Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Malfurion would probably chastise Illidan for saving Azeroth, again, while Tyrande is busy doing nothing.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, Asmongold isn't the brightest bulb.
    Don't need to be bright to remember Al'Akir. It was just not presented in an interesting way that would make anyone care to remember.

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, Asmongold isn't the brightest bulb.
    Say what you will about him but dude knows his raids. Al'akir was simply one of the most forgettable bosses in one of the most forgettable raids of the game.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since the voice acting from "where is my beloved" to the death of Ysera, I really don't wanna see them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    Malfurion and Tyrande have sucked so royally this entire expansion. Id rather forget about the both of them. Personally, id rather think Illidan is in the "fuck them both, ive got bigger things on my plate" frame of mind.
    I somewhat agree with this, but at least let it be acknowledged. It just doesn't make sense, from a realistic perspective that after literally dying and having his soul floating in the twisting nether, Illidan's brother and long time love interest (unrequited of course but still one with a LOT of history) with wouldn't even make an appearance or that Illidan wouldn't comment on it. The whole thing is just being ignored, which just doesn't feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by ablock87 View Post
    It looks increasingly clear, to me, that this brotherly reunion will never happen, and it bugs me. There's no way Malfurion and Tyrande don't know that Illidan is currently at the helm against Sargeras and the Legion.

Yes, I get that they "settled their differences" in WC3, but that doesn't really excuse the story to ignore them when they are so close to each other. Malfurion has been all but forgotten since the end of Xavius. Worse than that, Tyrande has been a no-show since the fall of Ysera. The love triangle is in the same place, during Azeroth's most daunting trial since the War of the Ancients...and they simply don't meet up.

I can't be the only one annoyed by this, am I? Do you guys think they will meet before the end of the expansion? Or will they simply ignore each other.
    Cos night elves are rather boring for story purposes. And it's a legion expansion not a night elf one. Their presence and their history coming back with Suramar and the nightborne/ mhighborne seemed a good time to do a little jazzing up. But people talked much more about the blood elves than they did the nightborne or night elves. Janis had more topics and she didn't even show. And all the hype went to Alleria/Turakyon/Sargeras and the titans. People were not interested that much in the night elf lore of Suramar and the new nightborne. They were more irritated by the heavy Assassins creed like nature of Suramar and I think ended up hating it more than loving it.

Maybe Queen Azshara expansion might be your night elf expansion. But that would also feature blood elves. Face it night elves don't carry interest like blood elves. People don't like or do dark, it's kinda ugly

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Humbugged View Post
    What exactly do you want? All they'd be doing is talking, bickering, perhaps seeing eye to eye a bit after the events of Val'Sharah.
    This kind of NPC one-on-one that doesn't impact the story or explain -why- us the players are doing what we're doing are things best left to the books and short stories, other forms of media.
    Kinda like the whole event after SoO and the aftermath was left inside a book. Blizzard knows they have a lore-hungry market within the fanbase who enjoy reading, and they provide reading material.
    I mean I'm not crapping on the notion of the two interacting at some point, but I don't need it to be in-game imo. But it most likely will happen if it does during the proposed 1-2 mini story patches after Argus.

And I don't know why so many people ignore WoWs lore yet enjoy the game. Always kinda think "wait...what?" When I'm in discord and someone's like "who's this EE-SIR-UH dragon over here?" Or "talk to the Mage dude"... Khadgar??!?
    Maybe blizzard is worried anything would be too criticised.

Or maybe they wanted to focus and highlight the Legion more than relic elves

Maybe Tyra de/Mal/Illidan is just not interesting, and everyone is sick of it after playing wc3 100 times

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    As is a lot of possible lore elements this patch

- - - Updated - - -

That doesn't mean you can't weave a decent and satisfying story, it never has done
    and you expect blizzard to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    It's silly they've left it unresolved, but anything they could of done probably would of just been implemented in game pretty badly too. The real issue here is why the story telling in game is so horrible when the lore is so great ?
    Because the lire has a lot variation/diversity and depth but the game format sucks for telling stories without a major effort and the Dev's don't want to divert the same resources to telling a story as they do to art, systems and environment

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    It's silly they've left it unresolved, but anything they could of done probably would of just been implemented in game pretty badly too. The real issue here is why the story telling in game is so horrible when the lore is so great ?
    Because if you'd go directly from the lore, everything would be predictable and it would make the story telling even worse. Nobody really wants to play a game when they know all the plots and potential plot twists months in advance. Not to mention a lot of the lore simply doesn't work in game, because the game is seen as a separate sandbox mode of the lore itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I don't agree that its horrible, but at the end of the day WoW is a game and so... gameplay takes precident.
    And you sir are probably why we have this situation. You are exactly the sort of person interested and passionate enough to raise these questions to. Blizz letting them know it's not ok. But instead you sit back and make excuses for them and accept those excuses saying nothing at their question times etc. And so all the gameplay questions dominate because the Lore people understand too much and just accept it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    I do want SOME dialogue from Malfurion about Illidan. Would like to see them talk but at this point, I'll take what I can get. I like the book idea, flesh this out rather than just letting them remain essentially just npcs toward one another.

