Poll: Should Blizzard keep titanforging going forward?

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just remove titanforging for trinkets at the very least.

This post is flawed, where is the simple “No, I like the system“ option?

Quote Originally Posted by Azardea View Post
    Bring back Valor Points and gear upgrades, and instead of titanforging, you have a chance of getting gear that's already upgraded without needing to spend Valor.
    That could be quite interesting. Gives you something to work on every week. Maybe the closer to the current cap you get the more expensive the upgrade would get. For example a 920 piece would get +5 for 500 points but a 840 piece would get +50.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Why are people so bad at making polls?

You don't make the thread title one question and then make the poll the exact opposite question. You also don't put one answer as "Yes." and the other as "No. (here's a reason to pick this one).".
    This. x 1000.

This poll and the results are pointless.

Keep TF gear in game , its not just useful for casuals but its useful for guilds that need to reqruit new members , right now with TF gear you can get a 930ilvl geared person and just run him a couple times in ToS for 4piece set , without this mechanism guilds would have to run their new members more times ^^, imo its a useful mechanism for everyone, should there be a cap hhmmm yeah and this comes from a casual who doesnt raid and wears a LFR tier cloak 945ilvl. :P

7+ Year Old Account
    Remove from the game asap
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Yes, warforge is enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I don't think it should go away. The only thing Titanforge 'ruins' is the lists that the BiS hungering people follow. "OMG, I have my actual BIS but it could be TF! WTF, I NEED TF!"
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Accendor View Post
    This post is flawed, where is the simple “No, I like the system“ option?
    I have no idea why the OP never bothered to add that option which tells how much the poll is biased, and why I didn't bother voting..

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You can't title a thread "should they remove the something" and then make the poll "should they keep the something?" I clicked yes before I realised you worded it backwards.

I don't like TF. You should be rewarded gear on par with the effort you put in and no more. Sure, it's cool when my relinquished gear goes up to 930, but all I did to 'earn' that piece was open a few chests while running around on Argus. There are people doing mythic raids for the same stuff. It's a little bit unfair and more than a little silly.

I hope they keep it, but I hope they cap it. Make it so that LFR gear can only TF to normal, normal to HC, hc to mythic, and it makes more sense. I don't want it removed, cause back in WotLK/Cata you would get your bis gear and then have no reason to keep running things. I rather prefer it like it is now where you will never fully have 100% of your gear as bis as it can be, but that's not the point either.

I wouldn't have upgrades with out it though, I for one like randomly getting a nice level of gear from otherwise useless garbage. Not sure why people hate having otherwise useless gear meaningful, it's a bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Devilyaki View Post
    I wouldn't have upgrades with out it though, I for one like randomly getting a nice level of gear from otherwise useless garbage. Not sure why people hate having otherwise useless gear meaningful, it's a bonus.
    If you are doing heroic and above raiding then yes. Prior to that non-raider and raiders had a consistent system that provided upgrades at a constant rate to even those on the shit end of RNG.

Personally as someone who has dealt with year after year of being on the shit end of RNG the system sucks. I have dealt with an item never dropping while relevant more than a dozen times. For me the system is more frustrating in its current design than it is rewarding.

As someone taking the game casually I liked when I could spend the time I could and still know I would progress. As of right now I could waste weeks with jack shit.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-09-16 at 09:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't have a problem with things as they are.

7+ Year Old Account
    Titanforging is fine, get rid of leggos.

Deleted
    Why bother with Mythic if you can go heroic and get better gear? It sucks out all the motivation for Mythic before even starting. While alot of people will spout the idealistic idea that "The thrill of the kill is all you need!", alot of people are motivated by rewards. It also feeds into the unhealthy practice of split-runs.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd love for more sockets / sockets baseline.
    I'd also prefer deterministic loot progression over this RNG insanity.

The original WF was ok b/c it was a minor bonus. Nowadays you only get disappointed a million times b/c stuff didnt TF.

Quote Originally Posted by nekobaka View Post
    Ive seen it largely two groups that love the system. No-lifers who call themselves casual and people so far stuck with their heads in their ass willing to suffer for the illusion that they are sticking it to the man while playing right into the devs hands.

If you are doing heroic and above raiding then yes. Prior to that non-raider and raiders had a consistent system that provided upgrades at a constant rate to even those on the shit end of RNG.

Personally as someone who has dealt with year after year of being on the shit end of RNG the system sucks. I have dealt with an item never dropping while relevant more than a dozen times. For me the system is more frustrating in its current design than it is rewarding.

As someone taking the game casually I liked when I could spend the time I could and still know I would progress. As of right now I could waste weeks with jack shit.
    But this system would there for be better for you, if everything has the option of being a upgrade rather than just a few boss drops you have more of a chance to get something you can use then not less.

Deleted
    On the one hand having old content relevant isnt necessarilly a bad thing since it gets people who join after to experience it. However anyone that has farmed Ursoc for those trinkets can tell you it's not fun having to do it over and over only to be disappointed when it doesn't drop or it just drops "normal" ilvl. Raids in my opinion should be capped at a certain amount of +ilvl above their diffuculty. For instance normal ToS gear can proc TF to HC ToS and HC ToS can proc to mythic ToS then mythic can be +15 or whatever. They should also get rid of the stuff in between. Either you won the gamble or you didnt your item can proc +15 or not at all like they had woth the WF system in MoP (but that wss +5 if i recall)

Its very disheartening getting a set token using it and having it not TF or even seeing a +5 ilvl increase makes me feel that i lost the gamble and i have to try again.

However I do like the whole m+ system and how dungeon gear stays relevant all throught as I understand a great deal of the playerbase doesnt raid plus seeing those interesting dungeon trinkets and dungeon sets still being used is great as it provides more chance for customising your gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by blackxero View Post
    Why should they remove it at first place? TF system gives an element of surprise AND pushes you to actually DO the content
    Nah, it`s exactly the opposite..I`m ` hc raider in a whopping 939....gearwise even hc is kinda pointless for me, not to mention mythic raiding, so if anything the titanforged system keeps me away from content...
    And yes, wipe it out...with the legendaries as well....