Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Halloween traditions

So it's that time of year with halloween quickly approaching and I'm kicking off the season with fresh pressed non pasteurized apple cider. Plan to take my nephew this year to the old prison in Mansfield (the one that they filmed Shawshank redemption in). It's a haunted house now and it's alot of fun. What traditions do you guys have for the season?
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mayhem008 View Post
    So it's that time of year with halloween quickly approaching and I'm kicking off the season with fresh pressed non pasteurized apple cider. Plan to take my nephew this year to the old prison in Mansfield (the one that they filmed Shawshank redemption in). It's a haunted house now and it's alot of fun. What traditions do you guys have for the season?
    I make a dish and leave it for the crows, then light candles and hold a bonfire party in my backyard for some friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I make a dish and leave it for the crows, then light candles and hold a bonfire party in my backyard for some friends.
    a real bonfire?

Or a city folk bon fire?

#IStandWithGinaCarano

7+ Year Old Account
    a real bonfire?

Or a city folk bon fire?
    This year will be closer to the top since I have some old furniture to torch in the pile, its a fairly big bonfire usually because I have a big gravel sand area to burn in. If decide to I could build a big wicker suite for the occasion but .... bleh who has the time.
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

This year will be closer to the top since I have some old furniture to torch in the pile, its a fairly big bonfire usually because I have a big gravel sand area to burn in. If decide to I could build a big wicker suite for the occasion but .... bleh who has the time.
    Good you do it properly then. I love bonfires.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

a real bonfire?

Or a city folk bon fire?
    I am pretty sure it is illegal to make such a large bonfire if you live in any kind of populated area...

While we don't celebrate haloween much in Denmark, we do make huge bonfires for other holidays. I used to go to the nearby beach where there were celebrations every year, with a huge bonfire.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    I am pretty sure it is illegal to make such a large bonfire if you live in any kind of populated area...

While we don't celebrate haloween much in Denmark, we do make huge bonfires for other holidays. I used to go to the nearby beach where there were celebrations every year, with a huge bonfire.
    maybe but nobody will say anything. Unless they're assholes.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I usually hit the town (I live in Madrid, Spain, so usually here Halloween is just an excuse to get drunk, party and girls to dress slutty).

Every year the family visits our mother during Halloween, let the kids do their trick o' treating while the rest of us enjoy her colcannon.

And then the stereotypical watching of horror films for the night.
    Last edited by Daedius; 2017-09-16 at 10:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always go to a buddies. We smoke BBQ, weather permitting, and pass out candy to the kids. And liquid "candy" to the dads. You can work up a powerful thirst following those goblins around.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

I have none.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not really a thing here except as an excuse to get drunk, so... I will just be home and post in gen.OT as sad as that might sound.

Nice, "traditional"? I live in the woods (basically) and while I love the Wildlife that surrounds me, sadly it means no Bonfire for me. I will Light my candles, make my offerings, and Celebrate as I know best.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsgrace View Post
    Nice, "traditional"? I live in the woods (basically) and while I love the Wildlife that surrounds me, sadly it means no Bonfire for me. I will Light my candles, make my offerings, and Celebrate as I know best.
    As traditional as I can keep it. Thankfully I have a nice clearing that is rather marshy to use. Or at least it is right now and likely will be by then. If conditions stay dry it might have to be a smaller more contained affair. The feast is a must, but admittedly some years its dry and I cannot do the bonfire as big some years.
    Last edited by Theodarzna; 2017-09-16 at 10:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    I am not ready for fall OR CHRISTMAS AS SOME STORES HAVE A CHRISTMAS AISLE ALREADY.
    don't forget the whole assorted pumpkin spice products accompying fall! like this one i found this year:
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

carnival 2.0
    hence a perfect excuse to dance in some rave

As traditional as I can keep it. Thankfully I have a nice clearing that is rather marshy to use. Or at least it is right now and likely will be by then. If conditions stay dry it might have to be a smaller more contained affair. The feast is a must, but admittedly some years its dry and I cannot do the bonfire as big some years.
    Sounds wonderful, a lot of Friends and Family I hope. I tend to have solo affairs myself, Easy to plan and produce, but not nearly as boisterous. But you make due with what you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    We usually just take the kids out trick-or-treating. I don't really enjoy this holiday, as I hate spending all night checking candy.
    Tampered candy is supposed to be an urban legend. There's never been a case were they found candy that was tampered with.

Read that somewhere, I'd google it to make sure.

Police have never documented actual cases of people randomly distributing poisoned goodies to children on Halloween.

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/poison/halloween.asp

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    don't forget the whole assorted pumpkin spice products accompying fall! like this one i found this year:
    I don't know anyone who is buying this crap. I would be interested in what focus groups companies are using, that they're pushing so many pumpkin spice products.

Probably the same 24 year old woman in every focus group, who snorts pumpkin spice mix in the bathroom between group meetings.