Arator + Turalyon + Veressa was lackluster. Expected more, maybe afterward...
    Shouldn't Malfurion be apologising to Illidan? Illidan was right about the Legion all along and about magic too and the Well was a good thing and could have been a greater asset for them when the ,Legion returned

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Nope. Tyrande was at the Nighthold and they didn't so much as awkwardly glance at each other. Malfurion isn't on Argus, he won't speak to his brother ever again.

Pretty much just like in TBC.
    She wasn't even there at first. It was Vereesa. As you see in the cinematic. Tyrande was swapped in cos lore boat He’s moaned about it

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I somewhat agree with this, but at least let it be acknowledged. It just doesn't make sense, from a realistic perspective that after literally dying and having his soul floating in the twisting nether, Illidan's brother and long time love interest (unrequited of course but still one with a LOT of history) with wouldn't even make an appearance or that Illidan wouldn't comment on it. The whole thing is just being ignored, which just doesn't feel right.
    Shows you lore isn't as high a priority as systems or art or they'd have made room and time

- - - Updated - - -

Shows you lore isn't as high a priority as systems or art or they'd have made room and time

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Because if you'd go directly from the lore, everything would be predictable and it would make the story telling even worse. Nobody really wants to play a game when they know all the plots and potential plot twists months in advance. Not to mention a lot of the lore simply doesn't work in game, because the game is seen as a separate sandbox mode of the lore itself.
    So spice it up. It isn't hard. Make Malfurion angry like hell that they let release Illidan without any supervision (and clearly they let him just run wild and do whatever he wants). Make him try to force put Illidan in his cage. Bring him to Argus to unleash green powah and start healing nature from fel corruption. Give players branching path for who they will support of two brothers. Rewards would be the same but story would be slightly different. Lets make ending on Malf side that he forcefully put Illidan against his will into cage with Sargie.

Or not. Make him accepting that they need his help, and make story develop in such a way that they both grow on each other after 10k years. Maybe Malfurion could accept that he overreacted a bit in the past, maybe Illidan could see that indeed there is more in world than hatred, vengeance and ultimate powaaaah. Let them Reunite and be the tipping point in last battle with Sargeras. Two brothers, standing as one once again. Hell, make it seems like they win with caging Sargie and in the last moment he pull Illidan back inside. Lets us see like he is Sargie plaything and perfect chewing toy for eternity and then lets see Malf sorrow that he again lost his brother which he reunited after so many years.

There are thousands possibilities. But to the pile of shame you go. Say hi to council of tree hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by EnigmAddict View Post
    Shouldn't Malfurion be apologising to Illidan? Illidan was right about the Legion all along and about magic too and the Well was a good thing and could have been a greater asset for them when the ,Legion returned
    Absolutely he should! They ALL should.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Given the *spoilers* i really doubt it. Then again, i would love if malfy developed "Are you watching illidan ?" tic. Like having some fun with tyrande and just yelling "Are you watching illidan ?

Malf will probably lecture us how he knew of better, more righteous, less casualties, way to combat the Legion once we return from Argus.

Then he'll proceed to dismiss Illidan's sacrifice as reckless and foolish and explain the better way how Sargeras could've been dealth with.
    "If only you were wise enough to bring me to Argus, you silly sausages!!"

After that he'll show us his secret plan how to kill Void lords he came up with while on toilet.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-09-16 at 11:58 PM.

How come people think that Illidan is the man of action and Malfurion somehow is someone who only talks and gets noothing done when it's obviously the opposite in lore? -_- I mean there's literally no person who have saved the world more times than Malfurion.

