Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

Ana - Ranged Support - Overwatch Hero

Background

One of the founding members of Overwatch, Ana uses her skills and expertise to defend her home and the people she cares for. Hailing from a long line of decorated soldiers, Ana inspired confidence and loyalty in her colleagues and endowed her daughter, Fareeha Amari — Pharah, with an intense sense of duty and honor.

Ana is regarded as one of the world's deadliest snipers. She originally used a Kinamura rifle, upon which she added a notch for every life she took. Each life weighed heavily on her conscience, and while some snipers preferred to wound targets, in order to lure out more potential targets, she preferred to perform clean kills, disliking causing needless suffering. Her right eye, originally cybernetic, made her vision six times greater than normal, to the extent where she rarely even needed to use the scope.

Videos

Abilities

Trait (Passive) - Shrike
    Basic Attacks apply a Dose to non-Structure enemies, dealing an additional 46 damage over 5 sec, and stacking up to 5 times.

Q - Healing Dart
    15 Mana
    Cooldown: 2 seconds
    Fire a dart which heals the first allied Hero hit for 260 health.

W - Biotic Grenade
    50 Mana
    Cooldown: 16 seconds
    Toss a Grenade at the target area. Allied Heroes hit are healed for 182 Health and receive 25% increased healing for 4 sec. Enemies hit take 62 damage and receive 100% less healing for 2 sec.

E - Sleep Dart
    50 Mana
    Cooldown: 14 seconds
    Fire a dart that puts the first enemy Hero hit to Sleep, rendering them unable to act for 3 sec. Sleep's effects end instantly if the target takes damage after the first 0.5 sec. Cannot be used on Vehicles.

R1 - Nano Boost
    40 Mana
    Cooldown: 50 seconds
    Instantly boost an allied Hero, restoring 200 Mana. For the next 8 seconds, they gain 30% Spell Power and their Basic Ability cooldowns recharge 150% faster. Cannot be used on Ana.

R2 - Eye of Horus
    75 Mana
    Cooldown: 60 seconds
    Assume a sniping position, gaining the ability to fire up to 8 specialized rounds with unlimited range. Rounds hit the first allied or enemy Hero or enemy Structure in their path. Allies are healed for 444 and enemies are damaged for 259. Deals 50% less damage to Structures.

Ana is unable to move while Eye of Horus is active.

Talents

Level 1
    • [W] Grenade Calibration - Quest: Hit enemy Heroes with Biotic Grenade. Reward: After hitting 10 Heroes, Biotic Grenade does 75% more damage per allied and enemy Hero hit. Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes, Biotic Grenade's duration on allies is increased from 4 seconds to 12 seconds, and its healing radius is increased by 100%.
    • [E] Piercing Darts - Quest: Hit Heroes with Sleep Dart. Reward: After hitting 10 Heroes, Sleep Dart now hits 2 Heroes and its range is increased by 50%. Reward: After hitting 20 Heroes, Healing Dart now hits 2 Heroes and its range is increased by 50%.
    • [Passive] Detachable Box Magazine - Quest: Stack 5 Doses on an enemy Hero. Reward: After reaching maximum Dosage 5 times, Doses deal 50% increase damage to enemies with 5 Doses. Reward: After reaching maximum Dosage 15 times, unlock the Active Reload Ability, which can be activated to instantly gain 3 charges of Healing Dart.

Level 4
    • [W] Air Strike - Activate to use Biotic Grenade with a 200% increased range, but Grenades thrown this way take 4 seconds to land. Passive: Reduce Biotic Grenade cooldown by 4 seconds.
    • [Trait] Overdose - Hitting enemies with Sleep Dart and Biotic Grenade applies 2 Doses.
    • [Trait] Aim Down Sights - Shrike can be activated to increase vision radius by 100% and Basic Attack range by 2 but reduce Movement Speed by 20%. Lasts until canceled.

Level 7
    • [E] Temporary Blindness - After Sleep Dart's effects wear off, targets are Blinded for 2 seconds.
    • [Trait] Mind-Numbing Agent - Every Dose a Hero has reduces their Spell Power by 15%.
    • [Active] Debilitating Dart - Activate to fire a dart which reduces the damage dealt by the first enemy Hero it hits by 50% for 4 seconds.

Level 13
    • [Q] Speed Serum - Healing Dart grants 25% Movement Speed to affected Heroes for 2 seconds.
    • [Q] Purifying Darts - Healing Dart removes Roots and Slows from the target, and heals for 20% more when doing so.
    • [Q] Smelling Salts - Healing Dart removes Stuns from the target, and grants them 50 Armor for 2 seconds when doing so.

Level 16
    • [Q] Sharpshooter - Healing Dart's healing is increased by 5% each time it heals a Hero, up to 50%. This bonus is reset if Healing Dart fails to hit a Hero.
    • [Q] Concentrated Doses - Increase Healing Dart's healing by 10% for each Dose active on enemy Heroes.
    • [W] Contact Healing - Biotic Grenade heals for 30% more per allied and enemy Hero hit.

