We will definitively NOT lose our Weapons in 7.3 or 7.3.5, especially since 7.3.5 probably goes on with the next raid and why should they add the netherlight crucible if they remove the weapons a few weeks after unlocking it. Won't make a lot of sense. 8.0 is another thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    "Sweet, this murloc was holding a sword twice as powerful as the Ashbringer!"
    More like "Oh look, this ancient highborne relic lost to the ages was blessed by elune herself and empowered by Azshara before being lost at the abyssal depths, only a powerful shaman such as you could honor it by wielding it"

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    More like "Oh look, this ancient highborne relic lost to the ages was blessed by elune herself and empowered by Azshara before being lost at the abyssal depths, only a powerful shaman such as you could honor it by wielding it"
    That doesn't sound like a regular weapon drop to me.

If they are gonna ditch artifacts, they need a justification why we would ditch these Legendary weapons NPCs have wielded for multiple expansions before us. Especially now that the weapons are supposedly more powerful than they have ever been.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    It's not like we'll ever lose the actual items. They'll just either pass on or become defunct from a lore standpoint.

- - - Updated - - -

Ancient Highborne Backscratcher of the Monkey definitely tops Ashbringer.
    Nah, name will be something like "Lill'yum, empowered blade of the highborne"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    That doesn't sound like a regular weapon drop to me.

If they are gonna ditch artifacts, they need a justification why we would ditch these Legendary weapons NPCs have wielded for multiple expansions before us. Especially now that the weapons are supposedly more powerful than they have ever been.
    My point was sort of that I don't see us getting just regular weapons again even if they discontinue the artifact system as we know it today

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    No but the result/end after the Antorus raid cinematic has been datamined or was rather.
    right cause you can datamine what is not even on ptr yet......

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    It was already datamined.

Illidan becomes Sargeras' jailer and ditches the rest of us to become Lich King 2 Electric Boogaloo.

Spoiler Warning

Here's a link to the full post. Scroll down to the end of the dialogue if you want to get the dialogue from the ending:
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/...-Frozen-Throne
    Last edited by Jokubas; 2017-09-16 at 12:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    I don't see why they would stop having greens drop just because there's lore reasons to not replace an artifact with a green. They said off the bat that artifacts were a system exclusive to Legion; they aren't going to let lore implications of them impede gameplay of the next expansion.

Sure, an epic from a raid might have a cool name/design... But generic green drops will be better than our artifacts as well.
    I don't disagree, but in the same way as it doesn't seem they are intent on us not going back to being just adventurers, I don't see it fully ditching the empowered weapon idea. That is not to say they will continue anynthing in any way similar to the artifact system that we know. There is a reason their answers were rather inconclusive about where weapons are headed next.

I would like to remind everyone that they repeatedly said Garrisons were not going to be in Legion and we got Garrisons 2.0 which is literally baked into the same interface as the Garrison and uses the EXACT same sounds and systems.

You are getting Artifacts again, it may not be the exact same artifacts, but the system isn't leaving.

Out of all the things that might leave and not come back I think its going to be Legendaries and PvP Talents. Both systems have done either little to boost the game or been outright disasters.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP talents are really just abilities that used to be baked into the classes but got removed in the squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    PvP talents are really just abilities that used to be baked into the classes but got removed in the squish.
    A lot of them are new actually not just old spells that were removed.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    A lot of them are new actually not just old spells that were removed.
    They must have missed that memo for Rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    They must have missed that memo for Rogue.
    And Shamans

Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    I would like to remind everyone that they repeatedly said Garrisons were not going to be in Legion and we got Garrisons 2.0 which is literally baked into the same interface as the Garrison and uses the EXACT same sounds and systems.

You are getting Artifacts again, it may not be the exact same artifacts, but the system isn't leaving.

Out of all the things that might leave and not come back I think its going to be Legendaries and PvP Talents. Both systems have done either little to boost the game or been outright disasters.
    Artifact system isn't leaving? Awesome, I rather enjoy it.

Field Marshal
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Artifact system isn't leaving? Awesome, I rather enjoy it.
    Yeah, I know some people don't enjoy the AP grind, but I like a form of progression once you hit max level. It helps keep you motivated and doing content.

Quote Originally Posted by Centerblock View Post
    Yeah, I know some people don't enjoy the AP grind, but I like a form of progression once you hit max level. It helps keep you motivated and doing content.
    Same, makes me play the game much more than I used to.

For example MoP was an amazing expansion but since 5.2 I spent most of the time afking, a bit of raiding and mostly doing nothing...
    If it has something like artifact system and WQ instead of dailies, I'd play it much more.
    It's fun to have this sort of progression path again, and when you get the time to level alts, it feels fresh and very unique and interesting to do the same for them too.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Paula Deen View Post
    And Shamans
    We got the lasso
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    it doesnt have to be live on the ptr to be in the game files....

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamon View Post
    I'll say that in 8.0. we'll lose artifact traits and artifact abilities, but retain relic Ilvl, making it just a glorified stat stick. Most of the traits will be baseline next expansion, anyway.

I think that in this expansion some of the faction leader (Jaina and Sylvanas) will do something nasty and despicable and the factions of Azeroth will become wary with the others because of N'zoth influence. The PC will become a traitor of its faction and be forced to be an outlaw, until the rest of Azeroth comes to its senses and focus on the real threat of the god of the deep.
    I think that in the next expansion we will affected by N'zoth influence as well... I dont know if in a scenario where our leaders will betray us, but I will not surprised if the next expansion will be more about races, considering how good works the "class history progress" in Legion, this may be applicable to races.

This dont means we became "leader" of our race, but the story, in the same way how in Legion is about our class, could move to races and on our leaders affected by N'zoth whispers that spread suspicius among each others.

Also, many thinks that is a cicle about expansions that was ended with Pandaria and now we are starting again: WoD was TBC, Legion is in some way WotLk and the next one will be a sort of Cataclsym, is the reason why, in many leaks, we can find hints about disjoint zones (thanks to Kul tiras hidden files) with a sort of Azeroth revamp.

So, if in the next expansion the story will be more focused on races story and the theme will be VOID, we will see more void/shadow influence on Azeroth just like in McAree, and we probably will spent more time on some old Azeroth zones.
    Last edited by Tartys; 2017-09-16 at 12:13 PM.
    Argus in 2018 My prediction failed in part... But I'm still a Spacegoat

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tartys View Post
    I think that in the next expansion we will affected by N'zoth influence as well... I dont know if in a scenario where our leaders will betray us, but I will not surprised if the next expansion will be more about races, considering how good works the "class history progress" in Legion, this may be applicable to races.

This dont means we became "leader" of our race, but the story, in the same way how in Legion is about our class, could move to races and on our leaders affected by N'zoth whispers that spread suspicius among each others.

Also, many thinks that is a cicle about expansions that was ended with Pandaria and now we are starting again: WoD was TBC, Legion is in some way WotLk and the next one will be a sort of Cataclsym, is the reason why, in many leaks, we can find hints about disjoint zones (thanks to Kul tiras hidden files) with a sort of Azeroth revamp.

So, if in the next expansion the story will be more focused on races story and the theme will be VOID, we will see more void/shadow influence on Azeroth just like in McAree, and we probably will spent more time on some old Azeroth zones.
    Another theory is that we're going to the other side of Azeroth, discovering a new batch of land that serves both as a revamped leveling experience and the end game content zone. Blizzard loves to marketize things like HotS 2.0. , so that would be like WoW 2.0, maybe calling it "brave new world" or something to call potential new subscribers.
    Last edited by mmoc751fbf4034; 2017-09-16 at 01:11 PM.