Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Says the guys who is acting tough behind his keyboard in just about every thread he posts in. You're the real MVP.

Call me crazy, but people who RP a memorial/funeral are probably not the type to go around kicking peoples' asses, unless you're referring to LARP and the "hospital" they have.
    I'm not the one who thinks it would be funny to fuck up something that others seem to take seriously. And you're confusing caring with weakness on their part. Like most tough gamer types, you wouldn't DARE do this in real life. You're too much the coward.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    We absolutely fucking do fucking role play. MMORPG. Because I wouldn't kill you IRL, but I wouldn't think twice about putting in the grave in WoW. In fact I would love doing it, tbag, flag of ownership, 2-3 corpse camps... the whole 9 yards. Not to the extent of griefing of course. But just enough to make you think twice about playing on a PvP realm.!
    You, or your character? That is the difference between role playing and not. You are not automatically role playing just because you play a game that is a genre that includes the letters RPG. Making someone reconsider playing on a PvP realm is also not role playing since there is no PvP realm in Role Play. If you are going to use words and terms at least become educated on what they actually mean.

- - - Updated - - -

Game... not a social medium. Nuff said. Hold your memorial. @gaymer77 PM me with details, happy to be part of the killing squad.
    If the game is not a social medium why do we have chat? Social aspects. You, the player, is happy to be part of the killing squad? So it isn't about role play at all after all.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    And I entirely agree. This is why we see more assholes online than irl. What I wouldn't say is that you are RPing an asshole when you are not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior online. I would simply call you an asshole.
    Agreed, just because its a game, doesnt mean shitting on other people makes you less of an ass.

Just because its not forbidden, doesnt make it right.
    But do it, and see how the community of your server reacts if you need the kick out of beeing a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    Cool story, bro. Doesn't matter to me how they feel. And you calling me a coward sure falls under your "internet tough guy" code. Let's face it, you're the beta male here trying to prove something.

Of course I wouldn't disrupt a real life funeral/memorial. That would be a dick move.
    Beeing a dick to others over the Internet is OK.
    Beeing a dick to others in real life not?

Sounds just like you are a dick, but dont want to face real repercussions for your behaviour.
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2017-09-15 at 09:27 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Neither does the "tone" on the forums. Or is this your first time hearing the term "vocal minority"?
    So what you are saying is that a sample of a community is not indication of how well received something is. So why are you claiming that the over all community supports griefing memorial services by likes and views of a video? I don't even think you understand what you are posting and arguing at this point. Because you are arguing against your very point in an attempt to call others wrong.

You absolutely are interpreting the ToS to fit your argument. Because they have NEVER been enforced in the method you are describing. I was actually one of those horde members there that day... and it was one of the more fun/memorable experiences I've had in the game. I remember the outcry by fellow guildies and horde to have these "griefers" banned. Blizzard did not take ANY action on any player that day or the days following.
    Blizzard has taken action against accounts for griefing even on PvP servers. That is not an interpretation of the ToS but cold hard facts. I have never once said all PvP is griefing so I'm not sure why you are deluded into thinking I have. But you are just plain ignorant if you think Blizzard has never banned people for griefing during PvP.

So Blizzard has ALREADY weighed in on the topic, and deemed it acceptable conduct for this game. End of story.
    That specific case. They have also banned people for doing behavior like the original poster claims they are going to do. But why is it the end of the story when you admitted you are an internet nobody that shouldn't be believed?

- - - Updated - - -

But that's the wonderful thing about games. I am not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior.
    So you do agree that it is against normal social behavior. So why the argument against us saying that it is not a normal social behavior? And again that has nothing to do with role playing. Because if you were role playing that it would be a normal social behavior for your character rather then you the player being the ass because you have no real life consequences (beyond potentially being banned).
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    pvp is pvp

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    They could have avoided that situation by just staying out of contested areas.
    Was the girls favorite place in game

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Was the girls favorite place in game
    Doesnt matter. The only way to not get treated shitty is not to go online.
    If you leave the safe space of your Home or Log onto the Internet you want to be harassed! You are practically asking for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    So what you are saying is that a sample of a community is not indication of how well received something is. So why are you claiming that the over all community supports griefing memorial services by likes and views of a video? I don't even think you understand what you are posting and arguing at this point. Because you are arguing against your very point in an attempt to call others wrong.

