Volskaya Foundry - Control Point Map

Known Features

• Three lanes
    • Three control points at top, mid, bottom
    • One control point active at a time, functions like King-of-the-Hill control points in Overwatch. Contested points will go into Overtime and won't reach 100% until all enemies are out of the area
    • Winning team of the active control point gets a Triglav Protector, a heavy mech
    • Mech is controlled by two players: One pilot, and one gunner (think Cho'gall)
    • Damage taken while channeling to enter the mech will NOT break the channel. Only hard CC will prevent players from entering
    • Cho'gall can enter the giant mech, which will function like Cho'gall entering the Dragon Knight or Garden Terror where Gall just follows along and can still use abilities. Will need a third player in the gunner seat
    • Lost Vikings can only put one Viking into the mech. The other seat will have to be occupied by another player
    • Conveyor belts, a new battleground feature. These push players in a set direction, and a few even send players in circles!
    • Skills and abilities which place objects on the ground can put these objects on the conveyor belts to have them move around. This includes Gazlowe turrets and even Medivh portals!

Screenshots

Blizzard will be streaming a pro exhibition game on Volskaya Foundry on Thursday September 21st! This event will take place at 10am Pacific/1pm Eastern/1900 CEST.
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2017-09-15 at 09:06 PM.

Personally, I think the map looks extremely enjoyable. At a competitive level I have no idea, looks far to chaotic from first glance, but sure looks like it has potential to be fun to play.

- - - Updated - - -

Taken from: https://www.invenglobal.com/articles...w-battleground

Triglav Protector Abilities

Pilot abilities:
    • A charge ability where players must target enemy hero or structure. The mech will charge to that location doing damage to all in his path. Developers said the reason you must target an enemy hero or structure is to encourage offensive play with the mech.
    • A Rocket Fist that shoots at enemy heroes. This first roots an enemy hero or disables a structure.
    • A Shield emitter that gives the mech 25 armor. This also gives an AoE shield to all allies hero and, according to developers, makes the mech a fantastic team fighter.

Gunner abilities:
    • A particle cannon that, after channeling with a range that constantly grows (think Gazlowe laser), it eventually fires a ball of energy at the location, doing AoE damage. This allows the mech to target fleeing heroes with ease.
    • A Gattling cannon that, when activated, fire projectiles at the cursor location. Like Gall's Shadow Bolt Volley, players can drag your cursor to whatever they want to shoot. The shots do double damage to enemy heroes and normal damage to enemy structures
    • The last ability fires a giant laser down a line, doing little damage. However, a second later, it does a devastating amount of explosion on an identical path. This shot gives players time to avoid, but if they don't, it does tons of damage.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

15+ Year Old Account
    This map looks FUCKIN COOL OMG
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

As I don't do any competitive play I look forward to this map as I really like gimicky maps.

Quote Originally Posted by Etselion View Post
    Too gimmicky.
    No such thing
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

If Cho'Gall gets into the mech, does Gall get control of the turret?

At first I thought the map was gonna be too complex overall, which was kinda the same problem with Hanamura ("everything" was new) but as I was about to post I kinda ended up feeling like ToD had as many new mechanics, if not more, and still worked out really well. Can't wait to play it. Kinda hope they'll increase the odds of it spawning though, I don't think I even played 5 games on Hanamura after the rework because of both time constraints and just getting unlucky, I guess. So seeing the map show up slightly more often, if only for a week or so, could be cool.

Quote Originally Posted by MaraudingPython View Post
    If Cho'Gall gets into the mech, does Gall get control of the turret?
    No. He's just along for the ride as his usual merry self, just as if Cho entered a Dragon Knight or Garden Terror. You'll need a third player for the other seat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    At first I thought the map was gonna be too complex overall, which was kinda the same problem with Hanamura ("everything" was new) but as I was about to post I kinda ended up feeling like ToD had as many new mechanics, if not more, and still worked out really well. Can't wait to play it. Kinda hope they'll increase the odds of it spawning though, I don't think I even played 5 games on Hanamura after the rework because of both time constraints and just getting unlucky, I guess. So seeing the map show up slightly more often, if only for a week or so, could be cool.
    They'll likely cut down on the map pool following release as they've done with new maps in the past.

