Page 50 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I laughed. I also loved his Jew skits. I found it HILARIOUS.

Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    It was in the heat of battle, an emotional state. Aye, it's stupid but not nearly as stupid as those weaklings offended by it.
    "The heat of battle" Actual fucking LOL.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, banning or prohibiting ways of expression is for the ignorant, the fearful and the stupid. If someone wants to say nigger, it's their problem, not ours, regardless of our skin colour.
    I in no way mean that we should ban or prohibit the word, it should be up to the persons to stop using it. That goes for both black and white people. When PewDiePie said it, he wants to cause an uproar. He wanted to make someone upset. It wasn't meant to be racist, it's like calling someone a bitch or an asshole. But the media and those with thin skin did get upset thinking it was racist, or they wanted to make it about racism.

Just stop. Stop being offended for things that are clearly taken out of context. Stop making everything a race issue. And stop using the word nigger, or any racist word. And like hatred towards the Irish, it'll just fade away. And the black people need to also step up their game to change public perception, just like the Irish did.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    It was in the heat of battle, an emotional state. Aye, it's stupid but not nearly as stupid as those weaklings offended by it.
    I have to agree with you, saying the word nigger doesn't classify you as a racist, in fact, the word is actually in such common use these days that its meaning is contextually completely different than it was when it was originally used a racial slur. All this shows is how the media has a huge boner to virtue signal their desire to be so hip and accepting, when it makes them look like fucking idiots. Its a word, who fucking cares, he didn't "direct it black people", he said it in the heat of the moment. Does it mean i agree with his use of the word? not at all, i think its distasteful, but not worthy of this fucking emotional breakdown by the gaming industry.

Also, im pretty excited to see this shitty indie gaming company go bankrupt from the case against their illegal DCMA take down of his videos, i hope hes fucking massacres them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dukenukemx View Post
    I in no way mean that we should ban or prohibit the word, it should be up to the persons to stop using it. That goes for both black and white people. When PewDiePie said it, he wants to cause an uproar. He wanted to make someone upset. It wasn't meant to be racist, it's like calling someone a bitch or an asshole. But the media and those with thin skin did get upset thinking it was racist, or they wanted to make it about racism.

Just stop. Stop being offended for things that are clearly taken out of context. Stop making everything a race issue. And stop using the word nigger, or any racist word. And like hatred towards the Irish, it'll just fade away. And the black people need to also step up their game to change public perception, just like the Irish did.
    It is getting absolutely ridiculous, but thats SJWs for you, they just look for something to virtue signal about. I think PDP knew exactly what he was doing, and now he can sue the fucking hell out of Firewatches devs for false DCMA, which is a SERIOUS court case.

Quote Originally Posted by hellhamster View Post
    In the meantime, black people don't care. Only extremely hypersensitive unemployed white people with a tunnel vision view of the world seem to care.
    [citation needed]

- - - Updated - - -

So, what is this "huge" problem and how do you think you can fix it?
    Bigotry in gaming. And the solution is aggressive moderation.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

And the black people need to also step up their game to change public perception, just like the Irish did.
    What do you want black people to do, specifically? Are you talking about how they play video games or something?

I know its off-topic but I'm curious.

As long as black people keep using the word, you can't expect white people not to use it, for that would be racism. People should be allowed to talk however they want to talk. People who take offence easily are the ones that should want to change, for their own sake. Can you imagine being so weak that a single word, uttered by a meaningless person you don't even know on a personal level, hurts you? I honestly can not, it's just pitiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    I have to agree with you, saying the word nigger doesn't classify you as a racist, in fact, the word is actually in such common use these days that its meaning is contextually completely different than it was when it was originally used a racial slur. All this shows is how the media has a huge boner to virtue signal their desire to be so hip and accepting, when it makes them look like fucking idiots. Its a word, who fucking cares, he didn't "direct it black people", he said it in the heat of the moment. Does it mean i agree with his use of the word? not at all, i think its distasteful, but not worthy of this fucking emotional breakdown by the gaming industry.

Also, im pretty excited to see this shitty indie gaming company go bankrupt from the case against their illegal DCMA take down of his videos, i hope hes fucking massacres them.

