Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    It's not abandoned. I believe lore wise it's occupied by the forsaken. In game this isn't reflected because i think they have a plan for the Worgen to take it back someday. When the story lends itself to it.
    At the end of Siege of Orgrimmar, Varian states one of his goals after helping the Horde defeat Garrosh was to get the Forsaken out of Gilneas.

I believe lore wise it's just empty right now from the blight still lingering.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Yep really killed Worgen for me specially with how pathetic they have been since then. Can't compare to the old tales of Worgen fighting a war with the Legion to a stand still.
    I dunno, if there's something WoW needs less of is other outer-worldly forces now days, this fantasy game is going too high-fantasy for my tastes as it is. I mean it was okay when it was just Outland, now it's turning into Star Trek :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And there's no guarantee it was a mere hypothesis either since it works both ways. Then there's the part where a vision also has no guarantee to be 100% true. And yet Katharinda used it as an argument to dismiss Nathreim's argument about Ur and his work, which is special pleading. There's no salvaging that post.
    No, you're just conflating two different arguments from seperate paragraphs.

7+ Year Old Account
    I believe it was retconned to be that this "home world" the worgen came from was just a portal to the Emerald Dream. The worgen put there were the feral kind who could not control themselves, so locking them in a slumber within the Emerald Dream was the best bet?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Old lore had them coming from a different world and infecting humans. They were so savage and powerful they were in stalemate with the Legion on their home world.

This was changed in Cata sadly I really think the original story was better than LOL DRUIDS DID IT!
    i was talking about this with friends other day, this old lore was awesome, the druid shenanigans is pretty shit

rly, aliens werewolves>> druids

10+ Year Old Account
    I too was disappointed that the Worgen didn't ultimately originate on some other world. Makes the universe smaller!

Deleted
    No worries boyz, if we spose that the worgen come from another planet or a plane we havent visited yet we sure can get to visit it and fight their opponents .... after all the doomsayers when talking about the six eyed master and the end that been coming yada yada yada referred to a searing emerald fire ...

The original story was vague and stupid. Why the fuck would the Scythe of Elune summon worgen from another planet?

The new story is better imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    The original story was vague and stupid. Why the fuck would the Scythe of Elune summon worgen from another planet?

The new story is better imo.
    I don't remember if the Scythe of Elune was referenced as the actual item that brought the worgen into Azeroth originally (or before this was retconned I should say).

To my knowledge, while playing during vanilla WoW, it was some mage from Dalaran called Ur who discovered the worgen from some alien planet. Then it was Archamge Arugal who found Ur's teachings and brought it to the attention of Genn Greymane, yadda yadda, "FINE I'LL DO IT ON MY OWN!" kind of story happens.

The only change I dislike is that by shifting the Worgen more towards Druidism, they became less associated with shadow magic. Remember in the the Book of Ur, it said that Worgen were skilled in the mystic arts and knew magic such as darkness and supernatural poisons. Well, now they're stuck in this odd spot where we can only speculate as to how the Nightbane Worgen still use shadow magic, or how some of the Worgen that used to exist in other parts of the world managed to harness shadow magic.

Personally, I think it would help if they brought this aspect of the Worgen back, as the Alliance doesn't really have a true shadow-themed race as part of its team roster yet. There's Dark Iron Dwarves, but they're not quite playable yet.

Quote Originally Posted by FunctionalSTR View Post
    I don't remember if the Scythe of Elune was referenced as the actual item that brought the worgen into Azeroth originally (or before this was retconned I should say).

To my knowledge, while playing during vanilla WoW, it was some mage from Dalaran called Ur who discovered the worgen from some alien planet. Then it was Archamge Arugal who found Ur's teachings and brought it to the attention of Genn Greymane, yadda yadda, "FINE I'LL DO IT ON MY OWN!" kind of story happens.
    In vanilla WoW the questchain regarding worgen in Ashenvale describes how a scythe magically appeared to that Night Elf chick, which was the Scythe of Elune. It summoned the worgen. Meanwhile Arugal was summoning his own worgen in Silverpine, which is why the Night Elf chick was travelling to meet him and then she met her end somewhere.

Deleted
    Almost forgot about the old Worgen lore

Worgen were awesome back in Vanilla. When they became a playable race, they became too cartoony and cliche.

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Almost forgot about the old Worgen lore

Worgen were awesome back in Vanilla. When they became a playable race, they became too cartoony and cliche.
    That's because the old worgen models were far from suited to be used as playable characters. Some people might remember the old Draenei in the Swamp of Sorrows from vanilla WoW. Imagine if they used that for the playable Draenei.