Level 20
    • [R1] Nano Infusion - Allies affected by Nano Boost heal for 50% of Spell Damage dealt.
    • [R2] Ballistic Advantage - Eye of Horus rounds explodes upon impact, healing nearby allies for 300 and dealing 150 damage to nearby enemy Heroes.
    • [Trait] Somnolent Doses - Upon stacking 5 Doses, Heroes are Slept for 2 seconds.
    • [Passive] Dynamic Shooting - Basic Attacks increase Attack Speed by 10% for 4 seconds, up to 100%.
    • [Passive] Custom Optics - Increase the Aim Down Sights Basic Attack range bonus from 2 to 4.

Screenshots

Official Hero Page coming soon
    Last edited by Nerraw; 2017-09-18 at 06:56 PM.

I'm super hyped for her as a healer main, I found myself disappointed by Stukov but how can a healing sniper not be fun?
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account
    Heh. The moment when the healer sniper seems to have like double the range of the offensive "Sniper".

Nova rework inc?
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Heh. The moment when the healer sniper seems to have like double the range of the offensive "Sniper".

Nova rework inc?
    its most likely her 2nd ult. So i doubt it.

Millennum.org has gotten their hands on Ana's abilities. u/lifeeraser on reddit has been kind enough to translate to English so I'll be adding them to the OP shortly.

R1 - Nano Boost
    ?? Mana
    Cooldown: 50 seconds
    Instantly restores 200 mana to an ally hero, as well as increasing spell power by 30% and cooldown recharge rate by 150% for 8 seconds.
    Sweet baby Kael.

- - - Updated - - -

They did well having the grenade only increase healing by 25% instead of 50% as in OW, but 100% reduced healing should not be present in the game, especially via a support. Current healing reduction effects are 75% and are gated behind levels & talent choices.

I feel that they should tone down the reduced healing to 25% before release.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    They did well having the grenade only increase healing by 25% instead of 50% as in OW, but 100% reduced healing should not be present in the game, especially via a support. Current healing reduction effects are 75% and are gated behind levels & talent choices.

I feel that they should tone down the reduced healing to 25% before release.
    Keep in mind the cd on the grenade is 16 seconds with only 2 second duration on enemies. If anything I'd say her sleep dart is the overpowered ability, a 3 second CC on a 14 sec CD is pretty insane (yes, even with damage breaking it, it will provide amazing utility for isolating enemies in teamfights and for ganking).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Keep in mind the cd on the grenade is 16 seconds with only 2 second duration on enemies. If anything I'd say her sleep dart is the overpowered ability, a 3 second CC on a 14 sec CD is pretty insane (yes, even with damage breaking it, it will provide amazing utility for isolating enemies in teamfights and for ganking).
    Sleep dart is a single-target hard skillshot though and I am sure that it will be projectile and generally not easy to land, especially on a moving target. Grenade ain't that hard to land, and if it does not land on enemies, you still get your healing increase on allies, assuming you're tossing it in a cluster for maximum value.

And 2 seconds is more than enough to fully remove a healer effectively from the fight and easily guarantee a kill, especially if she can 1st sleep the healer while bursting down your desired target which in this case would be a frontline tank. Just thinking of grenading a Rehgar ulti, pains me. It shouldn't be possible. It already sucked when Xul was OP and everywhere, I don't want to see that again, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Abilities look great. I like what they did with Nano Boost considering Stim Drone. Biotic Grenade has been a controversial skill in OW. I think 100% healing block is too harsh and as a healer main it's quite crippling. This version at least is on a longer cd and half the duration. I'm assuming Sleep Dart won't break from dots since it's part of her kit.

I'm anxious to see her talents now.

Her W looks ridiculously strong, completely disabling Rehgar and Kharazim ultimates with a basic ability.
    I am the lucid dream

Deleted
    I'm so excited for Ana! Definitely looks very fun, a very good addition to hots IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    Her W looks ridiculously strong, completely disabling Rehgar and Kharazim ultimates with a basic ability.
    Indeed, maybe they could nerf it to 75% at least?

10+ Year Old Account
    You sure about the latter? From what I understand of Divine Palm, her grenade can't negate it. You're put into stasis prior to being healed, so that should clear the healing debuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    You sure about the latter? From what I understand of Divine Palm, her grenade can't negate it. You're put into stasis prior to being healed, so that should clear the healing debuff.
    Not 100% with the palm, but I'm pretty sure I've seen the healing reduced in the past with things like Xul's healing reduction.
    I am the lucid dream

The Dehaka player in me weeps. Rehgar and Kharazim being of my favorite supports also doesn't help. I guess Stukov (my third favorite) is somewhat better suited against her, though missing a D also sounds painful.

Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    though missing a D also sounds painful.
    Yeah you never wanna get your D blocked. That healing disable does sound strong, especially when combined with CC on healer.

Deleted
    That W sounds completely broken. But when MVPBlack drafts a Morales, Lucio, Brightwing, Varian, Valla combo, it might be just what the game needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxum View Post
    a very good addition to hots IMO.
    I'll keep my reservation on that after Genji and seeing her in action, though I think she will be less aids than Junkrat coming to this game based on the kits you can give both.

Love Ana.

I'm super hyped for her as a healer main, I found myself disappointed by Stukov but how can a healing sniper not be fun?
    Really? I'm loving Stukov.

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post

Nova rework inc?
    One can only hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Really think they missed an opportunity not making her a multiclass.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Really? I'm loving Stukov.
    I can certainly understand why, his playstyle just doesn't click for me.
    Last edited by Ryme; 2017-09-18 at 08:20 AM.
    I am the lucid dream