Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    These cereal box psychologists are just popping out of the woodwork.
    How you treat people in person portrays how you wish to be seen; how you treat people anonymously reveals your true character.

10+ Year Old Account
    To my friends out there (which are apparently none because I'm such an asshole)if I die and you do something stupid like an in-game memorial for me... consider yourself haunted.

Also I give my blessing to the opposing faction to not only kill everyone attending but to corpse camp for days. Friendly faction... please berate at every available opportunity. If you really care... send my mom flowers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    How you treat people in person portrays how you wish to be seen; how you treat people anonymously reveals your true character.
    PM me I'll give you my number and I can face time you to tell you the exact same shit. Its a game save your melodrama.

7+ Year Old Account
    To my friends out there (which are apparently none because I'm such an asshole)if I die and you do something stupid like an in-game memorial for me... consider yourself haunted.

Also I give my blessing to the opposing faction to not only kill everyone attending but to corpse camp for days. Friendly faction... please berate at every available opportunity. If you really care... send my mom flowers.

- - - Updated - - -

PM me I'll give you my number and I can face time you to tell you the exact same shit. Its a game save your melodrama.
    So if you died you would hate for your online friends to try and set up a memeorial for you?
    They are not going to pay up to a thousand dollars to fly over to the funeral of someone they dont know across the world and say "Yeah i umm knew your son from a game online..."

People make friends online, and after 13 years some of those friends can make bonds, and if someone dies they may want to have a memorial, but you know not everyone can afford to travel half way across the world for a person they have only talked through a phone

You spent 13 years playing wow together, why not respect that

But you seem to have a horribly sense of empathy, i reccomend you just leave the thread as there is nothing here for you
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    So if you died you would hate for your online friends to try and set up a memeorial for you?
    They are not going to pay up to a thousand dollars to fly over to the funeral of someone they dont know across the world and say "Yeah i umm knew your son from a game online..."
    So they knew his voice and his avatar... and that he did mediocre-outstanding dps or heals (nobody plays with baddies)?

So would you say this is all for show? Fake? Pretend? I would...

Yes I would hate it, because these people don't know me. Don't pretend like we're friends... we're wow friends. Just like coworkers are work friends. You behave differently in front of different people. You establish very different and mostly superficial relationships. Not everyone... but most people.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-09-15 at 10:33 PM.

Public memorial gathering? On a pvp server?

I think it's wrong not to shank a few.

7+ Year Old Account
    So they knew his voice and his avatar... and that he did mediocre-outstanding dps or heals (nobody plays with baddies)?

So would you say this is all for show? Fake? Pretend? I would...

Yes I would hate it, because these people don't know me. Don't pretend like we're friends... we're wow friends. Just like coworkers are work friends. You behave differently in front of different people. You establish very different and mostly superficial relationships. Not everyone... but most people.
    Thing is in alot of the guidls i have been in over the years people become long distance friends, meet up at blizzcon, or just random guild wide trips, tell stories, talk about things, but man you must just be in a guild that raid then never talk to eachother ever
    or your not in a guild or just move guilds monthly.

Because idk about you, but most people build bonds with people they speak to for YEARS

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    I'm sorry, but if you think a memorial in Stormwind is the same thing as a memorial at an actual gravesite, you have some pretty serious issues. You may want to talk to a psychiatrist, or stop playing WoW. The line between video game and real life have obviously been blurred to the extent of delusion.

And yeah, I'm an asshole. I don't think I ever tried to hide that anywhere. Very astute of you, Cpt. Obvious.
    Except there is a difference between having a memorial for varian wryn, and someone who actually died that you played with.

15+ Year Old Account
    You sit down and have deep conversations to resolve your issues with the opposite faction to earn honor points? I must try this unprecedented form of PvP.
    That is nothing close to what I've said. Now you are making entire conversations up. Killing fictional things is not an indicator of a psychopath. Saying you do it because you can't in real life is. I do it because it is part of the game. And again just because PvP is part of the game doesn't mean you can be a jerk and grief other players.

Behaving like an asshole... doesn't make someone a psychopath. But you think I'm behaving like an asshole because you're applying the laws and social norms of the REAL WORLD... to a video game. Which of the 2 of us... probably indicates a mental disorder on your end... but I'm not going to make that leap.
    You just made that leap. You've stated several times you won't do things but then do it. You stated you were done discussing but kept on at it. You stated that facts are not facts because two people on the internet can say different things etc.

Seeing that I recognize a clear cut difference between Earth and Azeroth... makes me at the very least slightly more grounded than you are at the moment.
    You have used I in place of my character several times through out the discussion. That is not demonstrating a clear cut difference. Where have I demonstrated that our game characters are real life?

