Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have more of a problem that she's an unhinged lunatic, who's been promoting a Communist overthrow of the government for the last several months...
    ON WEDNESDAYS WE WEAR PINK

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Former CIA Acting Director Michael Morell on Thursday announced his resignation as a senior fellow at Harvard after the university named U.S. Army soldier-turned-convicted felon Chelsea Manning a visiting fellow.

Manning will take on the role at Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, the school said on its website.
    Now Playing

Chelsea Manning released from prison
    Close

“She speaks on the social, technological and economic ramifications of Artificial Intelligence,” the Harvard announcement said. “As a trans woman, she advocates for queer and transgender rights as @xychelsea on Twitter.”

Morell, a former CIA deputy director who twice served as acting director, announced his resignation from Harvard's Belfer Center was a result of Manning's appointment, saying he couldn't be part of an organization "that honors convicted felon and leaker of classified information."

"Senior leaders in our military have stated publicly that the leaks by Ms. Manning put the lives of U.S. soldiers at risk," Morell said. "I have an obligation in my conscience -- and I believe to the country -- to stand against any efforts to justify leaks of sensitive national security information."

Many people were flabbergasted the university gave Manning the title, calling it “unbelievable” that a person convicted of espionage could be considered a “fellow.”

“Of all the veterans who honorably served...Harvard hires Chelsea Manning who was convicted of espionage. Unbelievable,” retired gunnery sergeant Jessie Jane Duff wrote on Twitter.

“I'm loyal to Harvard, but I think I'll forego IOP events this fall. (I'd feel the same way if Chelsea Manning were still Bradley Manning.)” pundit Bill Kristol said. Manning replied: “Awesome ! can you ask @Seanspicer to do the same ? #WeGotThis.”

“#Bizarre; @Harvard names #ChelseaManning as #VisitingFellow on #LGBT.. He's more qualified to speak on #Treachery,” tweeted David Higgins, who identifies himself as having been in the U.S. Army.

“Seriously @Harvard?? Enabling a traitor to our country? You need to check your stupidity,” another user wrote on Twitter.

“How to become a Harvard Visiting Fellow: Leak 700,000 classified documents & get convicted of 6 espionage charges,” user J Michael Waller tweeted.

“And Harvard just named him a visiting fellow along with Chelsea Manning. Good examples for students on how to slime your way to the top,” another person wrote.

“Chelsea Manning Was Convicted of Leaking Classified Info — So Naturally, Harvard Sent Her a Job Offer,” a tweet read.

Manning, who was known as Bradley Manning before transitioning, was released from prison in May after serving seven years for leaking classified government materials to WikiLeaks. She was convicted in 2013 of espionage, theft and computer fraud, earning her a 35 year prison sentence -- until former President Barack Obama commuted the sentence.

CHELSEA MANNING FREED FROM KANSAS MILITARY PRISON

Manning's release from jail was widely criticized by members of Congress, who considered Manning's leaks of the nation's most sensitive secrets a danger to America's safety. House Speaker Paul Ryan called the move "just outrageous."

The convicted felon did not directly address the new job on her social media accounts, except in her response to Kristol. She will be joining former White House press secretary Sean Spicer and campaign manager Corey Lewandowski as fellows in the 2017-2018 school year.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/09/14...ng-fellow.html

I think this is a bad move for Harvard, why would they hire a convicted traitor? Who would want that political firestorm?!

UPDATE!!! https://www.cbsnews.com/news/harvard...w-designation/
    Traitor to some, whistle blower to others...

read both these story's: https://www.theperspective.com/persp...-hero-traitor/

My opinion...she leaked stuff witch should make her a traitor. But the stuff she leaked was about crimes committed by the US army. And made the army a bit better by it. By learning from the mistakes. So she is no longer a criminal. She did something that makes her both a villain and a hero. But for her villain part she did the time. So now we should respect the hero part of her.

