Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by SexyManipulator View Post
    A bit OT, but why would you 'hate' transmog? Do you want to look like a clown? You can still do just that.
    Well, it's a bit difficult to explain. I don't dislike the idea but I dislike that there are not more restrictions (lore-wise it bothers me the most).

I agree with @Granyala on Turalyon and Alleria. They feel so out of place... I don't know. Either the writing for both is really underwhelming or their presence is not fitting (although it should be fitting).
    Last edited by Nyel; 2017-09-16 at 04:28 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    I agree with @Granyala on Turalyon and Alleria. They feel so out of place... I don't know. Either the writing for both is really underwhelming or their presence is not fitting (although it should be fitting).
    Probably both. As s/o stated in another thread: Turalyon is supposed to be THE paladin. Yet Illi-boy can hold his light infused sword ... with his hand... in a weakened state.

Erm yah. Way to depict your hero as utterly impotent and incompetent just to further the Illidan glorification.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by meroko View Post
    You lost me there. The 7.3 music is some of the best if not THE best music in WoW period.
    Well music is subjective but compared to previous expansions and other MMORPGs music is meh

argus is the best proof that the most devs are now working on 8.0..

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    I dont think they are evn working on 8.0 I think these devs are just creatively bankrupt and they no longer care about the game or the content. Working on WOW is now a place where Devs careers go to die
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I dont think they are evn working on 8.0 I think these devs are just creatively bankrupt and they no longer care about the game or the content. Working on WOW is now a place where Devs careers go to die
    I don't want to believe it, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was true. Blizzard have all these new exciting projects going on that are much more popular and relevant right now. I can't believe anyone who isn't a die-hard wow fan would willingly work on Wow over Overwatch or HOTS if they had the choice.

Wow has just lost it's glamore in todays video game enviroment, quick easily-played games like arena FPS or MOBAs are just doing way too well to even consider MMORPGs. Which is a shame to be sure, but not at a surprising one.

Quote Originally Posted by MadCusBald View Post
    I don't want to believe it, but it wouldn't surprise me at all if this was true. Blizzard have all these new exciting projects going on that are much more popular and relevant right now. I can't believe anyone who isn't a die-hard wow fan would willingly work on Wow over Overwatch or HOTS if they had the choice.

Wow has just lost it's glamore in todays video game enviroment, quick easily-played games like arena FPS or MOBAs are just doing way too well to even consider MMORPGs. Which is a shame to be sure, but not at a surprising one.
    I think a lot too is blizzard is not willing to spend the money on this game to Develop really outstanding content . Partly because of its age but mostly because it will cut into the profits too much the game is making enough money to keep it online for now. But who knows what the Board of Directors will say if its not profitable ENOUGH.

But to be Sure, As long as Ion is in charge, we will not get a quality product that will keep you entertained
    Non nobis Domine, non nobis, sed nomini tuo da gloriam

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dystemper View Post
    I think a lot too is blizzard is not willing to spend the money on this game to Develop really outstanding content . Partly because of its age but mostly because it will cut into the profits too much the game is making enough money to keep it online for now. But who knows what the Board of Directors will say if its not profitable ENOUGH.

But to be Sure, As long as Ion is in charge, we will not get a quality product that will keep you entertained
    True, Ion is really holding the game back I think. His views on MMORPGs are really unhealthy and as long as he's in charge I can't see any groundbreaking exciting updates coming to wow.

MAJOR CON

The time gating. 3 weeks for a short questline / story that still feels very unfinished and won't be for another few months at least.

I understand Blizzard is trying to release content more "regularly" but it's at the cost of feeling unfinished and I don't think it's worth it in the end. If all of the 7.3 content was released at once everyone would have been done with everything in a couple hours max. There was literally nothing new or exciting added in 7.3 outside of cut scenes and the Argus Skybox. It's pretty much just more world quest farming for AP.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2017-09-17 at 12:13 AM.

Pros:
    I don't have to do Broken Shore WQs anymore.

Cons:
    I have to do Argus WQs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MadCusBald View Post
    True, Ion is really holding the game back I think. His views on MMORPGs are really unhealthy and as long as he's in charge I can't see any groundbreaking exciting updates coming to wow.
    *chuckles* the same was said about Ghostcrawler and his answer from back then is just as valid today:
    One man does not have that much power over a project.

