Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Good ad for Lidl. Didn't know you had it in London. And people wonder why Germany has so much money... :P
    We just started getting Lidls open up here in the US recently. I love it!

Deleted
    So glad this was a fucking amateur, who could not browse the web,
    With Bonfire Night just round the corner, anyone of us could find out how to make a better device online in just a few clicks.

Holy shit I was just in London yesterday as the first leg of my euro trip.

Last time i backpacked with my buddies about 10-11 years ago, i don't recall seen so many muslims around.

They seem to be eveywhere now. Even the Border Control agent that stamped our passports were wearing a Hijab, although she spoke with an English accent so im guessing 2nd generation. Mini mart attendants / uber drivers / etc were as well.

I am currently going thru Holland here is the same as well.

Crazy how things change so quick

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzington View Post
    We just started getting Lidls open up here in the US recently. I love it!
    I suspect your Lidls have little in common with ours. Our Lidls have the floor plan of your meat departments only last time I was in the US. The best thing about the US? You can't possibly buy a steak smaller than the span of a hand, apparently.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by dvaz View Post
    Holy shit I was just in London yesterday as the first leg of my euro trip.

Last time i backpacked with my buddies about 10-11 years ago, i don't recall seen so many muslims around.

They seem to be eveywhere now. Even the Border Control agent that stamped our passports were wearing a Hijab, although she spoke with an English accent so im guessing 2nd generation. Mini mart attendants / uber drivers / etc were as well.

I am currently going thru Holland here is the same as well.

Crazy how things change so quick
    Nice anecdote, but what does it have to do with the thread?

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    The kid was part of the Libyan exile community in Manchester, his father was part of Libyan Islamic Fighting Group. UK covert action in Libya in 2011 supported and armed jihadi groups such as LIFG, as a proxy force against Qadafi to promote its foreign policy objectives. He was allowed to go to Libya and Syria and return handwaved by MI6 through security in order to fight for LIFG. The government had an 'open door’ policy that allowed Libyan exiles and British-Libyan citizens to join the 2011 uprising that toppled Muammar Qadafi (which he did with his father, before going to Syria to fight with an AQ affiliate there or possibly IS according to french intelligence and his sisters testimony).

Its complex as british support for LIFG goes back to the 1990's : there was an operation to assassinate Qadafi using the LIFG 1996, that failed and let to Britian allowing members of LIFG to settle in the UK (manchester).

Essentially its blowback from poor policy choices mixed with the usual jihadi narcissism.
    OK, fair enough.

However, my problem with this is that he went to a pop gig attended, predominantly, by young children and blew himself up with the intention of killing as many kids as he could. Whether he or you think his victims weren't 'innocent' because of our collective (the West's) governments' failings with regard to the Middle East and North Africa doesn't really mean a lot to their folks.

Edit...

Sorry, ctd123 - I've kind of jumped ahead a step. I'm not in any way disputing your point. What I'm railing against really is the idea that something as evil as the decision to murder children can be in anyway explained as 'blowback'. Individuals have choices. This whole Abrahamic "an eye for an eye" shit I find abhorrent, they can all fucking jump.
    Last edited by Nigel Tufnel; 2017-09-16 at 09:23 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    OK, fair enough.

However, my problem with this is that he went to a pop gig attended, predominantly, by young children and blew himself up with the intention of killing as many kids as he could. Whether he or you think his victims weren't 'innocent' because of our collective (the West's) governments' failings with regard to the Middle East and North Africa doesn't really mean a lot to their folks.

Edit...

Sorry, ctd123 - I've kind of jumped ahead a step. I'm not in any way disputing your point. What I'm railing against really is the idea that something as evil as the decision to murder children can be in anyway explained as 'blowback'. Individuals have choices. This whole Abrahamic "an eye for an eye" shit I find abhorrent, they can all fucking jump.
    If people drop bombs on kids in Iraq or Syria or wherever then you are likely to see kids murdered in the west when arabs blow themselves up in response.

