Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Just to prove that BLizzard is capable of adding meaningful gameplay to a game like WoW further down its lifecycle, pet battles are probably the kind of thing I'm referring to. It adds a lot to the game, it's completely separate from raiding, and is meaningful/fun/rewarding on its gameplay alone.

They need to make another system equivalent to pet-battles, rather than giving me a new WQ to kill 10 mobs over here, kill that mob over there, pilot this thing to shoot down 10 of these, etc...Honestly, the Kirin Tor WQ, as annoying as some of them can be are some of the best stuff added this expansion, along with things like the Lucid Nightmare puzzles.
    Yeah. As much as I hate Transmog it is another feature that adds very much to the game. Pet battles as well. WoD and Legion had none of that. I really hope they come up with something meaningful next expansion. Mythic+ was an amazing idea and it is still but it becomes very repetitive nonetheless. WoW needs fresh air when it comes to meaningful (solo) content.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Yeah. As much as I hate Transmog it is another feature that adds very much to the game. Pet battles as well. WoD and Legion had none of that. I really hope they come up with something meaningful next expansion. Mythic+ was an amazing idea and it is still but it becomes very repetitive nonetheless. WoW needs fresh air when it comes to meaningful (solo) content.
    M+ is just really bad for the community. It's another tool to act elitist especially with M+ score.

Deleted
    A lot of cons.
    I liked the voice acting in some parts of the questline though.

Only big con for me is no whistle from the start. Rest is amazing:

- 3 zones in single patch! This raise bar really high for next expansion, I don't get why so few people mention it.

- music and art - 10/10; Argus is wasteland with heavy fel theme - I totally expected it from the start, it was the reason why launch zones and first three raids had little to do with Burning Legion, but this is time when we finally deal with BL and final chapter must be full of them.

- also we got Mac'Aree that is kinda mix of Draenei zones from Draenor and Netherstorm - I didn't expect it at all,

- dungeon is nice addition to the pull, can't judge mechanics before I do it on M+ few times

- world quest are just dailies - it's not amazing content, but gives you something to do. World quests are superior to dailies because you have choice (you have to do only 4 from the pool of many that is avaiable during 3 days) and you can do 3 at once. Of course whiners here don't understand how this system works and just tryhard all of them (and then of course continue to whine that rewards for rep are not good).

- same with invasion points - it's not mind blowing, but it's good to have some change in scenery.

- story! lot of epic moments and also stuff we didn't expect at all before 7.3 (Illidan/Xera, Sargeras awakening Pantheon, Alleria going Void, Velen backstory).

- nice catch up rewards, I finally have place to gear up my non-raiding alts for challenge skins (this alone will keep me entertained until 8.0 release)

- more account wide stuff than usual - I hope that unlocking flight paths for whole account will became standard in the future.

- and we have still raid + smaller stuff incoming (when I compare Legion patch to older expansion, I always count 7.X + 7.X.5, since we didn't have these smaller patches before); don't want to spoil anyone, but raid already looks even better than Tomb of Sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    M+ is just really bad for the community. It's another tool to act elitist especially with M+ score.
    ... or it is just system that makes dungeon relevant for whole expansion. Many people enjoy dungeons more than raids. But I guess for whiner every new thing is always "bad for cummunity".
    Last edited by Dracullus; 2017-09-15 at 05:29 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    ... or it is just system that makes dungeon relevant for whole expansion. Many people enjoy dungeons more than raids. But I guess for whiner every new thing is always "bad for cummunity".
    You know what also makes dungeons relevant for the whole expansion? New dungeons. And badges.

You know what also makes dungeons relevant for the whole expansion? New dungeons. And badges.
    Oh yeah, farming easy dungeon for badges is so much more fun that doing high m+ with friends. And spaming same patch dungeons, because launch ones became irrelevant. So fun!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    This. But I'd say the audiovisual presentation is very good. Gameplay though ... 7.3 is a little bit better than the abysmal 7.2.

