What's the point of guildhests?

I just got to level 70 on my dragoon and finished the MSQ, and I have never used nor seen anyone talking about guildhests. What are they for?

10+ Year Old Account
    Training Duties.

There is a reason they've not expanded them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    High elf fans are basically flat-earth society of warcraft lore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Alleria Windrunner View Post
    I AM the victim.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralqadar View Post
    Training Duties.

There is a reason they've not expanded them.
    Pretty much. Only reason I do them is that the ques are quick and it's an easy bit of xp. Not a lot but every xp counts for alt leveling.

They're sort of like the precursor to the Novice Hall, They're mainly for people completely new to MMOs, in that they attempt to teach the new people some of the basic things that may not be apparent right away. The final one can still be easily failed if people aren't paying attention to what they are doing or what they NEED to be doing.
    One day I was walking and I found this big log. Then I rolled the log over and underneath was a tiny little stick.
    And I was like, "That log had a child!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Hests are excellent way to get that extra level, their quick & the first of the day give some good XP.

Basically, tutorial dungeons.

IIRC the MSQ has you do one or two of them at certain points. It's always been odd, though, that they exist for level ranges up to nearly 50, when normal dungeons in the same ranges have you doing mechanics just as complex.

They're good for the (albeit small) daily reward and weekly challenge. The queue is usually short and they only take a few minutes.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Basically, tutorial dungeons.

IIRC the MSQ has you do one or two of them at certain points.
    Had - they removed that requirement with the launch of Heavensward. Sends you on a similar "help out young adventurers" quest in Mor Dhona instead now.

Essentially they are a relic of 1.0...sort of.

Part of the "Behest" system in 1.0 was open world events that you could do with other players by talking to a Battlewarden (and I believe talk to the Battlewarden after for a reward). FATEs took the place of the open world event aspect and probably some of the fights of the Behests, while Guildhests took the "signing up for a specific thing and talking to a Battlewarden" aspect (I don't know if any of the Behest fights became Guildhests or not).