR would be ~2-3x any from the rest of the world... Yes, it makes a difference that they aren't unlocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drusin View Post
    Is your statement implying that the only reason to do WQs is for gear and AP?
    No. But a large amount of the WQ on Argus give gear, argunite (used for gear), or AP. If you are not interested in those things then there is even less of a reason to need Argus world quests.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Argus is alt friendly and Argus quest line is part of that. First having alts now is easier than before. Instead of doing same quests in same zones multiple times now you can do just 1 invasion zone's 5-6 quests to get level which takes like 15 minutes of your time. It's much faster and less demanding than old school grinding quests/dungeons. Then we have easy areas working similar to invasions which awards much exp if you want speed it up. Then you hit 110, no need to unlock 3rd relic, no need to quests to unlock weapon traits or do Broken Shore, etc. You can jump to Argus. And that's why Argus chain quests are handy. First you can upgrade gear because just doing that gives you 2 ilvl910 pieces of gear, 880 relic for your weakest slot (you have 3 880 to choose from) and plenty of AP with maxed AK. And you can farm tons of ilvl 880+ BOA gear on other toons to help new alt. More - you get nice bonuses like AOE with short CD one shooting most mobs or Lightframe to even help you further.
    I'm altoholic and now it's easier and transition to current max level content is smoother than ever before. I can reach level 110 almost without any effort and then easily can be geared and had all weapon traits. Today I just did it on my druid. 3 days ago druid was level 101. Today I dinged 110 and whole 101 - 110 grind took me little less than 3 hours (did 1 dungeon just to see how feral druid can cope with it, otherwise it would be shorter) and few profession quests. Beside heirlooms I had few Draenor items and hands from NL (780ish). My HP was very low at 110 - 1.8 mil. I used few BOA tokens to gear up, did Argus chain andmy ilvl is 897 because I could upgrade it with argunite. I can do Argus WQs, farm there, etc. So I really don't understand how someone can say it's too hard and it takes too much time. Blizz gave us way to shorten leveling, to do it fast and easy. But then we had toons unprepared for current content. So they prepared short, rewarding way to bypass problem with ungeared and untraited alts. And it's linear so even kids or some worst players shouldn't be lost. It's easy, simple and very time efficient.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JemiS View Post
    Given that Blizzard decide Argus WQ rewards for GR would be ~2-3x any from the rest of the world... Yes, it makes a difference that they aren't unlocked.
    If you regularly do world garrison resources are not an issue. I have 3 order hall resources on my map of Argus. Two 910 and 1 1175. Compared to 12 on Broken shores ranging from 325 to 1000. Add to that if you were serious about farming order resources you would be using a bodyguard with the proper equipment to turn every WQ into .

I can do 3 tougher ones for 2,995 (plus whatever from body guard) or 6,450 from the non-argus WQ. 5,450 if you take out the current 1,000 OR raid WQ.

It is a valid reason to want world quests but it is silly to want them only for that when Argus can offer less over all.

It's annoying, yes. But at least it's fairly quick to do and there are no real timelocks on it. If there's one thing that you should be able to skip, it's the artifact empowerment quests. At this point a few decent AP tokens are enough to cap an artifact at 20/20. At this point I've done all of the different ones several times each. They should just make it an instant quest at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    It's annoying, yes. But at least it's fairly quick to do and there are no real timelocks on it. If there's one thing that you should be able to skip, it's the artifact empowerment quests. At this point a few decent AP tokens are enough to cap an artifact at 20/20. At this point I've done all of the different ones several times each. They should just make it an instant quest at this point.

You don't have to do any empowerment quests. I am 49 traits on my demon hunter I hit cap on last night and I wasn't required to do any quests.

I'm not even 100% sure you can do the Empowerment questlines any more.

I just did it on 9 characters and it left me with a feeling of pure depression. Made me even reconsider the idea of boosting my unborn monk.
    And I'm not a fan of fuccboi Turalyon or degenerate Alleria or the whole Draenei "culture" so Argus is anything but fun to me.

But if it is any help, then just do the quests up to the point when you can take the invasion quests from Illidan, since there's absolutely no point in continuing with the questline on an alt if you have the Netherlight Crucible unlocked on your main.

Ian said "most WQs" and it was linked here multiple times. And most of those quest you can do just when you do first part of chain. If that's too much effort then logging to game can be demanding at some point too as too repetitive and tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumir View Post
    Ian said "most WQs" and it was linked here multiple times. And most of those quest you can do just when you do first part of chain. If that's too much effort then logging to game can be demanding at some point too as too repetitive and tedious.
    Currently there are *no* WQs unlocked account wide, which is a pretty far cry from "most WQs".