Blizzard has taken action against accounts for griefing even on PvP servers. That is not an interpretation of the ToS but cold hard facts. I have never once said all PvP is griefing so I'm not sure why you are deluded into thinking I have. But you are just plain ignorant if you think Blizzard has never banned people for griefing during PvP.

That specific case. They have also banned people for doing behavior like the original poster claims they are going to do. But why is it the end of the story when you admitted you are an internet nobody that shouldn't be believed?

- - - Updated - - -

So you do agree that it is against normal social behavior. So why the argument against us saying that it is not a normal social behavior? And again that has nothing to do with role playing. Because if you were role playing that it would be a normal social behavior for your character rather then you the player being the ass because you have no real life consequences (beyond potentially being banned).
    Its a game! Don't like it... don't hold the memorial there. Normal social rules don't apply when we are talking about a medium that REWARDS you for killing people who don't look like you. REALITY CHECK!

15+ Year Old Account
    Its a game! Don't like it... don't hold the memorial there. Normal social rules don't apply when we are talking about a medium that REWARDS you for killing people who don't look like you. REALITY CHECK!
    Well it also rewards you for killing people that do look like you. Just because it is a game doesn't mean you have to act like an psychopath. Reality check.

Quote Originally Posted by Basileus View Post
    Fun fact i was part of this.
    "Well i don't play wow to make people cry, i play wow to kill internet dragons and play with cool dudes. If i wanted to make people cry i would become a mail stripper." -Protos Blood DK Bleeding Hallow

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mindark View Post
    And I entirely agree. This is why we see more assholes online than irl. What I wouldn't say is that you are RPing an asshole when you are not inhibited by the confines of normal social behavior online. I would simply call you an asshole.
    Normal social behavior has to be redefined when we are talking about a fantasy world that rewards players for killing the opposing faction. You call that being an asshole... I call that playing the game.

Likewise a guy who plays with his little brother who keeps getting ganked in a leveling zone might consider said ganker to be an asshole.

The only difference here is the mindset of the "victim" and quite frankly... no one gives a shit. If you don't like it... don't play on a PvP server. Don't host your memorial on a PvP server, or enable PvP on a PvE server.

- - - Updated - - -

Well it also rewards you for killing people that do look like you. Just because it is a game doesn't mean you have to act like an psychopath. Reality check.
    Killing someone in game makes me a psychopath? That's a leap. REALITY FUCKING CHECK... you're playing the same damn game.

15+ Year Old Account
    Normal social behavior has to be redefined when we are talking about a fantasy world that rewards players for killing the opposing faction. You call that being an asshole... I call that playing the game.
    No one is talking about PvP in general making you a jerk. They are talking about specific ways of going about it that make you a jerk. Reality check.

- - - Updated - - -

Killing someone in game makes me a psychopath? That's a leap. REALITY FUCKING CHECK... you're playing the same damn game.
    Never said that. Forgoing all real world social behaviors just because you can is bordering on being a psychopath. Participating in PvP because is part of the game does not. You can PvP with out being a jerk. Reality check.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one is talking about PvP in general making you a jerk. They are talking about specific ways of going about it that make you a jerk. Reality check.
    It doesn't make you a jerk, and that's my whole point. Playing the game exactly how it was designed.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Never said that. Forgoing all real world social behaviors just because you can is bordering on being a psychopath. Participating in PvP because is part of the game does not. You can PvP with out being a jerk. Reality check.
    Oh really? Wanna share with us from what cereal box you got license in clinical psychology to make such an astounding unqualified opinion? Seeing as the victim is rarely going to see the one doing the killing as anything but... I'd say you're reaching... again.

