10+ Year Old Account
    If you love a crafting MMO Runescape is right up your alley. Crafting fucking central right there. 99 levels in every skill, and there are dozens. You can learn everything, there isn't really a class system. There are multiple forms of combat, with a WoW style ability system being one and a classic mode (auto-attacks and item use only) as well, always your choice what to take. There are multiple servers that are easily hopped between, sometimes dedicated to special things. Want to have a day of leveling up your runecrafting? Log into a runecrafting server and chat with all the people doing the same grind as you to help pass the time. Granted, there is a lot, a LOT of mindless grinding, but it's slowly been getting better over the years. From the start of the game there have been 99 levels to every skill, meaning every time the devs wanted to do something with the skill they add yet another way to level it, making the grind ever less monotonous. Best part? A good chunk of the game is FREE! Quests aren't just 'collect 10 bear asses', some quests require puzzle solving and out-of-the-box thinking, and take several days to complete or to reach the requirements for. Its a very satisfying system that lets you feel like each one is an important chapter in your story. Even the intro quests like helping a cook bake a cake has a high-level sequel quest, and slaying a low level demon is the first in many of the game's main story line.

Hi!

After watching GOT recently, I have a really strong mood for an RPG with a main story about undead including snow/ice/frost zones for that.
    Any recommendations? (Skyrim is mostly about random adventures and more like dragon themed )

Much appreciated!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Hi!

After watching GOT recently, I have a really strong mood for an RPG with a main story about undead including snow/ice/frost zones for that.
    Any recommendations? (Skyrim is mostly about random adventures and more like dragon themed )

Much appreciated!
    I think Dark Souls has ya covered, as well as Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Hell, in both games your CHARACTER is undead, so undeath are central points to the main story.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    I think Dark Souls has ya covered, as well as Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning. Hell, in both games your CHARACTER is undead, so undeath are central points to the main story.
    Thanks! Are there any more the style of Baldur's Gate and such? Should have mentioned perhaps :P
    Like having a party, classes etc with decent story

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    Thanks! Are there any more the style of Baldur's Gate and such? Should have mentioned perhaps :P
    Like having a party, classes etc with decent story
    Pillars of Eternity and Tides of Numerna come to mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    Pillars of Eternity and Tides of Numerna come to mind.
    The Divinity series as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am planning to play Trine 2 in pc but never played this series before and my friend recommended me this one specifically saying that Trinte 3 is kinda bad and 2 is the best of the series. So how is it ? I saw some video about it and it gave me a vibe of Ori the blind forest a little bit so yeah what do you think folks?
    Last edited by Velshin; 2017-08-22 at 09:17 PM.

So Im having trouble deciding between some games to buy tomorrow. Ys 8, persona 5, or trails of cold steel. Which would you guys recommend?

Note: If I get trails of cold steel, I plan to get steins gate with it as I have $60 to spend atm and it's on sale on steam.

10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest Persona 5 to anyone who will listen. That game is just 100% polish. Hard to tell there is even a game under all the polish. Its an experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    So Im having trouble deciding between some games to buy tomorrow. Ys 8, persona 5, or trails of cold steel. Which would you guys recommend?

Note: If I get trails of cold steel, I plan to get steins gate with it as I have $60 to spend atm and it's on sale on steam.
    Persona 5 is definitively the "big" JPRG of the year. I would recommend getting it for the story, the premise, and for the unique gameplay of the persona games. If you played Persona 4 or earlier you know what to expect, and this alone should be reason enough to go for Persona 5 already four months ago. If you haven't played one of the earlier games, know that this game is perfectly standalone, and will have qualities that people outside the JRPG fan base can and will enjoy. Even Zero Punctuation liked it, despite strongly hating on JRPGs in general. While I will not call it the best game of all times, it is still a solid game whose fundamentally awesome qualities and polish will make it remembered in 10 years. The only thing it lacks to reach the legendary rank is that memetic quality. And it's really close to having that.

Trails of Cold Steel is by far the most pleasant surprise in the JRPG front this year. The game offers the amazing world building the Trails games are known for, and adds a ridiculously strong cast to convey a good story on top of it. The game is also fun to play, in short 3 out of 3 important pieces for making an awesome game are there. I must also add that it has drawn inspirations from the persona games, as there are relationship links in this game too. You might find the anime antics of the game to be a bit too much, or just about perfect - it depends on your preference really. Either way, the game is absolutely worth checking out if you have nothing more than a mere interest in JRPG games. If you do not enjoy the standard list of anime clichés, this game may not be for you though. I'm pretty sure Zero Punctuation would hate it

TLDR:
    Persona 5 is a must buy for anyone not an outright hater of turn based combat games.
    Trails of Cold Steel is a must buy for anyone with some interests in JRPGs. It's a really good specimen in the genre.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Persona 5 is definitively the "big" JPRG of the year. I would recommend getting it for the story, the premise, and for the unique gameplay of the persona games. If you played Persona 4 or earlier you know what to expect, and this alone should be reason enough to go for Persona 5 already four months ago. If you haven't played one of the earlier games, know that this game is perfectly standalone, and will have qualities that people outside the JRPG fan base can and will enjoy. Even Zero Punctuation liked it, despite strongly hating on JRPGs in general. While I will not call it the best game of all times, it is still a solid game whose fundamentally awesome qualities and polish will make it remembered in 10 years. The only thing it lacks to reach the legendary rank is that memetic quality. And it's really close to having that.

