Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Says who exactly?
    anyone who hasnt killed Mythic KJ yet but wants to

i agree that it's not much worth grinding your ass off

but you should do the general minimum requirements (like AP WQs, the raid, a high m+ etc)
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2017-09-16 at 09:35 AM.

If you only care for AP the most time efficient method probably is equipping a follower with as much "chance for AP"-things as possible (I think there are two legendaries for that), make him bodyguard and do AP WQs and maybe fast other WQs. Parallel you can run missions on the table. When doing WQs you can include emissaries, invasion points and Argus rares, PvP WQs (AP token every 2 honor levels, which is 2-3 quests) and Broken Shore WQs (1 token every 4 quests).
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2017-09-16 at 09:57 AM.

Magetower is up on eu too for some more hours with the "world quests have chance to give extra ap token" buff, do all world quests - easy time efficent ap. Combine this with a bodyguard with the chance to get AP token per worldquest completed equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    The stupidity of people in this thread is incredible.
    This is rich coming from someone who asked about a mount drop and got their answer a dozen times over and refused to believe anyone unless they posted GM conversations and screenshots and then got laughed out of the thread.

7+ Year Old Account
    As part of my daily routine, I complete all the elite world quests on argus, complete any invasions that spawn, open chests I come across during my time questing and killing rares that I come across but are not a part of the quest. I do the emissary quests also just for the legendary chance and so far ive been getting close to and sometimes a full level per day. I think im at level 64 on my wep.

Things I do for AP everyday (also grinding for prestige)

-Daily Heroic
    -Daily random BG
    -Daily rated BG (yolo group)
    -PVP Towers and FFA WQs
    -All AP WQs (I don't use a follower with AP items, rather have a stronger mission running team)
    -Mission Table
    -Daily Skirmish win
    -Daily Brawl win when it's up
    -Argus invasions

Weekly things:
    -One M10+
    -Mythic TOS farm
    -Normal NH is probably worth it
    -One boss LFRs queued as healer

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Meanwhile no one is actually answering his question.
    Why answer questions when you can bash people for caring more about character progression than you do.

The highest AP guy on my server said do every AP WQ and double invasion, Arcway/HoV spamming are also quite good.

Clearing every chest on Argus (but not every rare unless they're on the way) also seems quite good.

M0 only gives about 1B~ AP when you do every dungeon, so I'm not sure if it's worth the time investment unless you run out of Chests/WQs/Invasions and can't find a HoV or Arcway key.

Just like all of Legion OP - there is no need to grind AP at all.

The maths just punishes people who try to.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by chairmanmao View Post
    Things I do for AP everyday (also grinding for prestige)
    Quick estimate of time :

-Daily Heroic (90 minutes)
    -Daily random BG (60 minutes)
    -Daily rated BG (yolo group) (god knows - maybe 6 hours)
    -PVP Towers and FFA WQs (30 minutes)
    -All AP WQs (I don't use a follower with AP items, rather have a stronger mission running team) (60 minutes)
    -Mission Table (5 minutes)
    -Daily Skirmish win (infinite)
    -Daily Brawl win when it's up (infinite)
    -Argus invasions (45 minutes).

Excluding the infinite items - that's several hours a day.

Nope - too much work for me, I'll just let maths do all the hard work for me

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Quick estimate of time :

-All AP WQs (I don't use a follower with AP items, rather have a stronger mission running team) (60 minutes)

I think may have overestimated those times somewhat

-Daily Heroic (90 minutes) - with an average random group 12 to 15 minutes, in a guild group usually less than 10 minutes.
    -Daily random BG (60 minutes) - anywhere between 5 to 25 minutes.
    -Daily rated BG (yolo group) (god knows - maybe 6 hours) - never had one last more than an hour.
    -PVP Towers and FFA WQs (30 minutes) - it takes longer to fly between them than to do them. 2 to 3 minutes for each tower, maybe 5 to 10 mintues for FFA WQ.
    -All AP WQs (60 minutes) - 30 to 40 minutes max, again flying time takes longer than the WQ's.
    -Mission Table (5 minutes) - get an addon, no more than 45 seconds.
    -Daily Skirmish win (infinite) - no idea, never done one.
    -Daily Brawl win when it's up (infinite) - no idea, never done one.
    -Argus invasions (45 minutes). 20 to 25 minutes per invasion, if you get a bad group for the scenario. Usually quicker though.