Lol at the people saying it's disrespectful. What a bunch of whiny, greasy, idiots.

15+ Year Old Account
    It doesn't make you a jerk, and that's my whole point. Playing the game exactly how it was designed.
    There is a difference between PvPing and Griefing. The game was designed to allow PvPing but griefing has always been against the rules.

Oh really? Wanna share with us from what cereal box you got license in clinical psychology to make such an astounding unqualified opinion? Seeing as the victim is rarely going to see the one doing the killing as anything but... I'd say you're reaching... again.
    You admitted it yourself. You kill and act like a a-hole in video games because you are not allowed to in real life. You don't need a degree to understand what that indicates about the mind of a person.

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    Doesnt matter. The only way to not get treated shitty is not to go online.
    If you leave the safe space of your Home or Log onto the Internet you want to be harassed! You are practically asking for it.
    She was dead, she did not have a choice of "not leaving her home"

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Likewise a guy who plays with his little brother who keeps getting ganked in a leveling zone might consider said ganker to be an asshole.

The only difference here is the mindset of the "victim" and quite frankly... no one gives a shit. If you don't like it... don't play on a PvP server. Don't host your memorial on a PvP server, or enable PvP on a PvE server.

- - - Updated - - -

We're not talking about you killing their in game characters here, we're talking about you intentionally greifing real life people trying to maintain a little closure for their real life loss.

10+ Year Old Account
    You admitted it yourself. You kill and act like a a-hole in video games because you are not allowed to in real life. You don't need a degree to understand what that indicates about the mind of a person.
    You sit down and have deep conversations to resolve your issues with the opposite faction to earn honor points? I must try this unprecedented form of PvP.

No you kill people. So there's the biggest indicator of a psychopath... and clearly we both do it.

Behaving like an asshole... doesn't make someone a psychopath. But you think I'm behaving like an asshole because you're applying the laws and social norms of the REAL WORLD... to a video game. Which of the 2 of us... probably indicates a mental disorder on your end... but I'm not going to make that leap.

Seeing that I recognize a clear cut difference between Earth and Azeroth... makes me at the very least slightly more grounded than you are at the moment.

I am quite bored with this conversation though... I understand you need to fight for justice and be a white knight here... buts its a game. The deceased would probably rather that everyone lighten the fuck up and just place, but I don't know him/her. In any case I am quite bored with this conversation.

Enjoy your victim complex.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    If a raid on Stormwind happened to occur at the same time as this little memorial, no one would call them assholes for disrupting it and engaging in PvP. Organizing an event to troll these people borders on sociopathic.

- - - Updated - - -

You sit down and have deep conversations to resolve your issues with the opposite faction to earn honor points? I must try this unprecedented form of PvP.

No you kill people. So there's the biggest indicator of a psychopath... and clearly we both do it.

Behaving like an asshole... doesn't make someone a psychopath. But you think I'm behaving like an asshole because you're applying the laws and social norms of the REAL WORLD... to a video game. Which of the 2 of us... probably indicates a mental disorder on your end... but I'm not going to make that leap.

Seeing that I recognize a clear cut difference between Earth and Azeroth... makes me at the very least slightly more grounded than you are at the moment.

I am quite bored with this conversation though... I understand you need to fight for justice and be a white knight here... buts its a game. The deceased would probably rather that everyone lighten the fuck up and just place, but I don't know him/her. In any case I am quite bored with this conversation.

Enjoy your victim complex.
    Quite the opposite, the fact that you're incapable of recognizing that there are humans behind the avatars is a little alarming.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    If a raid on Stormwind happened to occur at the same time as this little memorial, no one would call them assholes for disrupting it and engaging in PvP. Organizing an event to troll these people borders on sociopathic.
    These cereal box psychologists are just popping out of the woodwork.