Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Not really, unless you are equating Nazis with terrorists. Also, given that you claimed that there are 1.6 billion terrorist I doubt your judgement.
    Where did I say there was 1.6 billion terrorists? I said there was 1.6 billion people that think fucking kids is fine.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Where did I say there was 1.6 billion terrorists? I said there was 1.6 billion people that think fucking kids is fine.
    There are neither.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    Nazis were mostly highly-educated so, no. Hitler managed to write a book.

That aside the white supremacist views you people tend to hold are mostly just as disgusting.
    who are these 'you people' you are trotting out?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

So you're a sociopath?
    And you're dishonest.

I have a conscience and I'm not anti-social. You can value logic and facts over feeling and still be normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    No, they don't produce superior outcomes. They produce better outcomes for specific beliefs which are personal. If I value inequality then a system that produces inequality is the better one for me, one that puts everyone at the same level does not produce a better outcome for me then, it would be a worse outcome than a system that promotes inequality.
    No. You would simply not like the system. The system would not be inferior because you don't like it. That's your problem. You're confusing "What I like" with "what works". Your positive or negative disposition towards the is completely meaningless. Systems that promote certain outcomes produce superior socities. There's a reason inclusive egalitarian societies are so much more successful than ones that are not. And it has ZERO to do with how much people "like them".
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    So, does that make @Connal a Nazi apologist/sympathizer since he said that Milo, Ben and Ann are not Nazis?
    He has to be now. If Ann is a Nazi, he apologized for her. Unfortunate.

Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    No. You would simply not like the system. The system would not be inferior because you don't like it. That's your problem. You're confusing "What I like" with "what works". Your positive or negative disposition towards the is completely meaningless. Systems that promote certain outcomes produce superior socities. There's a reason inclusive egalitarian societies are so much more successful than ones that are not. And it has ZERO to do with how much people "like them".
    There is no superior though. How good an ideology is, is very much reliant on personal values.

How would I know?

I dunno, you tell me. You seem to be an expert on who's a nazi/white supremacist. Do you think there's 100, 1000, 10,000, 100,000 + . What's your best guess? Also, I'm sure you've looked up the numbers being that you're an expert in Nazi/white supremacist facts.

Ann Coulter is absolutely a Nazi. Milo is a Nazi enabler. So is Ben, which makes him being a Jew pretty comical.
    Because she makes true statements like this?

Quote Originally Posted by urasim View Post
    And you're dishonest.

I have a conscience and I'm not anti-social. You can value logic and facts over feeling and still be normal.
    That's a nice phrase. What does that mean in context of your morality?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    What's even better is that the left have not only managed to lose an election against the biggest clown in American history to run for the presidency, but also refuse to understand why.

Middle America, namely the rust belt, have been the hardest his by globalism and manufacturing job loss. They looked to the democrats to give them hope, or at least a plan on how we could provide economic opportunity.
    This ironically is the progressive left view of why Trump won.

I'm normally on their side on most things but it is kind of bullshit. If it were true then they would have turned out more in the Democrat primaries and agitated for Sanders. Or maybe some other candidate.

The problem with Trump-as-saviour-of-the-working-class is that it is such obvious bullshit. He's a corporatist and globalist. He has been the face of corporatism in the US for my entire life-he's the poster boy for big business. It makes absolutely no sense for someone who has been exploiting people's labour all his life and his businesses in multiple countries to suddenly turn around and help the working class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    There is no superior though. How good an ideology is, is very much reliant on personal values.
    If you're just going to repeat yourself every 3 posts, I'm just going to repeat myself every post.

YOU. ARE. WRONG.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always find it kind of funny how people talk down about "leftists limiting free speech" for groups like neo-nazis or white supremacists whose inherent goal is to limit free speech and the rights of others.

Isn't that the whole "you have to tolerate our intolerance" sentiment?

If you want to argue that the people the leftists are "repressing" aren't neo-nazis or white supremacists, they should probably distance themselves from them, instead of tacitly allowing them to stand with them.

I mean, this sentiment comes from the same people saying that muslims can't be trusted because they don't think they denounce ISIS enough. But suddenly "well the white supremacists and neo-nazis showing up to support these rallies don't really stand for everyone there!"
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2017-09-17 at 12:06 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Not necessarily. Wrong for certain.
    Why do you give @Connal the benefit of the doubt when you don't give that same benefit to others? I mean, is it not possible that a lot of other people are just wrong instead of hateful?

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    All three are to some degree rabble rousers.

They play Q in this clip.

More or less they get off on upsetting and trolling people.

Deep Space Nine. Was pretty bad to start, but got much better after the first few episodes. Much like Voyager.

If you're just going to repeat yourself every 3 posts, I'm just going to repeat myself every post.

YOU. ARE. WRONG.
    Nope, I'm right. Your endorsement of western democracy as being the better outcome is a product of your personal beliefs.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account

YOU. ARE. WRONG.
    But what @Freighter is saying is objectively true, we cannot state there is a perfect ideology with any objective certainty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    I mean people like you who are forever finding some bullshit reason to defend those accused of racism whether it is unintentional, marginal or just straight out fucking obvious.

For a long while I used to give people like you the benefit of the doubt but not after Charlottesville. Any one who is doing anything other than condemning actual gun toting nazis taking over a fucking town is far right scum of the worst kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. You are wrong. Certain systems produce superior outcomes. Systems founded on genocide produce inferior outcomes.

This isn't even about morality anymore. Certain structures of government and society are better.
    And the system SJWs advocate for where the outgroup that they arbitrarily define and ascribe people to is subjected to violent repression is your preferred system with a 'superior' outcome?

You realize there are some nutjobs on this forum (like Elba, Mall Security, etc...) who genuinely think every single person not on their left is a fascist/fascist sympathizer and violence should be committed against them? And I say their left since they hand out the label fascist to even other leftists for merely disagreeing with antifa violence.