Compared to WoWs past, the non raiding content they did for Legion is outstanding (even though I wish that storyline to be more detailed and bring more new stuff, instead of presenting us things we already learned 10 years ago).
    Really, the only things that bother me are in the systems realm. RNG loot, freelootiness outside of raids, insane density of helpless meatbags, and far too frequent resets on everything, nuking any motivation to put in long term effort.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Well music is subjective but compared to previous expansions and other MMORPGs music is meh
    If the music isn't made by Lou Bega, I cut off anyways
    #MamboNumber5forLife

Quote Originally Posted by Arvandor View Post
    If this is true I am 100% fine with it. The sooner Legion ends the better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Pros:
    I don't have to do Broken Shore WQs anymore.

Cons:
    I have to do Argus WQs.
    Haha I love all of this sarcasm.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Probably both. As s/o stated in another thread: Turalyon is supposed to be THE paladin. Yet Illi-boy can hold his light infused sword ... with his hand... in a weakened state.

Erm yah. Way to depict your hero as utterly impotent and incompetent just to further the Illidan glorification.
    Yep. Turalyon is an utter joke and Alleria isn't better either. And both fools fought the Legion for thousands of years? Is the Legion so bad or did both become weak, naive and silly when they met us?
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Deleted
    The content has been shocking, what is there on Argus that’s new? Shit rep rewards, few new mounts and a 1hr 30m - 1hr 45 min story. The crucible is a small addition to an existing mechanic, we’ve had world quests for over a year. Oh and 3 very small new zones with nothing in them apart from loot piñatas and world quests. Now we wait a year.

Deleted
    Personal opinion (and just a top 3):

Pro:
    - Alt ilvl catch-up
    - Argus content as a whole. I really like it.
    - Automatic AK gains.

Cons:
    - Some measure of AP farming is back in business, further tying us into 1 Artifact Weapon (at least with Concordance the bonus was minor).
    - DPS balancing efforts fell flat. BM is still way behind almost everything. The 6% buff was merely to off-set the horrible weapon ilvl scaling, basically not doing anything for the spec.
    - No flying. I understand why, but I can't dislike the extreme convenience of flying.

Pros:
    - I really like how easy it is to get veiled argunite, I get an item per day just for killing plenty rares. In 7.2 I didn't feel like that was the case with the horrible mini bosses around broken shore.

- Due to above point, there is plenty of AP to use.

- Netherlight crucible, call me crazy, but I like its proccs and how it directly affects big time my chaos bolts when combined with crit buff from KJ trinket, shocklight, soul harvest, portal buff due to leggo shoulders, legionfall concordance, etc. Swimming in this proccs and get some gigantic chaos bolts in just the right windows feels so satisfying. I won't be one of these people who try to farm the craziest and strongest combos, I will just accept whatever I get and try to make the best use of it.

- Lore, I really like the lore in this patch. I expected to love Turalyon and stay indifferent towards Alleria, but it seems like I was wrong. I love Alleria and her character development, I only hope that Turalyon will also be given the chance to be a better character than the faith-fanboi he is now.

- Plenty of cinematics, really well made.

- Tons of mounts to collect, my fav thing to do anyway.

- Really alt friendly.

- Back to the ground, it is nice to use some ground mounts again, and get the chance to try new ones there, like the Acid belcher, Lucid Nightmare, etc.

- Dungeon was nice. Not super amazing, but nice. I really liked the boss models!

- Antoran Wastes feels genuinely threatening.

Cons:

- Way too many mobs sometimes, wish that some of the 'threat' in the zone was more in the form of Sentinax ship coming more often, many more fel reavers, more tricky lava paths to jump through, raid bosses like antoran hounds being more prominent and patrol a much larger part of the antoran wastes than what they currently do in a tiny world quest. I really feel like it would be cool if they would introduce the actual raid bosses as zone threats a bit more, to give us more of an incentive to kill them when the raid releases. Take it a step further even and make it so that the raid bosses disappear if you kill them once on HC difficulty, granting you easier access to some areas. I don't think it's fun to go inside Pusculla's cave and be attacked by 30 imps, 10 fel hounds and 3 THICC mothers. I mean, some THICC is nice, but this is too much THICC sorry.

- Invasions were pretty underwhelming. Wish they were a bit more rewarding. Most of the time they are just giving me some AP and veiled argunite, might as well do regular WQs/rares then instead of wasting 10 minutes going through first 2 phases really.

- Music, I hate wow music with a passion in legion zones or orc zones. I hate these loud stupid soundtracks, I much prefer calm zone ambience, and yes, you can make some good zone music even for threatening places, look at molten front, thunder isle, etc. Many times I just mute my laptop to stop listening to the same annoying Antoran wastes music. It's truly annoying and almost gives me a headache. Mac'Aree zone music is nice though, Krokuun sometimes too. This is also a major complaint of mine for ToS and Guldan fight, really shitty music compared to FF XIV zone/boss music.
    Last edited by Soluna; 2017-09-18 at 12:49 PM.