Trails of Cold Steel is by far the most pleasant surprise in the JRPG front this year. The game offers the amazing world building the Trails games are known for, and adds a ridiculously strong cast to convey a good story on top of it. The game is also fun to play, in short 3 out of 3 important pieces for making an awesome game are there. I must also add that it has drawn inspirations from the persona games, as there are relationship links in this game too. You might find the anime antics of the game to be a bit too much, or just about perfect - it depends on your preference really. Either way, the game is absolutely worth checking out if you have nothing more than a mere interest in JRPG games. If you do not enjoy the standard list of anime clichés, this game may not be for you though. I'm pretty sure Zero Punctuation would hate it

TLDR:
    Persona 5 is a must buy for anyone not an outright hater of turn based combat games.
    Trails of Cold Steel is a must buy for anyone with some interests in JRPGs. It's a really good specimen in the genre.
    Thanks for this! I already bought cold steel though I don't mind anime, and I love jrpgs so yea. Persona 5 is probably next on my list when I get the money.

Quote Originally Posted by dk3790 View Post
    Thanks for this! I already bought cold steel though I don't mind anime, and I love jrpgs so yea. Persona 5 is probably next on my list when I get the money.
    I'd also recommend the Trails in the Sky trilogy if you enjoyed Trails of Cold Steel, as it's ToCS' predecessor in the series.

Quote Originally Posted by OG-Tubbs View Post
    i am looking for something to play on my free time. I love to Social Aspect of WOW
    I would recommend Beyond Two Souls for PS3/PS4 if you like atmosphere - It's not an open world game, but you can play with a friend (two gamepads) through the storyline, not against each other. And also it feels very real.
    Also it's not that good as above or other AAA titles, but we develop a MMO strategy game with a small team of friends. I will appreciate if you give it a try, called Battle for the Galaxy, can be played on pc and mobile.

Deleted

Which popular MMORPG have most Endgame PVE contents ?

im looking MMORPG for long terma

Which mmorpg have most dungeons /raids? (also which mmorpg have hard dungeons /raids i dont want only easy mode )

which mmorpg have most endgame Dungeons / Raids drop

which mmorpg have most endgame gear ( t1/t2/t3..)(i dont want only 1gear / i dont want max gear after 1week and after dat nothing to do) i want slowly not crazy slow improving my gear/get better gear

also alot open world grind mobs/open world boss ...

5 and another stuff achievement

6. also can be nice if got nice PVP

10+ Year Old Account
    @AMT Games Whats the game in our avatar? It looks very much like early Command and Conquer.

I beefed up my specc to match today's demand for power.

And I don't really like or enjoy any of the new games that much. Shot myself kinda in the foot.

Does anyone know a game that involves using your brain? Building, crafting, a game that might take forever to complete? Something I could game for days on? I don't care about multiplayer.

Maybe something like a survival game? RPG elements are welcomed. Maybe something from Steam?

Looking for an MMO-RPG with crafting/farming system (raising animals) decent looking halllp!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

And I don't really like or enjoy any of the new games that much. Shot myself kinda in the foot.

Does anyone know a game that involves using your brain? Building, crafting, a game that might take forever to complete? Something I could game for days on? I don't care about multiplayer.

Maybe something like a survival game? RPG elements are welcomed. Maybe something from Steam?
    You are in luck, Survival games are really hot right now. Trouble is, most of them aren't too 'smart'. The best ones are ones you already know of, like Minecraft or Fallout 4. Subnautica is a great survival game with crafting and plenty to explore, but if you know what you are doing it is pretty short and still lacks an ending (although it is very close to being done.)

My best suggestion would be Rimworld. Look it up on Steam, see if it is right for you. Think Sci-fi dwarf fortress but much more user-friendly. It really encourages on the spot thinking, like, 'I'm out of medicine, should I amputate this guy's arm or should I risk his life to see if the infection heals? He's my best crafter', or, 'that girl is injured but that looks like a serious raid on the horizon, should I send her out to the frontlines even though she might bleed out?'

Quote Originally Posted by StayTuned View Post

Factorio - it's early access on Steam but it's more stable and feature reach than many released games - I have around 200 hours on it so far and I don't remember a single crash or issue (not to say it hasn't happened, I just can't recall it ever doing so!)

Edit: Forgot to mention - there's also a free demo you can try, available on Steam or the official website. It'll show some of the basics of the game.
    Last edited by Davemetalhead; 2017-10-03 at 09:00 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Anyone know a good co-op game I can play with my dad? His reaction speeds arent the best so don't want to play vs other players otherwise hots or overwatch would be good.
    We have recently finished borderlands 2 and play a bit of the coop on modern warfare 2 and 3.

I tried sven coop (built on the half life engine) but couldnt get it work.
    Like the look of http://store.steampowered.com/app/27...ombie_Defense/ and also http://store.steampowered.com/app/56...Reactive_Drop/

It doesn't have to be free to play but don't want to spend lots of money on a game I will barely play.