And you're saying that you unlock WQs on an alt when you... unlock WQs? Sure, it's not that bad. But it's also not what Ion said, and I think at this point it's pretty shitty that there's been no response from a blue at all indicating that they changed their minds and why. If you're going to jerk people around, at least own up to it.

But the intro quest is the worst of the 3 weeks, since there's so much unskippable RP you have to sit through. I also learned today that RP pauses when you tab out, so I can't even get to a point and tab out to reddit or MMOchamp and have the RP finish in the background.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac View Post
    This game isn't about your friends, though. This game is about taking it seriously enough that you do the hardest content no matter what it takes (transferring, etc), lasting friendships and other elements be damned. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They really want us to focus on only 1 character.
    That must be why I'm all done the whole questline on 12 characters, despite working full-time and with a regular weekly raiding schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Soeroah View Post
    I'm not even 100% sure you can do the Empowerment questlines any more.
    You can (at least they are offered to me) but with 7.3 they became obsolete.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    That must be why I'm all done the whole questline on 12 characters, despite working full-time and with a regular weekly raiding schedule.
    Congratulations that you endured doing that s* twelve times. I've got issues to do it twice, so bad it is.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by david0925 View Post
    Enjoying parts of the game on alts doesn't entitle you to skip everything you don't like to get there.

In your case of raiding, should alts automatically get leveled to max level and have a set of pre-raid gear ready for you so you can enjoy raiding?

Unlocking 1-2 hours worth of storyline per alt isn't something unreasonable at all.
    Bear in mind, having alts doesn't mean you get to play them all at the same time. Any time spent advancing an alt is time taken away from advancing a main. Altoholics are already giving up some competitive edge, because they want to experience more of the game than those who only do one class/spec.

Ive done it for RP reasons on my Draenai alts but i sure as shit aint gonna do it on any other toons!!! Orc Main excluded!

My gripe with the chain is once you do it you start getting harder follower missions that reward pretty much the same stuff the old ones did but where it is considerably harder to get the 200% success rate for the bonus. Plus the missions all seem to take longer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jodmos View Post
    My gripe with the chain is once you do it you start getting harder follower missions that reward pretty much the same stuff the old ones did but where it is considerably harder to get the 200% success rate for the bonus. Plus the missions all seem to take longer as well.
    Longer? Really? Mine are mainly all super short; 5-6 hours, so I never get my equipment bonuses I set all my followers up with because almost everything worth doing took over 8 hours. Plus the whole, you're only allowed to send 2 followers a considerable amount of the time (super annoying). I'm pretty sure it's actually a bad idea to unlock those missions on my alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiarra View Post
    Longer? Really? Mine are mainly all super short; 5-6 hours, so I never get my equipment bonuses I set all my followers up with because almost everything worth doing took over 8 hours. Plus the whole, you're only allowed to send 2 followers a considerable amount of the time (super annoying). I'm pretty sure it's actually a bad idea to unlock those missions on my alts.
    I've kept a spreadsheet of gold earned across my 12 characters because I'm an idiot, but around 7.2 I upgraded my main's champions from 850 to 900 and left it at that for a month. Over the course of that month (and subsequent months) I've noticed that my main has earned less gold per day on average than any of my characters still at ilevel 850 champions. That could be RNG, but at this stage that feels unlikely. The drop was by like 20k a month. He only got a gold mission about half the days in a given month while most alts had more than one per day, on average.

When Argus came out, since I only have the one character at ilevel 900 champions, I unlocked the new Argus missions on him. Surprisingly, SO FAR he's getting more gold than he has in a long time - in fact, as of the 15th September he had already earned the same gold per day projected for the entire month that he had earned in August, meaning he's earned gold at double the rate so far. Again, could be RNG, but it's looking up.

The trade off to that, though, is that the missions appear to be more expensive, harder to reach 200% on, and while there are some 4-8 hour missions a lot seem to be 16 hours to a full day. Plus, it is both rarer to see and harder to Bonus reputation token missions, which sucks as that character was the only one pulling in bind-on-account 750/1500 rep tokens for paragon purposes. Now he's the only one who can earn Argus rep tokens, outside of the random world quests.

It's an annoying balancing act. It feels like depending on the kind of rewards you want, the missions are split into different tiers, so far. No idea what 925 or 950 missions will look like, but from my experience it's like..

850: Best for gold/cost balance
    900: Best for reputation/AP
    900 Argus: Best for... Argus currency, rep and items. Good gold, but at a higher cost.