Page 24 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Treckie is overrated as a raider, I'm not surprised he calls stuff wrong. And yes Sloot is not a high M+ runner (tho I think he would have qualified if he had been able to) I expect he has the professionalism to brush up his knowledge before coming on stream.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I'm bothered by the knowledge of the casters.

Feels like only Sloot and Jack have any idea how high key's are supposed to work.
    Sloot not a avid m+ runner apart from finishing his weekly chest stuff has done work and actually shows, while hearing treckie calling stuff out makes me wonder if he even bothered to re-search anything after he got the invite to cast this event.
    You have to remember while he might be prominent twitch streamer and former world 1st raider his knowledge of the m+ and tactics of high key's is close to 0 and he has not done the homework to cast and it is really bothering me it sets really low standarts the other 3 dudes are complete unknown for me but they also seem out of place.

And god please the ui and the camera work and sometimes the change of pace and swaps between the 2 screens.
    Its like i'm running the show from my apartment very poor quality over all not to mention the piss poor play from the ASIAN scene god.
    I was actually pleasantly surprised by Rich's knowledge, considering he casts the PvP scene otherwise. Treckie was a shitshow. Sloot was entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    Treckie is overrated as a raider, I'm not surprised he calls stuff wrong. And yes Sloot is not a high M+ runner (tho I think he would have qualified if he had been able to) I expect he has the professionalism to brush up his knowledge before coming on stream.
    sloot's issue is that he is a guild leader now of Future and he has been spending way too much time on mythic KJ, and his knowledge and coverage of the race was superb.

he has some players from his guild in the tournament he said.

edit: can someone explain to me what happened to LSJ here?

https://clips.twitch.tv/TalentedFitMuleANELE
    Last edited by Mouri Kogorou; 2017-09-16 at 05:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouri Kogorou View Post

They poped their cds and rekt the boss. On a serious note,I think its called a desync, where instead of dcing and reloading back you catch up to the current moment instantly.

I watched the event and thought it was OK, but there could be a lot of improvement. I would love if there was a healing meter as well, to show the healing needs(to see how much a healer could contribute more to dmg instead) and a CR cooldown timer (really important to see this). I think its fair to say Treckie was unprepared, but given how this is the first day of the M+ invitation, there can be a bit of leniency shown towards preparation for sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    The whole thing will be run on +17. Kinda boring. But I guess it makes sense to use easy doable keys for such an event, imagine watching 2 teams fail for hours on a single key.
    Remember that difficulty changed with 7.3 and a +17 was a +22/23.

Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    I was actually pleasantly surprised by Rich's knowledge, considering he casts the PvP scene otherwise. Treckie was a shitshow. Sloot was entertaining.
    Rich knew nothing about anything. His ridiculous statements were a constant source of memes. He has no idea how any class works in PvE so he gets surprised when a Sub rogue has mobs to Shuriken Combo into a single target on bolstering when nobody is blowing AoE. He goes apeshit like "this rogue is doing such insane damage" when it's like 2 million right after a DFA. He's constantly talking about how good BM hunter is (it's average) and remarked many times about how he's surprised to see a Havoc DH at all because they're bad (they're better than BM hunter by a large margin in M+).

Out of the casters, only Sloot and Jak are tolerable. I don't know how they're picking these idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Remember that difficulty changed with 7.3 and a +17 was a +22/23.
    It's closer to a 7.2.5 +20.
    Last edited by BiggestNoob; 2017-09-16 at 06:46 PM.

sloot's issue is that he is a guild leader now of Future and he has been spending way too much time on mythic KJ, and his knowledge and coverage of the race was superb.

he has some players from his guild in the tournament he said.

Pretty sure the "camera" is a GM, and the GM watching LSJ had a massive lag spike.

Deleted
    The player HP bars enabled over their heads is fucking aids lmao. They show the grid thingy on the side, thats more than enough

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    I'm bothered by the knowledge of the casters.

Feels like only Sloot and Jack have any idea how high key's are supposed to work.
    Sloot not a avid m+ runner apart from finishing his weekly chest stuff has done work and actually shows, while hearing treckie calling stuff out makes me wonder if he even bothered to re-search anything after he got the invite to cast this event.
    You have to remember while he might be prominent twitch streamer and former world 1st raider his knowledge of the m+ and tactics of high key's is close to 0 and he has not done the homework to cast and it is really bothering me it sets really low standarts the other 3 dudes are complete unknown for me but they also seem out of place.

