Poll: Would you like to see the option to have a werebear/cat/owl appearance?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

what if... new option for druids: werebear/cat/owl - to see the armorset

As we've seen with Legion, there are now options to choose a different appearance for our bears and cats. What if a new skin / appearance would allow druids in their animal-form to see the worn armor?

-) no hunch back please
    -) no overproportional arms like the challenge-appearance

You'd still be able to use the classic appearances as pure animal form, but some players who are tired of that could choose the new appearance.

What do you think?

Werecats would basically be Saberons (WoD race)

Last edited by Maarius; 2017-09-15 at 01:58 PM.

I would really like this. Or at least the option to change into something besides a cat or bear....

A wolf, maybe. Or a life elemental or something. Swamp Thing.

But werewolves and werebears are cool, too. but the thing is is we already have Worgen taking up that werewolf spot.

Werecat tho....

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm, their worn armor, no thanks. An armor style, yes please.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

WoD Claws of Shivralah with gear would look amazing (I think that's actually what the first screen shot is editted to be!)

It would be amazing imo, provided those who want to be normal animals still have the choice to.

I'd like that or wearing armor while in bear/cat/owl(/tree if glyphed) would also be nice.
    either or. both would be superb but unlikely to be implemented at the same time

Quote Originally Posted by meowfurion View Post
    A wolf, maybe.
    I would recommend reading the War of the Satyr if you'd like to know why there is no in-game wolf forms. Or at a minimum read up on Ralaar Fangfire.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    At least update bears to have customized armor.
    They took steps and added armor-like designs to the current druid bear forms from artifact appearances, so the next step could be actual armor on the forms outside of pre-determined bone armor.
    It would give more flavor and help differentiate bear from bear a little bit.

Allowing other animal transformations would be great, though.
    If they go the route of more class-based quests and such next xpac, I would be stoked if there are 'forms' quests that let you get new forms from which you can choose.
    They could function like the druid class hall form and glyphs, where they overwrite the base form (so if you chose Tiger as DPS, you can't be a cat because that shapeshift points to tiger instead).
    Add in custom armor to each form, and I'm sold.

I really hope that Claws of Shirvallah and the Guardian Challenge appearance are experiments in that direction.

Before Legion, I had the idea of Druids adapting the forms of animal/elemental NPCs (with a system technically adapted from Hunter Taming, esp. regarding families) but that's kinda antithetic to the Artifact appearances and the promise that we can use them after Legion. Then again, so is OP's idea.

Fingers crossed.

Quote Originally Posted by dylansp View Post
    I would recommend reading the War of the Satyr if you'd like to know why there is no in-game wolf forms. Or at a minimum read up on Ralaar Fangfire.
    It's dangerous and corrupting, but that didn't stop Warlocks and Demon Hunters Also, even the Claws of Shirvallah talent was lore-wise a dangerous enterprise, see the flavor text where Hamuul directly equates it to the Scythe of Elune and thus Pack Form.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2017-09-15 at 02:25 PM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

The endgame of the wolf form is quite litterally Worgen. You could of course, control wolf form without transforming into a worgen thanks to artifact Y

at least I doubt there will be no new bear / cat skins in the upcoming expansion, with all the ones we got now with Legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    As we've seen with Legion, there are now options to choose a different appearance for our bears and cats. What if a new skin / appearance would allow druids in their animal-form to see the worn armor?

-) no hunch back please

You'd still be able to use the classic appearances as pure animal form, but some players who are tired of that could choose the new appearance.

What do you think?

Werecats would basically be Saberons (WoD race)

I said this ages ago and I'll say this again:

I think druids should have a hunter-like ability to "tame" the form they desire. Most beasts are already sorted into tenacity (bear), cunning (owl), and ferocity (cat). All they would have to do is sort through them for things that make no sense at all.

Quote Originally Posted by zlygork View Post
    The endgame of the wolf form is quite litterally Worgen. You could of course, control wolf form without transforming into a worgen thanks to artifact Y
    Seeing as this is a Druid related thread topic I thought it was implied I meant no playable in-game druid shapeshifts specifically. Sorry for not clarifying, obviously Worgen exist, but a Druid-specific wolf shape shift is unlikely.

Pretty sure that going forward, the Guardian challenge appearance will be a base reward for new content. For guardian druids that is.

-) no hunch back please

What do you think?
    They won't do that. Making fully gearable models plus different versions for each race would be almost the same as making new races just to appease to one class.

I'm all for form customization. Like allowing you to choose (for instance) the old armored Incarnation forms, as well as werebeast forms, like the new bear challenge model or the old Claws of Shirvallah.

I always thought Worgen's cat form should be a wolf. It would fit the race very well.
    (They'd need to rename the form for worgen, of course).

Seeing as this is a Druid related thread topic I thought it was implied I meant no playable in-game druid shapeshifts specifically. Sorry for not clarifying, obviously Worgen exist, but a Druid-specific wolf shape shift is unlikely.
    I know what you meant, I was just giving you the lore reasoning "against" it

Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Pretty sure that going forward, the Guardian challenge appearance will be a base reward for new content. For guardian druids that is.
    How so? Don't you think that would invalue the skin for people who got it through the challenge.

I remember Blizzard mentioning that they will remove the skin colours of the harder to get version of the skin so that only people who succeeded in the tasks have it. I'm not sure that they'll remove the challenge for the basic skin.

I want a bearshark glyph

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    I always thought Worgen's cat form should be a wolf. It would fit the race very well.
    (They'd need to rename the form for worgen, of course).
    You might want to read up on what Worgen are. Having them transform into a druidic wolf form would be redundant at best, suicidally stupid at worst.

- - - Updated - - -

How so? Don't you think that would invalue the skin for people who got it through the challenge.

I remember Blizzard mentioning that they will remove the skin colours of the harder to get version of the skin so that only people who succeeded in the tasks have it. I'm not sure that they'll remove the challenge for the basic skin.
    AFAIR, they wanted to remove the ability to get the challenge skins at all after Legion, since leveling beyond 110 will quickly render the trials trivial.

Quote Originally Posted by protean View Post
    i said this ages ago and i'll say this again:

I think druids should have a hunter-like ability to "tame" the form they desire. Most beasts are already sorted into tenacity (bear), cunning (owl), and ferocity (cat). All they would have to do is sort through them for things that make no sense at all.
    this. So much this.