Flying / fewer mobs would solve some of the biggest issues with Argus. Nevertheless, the content offered will be outdated early next year. Argus won't last until the next expansion.
    For you maybe. WoW has always been and will always be a reward-driven grind. If you don't like that, why are you playing this game? When was this game not a grind? Rep grinds give you more than just some stuff in the end, you get gold/AP. Dungeons are more relevant than ever. Raids can be done with ANY amount of people above 10 + at 3 decent difficulties regarding your skill/gear. There was never this much content with this much variety appealing to so many different people.

And yes, I agree Argus is kinda difficult and it keeps you on your toes. But what did you expect? It is the goddamn Argus, ofc it is an unforgiving place. You know that flying would reduce the content you have to do further: Daily Qs done in half the time, Invasions done faster and so on....

Id really like to hear what you would change....

- - - Updated - - -

Is it elitist to look for people with similar Exp. like yourself?

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't make the WQ or rewards interesting, just another grind.
    Sounds like MMO's just aren't your thing anymore.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh yeah, farming easy dungeon for badges is so much more fun that doing high m+ with friends. And spaming same patch dungeons, because launch ones became irrelevant. So fun!
    I have nothing against M+ dungeons. I just don't like what the community made out of it. Mythic score is bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    If I outgear the content easily but don't get invited because I don't have "2k MS" it's elitist.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Sounds like MMO's just aren't your thing anymore.
    Maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethalmd View Post
    For you maybe. WoW has always been and will always be a reward-driven grind. If you don't like that, why are you playing this game? When was this game not a grind? Rep grinds give you more than just some stuff in the end, you get gold/AP. Dungeons are more relevant than ever. Raids can be done with ANY amount of people above 10 + at 3 decent difficulties regarding your skill/gear. There was never this much content with this much variety appealing to so many different people.

And yes, I agree Argus is kinda difficult and it keeps you on your toes. But what did you expect? It is the goddamn Argus, ofc it is an unforgiving place. You know that flying would reduce the content you have to do further: Daily Qs done in half the time, Invasions done faster and so on....

Id really like to hear what you would change....

- - - Updated - - -

Argus is not difficult. It is annoying. I would have no problems with a difficult Argus.

I am playing since Vanilla. I know what grind in WoW is (let it be gold in Vanilla or rep in TBC). It's different now. What I would change? Regarding Argus I already said it - flying, less mobs, less annoying pathways, longer respawn time. Argus itself can't be improved gameplay wise but you can make it less tedious and annoying.

Deleted
    I have to agree and say I actually preferred the badge system of WotLK

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I have to agree and say I actually preferred the badge system of WotLK
    Rushing Azjol'nerub in under 3 minutes is one of my fondest memories.

I know nobody really gives two shits but I thought I would post my own personal pros & cons of 7.3 because why not!

PROS

• Lore: I am usually the first to criticize Blizzard falling on false promises but I genuinely feel Blizzard fulfilled their promise here! I love the various lore for the Army of Light, Argus's past and present, Naruu, Legion activities, Void and Sargaras!
    • WQs: I didn't think much of WQs especially considering we've literally been force fed them for a year now BUT I actually enjoy Argus WQs and that's because most involve killing a rare that actually rewards useful and fun stuff!
    • The Characters: I am actually enjoying spending time delving into new characters as opposed to Khadgar and the Wardens.
    • The Rewards: I am pleasantly surprised with the number of rewards on Argus from mounts, pets, toys, BoA gear, new mogs, etc
    • The Catch-up Mechanics: The automated AK, the sea of AP and the BoA tokens are really a fantastic QoL especially for those that alt like myself.
    • The Vindicator: I love the fact that we slowly upgrade the ship and not only does it visually change but also grants new abilities

CONS

• The Location: Unfortunately with the exception of Mac'Aree I feel the zones are really bland and unremarkable... Sure the Skybox is pretty but the actual landscape not so much.
    • Mob Density: I understand what the intention was but unfortunately the mob density feels more like an annoyance than genuine threat. I feel Blizzard could've produced that effect with less mobs but more environmental hazards like the Felnado, Fel Reaver and Bombardments. The mob density also unfortunately puts me off exploring for fun which is a shame as I loved exploring Timeless Isle.
    • The Music: I can't help feel the music of 7.3 is ridiculously bland, I haven't much been impressed by Legion's soundtrack overall but 7.3 really doesn't add anything.
    • Seat of the Triumvirate: I am very disappointed by this dungeon, not only is it basically an AoE kill fest but aesthetically uninteresting and ridiculously easy.
    • Invasion Points: I actually had high hopes that Invasion Points would be interesting but once again like the dungeon they're basically an AoE fest and aesthetically just reused art... If it wasn't for the weekly I would avoid them completely

That all said and done I have been pleasantly impressed by 7.3 and enjoyed it very much, my only concern is the longevity of my enjoyment in the coming months
    There is like 6-8 sentences of new lore. There was like alot more lore in 7.2 in comparison.

