Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    They should be ashamed to release a game 1-2 years after it's release and it looking like a blurred out piece of shit.
    Wolfenstein 2 isn't even out yet. It comes out Oct 27th... The switch getting a port of it announced is impressive tbh. We'll see how the game turns out.

As for Doom I'm not sure what you want id to do? Make miracles happen? Doom was a game designed for PS4/XB1/Modern PCs, downgrades have to be made for it to run on the Switch. id is actually very good at what they do unlike Bethesda's unoptimized shit RPG engine. Whatever you get out of Doom will be the best they could get out of the Switch running Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    They should be ashamed to release a game 1-2 years after it's release and it looking like a blurred out piece of shit.
    What do you want them to do with a machine that is lower in specs? Just port it as is and have it run at sub 20 FPS?

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    What do you want them to do with a machine that is lower in specs? Just port it as is and have it run at sub 20 FPS?
    Hell if they ported it as is it wouldn't run at all.

Its highly likely both WSII and Doom will be 30FPS/720p (or less) and to be honest that's still impressive as hell. When I rebuy a switch this time next year those are two games I will buy for it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    appeal to popularity is a fallacy.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
    I think its good. Thats all that matters to me.

It's a pity Octopath Traveler is an exclusive (or not on the 3DS).

Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    It's a pity Octopath Traveler is an exclusive (or not on the 3DS).
    Asking that game to run on the 3DS is even more crazy then modern AAA games running on the Switch. Don't let the sprites fool you there is some advanced lighting and depth of field in that game. You could take away those effects... but then that would take away the entire point of the art style.

Anyways it's the beginning of the end for the 3DS. Atlus will probably be the last of the major Japanese companies supporting it in 2018 and it will be dead in 2019.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Asking that game to run on the 3DS is even more crazy then modern AAA games running on the Switch. Don't let the sprites fool you there is some advanced lighting and depth of field in that game. You could take away those effects... but then that would take away the entire point of the art style.

Anyways it's the beginning of the end for the 3DS. Atlus will probably be the last of the major Japanese companies supporting it in 2018 and it will be dead in 2019.
    Yeah, but as you guess I have a 3DS but not a Switch. I hope it's going to be ported eventually...

Yeah, but as you guess I have a 3DS but not a Switch. I hope it's going to be ported eventually...
    I mean, the game is probably coming out a year or more into the life of the Switch. This would be like complaining games stopped coming to the PS3 after the PS4 had been on the market for a year. 2017 holiday and early 2018 will pretty much be the last hurrah for the 3DS, anything after that will probably just be Atlus support because they love install bases or games that have been in development for awhile on the system already.

And if you mean ported to other systems outside of the Nintendo family that definitely isn't happening as Nintendo is helping with marketing and probably publishing it in the west like the Bravely series.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-16 at 05:17 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Get a Switch, cause there ain't no way that game is coming to the 3DS without taking a hit to what makes its visuals so unique.
    Tikki tikki tembo, Usagi no Yojimbo, chari bari ruchi pip peri pembo!

I meant on the PC.
    When Nintendo announces a game as an exclusive it's exclusive.

Did they stutter out "console launch window comes with a free value meal exclusive" like a MS presser?

If it's handled like the Bravely franchise that also means Nintendo is publishing it in the west, which means no chance it's ever ported to any non nintendo system.

Did they stutter out "console launch window comes with a free value meal exclusive" like a MS presser?
    Not 100% true and that was proven in the recent direct when a indie game was announced as Console Launch Exclusive for The Switch.

But you are correct in that its likely that this game will be Switch exclusive.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Not 100% true
    What wasn't 100% true about it?

Was your statement about Octopath? No, so it has nothing to do with what I said. Which means my statement remains 100% true.

Once again did they say anything of the sort in regards to Octopath... nope. Just straight up Switch exclusive and Nintendo themselves are handling the survey for the game which means they're deeply tied with the development of the game.

I know you're just trying to nit pick for the sake of it, but never once did I say Nintendo has never said that for any game ever just making fun of those tag lines being used in the industry. It was announced as an exclusive back in January with not asterisks on it whatsoever.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-16 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post

Dang, the Walmart, Best Buy, ToysRUS, and Meijer by me in Michigan are all sold out, the got a I know Walmart had a shipment last week, but when I went there yesterday they were all gone.

- - - Updated - - -
    bought one off of Nebraska Furniture mart website. 300$ for just the console. you know what every other store advertises they have but never have in stock.

Atlus is propping up the 3DS like Bamco and NIS is the Vita at this point.

God knows EOV is the only reason my 3ds aint boxed up now i've got monhun on the switch and going on ps4.

- - - Updated - - -

Atlus is propping up the 3DS like Bamco and NIS is the Vita at this point.

God knows EOV is the only reason my 3ds aint boxed up now i've got monhun on the switch and going on ps4.

What wasn't 100% true about it?

Was your statement about Octopath? No, so it has nothing to do with what I said. Which means my statement remains 100% true.

Once again did they say anything of the sort in regards to Octopath... nope. Just straight up Switch exclusive and Nintendo themselves are handling the survey for the game which means they're deeply tied with the development of the game.

I know you're just trying to nit pick for the sake of it, but never once did I say Nintendo has never said that for any game ever just making fun of those tag lines being used in the industry. It was announced as an exclusive back in January with not asterisks on it whatsoever.
    This is the part of what you said that wasn't true.

Not only did you not read my post clearly you can't read your own. Why am I not surprised tho.

No one is nip picking, when u make such a comment you are wrong. But then again I would think you would be use to being wrong by now.

But hey my fault for replying to you, should have known better by now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How much are you willing to bet it will run at 20 fps at plenty of times in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    This is the part of what you said that wasn't true.

Not only did you not read my post clearly you can't read your own. Why am I not surprised tho.

No one is nip picking, when u make such a comment you are wrong. But then again I would think you would be use to being wrong by now.

But hey my fault for replying to you, should have known better by now.
    Nintendo announced the game as exclusive.

Not exclusive with giant * at bottom of screen like you saw at the MS e3 presser.

You move the goal post just to nit pick talking about a completely different game at a completely different show case(that they where up front about from the get go, not with an * at bottom of screen which the joke was poking fun at). Good job sir, bravo you totally proved someone wrong.

Apparently the joke was lost on you. Your nit pick failed, stop looking to prove someone wrong at every corner you're usually bad at it. Stick to spamming up the thread with bad youtube videos.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-09-16 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    People complain they get ports to the Switch for games thats 1 year old? So, you rather they wont port them at all? K

Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    People complain they get ports to the Switch for games thats 1 year old? So, you rather they wont port them at all? K
    I dunno why people would complain about ports of Doom or Wolfenstein 2.

Doom is a great game that is optimized well. A portable version of it isn't the worst thing in the world even if I probably won't ever buy it.

Wolfenstein 2 isn't even out yet on PS4/XB1/PC and has a port announced already. That's a major step up for 3rd party support on the Switch and again, even if I have no interest in buying the game as I will play it on either PC or PS4 it's still a good thing for the system.

Apparently people won't be happy until every 3rd party is making exclusive AAA switch games out of the goodness of their heart /shrug