And god please the ui and the camera work and sometimes the change of pace and swaps between the 2 screens.
    Its like i'm running the show from my apartment very poor quality over all not to mention the piss poor play from the ASIAN scene god.
    Rich has a great voice and narration. Sure, maybe he's not quite as knowledgeable as others but the classic sports commentator pairing is always an expert of the game with a guy who's able to continuously fill the silence. I think the casting is going well so far.

Was fun to watch the games. Just a shame you can't see how the players spec/gear and when they use their cds other than bl/tw debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Loosecannon View Post
    My immediate thought was that 17 was quite low, but I figure that all of the gear they will be using will be standard ilvl without forges etc? So perhaps a 17 will actually be quite hard

I think it'll be interesting to see how it goes, although they've said they're looking for the visual mechanics, which I think makes it a bit easier (explosive aside), as IMO the harder affixes are the ones which aren't visual.

I was kinda hoping they'd go for affix combos we don't normally get (Teeming + Bolstering?) etc. But who knows
    They're using 935 gear and 965 weapons. The gear can be whatever they want I believe, so it's like Nightold 2 piece + ToS 4 piece for a lot of people all at 935. Seems a bit much for only a 17

Its lag. The clip is missing the part where they seem to run in place for 80 seconds. https://www.twitch.tv/videos/175100741 at around 4:35:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Plastkin View Post
    Rich knew nothing about anything. His ridiculous statements were a constant source of memes. He has no idea how any class works in PvE so he gets surprised when a Sub rogue has mobs to Shuriken Combo into a single target on bolstering when nobody is blowing AoE. He goes apeshit like "this rogue is doing such insane damage" when it's like 2 million right after a DFA. He's constantly talking about how good BM hunter is (it's average) and remarked many times about how he's surprised to see a Havoc DH at all because they're bad (they're better than BM hunter by a large margin in M+).
    He is making the tournament more interesting for the average viewer, but of course that missed your superior knowledgeable mind.

It's like during football match a caster would say "that was a very smart attempt" and you would be like "omg nothing smart in that, its actually bad, that 1 player did shit wrong blablabla" just stfu. I remember this "rogue insane damage" phrase well and it was obvious in that current situation both teams were in same moment of fight and rogue was doing much more dmg than any other player from either team - caster pointed it out to show the average viewer that one team is pushing ahead is gaining advantage. But I guess you think that for your personal enjoyment he should instead discuss how specific talent that rogue chose gave him 10% dps advantage over the other commonly picked talent in this specific situation in this specific dungeon and how its more risky to take this talent blablabla boring the other viewers to death.
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    When an orc eats an orc, two orcs rip out of the orcs stomach, they eat each other and a brand new orc walks through the door, and then his chest explodes and 20 full grown orcs crawl out of his body. They then eat each other and the bodies until there are 3 orcs left. The mystery of the orc reproduction cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    He is making the tournament more interesting for the average viewer, but of course that missed your superior knowledgeable mind.

It's like during football match a caster would say "that was a very smart attempt" and you would be like "omg nothing smart in that, its actually bad, that 1 player did shit wrong blablabla" just stfu. I remember this "rogue insane damage" phrase well and it was obvious in that current situation both teams were in same moment of fight and rogue was doing much more dmg than any other player from either team - caster pointed it out to show the average viewer that one team is pushing ahead is gaining advantage. But I guess you think that for your personal enjoyment he should instead discuss how specific talent that rogue chose gave him 10% dps advantage over the other commonly picked talent in this specific situation in this specific dungeon and how its more risky to take this talent blablabla boring the other viewers to death.
    No, it's a core part of sub rogue, a big part of their AoE is putting giant Eviscerate crits into targets every other GCD, which just so happens to work really well for those difficult pulls in bolstering where you have one mob with a lot of health and a lot of much weaker mobs that make it dangerous to blow 100% AoE. You don't understand this even now having seen that because the caster who doesn't know that couldn't tell you, so all you saw was a meter and someone who doesn't even know what a lot of DPS is reacting to it like an idiot.

Pointing out "oh this guy is doing damage!" is not useful nor is it entertaining for anyone of any knowledge/skill level. Making relevant commentary about the affix and mentioning how Sub rogue is useful in situations like that would be the goal of a caster. Just like how he didn't really understand any of the bosses, so he couldn't explain what was happening or anything else.

People who don't know anything about the game shouldn't be casting it. You wouldn't want someone who's never played a game of chess to be commentating on a world championship chess match. This is also why Sloot and Jak are generally crappy as well, because they can't speak to anything but a tanking and healing perspective, and so at best you get a low-level explanation of something or common strategy and maybe a mention of how/why something is difficult for the tank or healer.

The goal shouldn't be to fill every second of air with talking when 99% of it is useless. If the stream is actually better to watch muted, Blizzard has failed catastrophically.