- - - Updated - - -

It is getting absolutely ridiculous, but thats SJWs for you, they just look for something to virtue signal about. I think PDP knew exactly what he was doing, and now he can sue the fucking hell out of Firewatches devs for false DCMA, which is a SERIOUS court case.
    Exactly. I too hope Firewatch's devs get sued into oblivion; those tweets were beyond pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    [citation needed]

- - - Updated - - -

There was no bigotry and "aggressive moderation" is just another way of saying censorship, no intelligent person would ever plead for that.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-15 at 08:06 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    [citation needed]

- - - Updated - - -

"I hate the police state" - Typical SJW stance

"Police the shit out of games forums to control thought" - Typical SJW stance

Lmfao SJWs kill me man

As long as black people keep using the word, you can't expect white people not to use it, for that would be racism. People should be allowed to talk however they want to talk. People who take offence easily are the ones that should want to change, for their own sake. Can you imagine being so weak that a single word, uttered by a meaningless person you don't even know on a personal level, hurts you? I honestly can not, it's just pitiful.
    Having the opinion, that white people shouldn't use the word is not racist. Why would you even want to use it? No matter how you try to twist it, a black person saying nigga is more acceptable than a white person saying nigger. And honestly it shouldn't be and noone including black people, should be using any form of the word. But that's not how things are.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Having the opinion, that white people shouldn't use the word is not racist. Why would you even want to use it? No matter how you try to twist it, a black person saying nigga is more acceptable than a white person saying nigger. And honestly it shouldn't be and noone including black people, should be using any form of the word. But that's not how things are.
    Thank you. I agree.

Got a lot people on here telling others what and when they should be offended by a word. Calling people names, weaklings, etc.

If a person is offended, let them be. Stop worrying about them.

If you you like the word so much and use the argument, "well, black people say it" or "it lost all meaning" or "its the context" or "its just a word", then use the word freely if you want. Stop making excuses on why you should be able to use the n-word. Say what you want. But don't go around calling people weak and pitiful for not agreeing with you or having a different opinion; that's a pathetic defense. Just call them the n-word and explain you can say what you want; and move on.

"I hate the police state" - Typical SJW stance

"Police the shit out of games forums to control thought" - Typical SJW stance

Lmfao SJWs kill me man
    Yeah, there's KIND of a big difference between being banned from a game and...state-sanctioned extrajudicial murder.

- - - Updated - - -

There was no bigotry and "aggressive moderation" is just another way of saying censorship, no intelligent person would ever plead for that.
    This entire thread is full of people defending the use of a racial slur. And there's a reason the only people that go to places like 4chan or MMO-Champion are either people so vile that no one wants to be around them IRL, or masochists.

And...well...you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    It is and it isn't, context is everything.
    Pretty much if you're white you can't say it because there were white people who used to be very white, and black people who were victims of said white peoples' racism. If you're black you can use whatever words you want because at some point you might have had ancestors who were victims of racism.

Double standards, double standards eveywhere!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birujinia View Post
    What do you want black people to do, specifically? Are you talking about how they play video games or something?

I know its off-topic but I'm curious.
    Irish people had the reputation for being a violet and sinful people, which they had to work to change that perception. The Irish voted for Irish politicians and then hired Irish people as cops. So the stereotype of being a drunk changed to that of a cop. Thus the Irish are now a respected people. The black people should try to do something similar, like collectively change the stereo types used against them by maybe also becoming cops. Actually that would fix two problems, which is cops that fire at black people.

Irish people had the reputation for being a violet and sinful people, which they had to work to change that perception. The Irish voted for Irish politicians and then hired Irish people as cops. So the stereotype of being a drunk changed to that of a cop. Thus the Irish are now a respected people. The black people should try to do something similar, like collectively change the stereo types used against them by maybe also becoming cops. Actually that would fix two problems, which is cops that fire at black people.
    Are you from the U.S? There are black cops and black politicians. And I agree about the stereotypes, but movies and TV portray them more; with people who don't even know a black person (or African-American) believing the stereotypes.
    Last edited by Birujinia; 2017-09-16 at 02:02 AM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, there's KIND of a big difference between being banned from a game and...state-sanctioned extrajudicial murder.

- - - Updated - - -

This entire thread is full of people defending the use of a racial slur. And there's a reason the only people that go to places like 4chan or MMO-Champion are either people so vile that no one wants to be around them IRL, or masochists.

And...well...you can't argue with results.
    Defending being a racist would be stupid, he said a nasty word, but that's it, its a word, we should get so but hurt over a word.... I don't know what people want as the end game of this? You cant file illegal DCMA take downs because hes not violating any copy right laws. Also, I think the nastiest people i run into on a daily basis are SJWs, they are without a doubt the most vile people I've ever dealt with in the US.

Also, i fail to see how mass censorship is any different than local police? The medium is different, but the end game is the exact same.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, saying "its just getting banned from a video game" is being woefully ignorant, these people are pushing for censorship on ALL digital medium, of anything thats a dissenting idea or the "wrong" ideas, which at this point is anything right of Stalinism.

Defending being a racist would be stupid, he said a nasty word, but that's it, its a word, we should get so but hurt over a word....
    Then why are you butthurt about someone being called a racist? It's just a word.

