10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Same, makes me play the game much more than I used to.

For example MoP was an amazing expansion but since 5.2 I spent most of the time afking, a bit of raiding and mostly doing nothing...
    If it has something like artifact system and WQ instead of dailies, I'd play it much more.
    It's fun to have this sort of progression path again, and when you get the time to level alts, it feels fresh and very unique and interesting to do the same for them too.
    It did have it's drawbacks, especially if the progression starts slowing down.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    This almost confirms the Rise of the Naga Empire expansion that was leaked on reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...e_naga_empire/
    everyone knows expansion leaks are always wrong
    -Proffesional Necromancer-

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    You're replying to a post from 577 pages and more than two months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by skannerz22 View Post
    Nope. We had legion and wod leaks.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

we can find hints about disjoint zones
    The problem with the disjointed zones in Cataclysm was you couldn't see one from the other; you were just going to isolated new hotspots across the world.
    I don't think you'll get that same effect even if we're going from island to island, because you'll (hopefully) be able to see them from a distance and maybe from each other, and ideally the sea itself is content... but let's just hope it's better than Wind Waker tried to make it.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Quote Originally Posted by Blayze View Post
    The problem with the disjointed zones in Cataclysm was you couldn't see one from the other; you were just going to isolated new hotspots across the world.
    I don't think you'll get that same effect even if we're going from island to island, because you'll (hopefully) be able to see them from a distance and maybe from each other, and ideally the sea itself is content... but let's just hope it's better than Wind Waker tried to make it.
    Would be pretty nonsense if we assume Zandalar is one and Kul Tiras is another. At that point you'd be able to see Pandaria from southern EK and Kalimdor and Northrend from the northern ends of both, as well as the Broken Isles from Northrend and EK.

If the tech on argus is anything to go buy, expect teleports into localized Flightpaths. If it really is an island expansion you'll probably have a "ship" that docks in an area, say near the maelstrom, and then you have access from the ship to all the FPs for Zandalar, Kezan, Tel Abim, etc. And then if you want to do Kul Tiras and Dragon Isles stuff, you'd sail your ship north and dock up there (a screen like the one you get when using ships/zeps, and then have access to the flight paths there. Similar to how the Vindicaar moves from zone to zone.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Would be pretty nonsense if we assume Zandalar is one and Kul Tiras is another. At that point you'd be able to see Pandaria from southern EK and Kalimdor and Northrend from the northern ends of both, as well as the Broken Isles from Northrend and EK.

If the tech on argus is anything to go buy, expect teleports into localized Flightpaths. If it really is an island expansion you'll probably have a "ship" that docks in an area, say near the maelstrom, and then you have access from the ship to all the FPs for Zandalar, Kezan, Tel Abim, etc. And then if you want to do Kul Tiras and Dragon Isles stuff, you'd sail your ship north and dock up there (a screen like the one you get when using ships/zeps, and then have access to the flight paths there. Similar to how the Vindicaar moves from zone to zone.
    Wouldn't surprise me if they painted glimpses of distant continents onto the skybox like they did with Argus.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

10+ Year Old Account
    Wouldn't surprise me if they painted glimpses of distant continents onto the skybox like they did with Argus.
    I assume they'll use that kind of tech in the future but not in the regular parts of Azeroth.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drekmar View Post
    Nope. We had legion and wod leaks.
    Did Legion leak? I can't remember it being leaked.

I do remember MoP and WoD getting leaked though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiase View Post
    We usually get a new race and or class with each expansions.
    So what is the consensus this time? People have any credible ideas? =o
    This is probably the worst way to look at it, but a couple years ago I predicted the DH class colour (kinda). Leaving only a dark yellow/gold colour available, unless they go for less easily identifiable tones of green or blue. That colour would work well for Tinkers and Bards, but not for Dark Rangers or Necromancers.

I don't think they'll add a new class right after DHs, but who knows.

As for races, Ethereals hadn't been relevant for a while, but they've come back in Argus, if the next expansion is indeed a Void-themed one, and specially if it's K'aresh, Ethereals would be an obvious choice. They're neutral by nature, so they could get away with only adding them for both factions.

If it's a sea/island expansion, then they could get more creative. Evolved murlocs, a rogue naga faction, the Tortollan from Hearthstone... anything, really. Any random island could be home to a brand new humanoid race that hadn't been discovered before, and any sea-creature could be anthropomorphized.

Or they could finish what they started in WoD and give us a lot of customization and subraces. I don't think it's as strong of a selling point, but it's one of the more lacking areas of the game right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Did Legion leak? I can't remember it being leaked.

I do remember MoP and WoD getting leaked though.
    It leaked alright. It's just that nobody cared about a random short leak when huge walls of (fake) text were popping up everyday.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-09-16 at 06:17 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Justin Gross signed new contract with Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Highwhale View Post
    Justin Gross signed new contract with Blizzard.
    For relevance, this is the guy that voiced Arthas in Warcraft III, Steve Rogers in the Ultimate Avengers and Ryu Hayabusa in the Ninja Gaiden series.

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    For relevance, this is the guy that voiced Arthas in Warcraft III, Steve Rogers in the Ultimate Avengers and Ryu Hayabusa in the Ninja Gaiden series.
    What the fuck Blizzard?

It could mean something, or it could mean nothing. Maybe he'll voice the next Overwatch hero...

...who happens to be a zombie knight with a greatsword

Considering Blizzard couldn't even be bothered putting enough of a filter on Rakeesh's voice so that he didn't sound exactly like Garrosh, Gross could be voicing any random character at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post

It leaked alright. It's just that nobody cared about a random short leak when huge walls of (fake) text were popping up everyday.

No wonder why I never saw it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    It could mean something, or it could mean nothing. Maybe he'll voice the next Overwatch hero...
    Probably this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean if he did just get contracted I doubt it'll be for X7.

Warrior-Magi

I mean if he did just get contracted I doubt it'll be for X7.
    Doesn't voice work get done late on in development? I mean, otherwise you'd have to keep hauling the VAs back in as story shit changes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't voice work get done late on in development? I mean, otherwise you'd have to keep hauling the VAs back in as story shit changes.
    I assume it's done early but that's only speculation on my part.

Warrior-Magi

I assume it's done early but that's only speculation on my part.
    Can't be; back in Mists the Jade Forest storyline got almost completely shitcanned and replaced with a new version. It'd be way too expensive to re-hire all those VAs.