WQ rewarding "Useful" (sure i can buy that) fun homever... Not sure what is fun about Gold Garrison resources and gear. (and AP stuff)

Khadgar and co are fun and there is too little of khadgar in 7.3 legion is also portrayed as cartoon villains (TALGATH)

No comment about egg yolks or whatever mount/pet since they dont interest me at all.

Catch up mechanic is pretty much the only thing of your pros i agree with.

Vindicaar is kinda meh.

its just a mobile garrison. but smaller.

Funny or not but i find the zones to be fun (and mac'aree to be kind of "meh" preferred the krokuun story more since it felt more relevant to the main story. we just went to that place where velens old home is to grab som stuff.

Mob density should be three times as high given this is the seat of the legion.

Its not broken shore.

Music is shit, but what else is new about the music in legion? Legion has 1-2 good tracks the rest are fucking shit.

Cant comment about the dungeon but Upper kara is probably still the best dungeon of legion

invasion points were kinda meh on ptr. so iwill give you that too.
    Cons:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    There is like 6-8 sentences of new lore. There was like alot more lore in 7.2 in comparison.
    That's not true at all

Deleted
    Mac'aree is pretty much the only good part about Argus in terms of asthetics, lore and gameplay. It actually feels creative and fun compared to the blandness of the other zones, where you feel like you're actually doing something like a broken shore again.

Still, Legion is still nowhere close to MoP's great patch cycle.

That's not true at all
    Yes it is.

we go to argus and meet the army of the light and Turalyon and Alleria They are lead by the naaru xe'ra and are just draenei.
    There exists broken on Argus and they have lived there since 25k years ago.
    There is a world soul on argus and sargeras is using it to ressurect demons from the twisting nether, he is also corrupting the titans souls.
    Illidan kills xe'ra.
    We kill loads of demons and they are still weak as fuck and the burning legion doesnt win anything because plot armour and instadeath weapons of the champions of azeroth.
    In the end Illidan imprisons sargeras, much like Bolvar did with the lich king.

Azeroth lives forever happily ever after the end.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by George Costanza View Post
    Yes it is.

we go to argus and meet the army of the light and Turalyon and Alleria They are lead by the naaru xe'ra and are just draenei.
    There exists broken on Argus and they have lived there since 25k years ago.
    There is a world soul on argus and sargeras is using it to ressurect demons from the twisting nether, he is also corrupting the titans souls.
    Illidan kills xe'ra.
    We kill loads of demons and they are still weak as fuck and the burning legion doesnt win anything because plot armour and instadeath weapons of the champions of azeroth.
    In the end Illidan imprisons sargeras, much like Bolvar did with the lich king.

Azeroth lives forever happily ever after the end.
    So you're conveniently ignoring the Titans, Void, Naruu, Velen's past, Ethereals, etc

Deleted
    I have nothing against M+ dungeons. I just don't like what the community made out of it. Mythic score is bullshit.

If I outgear the content easily but don't get invited because I don't have "2k MS" it's elitist.

Maybe.
    No it is not, I have been in 930+ groups for +15s/KJ hc and saw them fail horribly. That is why i requrie multiple KJ kills/a certain m+ score. Since then the groups i lead have been more successful significantly. Just a few days ago I joined one of this "quick run" groups for a +12Maw and the 932tank with no m+ score COULD NOT deal with Dark Slash...... Either take people you know, or let people prove that they know what they are doing.

So you're conveniently ignoring the Titans, Void, Naruu, Velen's past, Ethereals, etc
    Naaru and titans i covered velens past is very minor and it is just a minor ingame flick. Ethereal = void atm.

That's not true at all
    Let's be fair: there is new lore but it is not much.