Deleted
    I don't like maps where player transforms into a monster... and now I'm getting one when 2 players need to control that. Urgh, no.

Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    I don't like maps where player transforms into a monster... and now I'm getting one when 2 players need to control that. Urgh, no.
    While I personally don't mind it as much, I can definitely understand the sentiment. People queue up as the heroes they want to plays as and/or are comfortable with, and even if it's only for a short while, I can understand players not being too keen on the idea of essentially controlling a completely different character in the middle of a match.

As it is, I often have enough problems getting my fellow teammates to grab a controllable objective if I am otherwise indisposed, much less having to ask two players to drop what they're doing and get inside the objective....

I honestly kind of wish it was more like the Punishers on Infernal Shrines, where winning the objective just means you have a giant super mecha helping you push lanes for a little while, no player control required.
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

My main dislike about player controlled objectives is that heroes like Chromie are pretty bad for them. You want/have to focus on getting that quest done, which you can't do while inside the mech. This only becomes more problematic if you need 2 heroes in there. Granted that not every hero has to perform well on every map, kinda means they'll have to cool it with those baseline quests though.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    My main dislike about player controlled objectives is that heroes like Chromie are pretty bad for them. You want/have to focus on getting that quest done, which you can't do while inside the mech. This only becomes more problematic if you need 2 heroes in there. Granted that not every hero has to perform well on every map, kinda means they'll have to cool it with those baseline quests though.
    Ah yeah, excellent point. Again, even if it's for a short while, that's still time that could be spent working on those talent/trait quests.

Plus, while the person inside a controllable objective can't work on their quests, since those objectives count as heroes when there's a player inside them, anyone on the enemy team who has a talent/trait quest that involves hitting heroes essentially gets a giant target with which to do so. I wonder how those kinds of quests will work if there are two players inside the Volskaya mech?
    "Go back...I just want to go back...!"

Quote Originally Posted by RadasNoir View Post
    Ah yeah, excellent point. Again, even if it's for a short while, that's still time that could be spent working on those talent/trait quests.

Plus, while the person inside a controllable objective can't work on their quests, since those objectives count as heroes when there's a player inside them, anyone on the enemy team who has a talent/trait quest that involves hitting heroes essentially gets a giant target with which to do so. I wonder how those kinds of quests will work if there are two players inside the Volskaya mech?
    If it works like Cho'gall, you'll get 1 credit per hit.

Deleted
    I hope this map will not be snowbally with many strategies. HotS is fun game but it is pain to watch. Every pro play game in HOTS is a 5 man death ball from the 7-10 minute mark onward. The entire pacing in other games is controlled by the players, making each game have its own creative strategies. In HotS entire pacing is scripted by the objective.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds good i hope they learned their lesson this time and they do not add a new map to ranked mode from the start.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerr View Post
    I hope this map will not be snowbally with many strategies. HotS is fun game but it is pain to watch. Every pro play game in HOTS is a 5 man death ball from the 7-10 minute mark onward. The entire pacing in other games is controlled by the players, making each game have its own creative strategies. In HotS entire pacing is scripted by the objective.
    I think it will depend on skill level.

We don't know all the details yet, but the objective might be pretty easy to defend by a full team. It uses two Heroes from enemy team to utilize a pushing power which greatly reduces their team fight potential. I mean, Cho'gall is not so hard to deal with if you have a good all around composition, he is usually oppressive when a team lacks counters.

Then you also have the king of a hill fight. It has an overtime mechanic, which means you win harder if enemy team fails to understand their team fight chances. In high level games I think the map will be completely fine, but in lower levels it will be massive pain in the ass if your team wants to stall the objective resulting in staggered deaths.

Sounds great, hope it's more successful than poor old Hanamura.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Conveyor belts will move people out of a Void Prison. Unsure if this is intended or not.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175786744?t=5h59m32s