Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Ehm... A little problem happened in Driftwood and I couldn't talk my way out of it. We basically massacred everyone in the Merchant's square (Including a dog, several random dwarves and every single merchant that decided to join in...). I haven't missed any important quests from the merchants there, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aoewy View Post
    Do you lose anything by making a custom character, in term of story? Like if you select an origin character as your own, do you get extra content (like personal story chain quest or whatever)? Thank!
    I wouldn't say you lose anything persay, you can always do the other three companions and their stories on your next playthrough.

By making your own character you gain the ability to choose which tags you want. Origins have their own set tags that you can't change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Yes, I have limited time for games, so I prefer uncompromising quality over some second rate bullshit.

Maybe that's why I choose D:OS.
    Consoles aren't second rate unless all you think consoles are good for is CoD. Sitting on the couch playing local coop on Diablo 3 on the PS4 beats playing it online for me any day. Your opinion does not represent mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Decided to assign my companion as healer/summoner, been enjoying so far. Brother made himself a geomancer/fire mage since he's playing Undead, some poison abilities.

It's nice to summon different sort of totems to harass enemy, especially since I can have three of them active at a time. Totem damage doesn't seem that high alone, but once you've all three up and running, it's like having additional character. And can just choose whatever type I want by choosing on which surface I spawn it. Sometimes enemies even focus on them instead of more important targets, and I can just re-summon for cheap.

Any ideas if there's any resurrection spell, so I don't need to worry about resurrection scrolls later in the game?
    There is a Resurrect spell but it's kinda useless. You can resurrect a player but it sacrifices you instead supposedly. Called Last rites and requires 3 Necro.

Better off just pick pocketing most merchants for their scrolls, they usually carry 4 or more. And you can craft them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Salt Bae View Post
    There is a Resurrect spell but it's kinda useless. You can resurrect a player but it sacrifices you instead supposedly. Called Last rites and requires 3 Necro.
    Ugh.. sounds mostly like waste to me.. Hoped that they would have carried Resurrect -master spell.

I think i'm the only one playing Beast. According to the steam community forums where everyone else is playing Fane, Serbille, Red Prince or some form of Undead. : P
    I'm actually playing Beast as well, Dwarves are usually some of my favorite characters. Also for summoners do you think its worth 10 points in it if you're not going Lone Wolf?

Do I need to play the first one to get into this or can you just start from this and not miss out on story?

Quote Originally Posted by Iamanerd View Post
    I'm actually playing Beast as well, Dwarves are usually some of my favorite characters. Also for summoners do you think its worth 10 points in it if you're not going Lone Wolf?
    I guess it could work. You'd probably want Glass cannon to get your incarnate up and double buffed in the first turn. As long as you have another character to help put surfaces down for your totems and incarnate, you should be fine. There's a few rings and amulets with +Summoning on to help boost it up even more. Summoning also gets a Heal that restores magic armour, So you could pair it with Hydro in a team. Like 10 Summon / 5 Hydro / Utility spells from other schools for like a cleric type of character that can still pump out some damage. 10 Summoning is pretty much needed if you want your incarnate to stick around and be useful for the full duration.

The level 10 in summoning incarnate is essentially another character in terms of damage, so yeah. Still worth the investment.

Edit: Thought you might like to see my Incarnate.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1136273975 - Stats of the incarnate, with both buffs on. Not sure if incarnate scales Physical/Magical armour with lonewolf, but you'll get something similar at level 9-10 when this was taken.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1136273943 - Most abilities hits for the same at this level, depending on resistances of course. Eats through magic armour on enemies. Melee hits for around 70, has access to opportunist too.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2017-09-16 at 10:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Do I need to play the first one to get into this or can you just start from this and not miss out on story?
    First game is completely irrelevant to the story of the second. Just one or two references and a bit of background lore.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and has anyone come across a source orb yet? I'm on Chapter 2 and have yet to see one. Tired of using Fane's shape shifting mask, I want my own damn it!

Brewmaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    am i the only one doing lone wolf with 2 characters only?

seems fun when you have 2 beefy characters

I guess it could work. You'd probably want Glass cannon to get your incarnate up and double buffed in the first turn. As long as you have another character to help put surfaces down for your totems and incarnate, you should be fine. There's a few rings and amulets with +Summoning on to help boost it up even more. Summoning also gets a Heal that restores magic armour, So you could pair it with Hydro in a team. Like 10 Summon / 5 Hydro / Utility spells from other schools for like a cleric type of character that can still pump out some damage. 10 Summoning is pretty much needed if you want your incarnate to stick around and be useful for the full duration.