I don't know what people want as the end game of this?
    I don't get what about "people not being fucking pricks to other people" is THAT complicated.

[quote]You cant file illegal DCMA take downs because hes not violating any copy right laws.[/qutoe]

We'll let the courts decide that one.

Also, I think the nastiest people i run into on a daily basis are SJWs, they are without a doubt the most vile people I've ever dealt with in the US.
    Sounds like you need to grow a thicker skin.

Also, i fail to see how mass censorship is any different than local police? The medium is different, but the end game is the exact same.
    If you can't call someone a "n*****" without getting infracted, you will literally die?

Also, saying "its just getting banned from a video game" is being woefully ignorant, these people are pushing for censorship on ALL digital medium, of anything thats a dissenting idea or the "wrong" ideas, which at this point is anything right of Stalinism.
    Yup. Because as we all know, the Stalinist gulags happened because people said calling Jews "kikes" was bad. That makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Defending being a racist would be stupid, he said a nasty word, but that's it, its a word, we should get so but hurt over a word....
    Then why are you butthurt about someone being called a racist? It's just a word.

I don't know what people want as the end game of this?
    I don't get what about "people not being fucking pricks to other people" is THAT complicated.

[quote]You cant file illegal DCMA take downs because hes not violating any copy right laws.[/qutoe]

We'll let the courts decide that one.

Also, I think the nastiest people i run into on a daily basis are SJWs, they are without a doubt the most vile people I've ever dealt with in the US.
    Sounds like you need to grow a thicker skin.

If you can't call someone a "n*****" without getting infracted, you will literally die?

Yup. Because as we all know, the Stalinist gulags happened because people said calling Jews "kikes" was bad. That makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    The fact you think context fucking matter makes you ignorant, it doesn't.
    If context does not matter, then why isn't everyone constantly up in arms, over the over use of it in certain types of music? If any use of the word is purely racist no matter the context, it should be considered racist terminology in any use then.

Cultural use is now out the window if context does not matter, if context doesnt matter, when a black person calls another black person a 'nigger' even meant out of solidarity of trying to empower the word for themselves, fuck context its now racist.

Also, everyone that has said it(including myself) is now a racist, because fuck context.

Finally, I will never use the term "N Word", I am a strong believer in the bit Louis C.K. has about it, that you are trying to cop out of saying it yourself. You are instead making the person say it in their head, if you are using it for an example, just say the fucking word and be done or dont say anything at all.
    Last edited by Findlyn; 2017-09-16 at 05:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Birujinia View Post
    Are you from the U.S? There are black cops and black politicians. And I agree about the stereotypes, but movies and TV portray them more; with people who don't even know a black person (or African-American) believing the stereotypes.
    Yes I am, but my point is that at one point the Irish cops became a common thing. Nowadays not really, but today we have a holiday where we get drunk and pretend we're Irish. Literally embracing the very stereotype about the Irish that we hated.

It's better to prove everyone wrong than to go around and tell white people they should feel bad of what happened to their maybe ancestors. Cause not all black Americans are descendants of slaves, and not all white people are descendants of slave owners. It doesn't work, everyone is going to hate you now if they didn't before, and you're just reinforcing any stereotype people had about black people.

Also remember is that all it takes is a few bad apples to spoil the bunch, so the black community needs to stop those bad apples like what the Irish did.

Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    I think it was Bill Maher(sp? dude on HBO) had a blacks rights activist on, dude was old school like during Martin Luther King Jr/Malcom X era. I love his take the best way to get rid of it. He used the old slang/racial slur for jewish people "kike" used to be used all the time. You know what happened? Jewish community's stopped using it and not acknowledging it when it was used. This was around the same time era as the civil rights movement. Notice one word is used heavily today, the other you almost never even hear of anymore even though it was used just as much by many.

As someone posted before, it will always be used in a negative way, as long as it is empowered and used/acknowledged by those it is used to oppress.

Deleted
    As an non-American asian, I blame black people for the popularity of the n-word. Many of us grew up with the word used in music and other media. For many of us it could have any of these meanings: bro, cool/funny/annoying (black) male. Note that being black is optional to be qualified as a nigga. When Pewdiepie says: "What a fucking nigga", I don't automatically translated it to "What a fucking slave", but more like "What an annoying player". For me, "annoying player" is even more offensive than "nigga".

If black people weren't using it extensively, we probably won't even know the word on this side of the world. Famous black entertainers basically taught us to use that word to be "cool", much like the words "fuck", "bitch(es)", "faggot", "bastard" etc. being popularized by american white people.

If people really find it offensive, we have a simple solution: black people should just stop using the word. I don't think any other community has the ability to promote the word, at least not no where near as effective as it has been.