Poll: Should Blizzard keep titanforging going forward?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10/15 cap for TF, 5/10 cap for WF. People who are doing LFR shouldn't have a chance to get mythic ilvl items. Period.
    Stop saying that "why do you care what other people wear, it's just a game...", because whenever I see that argument I see this:

If you don't do mythic then you don't deserve mythic items, simple as that.

titanforging should never be able to go higher than 1 difficulty

it's ridiculous that you can be 940 ilvl without stepping foot in a mythic raid

there are a lot of positives to titanforging (being able to find upgrades, especially trinkets/relics from outside the raid) but it shouldnt really make mythic raid gearing obsolete
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-09-16 at 09:46 AM.

Nice that the poll question is the opposite of the thread title, I wonder how many of the yes votes are actually for keeping Titanforging...

Titanforged and warforged should be combined with the old epic upgrade system.
    With an example: an item can be upgraded 10 times (for N iLvls) a standard item would drop with 0/10 a warforged with 5/10 and a titanforged with 10/10. Now if RNGesus handed you the basic or warforged item you can still attain 10/10 via getting the stuff for the upgrades.

If the mats needed only dropped in the respective raids it would make players go back to farm the raid (so the goal of the current crazy RNGforging is accomplished?) and would be able to progress with a lot more sanity and a lot less salt.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I'd love for more sockets / sockets baseline.
    I'd also prefer deterministic loot progression over this RNG insanity.

The original WF was ok b/c it was a minor bonus. Nowadays you only get disappointed a million times b/c stuff didnt TF.
    The irony when you realize MOP was perfect.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerWolf View Post
    Cap it at +10 from base item level.

Lower difficulty gear should have never been allowed to be able to proc past a higher difficulty piece.
    This

As someone who puts a lot of effort into gearing, doing challenging content, it sucks seeing someone who puts in less effort being given better rewards. If they reworked the system I might actually be okay with it. Someone who doesn't do mythic raiding or high mythic+ content shouldn't have better gear than those who do. That's been my pet peeve this entire expansion.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Topic of the thread: "Remove titanforging?"
    Poll question: "Should Blizzard keep titanforging [...]?"

Not that self-selected MMO-Champion polls are reliable to begin with, but this one is likely worse than most.

Why not just cap it at heroic iLvls? And older raids shouldn't be able to titanforge higher when a new tier comes out, that doesn't even make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    10/15 cap for TF, 5/10 cap for WF. People who are doing LFR shouldn't have a chance to get mythic ilvl items. Period.
    Stop saying that "why do you care what other people wear, it's just a game...", because whenever I see that argument I see this:
    Here, I made it more accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Here, I made it more accurate.
    <image>
    You drew that? Pretty nice I must say.

I like titanforging. Makes doing things other than hardest-difficulty-raid-once-per-week worth the effort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

15+ Year Old Account
    Poll set up as the opposite wording as the OP. Wondering how many votes were the opposite of what people meant to choose. On topic, I like titanforging. It gives us something to hope for every week. I can see how it would be annoying to someone without a raid team and that's fair, but as someone with a weekly run, it gives me something to always hope for. If not for that, I'd be geared and waiting for the next content way too quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Poll set up as the opposite wording as the OP. Wondering how many votes were the opposite of what people meant to choose.
    This.
    The poll results are pretty much irrelevant due to this.

As for me, I'm enjoying the titanforge system. It's nice to always have a chance of getting an upgrade no matter what content you're doing.

You drew that? Pretty nice I must say.
    Thanks, friend.

Deleted
    My biggest issue with titanforging has nothing to do with what other people get (which seems to be people's main argument against those who dislike it), but the items I myself get. I primarily raid heroic and run mythic plus, heroic drops 915 item level. Mythic, which I've never set foot in, drops 930, yet my item level is 940. The items in the raid difficulty above the one I participate in, drops worse gear than what I have, and that not only feels strange, it feels wrong. The items that drop in heroic is utter garbage at this point unless it titanforges.

Titanforging is so common to proc high that it has become an expectation, if it's not titanforged, it's not useful, that is not fun design to me. I'd personally therefore support a cap of max +10 item level from titanforge procs, thus making sure that the difficulty above whichever you run will drop items that at least are somewhat of an improvement of the pieces you have.

You guys know titanforging doesn't start until 15 right? Man this community is scary.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm going to start off by saying it's impossible to get a real poll for this. Most of the raiders and people who aren't casual have left in masses so all that we are left with is casuals that want high end gear based around there few hours a week play time.

With that being said, titanforging has to go. Blizzard has pointed out in the past how terrible it is when a new raid comes out and people are already at that item level so when Argus comes out, most casuals will be beyond any gear from there on Normal.

The new dev's from Diablo coming to WoW clearly did not know what they were doing from everything they did. The legendary system was just dogshit and it needed to be static across all classes and spec's. It should have been a random slot with stats + 5% damage/healing/vers or something along those lines. Then every raid patch that comes out, you could equip a 2nd and 3rd after doing some progression in there.

I'm just hoping they put the terrible Dev's from Diablo back on their game to ruin it further while trying to find some Dev's that haven't left the company to try and fix wow to before 10+ million turned into sub 4 million.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    You guys know titanforging doesn't start until 15 right? Man this community is scary.
    WF/TF are the same thing, no point in splitting hairs.

Deleted
    Thanks m8, learn to name topics and poll the same... acidentally i took yes where titanforgr system is horrible. I wonder how many people fall for that too

Titanforging is awesome, it makes raidgroups progress faster (higher ilvl net gain for each reset)
    And helps the stability of the raid, by keeping people signing for raids (not getting decked out in BiS after 5-6 weeks)

All in all, TF rewards more and more over time, so method and such guilds benefit far less than the average raid guild.
    This is the crux, which makes TF work very well as is.

10+ Year Old Account
    People who are doing LFR shouldn't have a chance to get mythic ilvl items. Period.
    Yea yea yea.

Here's one for you Hombre:

Real raiders raid and don't give a shit about what's dropping for players who don't raid progression.

If you want the definition of real raider, let me know.

Spouting your bs rebuttal to the why do you care argument is......bs.

Adios progression raider, see you in the top 10.

Doubt it though since you give a fukk about what lfr drops titan forged.
    Those who do not stand with the Forsaken stand against them. And those who stand against the Forsaken will not stand long