The level 10 in summoning incarnate is essentially another character in terms of damage, so yeah. Still worth the investment.

Edit: Thought you might like to see my Incarnate.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1136273975 - Stats of the incarnate, with both buffs on. Not sure if incarnate scales Physical/Magical armour with lonewolf, but you'll get something similar at level 9-10 when this was taken.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile...?id=1136273943 - Most abilities hits for the same at this level, depending on resistances of course. Eats through magic armour on enemies. Melee hits for around 70, has access to opportunist too.
    That is crazy, I'm going to look into a glass cannon build for my summoner. I'll probably do a lone wolf run later down the line. So far I've been loving the game, can't wait to get out of work and play all weekend.

The combat is challenging as shit! Mother of god, I have to low the difficulty two times already to win a combat already!

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    loving it so far the new summoner play style is pretty amazing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've gone from slaughtering everything in my path to having my face ground into the dirt by Voidspawn.

Together my party is pretty tough to beat, but when they're separated for whatever reason they tend to die within a few turns.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completed Act I - apparently four quests failed to check themselves as completed, slightly triggers me, but oh well, hopefully those will be patched.

Act II felt a bit hilarious - paid for prostitute and spent night together.. once we woke up, we were surrounded by dwarven thugs. I've a feeling that they were expecting for easy steal/kill, but when bear sized skeleton spider appeared out of nowhere and bit 40% of their health / each hit, it quickly turned into massacre. (Decided to go for normal difficulty to get hang of the "different" combat-system first)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    I've gone from slaughtering everything in my path to having my face ground into the dirt by Voidspawn.

Together my party is pretty tough to beat, but when they're separated for whatever reason they tend to die within a few turns.
    If you are talking about that cave thing when you get eaten, then yeah that was shit when everyone went solo.

By sheer luck I had decked out tank that could literally solo everything and a ranger who ported half map to him, so they swept all the place clean and freed the other guys.

Kinda silly a tank with reflection stacked up, things just killed themselves and the rest just go Captain America on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    I'm still rolling new characters without being sure what to go with >.<
    You can completely respec everything unlimited times anytime you want, so it's pretty unnecessary. Just go with it.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teaon View Post
    am i the only one doing lone wolf with 2 characters only?

seems fun when you have 2 beefy characters
    Nope.

My first play through is my custom female elf rogue paired with Sebile who is also a rogue, both have Lone Wolf.

And there's romance between the two including the narrated sex scene experience after resolving Sebile's quest
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Anyone able to confirm if it's got splitscreen? : )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anzaman View Post
    Act II felt a bit hilarious - paid for prostitute and spent night together.. once we woke up, we were surrounded by dwarven thugs. I've a feeling that they were expecting for easy steal/kill, but when bear sized skeleton spider appeared out of nowhere and bit 40% of their health / each hit, it quickly turned into massacre. (Decided to go for normal difficulty to get hang of the "different" combat-system first)
    Did this as an Undead. Was even more hilarious, I even went back for seconds with the lizard lady, convinced her with the option *Look Undead* when she was thinking about it. This has got to be the first game that I've played (As far as I remember) where you can actively engage in Necrophilia.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    If you are talking about that cave thing when you get eaten, then yeah that was shit when everyone went solo.

By sheer luck I had decked out tank that could literally solo everything and a ranger who ported half map to him, so they swept all the place clean and freed the other guys.

Kinda silly a tank with reflection stacked up, things just killed themselves and the rest just go Captain America on them.
    Yeah, had to use my tank to get out of that situation ressed my ranger, cleared the area with him, freed and ressed my battlemage main (who wound up in the room filled with vampiric voidwoken and was quickly slaughtered. Then I used my battlemage's high thievery and boney fingers to free my mage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by effs View Post
    Anyone able to confirm if it's got splitscreen? : )
    It has. Haven't tried myself but they showed it off in a Kickstarter diary.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Did this as an Undead. Was even more hilarious, I even went back for seconds with the lizard lady, convinced her with the option *Look Undead* when she was thinking about it. This has got to be the first game that I've played (As far as I remember) where you can actively engage in Necrophilia.

Yeah, had to use my tank to get out of that situation ressed my ranger, cleared the area with him, freed and ressed my battlemage main (who wound up in the room filled with vampiric voidwoken and was quickly slaughtered. Then I used my battlemage's high thievery and boney fingers to free my mage.

- - - Updated - - -

It has. Haven't tried myself but they showed it off in a Kickstarter diary.
    Yeah split screen is only with controllers though. Me and my brother trying it out.