Quote Originally Posted by Totikki View Post
    People complain they get ports to the Switch for games thats 1 year old? So, you rather they wont port them at all? K
    I think its great The Switch is getting ports, It goes to show a console can't live on first party titles alone. Keep the system in the players hand and they keep buying games for it.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    How much are you willing to bet it will run at 20 fps at plenty of times in the game.
    How about we wait for a performance video? Speculation is fine and dandy though.

It's being reworked so it will run on the Switch. Considering how amazing the engine already is it shouldn't run too bad when optimised for it. I believe Doom will easily hold 30 at 720P. As for Wolfenstein 2 though no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How about we wait for a performance video? Speculation is fine and dandy though.

It's being reworked so it will run on the Switch. Considering how amazing the engine already is it shouldn't run too bad when optimised for it. I believe Doom will easily hold 30 at 720P. As for Wolfenstein 2 though no idea.
    Games designed to run at 60 fps on PS4/XB1 can translate well to Switch at 30 fps tbh.

It's the 30 fps intense open world games that would be a shit show to port.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickz View Post
    Just bought one of these. Here's hoping the quality doesn't suck. Will most likely keep using the official black buttons instead of those colored ones.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B075JBBFSL/
    If I actually TRUSTED myself to take my Switch apart to put this on...I'd consider getting one of these XD
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

10+ Year Old Account
    We should make a list of all AAA games of the last 4 years from this gen that run at 60 fps. Be a good way to see which ports are likely. I hope they manage to get Doom to 60, but its gonna like like spaghetti at that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Wolfenstein the New Order was 60 fps? How? Maybe it wont be too hard to port after all, but both will likely be 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Wolfenstein the New Order was 60 fps? How?
    It's a corridor shooter with a variable resolution. Not hard to hit 60 fps on ps4. Wolfenstein 2 will certainly be 60 fps as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    It's a corridor shooter with a variable resolution. Not hard to hit 60 fps on ps4. Wolfenstein 2 will certainly be 60 fps as well.
    I know, but its so pretty. Its impressive either way to me.

- - - Updated - - -

We can be sure Switch is NOT getting Metro Exodus. Game is gorgeous and seems to be a lot more open.

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    I know, but its so pretty. Its impressive either way to me.

- - - Updated - - -

We can be sure Switch is NOT getting Metro Exodus. Game is gorgeous and seems to be a lot more open.
    Switch would struggle with intensive open world games.

Part of me is curious of how an MMORPG like FF14 would run but I just have a feeling the "switch limitation" meme would get thrown about like the PS3 one.

So not only do you need a Micro SD card to play NBA 2K18 you must also have at lease 5GB free on the systems HD itself (per save file).

The internal storage is going to be the achilles heel to this system.

So owning a Physical copy you have to have...

1) A SD card for a 16GB update.
    2) At lease 5GB free (per save) on your internal storage.

......FUCKEN LOL.

Lets not even talk about digital.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-09-16 at 11:12 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    They are goinh to have to find a way to upgrade the internal storage by 2018.

How the fuck does a single save take up 5GB of space? I have a shit ton of saved games on other systems and they all total up to 1-2GB.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How the fuck does a single save take up 5GB of space? I have a shit ton of saved games on other systems and they all total up to 1-2GB.
    Very badly coded mess.

But I suppose that's just another Switch issue instead of EA doing bad coding work in their end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Very badly coded mess.

But I suppose that's just another Switch issue instead of EA doing bad coding work in their end.
    NBA 2k18 is 2k not EA.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Very badly coded mess.

Partly coding and partly Nintendo thinking 32GB of storage for a console is fine.

http://nintendoeverything.com/nes-go...tchs-firmware/

An emulated version of the NES game Golf found in the Switch OS.

- - - Updated - - -

https://nintendowire.com/news/2017/0...-listed-5-7gb/

Super Mario Odyssey's download size is 5.67 GB.
    Last edited by johnhoftb; 2017-09-17 at 04:54 AM.

That's how sports games saves are. They're saving an ass load of data.(say you play a 30 year career in GM mode that is 30 years worth of stats for every player in the game) it just reserves the amount it will reasonably need for play to avoid telling you that you can't save your game because the file got to big and you have no space. If you have beef with that you clearly never ran logs in WoW as a simple combat log txt file can balloon to over 5 GB in a month if you don't delete it regularly. I'm sure windows is a badly coded mess tho...

It's not EA and it actually wouldn't be a problem with EA as they saw this problem coming awhile ago and now give you the option to purely store your save data on their cloud servers instead of on your system memory.

I love how when everything doesn't work in the Switch's favor it's because it's "badly coded!" or "unoptimized!". Literally every sports game has save files that large(unless it's an EA game and you play purely on the cloud which is optional) I'm sure they're all badly coded messes

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Super Mario Odyssey's download size is 5.67 GB.
    Like 3x bigger then 3D World which was 1.8 GB, that bolds well for unique models and areas me thinks.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    classic nintendo

makes a new weapon in splatoon and it's RNG timed exclusive to salmon run only
    Is this a salmon run-only weapon or will it go live to multiplayer? Felt a bit too OP for multiplayer in its current state, but then again I don't use blasters.

At first I thought I was going to hate the random weapons (at profreshional rank) but I really enjoyed them, until we got 3 snipers and a splattershot or 3 snipers and a roller on a wave. I do avoid Salmon run when it has weapon sets I don't like, so the RNG weapons are nice, but a bad combo is hard to recover from and comes out of nowhere.

So, what I am wondering is, Will Pokken DX sell the least of the "major" nintendo exclusives coming out this year
    Zelda
    Mario Kart
    ARMS
    SPlatoon 2
    Mario+Rabbids
    Pokken
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Xenoblade

I can't see Pokken outselling any of these or even really doing that well, Pokken sold around 1.3M on Wii U, I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 1.8-2M on Switch.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    So, what I am wondering is, Will Pokken DX sell the least of the "major" nintendo exclusives coming out this year
    Zelda
    Mario Kart
    ARMS
    SPlatoon 2
    Mario+Rabbids
    Pokken
    Fire Emblem Warriors
    Super Mario Odyssey
    Xenoblade

I can't see Pokken outselling any of these or even really doing that well, Pokken sold around 1.3M on Wii U, I wouldn't be surprised if it was like 1.8-2M on Switch.
    in what world is 1.8-2m bad for a spin off rerelease?
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    in what world is 1.8-2m bad for a spin off rerelease?
    Lets do a search to where I said bad...

Hmm, I can't seem to find it, how odd

I said it would sell the least out of all the major nintendo exclusives this year, and it wouldn't to THAT well, obviously I meant compared to the others releasing this year, 1.8-2M lifetime will likely be under the others.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.