View Poll Results: Which of These Classes is the best at Soloing old content or elites ?

Voters
49. This poll is closed
  • Shaman

1 2.04%
  • Priest

1 2.04%
  • Druid

47 95.92%
    10+ Year Old Account

Odd Soloing Argument

So I know taking an argument from guild chat to the general forum is never the best idea BUT
    I would like everyone's opinion of the best of these three classes to solo with.

Deleted
    #1 blood dk
    #2 blood dk
    #3 blood dk
    the rest

from the biased poll its ofc druid....

10+ Year Old Account
    if your shaman has prydaz and those heal pants you are basically unkillable, druid is also pretty strong
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I solo with Prot Paladin and think it's pretty great.

Edit: I now see this is a poll on 3 specific classes.

10+ Year Old Account
    There are easier classes but I've had good luck soloing stuff as a Discipline Priest. The self-healing with Atonement is great and you of course have other shields and some heals. It might take longer but as long as you're relatively careful you're pretty hard to kill.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Solo what?
    Why only the 3 classes?
    What specs are you talking? Ele Shaman vs Disc Priest vs Resto Druid for example?
    If it's just class vs Rare Elites on Argus it's hands down Druid simply because of ranking survivability. If it's solo world content with buffs from Vindicaar they can all do it.
    This isn't even a fair poll.

Since what we're supposed to solo isn't very well specified, I'm going with Druids, it's one of my go-to classes for older raids that aren't completely outdated. Lots of self-heal and mobility in every spec, and you can switch between one tank and two dps specs depending on situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Why only the 3 classes?
    Take like 2 millisecond to read his post and you'll understand.
    Last edited by Thrif; 2017-09-16 at 02:42 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Smells like a "what class should I level next/play?" thread... which are not permitted here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Eapoe View Post
    Why only the 3 classes?
    It's a "help me decide which alt to play next" or "what class should I play" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    #1 blood dk
    #2 blood dk
    #3 blood dk
    the rest

from the biased poll its ofc druid....
    It's not bias if you actually bothered reading his post.

on topic: Druids generally seem invincible.

Context would be nice though, I.e old raids / current content etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    So I know taking an argument from guild chat to the general forum is never the best idea BUT
    I would like everyone's opinion of the best of these three classes to solo with.
    ignoring your biased poll... you've still not given us enough information to work with...

Chief question you have not answer is. What are you trying to solo?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Anything with a tank spec will blow most anything else out of the water. So to answer your question, to be able to solo play most of it (including Argus rares) druid is your best bet. Just aoe everything down while leveling.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockwood View Post
    Druid
    Cat dash/travel form for speed
    cat for stealth
    Has self heals (so do the others but jsut for comparison to others)
    and moonkin can just moonfire stuff to insta kill them, where the other twos dont have very many instant casts
    Also sunfire is an aoe instant cast, so...
    Also bear form is op, tanking specs are the best for soloing content, so on real hard content you can roll bear

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    ignoring your biased poll... you've still not given us enough information to work with...

Chief question you have not answer is. What are you trying to solo?
    Presume old raids, also its baised most likely because hes asking "out of these 3 classes" for example trying to find what of the three are the best, or what of the three 110's he has are the best at soloing
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

As an aside..Monk is pretty damned amazing for soloing old content thank you Ox Statue making Achivements and Spine pretty trivial

Quote Originally Posted by Thrif View Post
    Since what we're supposed to solo isn't very well specified, I'm going with Druids, it's one of my go-to classes for older raids that aren't completely outdated. Lots of self-heal and mobility in every spec, and you can switch between one tank and two dps specs depending on situation.

Take like 2 millisecond to read his post and you'll understand.
    But it's not just a millisecond, as demonstrated by his reply to what I asked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Druid
    Cat dash/travel form for speed
    cat for stealth
    Has self heals (so do the others but jsut for comparison to others)
    and moonkin can just moonfire stuff to insta kill them, where the other twos dont have very many instant casts
    Also sunfire is an aoe instant cast, so...
    Also bear form is op, tanking specs are the best for soloing content, so on real hard content you can roll bear

- - - Updated - - -

Presume old raids, also its baised most likely because hes asking "out of these 3 classes" for example trying to find what of the three are the best, or what of the three 110's he has are the best at soloing
    If it is old raids I would have to agree with your assessment.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Druid by a mile. Balance with Prydaz is very tanky and can aoe pull everything in large radius with sunfires and then let it all die in a starfall. For the Argus rares you can't facetank as balance you can go guardian and tickle it to death. Also travel form is awesome with Prydaz, you can interact with everything without having to dismount, and you can stealth if needed.

Priest is much worse but not terrible. Shadow is decent at pulling and killing a lot, but not as efficient or strong as balance. Much squishier overall. You do get Aethalyste as a bodyguard though who can tank all the rares on Argus for you if you fade on CD. Holy is also very high damage with holy nova, but also good single target.

I started with a shaman, but in order to run dungeons at the most efficiency I had to switch to druid, thank God the two are similar

7+ Year Old Account
    Anytime Druid is an option, the choice is simple: druid.