Poll: The best Leader is...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    I added a poll... And it doesn't matter about the leader's age.
    Well, Anduin was a 10yo when his father went missing and he was "king" with Bolvar as regent but with Onyxia basically controlling him. So at the end of the day you can't feel he was a very good "leader" then. Current Anduin would definitely be better, provided they don't have a black dragon or another in a long line of Twilight guys in high places in the Church.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Did she actually lead Stormwind though or was she an advisor???
    she was an advisor,but I wouldn't doubt she was pulling a fair amount of strings

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Bolvar because that's when I liked the Alliance the best. Plus he didn't build statues of himself in a time of crisis.
    Bolvar was kinda meh. He missed black dragonflight under his nose and was not capable to recognize what wrong with his friend (one half of Varian that was manipulated by Onyxia). Plus as ruler he did nothing to stop raising of Defias Brotherhood and Orc's attack in Redridge Mountains. He was great paladin and leader in battles but not good ruler.

Bolvar served the Black Dragonflight unknowingly until it finally became clear to him he was working for the villians then he turned agianst them and redeemed himself. But in the end he was a terrible influence on Stormwind because he was complicit with alot of Preastors manipulations.

You could say Onyxia was quite effiecnt at what she did, in a morally dark way she kept hte city running, but this wasnt for hte best.

Varian actually fixed alot of its mess, made it a proper city again, opens it to other nations and other ideals.

He embraced multiculture very early on once Anduin and GEnn made him see its value. This to me, makes him the best leader of Stormwind, Anduin we have yet to see fully fit into the shoes, but his first days as High King were in mourning, this to me suggests his ability to manage things, will be strained.

Orgrim by a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    A lot of people here wuold not stand alive for long in a monarchy.........

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The whole "Varian built a statue of himself" thing got totally taken out of context. That statue was added in Cataclysm when they redid the whole world. The thought behind it from the developers was probably just "hey Stormwind would look really cool with a Varian statue" and not "hey let's put this hint into the game that Varian is a pompous ass".
    It's not like we saw the construction efforts organically, either. Just suddenly -POP- Stormwind is upgraded. In real time, the statue was probably put up between classic/TBC when Varian was presumed dead.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I admit after playing human for so many years without a real leader or king, I got kind of a man boner for Varian Wrynn, I loved the way he was 100% pure fucking bad ass too boot.

Kind of a blend of fucking Chuck Norris mixed in with a little I don't give a fuck Arnold in Commando. That said I don't play but I did watch the cinematic, I was pissed they had to fucking kill him off but he went out like a fucking BOSS, and I don't say that shit normally, but meh.

Now this fruity little Anduin, blah!
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Topper McNabb!
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Adamant Wrynn.
    His time was prosperous and he avoided unneeded wars.
    After him, Varian. He led in times of turmoil.

Anduin Lothar was a great leader, but not really a ruler. He saved the citizens and led the fight against the Horde, but there was no kingdom to rule at that time. He's my favorite character in the whole lore, but I'd not put him up with the kings, which need to also look after the kingdom's developments.

I'd put Bolvar as a poor leader. He was more Anduin's protector than leader of the nation. Great character, but he had little power as leader of Stormwind, and ended up letting corruption and turmoil run rampant during that period.

Quote Originally Posted by DeicideUH View Post
    Adamant Wrynn.
    His time was prosperous and he avoided unneeded wars.
    After him, Varian. He led in times of turmoil.

Anduin Lothar was a great leader, but not really a ruler. He saved the citizens and led the fight against the Horde, but there was no kingdom to rule at that time. He's my favorite character in the whole lore, but I'd not put him up with the kings, which need to also look after the kingdom's developments.

I'd put Bolvar as a poor leader. He was more Anduin's protector than leader of the nation. Great character, but he had little power as leader of Stormwind, and ended up letting corruption and turmoil run rampant during that period.
    IIRC Lothar was Renegent for Varian. Same way was Bolvar for Anduin. But yeah there was no kingdom to rule - only people and armies.

I found its weird Wrynn Kings share a lot of similar. Like:

1 - Both Adamant and his son Llane died during sieges of Storwind.

2 - Varian and Anduin lost their fathers in young age and they were patronized by regents (Lothar/Bolvar) who later died.

3 - Llane and Varian had childhood friends who later were corrupted by Burning Legion (Medivh/Arthas). Talking about Wrathion...

4 - Llane and Varian died believing they were betrayed.

5 - All had connection to Guardians. Adamant through Nielas Aran; Llane with Medivh; Varian with Aegwynn.

6 - And all known Wrynn Kings died in battle - i mean look what happened to last three kings. Adamant died during suicide charge against trolls during Stormwind siege; Llane was assassinated right before orcs assaulted Stormwind; Varian sacrificed himself on Broken Shore.

Lazy writings?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    It's not like we saw the construction efforts organically, either. Just suddenly -POP- Stormwind is upgraded. In real time, the statue was probably put up between classic/TBC when Varian was presumed dead.
    Could also be, if there is any lore behind it at all. I assume it's just something the developers did cause it looks cool to have a statue of their king in a human city. Just like the statues of the Sons of Lothar at the gates of Stormwind.

It really tarnishes the reputation of Varian and doesn't do him justice that people think he was so narcissistic that he put up a statue of himself, when in reality he was a king that fought side by side with his soldiers in battle.

Quote Originally Posted by ONCHEhap View Post
    she was an advisor,but I wouldn't doubt she was pulling a fair amount of strings
    Mmmmm, that is certainly undeniable. I guess that despite her being an advisor, she is kinda a leader in that perspective...
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Llane Wrynn because varian learened from his father.
    “Choose a job you love and you'll never have to work a day in your life” “Logic will get you from A to Z; Imagination will get you everywhere.”

Quote Originally Posted by Thieves cant View Post
    Llane Wrynn because varian learened from his father.
    I am doubt. He provoked Gurubashi War and his reign was the shortest. Varian learned from a lot of people during exile after First War. For example there were Lothar, Terenas, Khadgar who guided him.

Deleted
    Auntie Onyxia

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    Bolvar as he had to both rule Stormwind and babysit Anduin at the same time. On top of that he was standing next to the very woman who almost destroyed Stormwind from the inside. Varian is a great fighter, but I always found him a poor king. Its especially shown how neglected several zones like Westfall, Duskwood and Redridge has gotten to the point that the Defias Brotherhood has risen yet again. Apparently Varian found it more important to build a giant statue of himself in front of the throne room. I've yet to see Anduin do anything kings-ly.
    I couldn't agree more. Although I love Varian and his lore.