Page 51 of 53 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bapestar View Post
    Having the opinion, that white people shouldn't use the word is not racist. Why would you even want to use it? No matter how you try to twist it, a black person saying nigga is more acceptable than a white person saying nigger. And honestly it shouldn't be and noone including black people, should be using any form of the word. But that's not how things are.
    It doesn't matter why anyone would want to use it, that's irrelevant. But allowing the use [of anything] based on skin colour is pretty much the exact definition of discrimination based on ethnicity, ergo racism. You might not even realize it, but you're actually advocating for double standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    This entire thread is full of people defending the use of a racial slur. And there's a reason the only people that go to places like 4chan or MMO-Champion are either people so vile that no one wants to be around them IRL, or masochists.

And...well...you can't argue with results.
    Is it? I might have missed all those posts of people defending the use of the word nigger. I'll try too scroll back a few pages, maybe you're not just making it up to prove some ridiculous point.

As for your results: I wasn't aware that you were literally referring to strict forum moderation. In that case, sure, house-rules count and the forum's owner decides what can and can not be written.

I was referring to something that actually matters: general freedom of speech.

Stop being so pathetically weak. Stop blaming racism for every adversity in your life. It's fucking sad.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-16 at 08:57 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nocturnus View Post
    Exactly. I too hope Firewatch's devs get sued into oblivion; those tweets were beyond pathetic.
    I hate to break it to you but there is basically no realistic chance Pewdiepie would win in court. He's not a reviewer, he's a Let's Player that recorded the entire game and talked over it. To make matters worse Firewatch is essentially a linear story, so there is pretty much no way to argue that a Let's Play isn't a substitute for the game. And since they're stated goal is simply to have the videos removed it requires very little evidence to be enforced.

That being said I don't think this will go to court, but if it does I fully expect that the consequences will be massive either way.

It's disappointing how many racists this forum has on it.

Stop being so pathetically weak. Stop blaming racism for every adversity in your life. It's fucking sad.
    what do you expect from a fedora tipping mongoloid like him who spends his days on twitter defending his pedophiliac SJW buddies.

You people that keep saying black people need to stop saying nigga clearly never grew up in a multicultural area where latinos asians and white people also say nigga... you guys are so terribly sheltered it is pathetic.

Actually the overwhelming majority of the time I hear a person say nigga like an actual live person not some random person on tv (and that's many of yours only interaction with black people "some guy on tv") they're not even black.

However no one cares usually because nigga is in no way similar to the usages of nigger. People don't scream nigga when upset but instead use it as a term of endearment

White people wanting to say nigger as an insult or curse word and cite that blacks (when really it is everyone with a specific urban culture regardless of race) say nigga is just super retarded. "I want to say nigger to insult people and as a curse when mad but not be racist why do those black people get to say nigga a word they're using as a friendly term of endearment with no negative connotation. Oh woe is me woe is me white people cant do anything without being racist. I just wanna say nigger and faggot and not be racist and homophobic "

It is fucking retarded.
    Last edited by Themius; 2017-09-16 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Oberyn Martell View Post
    It's much more complex than that really.

There will always be a set of cultural norms which a society, any society, will maintain to separate the civil and educated from the non-civil and lower class. Not using the n-word as a person isn't very different from not farting in public or picking your nose. It's no different from not walking around with your face pierced and tattooed.

As soon as you try to take away the taboo on these people will want new guidelines by which to separate themselves from the rabble.
    Living by personal morals, is different than prohibiting. I'm not advocating the use of "nigger", nor am I advocating cencorship of any kind; people should say whatever they want to say based on their own standards, thus distinguishing the civil from the not civil.

Is it? I might have missed all those posts of people defending the use of the word nigger. I'll try too scroll back a few pages, maybe you're not just making it up to prove some ridiculous point.
    You missed the entire thread?

Oh, you misunderstand. I don't expect stamping out racism to improve my life personally. I just want to stamp it out because I want to see the lives of others improve and that it's the right thing to do.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post

It is fucking retarded.
    I agree....
    Last edited by mmoc1414832408; 2017-09-16 at 09:43 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Living by personal morals, is different than prohibiting. I'm not advocating the use of "nigger", nor am I advocating cencorship of any kind; people should say whatever they want to say based on their own standards, thus distinguishing the civil from the not civil.
    OK - so apply that to a primary / elementary and secondary / high school schooling.

You're suggesting that kids should be allowed to use offensive language directed at others in a malicious way that is intended to hurt? That it solely distinguishes "the civil from the not civil"!

So, my 10 year old can call her teacher a "black dyke cunt" and not face any repercussions? It distinguishes her as being ill-bred?

Really?

Why would the level of offence taken differ according to the age of the person making the insult? Therefore - why should adults be immune to punishment under the guise of not "advocating censorship of any kind"?

It doesn't matter why anyone would want to use it, that's irrelevant. But allowing the use [of anything] based on skin colour is pretty much the exact definition of discrimination based on ethnicity, ergo racism. You might not even realize it, but you're actually advocating for double standards.