But it will always be a debate about her. Everyone who calls her a hero or villain without reading up on what she did and what she leaked is a idiot.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mittens View Post
    Hiring literal traitors, stay classy Harvard.
    traitor means she wanted to do harm and profit from it. She did commit a crime..but i would rather say a whistleblower.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Desareon View Post
    I have more of a problem that she's an unhinged lunatic, who's been promoting a Communist overthrow of the government for the last several months...
    ???? taught we where talking about Chelsea manning and not Donald trump?

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    What in the world were they thinking, and what in the world are they thinking now, to still allow him to speak?

The Left in America has lost all grip on reality...

- - - Updated - - -

I think the irony that the statues are of Democrats is lost on them. Also, now they have taken to putting Burkas on them, despite their insistence that there be no displays of religion on public property.

- - - Updated - - -

I think execution is a valid, and legal means of disposing with traitors. Manning should have been hanged. Period. War time treason is NOT a forgivable offense, under any circumstance.
    What makes someone a traitor? Many people would consider Trump, Arpaio, and Allen West to be traitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    What makes someone a traitor? Many people would consider Trump, Arpaio, and Allen West to be traitors.
    I guess everyone can have their own standard. Mine is being convicted of treason in a court of law. Yours appears to be "people whose views I disagree with", which is pretty much par for the course with Democrats.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    Yea? What should've happened to the people committing murder and covering it up then? Didn't see any penalty slapped on them.
    What people? What are you on about now?

I guess everyone can have their own standard. Mine is being convicted of treason in a court of law. Yours appears to be "people whose views I disagree with", which is pretty much par for the course with Democrats.

- - - Updated - - -

What people? What are you on about now?
    He wasn't convicted of treason in a court of law, very few people ever have been in this country. So, even by your own standard, you are wrong in your assertion that he should have been hanged.

I'm not a Democrat. However, I do support things like the United States Constitution and the Geneva Conventions. All three of them have shown disregard for at least one of the two.

Deleted
    The fuck is she doing teaching AI?

Does swapping vag to dick mean you suddenly know tech development and algorithms?

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    He wasn't convicted of treason in a court of law, very few people ever have been in this country. So, even by your own standard, you are wrong in your assertion that he should have been hanged.

I'm not a Democrat. However, I do support things like the United States Constitution and the Geneva Conventions. All three of them have shown disregard for at least one of the two.
    Being convicted of violating the Espionage Act, is close enough to treason for me. Just because it was military court, with different terms, doesn't make his crimes any less significant.

Your notion that merely espousing views you disagree with, amounts to a similar crime of treason, is disgusting, amoral, and unintelligent.

Being convicted of violating the Espionage Act, is close enough to treason for me. Just because it was military court, with different terms, doesn't make his crimes any less significant.

Your notion that merely espousing views you disagree with, amounts to a similar crime of treason, is disgusting, amoral, and unintelligent.
    Well, it really does make a difference. You specifically said that anyone convicted of treason. It may be close enough for you, but then again you tend to be wrong a great deal. Add this to the list.

What straw man are you even fighting against? I can't even sort out where you get these comments from what I said.

The left has no moral compass, other than if you disagree with them, you are immoral. That's it.
    So...I explain the moral philosophy of the left (that holding power doesn't decrease moral culpability), and not only do you ignore everything I say, but you go on to say that the left has no moral principles.

And I'm the one strawmanning? Good lord, how can you have literally no self-awareness?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    What are you talking about? Cheney and Kissinger made the world a better place. They'll have a legacy. Manning won't be remembered outside of a Genders Studies course. You can keep him, I'll keep the educated ones and guys who were VPs or Cabinet Secretaries. And you're way off. The idiots who like Assanage and Manning are the same ones who think Snowden is a hero. Anyone with an IQ over 90 and has traveled 50 miles from their homes sees these yahoos as the narcissists that they are.
    Since I'll get infracted for posting photos, I'll just post links to GIS results. (Warning: NOT for the faint of heart)

The results of Dick Cheney's actions

The results of Henry Kissinger's actions

And as a bonus:

The results of Oliver North's actions

These people are war criminals, responsible for the maiming and murder of hunderds of thousands, if not millions. These people should be brought to The Hague, not being paid for speeches, book deals, and writing op-eds. The fact that our society doesn't punish these people, but punishes those that reveal their crimes is just evidence of our society's moral rot.

