Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I oppose fascism
    How? /101010

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    How? /101010
    likely the same way you are, by posting on a video game forum saying you are opposed to it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

I've not seen him say anything bigoted. To be fair, I don't really pay attention to his posts. Ann, Milo and Ben have said plenty.
    But isn't Nazi apologia inherently bigoted? I mean, in the past you have told me that Nazi ideals are inherently violent, so isn't Nazi sympathy/apologia inherently bigoted at the very least? Even if that is based on wrong information?

And if that's wrong, then would it not be fair to say that anyone that holds bigoted views because of wrong information is not actually bigoted but is just wrong and a victim of disinformation?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Pretty easy... When any given unemployed communist "protestor" and his friends wake up at 3pm and go out for their daily riot, instead of destroying property and beating people, just don't do that.

Super simple.
    You ARE a modern day Gandhi!

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    likely the same way you are, by posting on a video game forum saying you are opposed to it.
    Yet to see him do even that.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    But isn't Nazi apologia inherently bigoted? I mean, in the past you have told me that Nazi ideals are inherently violent, so isn't Nazi sympathy/apologia inherently bigoted at the very least? Even if that is based on wrong information?

And if that's wrong, then would it not be fair to say that anyone that holds bigoted views because of wrong information is not actually bigoted but is just wrong and a victim of disinformation?
    Can you point me towards his Nazi apologia?

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mean, in the past you have told me that Nazi ideals are inherently violent
    does that not mean advocating violence makes one a Nazi enabler?

- - - Updated - - -

I mean, in the past you have told me that Nazi ideals are inherently violent
    does that not mean advocating violence makes one a Nazi enabler?
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    Wait...lol

So because leftists can't control themselves peaceful speakers should have to shoulder the burden of security costs?

What are you going to say next, rape victims should pay for their own investigations because they might have been wearing a short skirt?
    I have a dream: At some point, some day, I want to see the Right take responsibility for their actions.

Till then, sadly, the left will foot the bill for the continuing follies of the right. Seems to be the modern day American Way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    Except that the systemic annihilation and destruction of an entire race of people is the sole reason the US is at all a country or a world power. Most of history has been dominated nearly exclusively by theocracies, military juntas and slavery, indeed one could argue its the longest running type of societies on earth. This society on the other hand is young, responsible for the worst ecological crisis that will likely topple it, abusing much of the environment as just a major shinning example. I think you are not aware of what longevity means or even stability.
    Your comparisons are too insane to even be entertained in a response.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he said it right here.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I oppose fascism
    and by him posting it here he's doing just as much as you are.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    Yea but that then goes down the path of allowing people to act like terrorists to prove people out of speaking.
    Nonsense, the security I spoke about actively deters the terrorists. It work last week in Berkeley. Pretty quiet event compared to most other similar recent events. The difference I want to see is that instead of Berkeley and other municipalities being forced to protect these people, these people pay to protect themselves.

( I almost sound like a conservative there: expecting people to be responsible for themselves)

Can you point me towards his Nazi apologia?
    He said that Ann, Milo and Ben are not Nazis. I asked if that makes him a Nazi apologist. You indicated that it might, but he might also just be wrong. I assumed that if he's wrong, (instead of intentionally malicious) then you would consider him to not be a Nazi apologist, but that his speech is unintentional Nazi apologia. Is that an incorrect assumption? If that assumption is incorrect, does that not mean that the morality of one's speech has more to do with intentions than content, since a malicious person saying that Ann, Milo and Ben would be labeled Nazi apologists by you but @Connal would not because he is wrong?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Let's say we introduced a political system similar to Singapore in USA overnight, what do you think would happen? Would it result in USA being on the same level of stability as Singapore?
    That depends, which elements of society do you believe Singapore has in difference to the USA?
    Can your people vote?
    Can your people express their opinions (more or less) freely?
    Are people at least, under the law, equal?
    Are people free to choose their religion, or lack of religion, without government persecution?
    Can the government of singapore seize your property without reason?
    Can the government of singapore station troops in your home?
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    Your comparisons are too insane to even be entertained in a response.
    I'll take that as you have none. I mean you argued for stability and longevity but then argued the longest running system of power are the "unstable short lived one".
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Nonsense, the security I spoke about actively deters the terrorists. It work last week in Berkeley. Pretty quiet event compared to most other similar recent events. The difference I want to see is that instead of Berkeley and other municipalities being forced to protect these people, these people pay to protect themselves.

( I almost sound like a conservative there: expecting people to be responsible for themselves)
    That's doesn't sound like conservatism, that's far right fiscal conservatism. Anarcho-Capitalism is what that's called. Me, I'm more of a big government lefty kind of guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'll take that as you have none. I mean you argued for stability and longevity but then argued the longest running system of power are the "unstable short lived one".
    You are comparing ancient societies to modern ones. You can't talk about what used to be functional when ya know, there were less than a billion people on the planet and we didn't know how to make steel.

Beyond that, even in classical times many of the same themes remain true. Oppression and violence as a foundation for government results in shorter-term success than nations that were not founded on those elements.

Just, be kind.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    The difference I want to see is that instead of Berkeley and other municipalities being forced to protect these people, these people pay to protect themselves.
    prefer to see the terrorists hunted down and arrested.

Reduce the security costs of what are just speeches and talks
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would take Milo seriously. He is purposefully playing with the media, because they are easy to manipulate.

Ann is in it for the money. She is a bit like the female right version of Bill Maher.

Ben is a standard religious conservative.

They are not Nazis.
    I don't mean any offense whatsoever, but I do not care what you think. I am asking @Elba what he thinks about what you think. I am not agreeing or disagreeing with you; I just want to know what Elba believes.

I think he said it right here.
    That doesn't mean anything.

and by him posting it here he's doing just as much as you are.
    If you think so.

He said that Ann, Milo and Ben are not Nazis. I asked if that makes him a Nazi apologist. You indicated that it might, but he might also just be wrong. I assumed that if he's wrong, (instead of intentionally malicious) then you would consider him to not be a Nazi apologist, but that his speech is unintentional Nazi apologia. Is that an incorrect assumption? If that assumption is incorrect, does that not mean that the morality of one's speech has more to do with intentions than content, since a malicious person saying that Ann, Milo and Ben would be labeled Nazi apologists by you but @Connal would not because he is wrong?
    Depends. Apologia requires knowledge/understanding and/or intent. Other things don't.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's doesn't sound like conservatism, that's far right fiscal conservatism. Anarcho-Capitalism is what that's called. Me, I'm more of a big government lefty kind of guy.
    Conservatism doesn't sound like conservatism because its fiscal conservatism? LOL

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smrund View Post
    You are comparing ancient societies to modern ones. You can't talk about what used to be functional when ya know, there were less than a billion people on the planet and we didn't know how to make steel.

Beyond that, even in classical times many of the same themes remain true. Oppression and violence as a foundation for government results in shorter-term success than nations that were not founded on those elements.
    You said longevity and stability, yet only count what? a century? You then are not measuring by longevity, and without longevity you are hardly measuring stability.

- - - Updated - - -

Anarcho-Capitalism would be very unlikely to have Capitalism in it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.