The goal shouldn't be to fill every second of air with talking when 99% of it is useless.
    Have you actually watched any sports/esports or are you just trolling?

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    Have you actually watched any sports/esports or are you just trolling?
    They don't do it in sports and you can actually go watch sports in real life (I know, shocking) for entertainment and not have that annoying bullshit and it's still a very enjoyable thing, just to use your eyeballs to watch what's happening. If you have someone who actually knows much about SC2 and the meta and the history of the two players, it works well in that game because there's actually useful things to be talking about that most people would never notice, and it tends to be relevant.

Where's the usefulness of non-stop filling air with discussion not about the things happening on screen or repeating obviously stupid things to say like Rich's several minute long "I'm going to hype this moment up" where he's hyperventilating and talking about how close the two teams are in NL and how the "behind" team with far more deaths caught up on the boss without taking a fucking microsecond to realize the other team was being incredibly safe because they were miles ahead? Let's get hype, talk in a higher voice, talk faster, say "OH MY" as if something big is happening, like a major upset is happening, oh and look it's not close at all and there was no chance at all, one person dies THE WORLD IS ENDING THIS IS THE END OF THE RUN FOR THE TEAM.. nope, nevermind the boss died.

This is literal cancer, it's not enhancing the stream at all, it was completely wrong and completely useless. Someone dies in a stream, how do we react, maybe remarking as why and whether or not that's actually a big problem, or screaming "OH MY GOD THIS COULD BE A WIPE"?

The talk show bullshit is useless. Real sports don't do this (or it gets muted, coming from a family that had sports on TV almost every day of my life, so yes I watched a LOT of it), and only shitty esports companies do it. Unless there's something relevant to say, some actual useful discussion to have, there shouldn't be talking. 50% of air time having relevant discussion vs 100% being useless garbage would be infinitely better.

They don't do it in sports and you can actually go watch sports in real life (I know, shocking) for entertainment and not have that annoying bullshit and it's still a very enjoyable thing, just to use your eyeballs to watch what's happening. If you have someone who actually knows much about SC2 and the meta and the history of the two players, it works well in that game because there's actually useful things to be talking about that most people would never notice, and it tends to be relevant.

Where's the usefulness of non-stop filling air with discussion not about the things happening on screen or repeating obviously stupid things to say like Rich's several minute long "I'm going to hype this moment up" where he's hyperventilating and talking about how close the two teams are in NL and how the "behind" team with far more deaths caught up on the boss without taking a fucking microsecond to realize the other team was being incredibly safe because they were miles ahead? Let's get hype, talk in a higher voice, talk faster, say "OH MY" as if something big is happening, like a major upset is happening, oh and look it's not close at all and there was no chance at all, one person dies THE WORLD IS ENDING THIS IS THE END OF THE RUN FOR THE TEAM.. nope, nevermind the boss died.

This is literal cancer, it's not enhancing the stream at all, it was completely wrong and completely useless. Someone dies in a stream, how do we react, maybe remarking as why and whether or not that's actually a big problem, or screaming "OH MY GOD THIS COULD BE A WIPE"?

The talk show bullshit is useless. Real sports don't do this (or it gets muted, coming from a family that had sports on TV almost every day of my life, so yes I watched a LOT of it), and only shitty esports companies do it. Unless there's something relevant to say, some actual useful discussion to have, there shouldn't be talking. 50% of air time having relevant discussion vs 100% being useless garbage would be infinitely better.
    I mean.. on some points you are right, but at the same time, it's harder to cast it when you have literally no idea who the players are. You should be able to talk about their past, what classes they play, how experienced they are.. but that's pretty hard with chinese nobodies.

On the other hand, pointing out that a team might be wiping unless they are very careful is useful - it attracts attention to the correct thing at the correct time. Sure, screaming it again and again is stupid, but sometimes they get carried away and chat can just laugh it off.

Was interesting to watch, would like to have links to exact gear used and talents. I think someone said the Chinese teams were likely to be weaker than the other 3 regions, surprised to see so many deaths and wipes on non tyrannical bosses. I expect we'll see the est teams from EU with much tighter play, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Grimnakh View Post
    Was interesting to watch, would like to have links to exact gear used and talents. I think someone said the Chinese teams were likely to be weaker than the other 3 regions, surprised to see so many deaths and wipes on non tyrannical bosses. I expect we'll see the est teams from EU with much tighter play, but who knows?
    The desire for speed leads to cutting corners which leads to deaths. Sure you can take it a little safer but then you risk losing to the other team who is slightly riskier.

If EU players are better they will cut bigger corners and risk death all the same.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

The US in the best in the world when it comes to making money. I expect NA to win big here.