Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Your perception of what is fact and what isn't is equally disgusting.

You say some dumb shit like:

As if your word is law. Fact. Somehow puts an end to the conversation. I'm sorry who are you?

I say it is, and they are.

So there you have it 2 nobodies with varying opinions on the genuineness of others. How exactly do you bring finality to such a stupid argument? You don't. So don't make it.
    Anybody with basic RP comprehension know it isn't RP but continue showing your ignorance

people who want to ruin someone memorial dont deserve respect and to be treated as a person. there are juste trash who need to get their own grave paint with shit. ruin a memorial is a hudge insult for the relatives and friends! that kind of stuff happen in the past some one log on a dead played character and a retarded horde rogue kill her saying and screening "now you are truly dead" of somthing like that. this total disrespect is beyond my comprehension. and people you laught about that or are entertained by this are just toxic and Narcissistic perverts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    The basis for the get-together is an OOC (out-of-character) event. That's why some people may not consider it RP as such. Don't know if you RP at all but what happens in character and OOC are very different things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    Just because you don't understand it doesn't mean it's fake.

Doing real life things with real life people is not roleplaying, no matter the medium. It's a fake as videoconferencing is.

Having friends is also not a made up phenomenon. Are you still friends with your friends after you part ways for the evening? How long are you still friends since seeing them? Can you be friends with old high school buddies if you live on opposite sides of the world?
    I get it... it isn't necessarily how their character might react to the death of said character/person.

That's really nit picky though... and irrelevant to my position that the action is okay RP or not.

It's actually the reverse where their characters are RPing as them. Its still a form of "acting out" something.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Anybody with basic RP comprehension know it isn't RP but continue showing your ignorance
    The RP doesn't fucking matter... and you're too hung up to see it.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-09-15 at 08:20 PM.

So there you have it 2 nobodies with varying opinions on the genuineness of others. How exactly do you bring finality to such a silly argument? You don't. So don't make it.
    I guess you could look at facts to form strong opinions? The scientific method has been around for quite some time now.

Real people reacting to a real world event is not RP - no matter how strong your opinion of it is. People attending a memorial to remember somebody is not pretending, either. It being genuine or not is not in question. People can be posing, they could be mislead. But that doesn't mean that it is not a real thing involving, involving real people, reacting to real world events.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

Deleted
    You fucking brought RP up! Your entire justification has crumbled

I get it... it isn't necessarily how their character might react to the death of said character/person.

That's really nit picky though... and irrelevant to my position that the action is okay RP or not.

- - - Updated - - -

It isn't RP, that's the whole point! Words have definitions. We are not roleplaying this conversation as A dot Ham and Mindark. We are real people having a real world conversation.
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

It is within the rules of the game to do it. You'd still be an ass. If you're fine with being an ass, go for it.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Somebodies autism is showing.

Infracted [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2017-09-15 at 09:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    I guess you could look at facts to form strong opinions? The scientific method has been around for quite some time now.

Real people reacting to a real world event is not RP - no matter how strong your opinion of it is. People attending a memorial to remember somebody is not pretending, either. It being genuine or not is not in question. People can be posing, they could be mislead. But that doesn't mean that it is not a real thing involving, involving real people, reacting to real world events.
    This is really a stupid conversation and got taken much further down the rabbit hole then I care to follow.

I simply wished to cast my vote for whether or not it was morally reprehensible to disrupt the event with PvP. I say it isn't. Really don't care about people's feelings or motives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuben View Post
    It is within the rules of the game to do it. You'd still be an ass. If you're fine with being an ass, go for it.
    I don't think it is under the ToS to harass and grief players for the intent to upset

- - - Updated - - -

This is really a stupid conversation and got taken much further down the rabbit hole then I care to follow.

I simply wished to cast my vote for whether or not it was morally reprehensible to disrupt the event with PvP. I say it isn't. Really don't care about people's feelings or motives.
    A conversation YOU made

Pls record and upload.

I don't think it is under the ToS to harass and grief players for the intent to upset
    It's a PVP server and there is a PVP resolution to any butthurt they may feel about it.

This is well established blizzard stance. Nobody gets to call a time-out on a PVP realm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's a PVP server and there is a PVP resolution to any butthurt they may feel about it.

This is well established blizzard stance. Nobody gets to call a time-out on a PVP realm.
    Then why have people been banned for it

Well then. On that that, I would say I disagree with you, but a subjective view cannot be wrong. Your former stance showed you either 1) didn't understand the situation, or 2) were wrong. Thank you for the clarification.

Then why have people been banned for it
    Nobody's ever been banned for simple PVP.

If it extends to griefing and corpse-camping, that's different, but there's nothing inherently making attacking a memorial griefing.

You better fucking do it, record it, and be glorious.
    World second memorial ruiner live. A+ home boy.
    I was a Death's Demise.
    Those were the good old days.

10+ Year Old Account

A conversation YOU made
    The point was that had they had the memorial in RL you wouldn't need to worry about things like people wrecking the event by killing the attendees.

By taking the event INTO a fantasy world there is a certain amount of RP involved. You are playing a part, acting out your feelings... through your character, in a world that has OTHER dangers and as such certain considerations need to be made. YOU guys got hung up on the word(s) "RP" if there is a better word for it... totally open to it. But you're still acting/playing a game.

It could be spun that way afterwards, but I'd say a Horde raid to Stormwind would have equally credible claim of ignorance of the event and that they just wanted to do a good ol' capital raid. If OP goes through with the plan, several partaking Hordies would be legitimately ignorant of the event.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

The point was that had they had the memorial in RL you wouldn't need to worry about things like people wrecking the event by killing the attendees.
    Are you suggesting that there aren't assholes outside of the game looking to grief memorials? Because it happens. Not to mention that it is not practical at all.

By taking the event INTO a fantasy world there is a certain amount of RP involved. You are playing a part, acting out your feelings... through your character, in a world that has OTHER dangers and as such certain considerations need to be made. YOU guys got hung up on the word(s) "RP" if there is a better word for it... totally open to it. But you're still acting/playing a game.
    There is a better word for it. It's called reality. And you are not totally open to it. The game is being used as a medium to hold a memorial. It is not being acted out. I feel you have a difficult time separating reality from fiction.

The way I see it, if some country raided another country, they aren't going to put it on hold because the country they are attacking is having a memorial when they decided to attack. If anything, it's good war tactics :P.