90 minutes to do a daily heroic? lol

- - - Updated - - -

Quick estimate of time :

I dont aggre with your math.

-Daily Heroic (10 minutes)
    -Daily random BG (15 minutes)
    -Daily rated BG (yolo group) (depend if you have friends)
    -Importan AP WQs (20 minutes)
    -Daily Skirmish win (5 minutes)
    -Daily Brawl win when it's up (15 minutes)
    -Argus invasions (20 minutes).

More or less this in my case
    Also in many cases like the WQ's you do them in a sequence so is not that long.

I log on and complete missions and que a new set. I fly to argus and complete everything on the map (excluding profession/pet battles) after that I hs out of argus and complete all ap/pvp/emissaries I have (excluding 1 or 2 specific ap ones cos I dont find them enjoyable). This takes me about 2 hours per day. I also log on later in the evening and complete any new round of argus wq's.

This all while fucking around on my other screen. I'm not an animal.

Quote Originally Posted by HeiAggra View Post
    I dont aggre with your math.
    90+60+360+30+60+5+45 = 650 minutes, which is almost 11 hours.

Where is the maths you disagree with, I excluded the infinite ones for practical reasons.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by SFBayGamer View Post
    Now that the AP grind is back, what is currently the most time efficient AP grind? Purely AP, no consideration for loot as Im sure many of us are now comfortably past 940 equipped waiting for the Throne.

After clearing ToS, M+ to get 935 weekly, WQs on Argus that provide AP, burning up the app on the phone to keep follower missions going 24-7 with no down time, what are other people doing beyond that?? Specifically:

1.) Is clearing all dungeons in M0 mode worth the AP rewards given vs. time spent?
    2.) Is clearing all the Broken I. AP rewards the easiest, simplest solution?

Seems old raid content and LFR is not worth the time spent as the AP rewards are meager now.

thanks
    Old raid content got nerf'd, I believe. Only worth doing if you still need a legendary.

M0s aren't really worth unless you need legendaries either. There's no point going out the way to hunt all that AP only to get +30%^x (x = weeks) each week when the effective artifact level 'cap' so to speak is level 75. Wait for 4-5 more artifact knowledge at least then it's probably practical to actively aim for AP grinding.

There's no point doing the broken shore dailies for AP token hand-in's either. Just do the big blue AP missions if you can be bothered and any AP/Argussian Reach dailies on Argus. Doing the invasions is alright too since they give approx 170mill (double to 340mill) each and argunite which is useful.

But there is no AP grind yet. No point in grinding at all. To do so now is a waste of time. Blizz learnt their lesson from the 35/52 grinds and appear to have made it so getting 75 before the next raid will be comfortable. I expect this was done so they could tune mythic around everyone having it.

90+60+360+30+60+5+45 = 650 minutes, which is almost 11 hours.

Where is the maths you disagree with, I excluded the infinite ones for practical reasons.
    Sorry i can do all that in less the 2 hours a day!

Deleted
    THE 1 HOUR-A-DAY STRATEGY :

1- Do important AP 100M+ world quests + invasions + emissary chest (50 mn)
    2- Do order halls missions (200% chance => 230M AP per mission) (5 mn)
    3- Do MM+10 once a week (35mn/week =~ 5mn/day equivalent)

With AK increasing progressively, that strategy is the most SIMPLE and EFFICIENT to hit 75 before Antorus.
    Last edited by mmoce75d07e829; 2017-09-17 at 11:38 AM.

Only worth to grind if you are a few billion away from getting a new netherlight slot unlocked.

Tons of people did. Learn to read.

7+ Year Old Account
    That's because the answer to his question is really boring and obvious. The answer is wait 8 weeks. Go outside. Ride your bike. Play in the park with your dog. Watch a movie. Come back to WoW when AK is maxed and then do some world quests or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Lixion View Post
    The fastest way atm is to do every ap worldq.

Doing that will be an easy 8 bil a day atm.
    Plus doing all Rares and chests on argus, which will bring your AP/day up to 15 billion