Enjoy your victim complex.
    You have been playing the victim for a while. Claiming every one doesn't understand, is a white knight, isn't the final authority, that we all need reality checks.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    This was done years ago, i think in vanilla, and is still on of the most pathetic things to happen in gaming
    a girl died and her family watched as all her guildies and freidns from around the world came to the ceramony and spoke about her, then the horde came in and killed everyone because they were unarmed and ungeared as they were all wearing no weapons and nice looking gear over their usual raiding gear
    Not sure if anyone else pointed this out yet- but I'm pretty sure it was the Alliance that rolled into winterspring and broke up the funeral? Unless there was some way for Horde to get nightsaber mounts back then outside of the zulian tiger. (Correct me if I'm wrong here)

15+ Year Old Account
    Corpse camping for days is what turns PvP from normal game behavior to griefing and against the terms of service. A distinction you won't make.

Its a game save your melodrama.
    Then why do you need people to corpse camp for days because people want to remember you? If its a game just let it go that people want to do something. Instead of holding onto rage that makes you want to make their game play miserable for days. It is just a game remember?
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

She was dead, she did not have a choice of "not leaving her home"
    I was beeing Sarcastic there.

Normal social behavior has to be redefined when we are talking about a fantasy world that rewards players for killing the opposing faction. You call that being an asshole... I call that playing the game.
    "Killing People ingame" might be PVP in most cases, but;

Delibaratly ruining the time of others is not "Playing the Game", its Griefing. And if you deliberatly go and ruin the memorial of others, who might actually made friends over a long distance in this game, you are an Asshole. Not much left of "Just playing the game".

Same as ganking lowbies. Thats also a dick move, you are also NOT rewarded anything killing lowbies in leveling zones, you do it just to ruin the fun of others.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thing is in alot of the guidls i have been in over the years people become long distance friends, meet up at blizzcon, or just random guild wide trips, tell stories, talk about things, but man you must just be in a guild that raid then never talk to eachother ever
    or your not in a guild or just move guilds monthly.

Because idk about you, but most people build bonds with people they speak to for YEARS

- - - Updated - - -

Except there is a difference between having a memorial for varian wryn, and someone who actually died that you played with.
    So they'll spend money to go to some stupid video game convention but won't spend money to attend the funeral of somebody they form some deep bond with? Or won't bother to send surviving family members flowers?

Those are some pretty skewed priorities if you ask me.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post
    I was beeing Sarcastic there.

"Killing People ingame" might be PVP in most cases, but;

Delibaratly ruining the time of others is not "Playing the Game", its Griefing. And if you deliberatly go and ruin the memorial of others, who might actually made friends over a long distance in this game, you are an Asshole. Not much left of "Just playing the game".

Same as ganking lowbies. Thats also a dick move, you are also NOT rewarded anything killing lowbies in leveling zones, you do it just to ruin the fun of others.
    For the love of God get off your god damn high horse. If you guys are going to sit there and tell me you've never laughed at a video of somebody raging because they got killed or ganked or whatever because of some stupid video game, you're just a goddamn liar!

15+ Year Old Account
    So they'll spend money to go to some stupid video game convention but won't spend money to attend the funeral of somebody they form some deep bond with? Or won't bother to send surviving family members flowers? Those are some pretty skewed priorities if you ask me.
    Who says they all go to blizzcon? You have never heard of teleconferencing? Streaming? Do you watch sports on TV? Why not go in person? There are plenty of reasons and now you are just reaching.

For the love of God get off your god damn high horse. If you guys are going to sit there and tell me you've never laughed at a video of somebody raging because they got killed or ganked or whatever and some stupid video game, you're just a goddamn liar!

I am getting a pretty big kick out of you raging right now. But I thought you were done and bored with this?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Why would you expect an attack targetted at you in SW?
    That's the whole premise behind the attack is because its not to be expected. Do you think that the Starks expected to get killed at the Red Wedding they were invited to? Hell no. That's what its all about is attacking your enemy when they least expect it.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Now that is out of the way. People have received disciplinary action from blizzard for griefing. If you honestly believe that no one has then you are a bigger fool then your words alone make out.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...vP-or-Griefing
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ed-as-griefing

Do I need to provide you with more? Because it pretty clearly shows that just because something is a game and PvP is allowed that people can still grief and break the rules. Motivation for why they are doing it is the key factor and often hard for Blizzard to prove. In a case like this it would be griefing against the rules because the OP has stated numerous times they want to do it just to fuck up the memorial rather then for PvP. That is griefing that Blizzard doesn't tolerate.
    I'm not trying to disrupt their memorial service. I highly doubt any of them will even flag themselves anyway. What I plan on doing is raiding SW and showing dominance of the Horde inside their capital city and setting up camp where their faction leader has a memorial spot and hunkering down for the night.