People supporting or carrying out those actions are cunts and neither faction can be excused on moral or ethical grounds.

As a practical matter it would be better for policy makers in the UK to acknowledge we had none of this shit going on when we weren't supporting every retarded foreign policy decision the yanks make.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    Did they catch anyone yet?
    A refugee apparently. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...be-attack.html
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Oh damn, well that sucks

Quote Originally Posted by dribbles View Post
    Anything not from the shit that makes fox news look legit? Because the police are saying nothing.

Oh right I forgot you're in denial about the world or just a troll my mistake

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    OK, fair enough.

Edit...

Blowback refered to the poor policy choices that allowed this kid (and his father) to go back and forth, participate in UK proxy jihad/revolution, and slip the net. Its not a moral argument on suicides bombing. If you support a conflict and then let disturbed fighters move freely you will get blowback (see Turkey, they let ISIS fighters slip freely, now there are cells in Ankara) Blowback.

I think the kid is a unjustified piece of shit.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Anything not from the shit that makes fox news look legit? Because the police are saying nothing.

Well it's on CNN but I'm not seeing any mention of it being a refuge (not that I believe CNN most of the time)
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/16/europe...ent/index.html

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rustedsaint View Post
    Well it's on CNN but I'm not seeing any mention of it being a refuge (not that I believe CNN most of the time)
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/09/16/europe...ent/index.html
    the daily mail line is 'who could have been an asylum seeker' because they would have a wankfest if it was.

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Amazing to see how people actually take the bait of these terrorist attacks by being, well, terrorized. You do realize that's what they want right? They want you to feel like you can't ride the subway, or take a plane, or enjoy a coffee at a cafe.

The reality is that yes, these things happen. They will always happen. They HAVE always happened, throughout mankind. This didn't just start recently - that isn't to say we should give up on preventing them, but take them with a grain of salt and live your life people. I know the brown people are scary and all, but get a grip.
    Yeah get a grip guys, having people bomb your trains is just a normal thing, get used to it you racists!
    Quote Originally Posted by True Anarch View Post
    Never claimed I was a genuis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Furitrix View Post
    I don't give a fuck if cops act shitty towards people, never have.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post

It's not me that's in denial, have you looked in the mirror recently? Can't get a more left wing liberal source....

"their foster children include refugees from war-torn countries Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan while they were believed to have been helping Surrey County Council with a scheme relocating Syrian nationals."
    http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...green-11184846

Perhaps you have a source that says he wasn't a refugee? Perhaps you are dreaming of that fluffy huggy world that Merkel believes exists.

Come down out of the clouds and get real.
    13/11/2022 Sir Keir Starmer. "Brexit is safe in my hands, Let me be really clear about Brexit. There is no case for going back into the EU and no case for going into the single market or customs union. Freedom of movement is over"

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Blowback refered to the poor policy choices that allowed this kid (and his father) to go back and forth, participate in UK proxy jihad/revolution, and slip the net. Its not a moral argument on suicides bombing. If you support a conflict and then let disturbed fighters move freely you will get blowback (see Turkey, they let ISIS fighters slip freely, now there are cells in Ankara) Blowback.

I think the kid is a unjustified piece of shit.
    Yep, sorry - my bad. I didn't fully understand the term "blowback" - had to google it. I thought the term could include some sort of moral judgment but it doesn't does it? It's literally just y being the unintended adverse result of x. OK

Deleted
    Atleast we know where he go s shopping.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    Nice anecdote, but what does it have to do with the thread?
    Isn't it clear? Muslims are terrorists.

/s

So sad nice couple who have taken in hundreds of foster kids over the years gets wrapped up in the failure of UKs asylum seeker/immigration mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    So sad nice couple who have taken in hundreds of foster kids over the years gets wrapped up in the failure of UKs asylum seeker/immigration mess.
    My thoughts exactly, suddenly it is their fault because one of their kids fuck up. - I hope they get a lot of support.