As for your results: I wasn't aware that you were literally referring to strict forum moderation. In that case, sure, house-rules count and the forum's owner decides what can and can not be written.

I was referring to something that actually matters: general freedom of speech.
    Stop being so pathetically weak. Stop blaming racism for every adversity in your life. It's fucking sad .
    A double standard I guess, but not racist.
    Last edited by Bapestar; 2017-09-16 at 11:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

A double standard I guess, but not racist.
    You can dance around it as much as you want; but allowing or prohibiting the use of anything merely because you're part of a particular ethnic group is racism.

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    OK - so apply that to a primary / elementary and secondary / high school schooling.

You're suggesting that kids should be allowed to use offensive language directed at others in a malicious way that is intended to hurt? That it solely distinguishes "the civil from the not civil"!

So, my 10 year old can call her teacher a "black dyke cunt" and not face any repercussions? It distinguishes her as being ill-bred?

Really?

Why would the level of offence taken differ according to the age of the person making the insult? Therefore - why should adults be immune to punishment under the guise of not "advocating censorship of any kind"?
    Comparing this to the education of children is beyond stupid. If you apply strict cencorship in your children's upbringing I genuinely pity them. Do you also force them to wear a headscarf? Or drag them to church?

As a father of three, I explain, I elucidate, I don't prohibit. My goal is to encourage certain behaviour out of intrinsic interest and not out of fear of being grounded.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-17 at 06:04 AM.

You can dance around is as much as you want; but allowing or prohibiting the use of anything merely because you're part of a particular ethnic group is racism.
    Not really. I can insult my mum. You can't.

You = oppressed group. Using slur =

You ≠ oppressed group. Using slur =

I mean, you can call a black person using the n-word racist, but you'd probably just be laughed at.

Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Not really. I can insult my mum. You can't.

You = oppressed group. Using slur =

You ≠ oppressed group. Using slur =

I mean, you can call a black person using the n-word racist, but you'd probably just be laughed at.
    First the ludicrous example with school rules, now this? Have IQs suddenly dropped? Where are these impressively ignorant comments coming from all of a sudden?

You don't call a black man racist for saying nigger, you call that man stupid. But laying down rules based on discrimination - If you're black you can say nigger, if you're white you can't - is racism. It's the exact definition of racism.

I hate to break your bubble, but I can in fact, insult your mother, however I want to and as often as I want to.

But guess what, that has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand. I should stop replying to people that quote me without actually understanding what I wrote.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    You missed the entire thread?
    No, I haven't. But I'm pretty sure you've failed to understand three quarters of it if that's the conclusion you've drawn.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-17 at 09:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal opinion but way too many people get offended over words. I'm half black and half white, been called "nigger", "mulatto", and much more. The fact is it is words, most people who have said it to me are either people online or inmates at my work. In the end it is just a word that only holds meaning if I personally let it hold meaning.

The only thing that bothers me is if people seriously offend/hurt people I am with. Outside of that it is a word and most people getting upset over what Pewdiepie said are either uneducated peons or people who get offended by anything including a gust of wind gently hitting them in the face -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    Comparing this to the education of children is beyond stupid. If you apply strict cencorship in your children's upbringing I genuinely pity them. Do you also force them to wear a headscarf? Or drag them to church?

As a father of three, I explain, I elucidate, I don't prohibit. My goal is to encourage certain behaviour out of intrinsic interest and not out of fear of being grounded.
    Hah! No, I'm an atheist. My kids can come to their own conclusions in the fullness of time. I don't force them to do anything. Generally speaking, it's vice versa - I know my place.

As a parent, I like to think I strike a sensible balance, whereas your views come across as being a little extreme. And I don't think it's just me who'd say that.

Good luck to you! Peace.

You can dance around it as much as you want; but allowing or prohibiting the use of anything merely because you're part of a particular ethnic group is racism.
    I'm not prohibiting the use of the word.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Ah come on Granyala, there's several possible reasons for it. A few that would get us banned here like pointing out a deficite in his mental capacity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    Man I swear, every time someone uses the term 'Critical Thinking' I want to pop em in the mouth.

I consider this affair a victory for Pewdiepie.

The Firewatch dev tried to incite other game companies to DMCA takedown Pewdiepie.

Yet what happened was that other studios closed ranks around Pewdiepie and took no action.

Meanwhile the Firewatch studio has taken a huge hit in Steam reviews and consumer blacklisting.

I'm not prohibiting the use of the word.
    No, except if you're white, right?

Having the opinion, that white people shouldn't use the word is not racist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    whereas your views come across as being a little extreme.
    There's absolutely nothing extreme about teaching your children morals based on intrinsic values, rather than rules. Quite the contrary.

You won't hear my daughters use the word nigger, or any other insult for that matter. Not because I forbade them to, but because they don't want to.
    Last edited by nocturnus; 2017-09-18 at 06:19 AM.

If you say the N word it doesn't mean that it's a black person. N word could also be a white person.

all world governments haven't united to nuke pewdiepies house together for his incredibly world shattering universe shaking racist word?
    count me surprised