Actually I've made quite a few friends during my time in WoW and have met most of them IRL. Some of them don't play WoW anymore and the ones that do no longer play on my server and/or are opposing faction now. I did actually have a friend that died of an OD a couple years ago and flew out to his funeral. That was the first time I actually saw him in person too but we had talked about meeting up some time many times before that & he even brought up moving out here to Cali a couple times to get away from his ex-gf and find better work. These people having the memorial have never met this guy EVER. That's the difference.

I'm sorry, but if you think a memorial in Stormwind is the same thing as a memorial at an actual gravesite, you have some pretty serious issues. You may want to talk to a psychiatrist, or stop playing WoW. The line between video game and real life have obviously been blurred to the extent of delusion. I know it's for an actual dead person, but they're having a memorial IN THE GAME. So guess what homie, I'm gonna game. If that makes me an asshole, sweet.
    Never said a memorial ingame is the exact same as a memorial ingame.

I said: Its weird to think its OK to be a dick to people you dont actually face, while you think its not OK to be a dick to people you face.

What would make me different to a random guy you meet on the street?
    Am I less of a Person because you dont actually see me?

Its the same for people ingame. Why is their grief for a person they lost in their Guild any less valid than the grief of a person you see on the street, you dont know the relationships people have in other guilds. Just because you dont have people you would call friends in your Guild, doesnt mean others dont have either.

Its more realistic to gather people from all over the country in a Virtual place than in a actual real place. The "Place" they choose for the Memorial shouldn´t make their cause any less.

You probably wouldn't talk this much shit in real life, either. So we're even. GG
    I dont have to, because in real life people dont go around boasting how awesome they are because they are dicks.

For the love of God get off your god damn high horse. If you guys are going to sit there and tell me you've never laughed at a video of somebody raging because they got killed or ganked or whatever because of some stupid video game, you're just a goddamn liar!
    Actually, no, I dont find videos of people raging funny. And there is no high horse, if you feel that way. I´m sorry. I just stated my Opinion on Griefing/PVP, Sorry that I see "People" in the people who are Online.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    I'm not trying to disrupt their memorial service. I highly doubt any of them will even flag themselves anyway. What I plan on doing is raiding SW and showing dominance of the Horde inside their capital city and setting up camp where their faction leader has a memorial spot and hunkering down for the night.
    Your first post sounded otherwise. If you dont intend to/promote to screwing with their event there is not much morally wrong.
    As many said:
    Deliberatly screwing with people, especially on a sensitive topic, is shitty. Just PvPing is not.

While if you say: "Hunkering down for the night" you should check the PVP guidelines someone posted here, I´m not versed in those. But there could be some rules if you actually disrupt the function of the city for a prolonged time. (As I said, dunno about it. but there could)
    Last edited by LanToaster; 2017-09-15 at 11:08 PM.

I've never done that. It isn't funny to me. Different strokes for different folks. Subjectivity and all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili View Post
    Murder can be justified and to a certain extent I believe genocide can be justified aswell.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    But only because they are holding a memorial service for a dead person. That is the difference between raiding and griefing. You are only picking that date and time because of the memorial service. You started this thread with the question of asking if raiding their memorial service was a morally acceptable thing to do. Don't play stupid now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LanToaster View Post

Actually, no, I dont find videos of people raging funny. And there is no high horse, if you feel that way. I´m sorry. I just stated my Opinion on Griefing/PVP, Sorry that I see "People" in the people who are Online.
    I do believe I already addressed what you are if you tried to speak to the contrary.
    Last edited by A dot Ham; 2017-09-15 at 11:18 PM.

I heard something similar happened...

Oh wait. It already happened. Stop trying to bring up the former shitstorms.

And no, if it's a PvP server - their fault for not transferring to RP.
    Last edited by VyersReaver; 2017-09-15 at 11:33 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Not sure if anyone else pointed this out yet- but I'm pretty sure it was the Alliance that rolled into winterspring and broke up the funeral? Unless there was some way for Horde to get nightsaber mounts back then outside of the zulian tiger. (Correct me if I'm wrong here)
    Yes i got it backwards, does not change much

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    THEY ARE HOLDING IT IN SW. From the OP - "They stated the date & time in their post along with where in SW they will meet up and end up inside of SW."

Read the fucking thread, people. You act all tough and you're just a bunch of wimps who grief people who would put you in the hospital if you did this shit in real life.
    Which means that the horde raid can't do anything to them.

- - - Updated - - -

Was the girls favorite place in game
    I guess they should have brought back up to handle any intruders in that case.