Thread: Thrall Theory

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    That's totally why he was surprised and afraid when mannaroth showed up, and that everything he said to thrall was him being controlled by mannaroth. That's why he apologized when jaina helps thrall purge him.
    He forced or talked his men into drink after he already knew it was demonic there is literally 0 justification.

- - - Updated - - -

That's totally why he was surprised and afraid when mannaroth showed up, and that everything he said to thrall was him being controlled by mannaroth. That's why he apologized when jaina helps thrall purge him.
    He forced or talked his men into drink after he already knew it was demonic there is literally 0 justification.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    I don't remember grom fighting quillboar centaurs furbogs and the like.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't remember grom fighting quillboar centaurs furbogs and the like.
    I don't recall Thrall starting those fights.

Garrosh started his fights, just like his asshole dad.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    would've rather seen him die than varian. i will give blizzard credit they did an ok job with varians character development. would've been neat to see him stick around awhile longer. thrall on the other hand, i havent cared for him since wc3

What quest in cata show him to be a bad guy though? He calls sly a bitch and she is he punches a dragon and he yells a lot but I can't say any quest in cata really paint him in a bad light. And no I don't buy that he killed him to keep the Druids around, in mop he pretty much has no magic users other then dark shamans I don't think he would give a crap about Druids and he was even willing to try and coexist with the night elfs before the twilight hammer screwed there deal up and bane went nuts on him.
    All the quests showed that he didn't care about lives only power, like when Saurfang and you have to clean up his mess in Northrend or when he gets you shot down in twilight highlands cause he thinks attacking the Alliance is a good idea. He always overestimates his own power which is why he challenges Thrall and easily gets stopped by Thrall when the scourge invade.

He needed druids and the support of the people at the time, as soon as he thought he had enough power he tossed everything he didn't need away.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I don't recall Thrall starting those fights.

Garrosh started his fights, just like his asshole dad.
    To be fair the night elves started ashenvale
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Thrall should had died at the start of Legion when Metzen left blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Thrall should had died at the start of Legion when Metzen left blizzard.
    Instead we had vol'jin die, dealing a glancing blow for light emotional damage for all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Voicing thrall can mean many things. HOTS and HS come to mind first.

OT: Thrall trying to make return as "true" orcish warchief would be incredibly anti-climatic.
    Hearthstone and HotS don't really need as much attention in voice acting as WoW would considering HS pretty much already has anything Thrall will ever say except maybe the new DK which was pretty much 10 lines or less that are now done. HotS doesn't really get new lines to my knowledge unless they add one of those VO for like the announcer or a new one you can get in a chest.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    All the quests showed that he didn't care about lives only power, like when Saurfang and you have to clean up his mess in Northrend or when he gets you shot down in twilight highlands cause he thinks attacking the Alliance is a good idea. He always overestimates his own power which is why he challenges Thrall and easily gets stopped by Thrall when the scourge invade.

He needed druids and the support of the people at the time, as soon as he thought he had enough power he tossed everything he didn't need away.
    we beat thrall before the scourge showed up.

and ya he was a hot head that doesn't make evil like he was in mop.

Metzen retired to spend more time with his family, but he said he will still voice thrall because it makes him happy.
    It also takes very little time and can be done in his pajamas.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Thrall should've never left his position as Warchief.
    One of the biggest misses of Cataclysm was the direction they went with Thrall. His whinny poor me what have I done questline being the white spec on the top of the pile of shit that it is.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Instead we had vol'jin die, dealing a glancing blow for light emotional damage for all of us.
    a glancing blow might be a little much i rolled a 20 and blocked it comply.

Pretty sure lorewise Thrall was holding back cause he isn't a dick like Garrosh.

"The two orcs fought for some time until it seemed Garrosh had gained the upper hand. He began to taunt Thrall, but the battle was interrupted by a Herald of the Lich King threatening Orgrimmar with destruction. Hearing this, Thrall used [Chain Lightning] on Garrosh and both left the ring, with Thrall telling the younger Hellscream that they would settle their dispute later."

and ya he was a hot head that doesn't make evil like he was in mop.
    The point is he has always been willing to sacrifice people. If he can't threaten people into submission he gets them on his side any other way he can, even if it means pretending he has any honor. As soon as he got the blackrock on his side he started being more of a dick to the trolls and tauren cause he felt he had enough power to do so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by syorxx View Post
    Even after having huge roles in past expansions, I'm kinda dissapointed in Thrall's character development through out Legion. Therefore, I kept wondering whats gonna happen to Green Jesus. 2 Things, A: mental issues regarding Garrosh & B: not wielding Doomhammer.

My theory is he's picking up Gorehowl. Like the "Lords of War Part Three – Durotan" showcases why Durotan wears his pets fur, Thrall can pick up that sweet axe as "... constant reminder" of his Garrosh-history-mistakes.... maybe even jam in that Shaman-Orderhall-Doomstone for... epic reasons.

Cheers
    It's a cool idea, but I seriously doubt it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Pretty sure lorewise Thrall was holding back cause he isn't a dick like Garrosh.

"The two orcs fought for some time until it seemed Garrosh had gained the upper hand. He began to taunt Thrall, but the battle was interrupted by a Herald of the Lich King threatening Orgrimmar with destruction. Hearing this, Thrall used [Chain Lightning] on Garrosh and both left the ring, with Thrall telling the younger Hellscream that they would settle their dispute later."

The point is he has always been willing to sacrifice people. If he can't threaten people into submission he gets them on his side any other way he can, even if it means pretending he has any honor. As soon as he got the blackrock on his side he started being more of a dick to the trolls and tauren cause he felt he had enough power to do so.
    so thrall got beat up and used a distraction to throw a lighting bolt, i wouldn't call that winning.

garrosh was willing to parly with the night elfs until there lumber deal fell though you can say what you will but garrosh didn't really have a single bad showing in cata he was a hot head and a hard ass but he at no point was a bad guy until they made him do a 180 in mop.