- - - Updated - - -

Hurting your fee-fees doesn't make someone insane.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    ...So now the left idolizes traitors and losers? A winner wouldn't have gotten caught.
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    Liberals want to pull down statues of traitors that are long dead and at the same time hire traitors that are alive today.

I just... dont get it? What's the idea here?
    Well, you see, the former were fighting for their ability to enslave other human beings. The latter exposed war crimes. This isn't that hard.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Well, you see, the former were fighting for their ability to enslave other human beings. The latter exposed war crimes. This isn't that hard.
    yet both are traitors, and both are losers(winners don't get caught.) So both should not be honored in any way shape or form if you have consistent logic, which the left typically shows a distinct lack of.

So which is it? You venerate traitors, or you hate them?
    O Flora, of the moon, of the dream. O Little ones, O fleeting will of the ancients. Let the hunter be safe. Let them find comfort. And let this dream, their captor, Foretell a pleasant awakening

Deleted
    What in the world were they thinking, and what in the world are they thinking now, to still allow him to speak?

The Left in America has lost all grip on reality...

- - - Updated - - -

I think the irony that the statues are of Democrats is lost on them. Also, now they have taken to putting Burkas on them, despite their insistence that there be no displays of religion on public property.

- - - Updated - - -

I think execution is a valid, and legal means of disposing with traitors. Manning should have been hanged. Period. War time treason is NOT a forgivable offense, under any circumstance.
    The left at least know the word reality. The right sadly enough thinks reality is filled with white men riding horses with double pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by kasuke06 View Post
    yet both are traitors, and both are losers(winners don't get caught.) So both should not be honored in any way shape or form if you have consistent logic, which the left typically shows a distinct lack of.

So which is it? You venerate traitors, or you hate them?
    This only makes sense if your view of morality is so shallow that it begins and ends with the legality of the actions in question.

This logic IS consistent. The thing you're missing is that the left doesn't take the legality of actions into consideration as to whether those actions are just. Just like how they don't take the positions of power or nationalities of the people involved when determining if certain actions are just. The right, conversely, weight these hierarchies and affiliations with the utmost importance, despite that they don't really change the outcome or moral culpability of these actions.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellboi View Post
    Not true at all, plenty of poor red counties with low crime rates (:
    The blue counties generally have 10 to a 100 times more population than all the red counties combined. Pretty logical the highest crime percentages are located where the population is the highest as there's more chance for conflict and retaliation to those conflicts by default. I mean that is pretty much basic statistics they taught us at the age of 12.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hurting your fee-fees doesn't make someone insane.
    Hah, what the fuck are you talking about? Promoting a Communist overthrow of the government is what makes you insane...
    Last edited by Synros; 2017-09-16 at 10:57 PM.

Hah, what the fuck are you talking about? Promoting a Communist overthrow of the government is what makes you insane...
    How so? /10char

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalkinDude View Post
    Photos of suicide bombers are Cheney's fault? He made them die for Allah? Do you extend this inane thought process to Obama, Clinton? Why stop there. Why not blame the founders. The English. The Dutch. The French. Might as well blame Rome and the Catholic Church for uniting Europe. Might as well blame the Greeks for Democracy and essentially founding western civilization. Chinese too, they invented gun powder. Strangely absent from your blame are the Arabs and Muslims who strap bombs to their chest. But as usual, you guys avoid personal responsibility with every stretch of the imagination.
    You...you ARE aware there were...bombing campaigns. White phosphorus. What the hell do you think the U.S. Army DID in Iraq.

10+ Year Old Account
    How so? /10char
    If you're seriously asking me to explain to you why a Communist overthrow of the government is a bad thing, then you're clearly not intelligent enough to comprehend any explanation I give you.

If you're seriously asking me to explain to you why a Communist overthrow of the government is a bad thing, then you're clearly not intelligent enough to comprehend any explanation I give you.
    Maybe you're just not intelligent enough to back up your claims? That seems more likely.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe you're just not intelligent enough to back up your claims? That seems more likely.
    Hahaha! Whatever you say, kid.