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Or not. Make him accepting that they need his help, and make story develop in such a way that they both grow on each other after 10k years. Maybe Malfurion could accept that he overreacted a bit in the past, maybe Illidan could see that indeed there is more in world than hatred, vengeance and ultimate powaaaah. Let them Reunite and be the tipping point in last battle with Sargeras. Two brothers, standing as one once again. Hell, make it seems like they win with caging Sargie and in the last moment he pull Illidan back inside. Lets us see like he is Sargie plaything and perfect chewing toy for eternity and then lets see Malf sorrow that he again lost his brother which he reunited after so many years.
    That'd be very uncharacteristic to the point of near asspull for Malfurion. So far, his character has been established to be as hard-headed and stubborn in his path as his brother is - worse, even. In fact, Illidan during WC3 acted way more civil towards his brother than Malfurion did and at least he did review his actions and questioned if there were better ways. It was still the case during WC3 up until Vanilla and there hasn't been any indication that Malfurion has become more open-minded now than he was a decade ago. Sure, the brothers might stand together again, but for Malfurion and Illidan's reunion / cooperation to be anything other than awkward, either (or both) of them would need to change his personality too rapidly to be realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    How come people think that Illidan is the man of action and Malfurion somehow is someone who only talks and gets noothing done when it's obviously the opposite in lore? -_- I mean there's literally no person who have saved the world more times than Malfurion.
    Probably because now, in this most important hour for the universe during the largest invasion ever of the Legion upon Azeroth, Malfurion has done very little to assist us. He is probably trying to prepare for the next war against N'Zoth but still, with no Void Lord around yet, what is N'Zoth compared to the Legion and Sargeras? Illidan was and still is pretty active against the Legion, so I think it's fairly understandable that he is giving people a better impression at the moment.
    Last edited by Qualia; 2017-09-17 at 04:32 AM.
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang
    Donnons le sang de guillotine
    Pour guerir la secheresse de la guillotine
    Je veux le sang, sang, sang, et sang.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    That's exactly my problem with him.

He made Tyrande, who was awesome in War3, with her Amazonian thing and slight xenophobia, obsolette since every time she has a problem she goes wake up Malf.
    He's like the only character I didn't like in War3. Oooh the world is in peril, better wake up Malfurion the wisest of us all and give him the reins although he was asleep for who knows how long and knows less of the state of the world then others.
    And then people call Thrall green Jesus but he literaly did only once what Malfurion did multiple times.

But I was mainly joking in my post because of Malfurion's tendencies to always lecture with "dissapointed father" voice and be all-wise-seer who always knows the best course of actions.

But you're right, Malfurion did much more good for Azeroth than Illidan who always manages to mess it up somehow.
    Last edited by Dagoth Ur; 2017-09-17 at 11:28 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I'm still hoping a brief scene between Illidan, Malfurion, and Tyrande occurs before or during the events of the Antorus raid just for the sake of narrative conclusion.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Qualia View Post
    That'd be very uncharacteristic to the point of near asspull for Malfurion. So far, his character has been established to be as hard-headed and stubborn in his path as his brother is - worse, even. In fact, Illidan during WC3 acted way more civil towards his brother than Malfurion did and at least he did review his actions and questioned if there were better ways. It was still the case during WC3 up until Vanilla and there hasn't been any indication that Malfurion has become more open-minded now than he was a decade ago. Sure, the brothers might stand together again, but for Malfurion and Illidan's reunion / cooperation to be anything other than awkward, either (or both) of them would need to change his personality too rapidly to be realistic.
    They never worked together if im correct since he became supersayian demon. Not even spend time in presence of one another. Also, people change.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Arator + Turalyon + Veressa was lackluster. Expected more, maybe afterward...
    Yeah. The whole parent/child and sister/sister reunion was pretty weak. Maybe a cutscene style long talk between them, like the Ulduar cinematic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    They never worked together if im correct since he became supersayian demon. Not even spend time in presence of one another. Also, people change.
    Malfurion, Tyrande, and Maiev were in Silverpine following Illidan. Malfurion goes off to meditate to find out what was sickening the forest. Tyrande and Maiev runs into Kael'thas, and they choose to ally since Tyrande knew Dath'remar, Kael'thas' ancestor. They get attacked by undead. Tyrande holds a bring while the others retreat, the bridge collapses. When Malfurion comes back Maiev lies to Malfurion and says the undead tore her to shreds to make him want to get revenge on Illidan for 'causing' her death. They find Illidan and Malfurion blames him for Tyrande's death. But Kael'thas is like "the bridge she was on broke so she was probably just swept downriver, we should go find her." This exposes Maiev as a liar who said she was torn to pieces by undead and Malfurion wraps her up in roots and the brothers team up to save Tyrande, Illidan offering the services of his naga to search the river. Illidan admits he's felt nothing but enmity for Malfurion but he wants that to end. Admits that no matter what happens or what he becomes he'll always love her. And leaves for Outland.

Wow, did I really just summarize like half of TFT? =-)
    Last edited by cparle87; 2017-09-17 at 01:03 PM.