Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Oh so very much this... How much blood would run in the streets if Wow added XP loss on death, or hell levels?
    You know if Blizzard ever did this Pristine/Hardcore server crap they should throw XP loss on death on it.

Amount of salt would be hilarious.

10+ Year Old Account
    i suggested buying level ups when we were in cataclysm and blizzard finally made it in mists of pandaria

why don't you get one then you skip most of the obsolete stuff
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by Nuba View Post
    but in wow you're instantly bored even if you haven't played the game in years when you're leveling, because the leveling experience is, without any question, very boring - This isn't even an opinion, it is a fact.
    The Sun is very hot.

The above sentence is a fact.

but in wow you're instantly bored even if you haven't played the game in years when you're leveling, because the leveling experience is, without any question, very boring
    The above sentence is an opinion.

Time you learn the difference, son.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    This isn't even an opinion, it is a fact.
    Oh? I guess we can all stop thinking for ourselves now.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    You can spend months leveling a character on another MMO and not feel tired or bored, but in wow you're instantly bored even if you haven't played the game in years when you're leveling, because the leveling experience is, without any question, very boring - This isn't even an opinion, it is a fact.
    When you try and proclaim your opinion as fact, you are going to get pushback from folks that dont share your opinion. You might be able to make a case that leveling is boring, however, many will not share that opinion. Should you try and claim its slow, standby to get laughed at or mocked mercilessly because you are doing it wrong.
    Last edited by Seranthor; 2017-09-16 at 02:29 PM.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Leveling in Classic WoW, yes now that was a pain. 40-50 sucked and then 50-60 felt soooo freaking long. Now? 70-80 is tedious as hell, for me anyway (mainly because I dread Northrend and can't motivate myself to play through that mess). Thank bajeebus for heirlooms.

i main a rogue-subtlety. leveling was very painful. leveling the rogue since the rogue changed after draenor. the change was basically a big nerf because the spellbook was balanced all this time untill the change over to legion. i mean i simply thought everything was going to somehow be the same with the artifact addon, but yea playing a rogue isn't that fun anymore to be honest.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Fandis View Post
    Just 12 hours? You must have played much later when it became faster. I've started during the Velious expansion and it took me a year of very active playing to get to max level.
    A typical gameplay session at a high level looked like this: spend 2 hours looking for a group (solo leveling was impossible unless you were one of the 3 kiting classes and even then it was hard); spend 3 hours farming mobs with that group; gain 6% of a level; feel it was time well spent.
    I started in 2000 when kunark came out. I was in a good guild though so we had dedicated leveling groups

In this thread: People who think that your 17th alt should still take you 96 hours /played of straight 'oneshot 15 mobs, bring me 7 ears, talk to johndoe mc derpsen'.
    Their reasoning: That's what it's like 15 years ago.

As we all know, leveling doesn't teach you your class. At all. No matter if you do it in 12 or 120 hours, people get to max level and still don't know how to kick, hell, people get to 900 ilvl and do less dmg than people with decent skill at 860. So, when I'm not learning anything about my class, and when I'm not learning any relevant lore or whatever information (as like 80% of the leveling lore is outdated and like 80% of each zone's lore is simply skipped anyways because you outlevel a zone within 20 minutes), why the fuck should the leveling process take as long as it currently does?

Give the players quality leveling content, then you can make it take ages to level, what ever. But even then, my alt#39 shouldn't take as long as alt#13, both being about 30% faster than my main. Leveling in wow is shit and has been shit for the last... 10 years, let us get done with it in hours instead of days.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordolf View Post
    The pacing is awful nowadays. You can't even level through one Pandaria zone before you hit level 90. No one wants to spend weeks grinding through level content, but applying the level scaling introduced with Legion to all zones would do wonders.
    On the plus side, doing Loremaster of Pandaria got me to level 96 on my hunter, iirc. That was actually fun and I got to skip most of WoD, which has gotten old at this point.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unless u got 3-4 ppl atleast 1tank, 1 healer and a dps queueing together for dungeons, questing is faster.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tackhisis View Post
    Optimal levelling speed is 3-4 levels per hour, and current XP rates are too slow for that. Especially Draenor and Broken Isles.
    MUAHAHAHA draenor and SLOW leveling? hell even my main was blazing threw there....

Draenor is a joke to level through even if you don't use XP pots. You can literally bonus objective your way to 98 and then get the fuck out.

The whole game is pretty painful

Deleted
    Honestly I can't for the life of me figure out why I enjoyed levelling in vanilla so much more than I do nowadays. Everything is so much more streamlined, updated models, easy and straight-forward path to follow all the way to max level. There's also heirlooms and LFD, but none of it is actually fun. It doesn't invoke any kind of enjoyment out of me even when it's designed to be as fun and painless as possible.

Maybe that's where they went wrong with todays levelling? Making it too easy and simple?

- - - Updated - - -

Honestly I can't for the life of me figure out why I enjoyed levelling in vanilla so much more than I do nowadays. Everything is so much more streamlined, updated models, easy and straight-forward path to follow all the way to max level. There's also heirlooms and LFD, but none of it is actually fun. It doesn't invoke any kind of enjoyment out of me even when it's designed to be as fun and painless as possible.

Maybe that's where they went wrong with todays levelling? Making it too easy and simple?

Levelling is superfast, almost too fast for new people since they dont get to see the world at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    The Sun is very hot.

The above sentence is a fact.
    Technically no, that sentence is not a fact.

But OT: It's 110 levels. It could be slower, but Blizz makes the leveling easier and easier each xpac. Is it dull? IMO absolutely. I would very much be in favor for a leveling revamp and give more relevancy to older content.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can spend months leveling a character on another MMO and not feel tired or bored, but in wow you're instantly bored even if you haven't played the game in years when you're leveling, because the leveling experience is, without any question, very boring - This isn't even an opinion, it is a fact.
    No, this is your opinion and you are entitled to it, but that does not make it a fact just because you say so. The fact that so many people have differing opinions to you should tell you something.

I meantioned SWTOR because they made the leveling experience incredibly amazing, and you aren't bored even for a sec while leveling even without boosts, and if you want to rush a character you can probably do it in hours while in WoW you can't rush characters to max level: you're forced to do decade-old content that both isn't relevant or fun to do anymore.
    I tried SWTOR at launch, didn't like it, tried it years later, still didn't like it. In my opinion, SWTOR is far more boring than wow. Earlier you talked about voiced content, SWTOR made me want to bash my brains in, if you wanted to know what was going on you had to listen and if you listened, every quest hand in took 10 minutes.

No offence, but if you find wow leveling slow, you are doing it wrong because I don't think it has ever been faster than it currently is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Draenor is a joke to level through even if you don't use XP pots. You can literally bonus objective your way to 98 and then get the fuck out.
    I did 90 to 100 in just over 3hours played.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

15+ Year Old Account
    I love leveling. Often I even delete max level characters in order to level up an another on the same realm due to the silly low character limits. Why is there even a limit in place?

But some zones are extremely boring where I almost give up after having to resort to spamming LFG only. Namely WOTLK and MOP zones, Cata usually too.

Let's hope void starts to consume azeroth at some point, like that one guy predicted, so they have an excuse to revamp those older expansion zones significantly.

My gold making blog
    Your journey towards the gold cap!