Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    If you weren't melee trying to kill bosses with 360 degree cleave attacks in those dungeons you haven't really played WoW.

Deleted
    Also Shadow Labyrinth had the only boss that "scaled" with your gear in a sense. The more gear you had the more chances were that the hunter would one shot your healer with an aimed shot during the mass mind control on the second boss

"TIME FOR FUN!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    Also Shadow Labyrinth had the only boss that "scaled" with your gear in a sense. The more gear you had the more chances were that the hunter would one shot your healer with an aimed shot during the mass mind control on the second boss

"TIME FOR FUN!"
    I miss that boss.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

"TIME FOR FUN!"
    /equip [The Stoppable Force]

TBC heroics have pretty much nothing to do with M+ right now in terms of difficulty. M+ is a pure mechanics test while Heroics in TBC had multiple layers of requirements.

- First thing you had to do is farm rep and get the key that unlock Heroic difficulty
    - after that you had to have the correct gear (tanks had defense gear, dps had to have specific hit/expertise %)
    - getting the correct gear back then was actually not that easy
    - you had to have some kind of crowd control classes in your group because you often had to sheep/sap/freeze trash, otherwise you had a dead tank
    - tanks and dps had to care about their threat, pulling the aggro from a mob was really common back then
    - healers did not had infinite amount of mana

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zezel81 View Post
    I am sorry WoW has devolved. In ToS mythic looks like blizz tried to bring it back but ppl trying to parse = fail.
    Ppl say KJ is harder than lady vashj? Haha.
    Think of all the modifiers from dungeons add 3 phase fight and have a macro for 2nd phase or wipe. If one person died wipe it. One brez maybe or nothing.
    What the hell are you even talking about? When did raiding come into this discussion, other than your foolish need to prove how badass you were for playing during TBC? Or defending a bugged boss that didn't get fixed for a long time, with something that needed multiple nerfs and nearly a thousand pulls to be killed by best guild in the world? If Blizzard "tried to bring it back", you'd have them remove titanforging, remove coins, remove split raids, limit gear drops, only hotfix most gamebreaking bugs after at least a month and revert classes to one/two button rotations. All that to have people like you worship them for it, while raiding would die from the lack of interest.

"TIME FOR FUN!"
    For the added bonus, it turned out that you missed a stealthed assassin and he'd jump your healer during boss fight. Fuck both that place and Arcatraz. If it weren't for attunement, no one would run them before 2.1 fixes.

TBC heroics had lots of trash (CC was recommended), and unless you were geared, the instance could take a long time, especially one like Shadow Labyrinth, which had stealthed assassin mobs waiting to re-kill people who were on their way back from a wipe. The reason people remember them as very difficult is because there weren't a lot of gearing options back then, so they could be brutal for someone first walking in.

They don't compare to high Mythic+, which are waaaaay tougher.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Phuongvi View Post
    The problem today, people think they are good with a 2 buttons rotation
    Lets not kid ourselves, the rotations weren't any harder in TBC. Most classes in fact had less buttons that needed to be used than there are today. The button bloat didn't really become an issue until Wotlk for some specs.

TBC heroics were not hard. All fights were ridiculously simple by today's standards. They just felt hard because like I said, people really sucked at this game and moving out of the ring when the boss is about to do an insta kill screech that has a really long casting time or tanking the boss facing away from the group was apparently really difficult.

Cataclysm heroics were something that you can describe as being difficult, though.
    Last edited by mmocfb2225cee0; 2017-09-17 at 01:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    lol fucking no they weren't. the longest was about 30mins and that was Slabs.

TBC heroics were relatively easy. Most people just think they were hard because they were Bad players at that time in the early years of WoW and remember it being difficult for themselves.

Mechanics were mostly braindead,
    Mechanics were indeed braindead, but at least at the start of the expansion, certain mobs hit HARD. Some trash mobs had a chance to 1-shot a tank on a normal attack.
    A bunch of them were nerfed and tank's life lifepools eventually increased. You are remembering TBC heroics in t5-6 gear at which point the combination of overgearing and there being very few real mechanics meant they were a joke.

TBC heroics were the most unforgiving I'd say. Cata were harder in a more fun way, more mechanics to deal with. Still can't compete with a mythic +20 though obviously.

Deleted
    TBC heroics v mythic 20+ WHAT?

Hahahahaha

kara/mags/gruul stuff, didn't takes us long from launch to get heroics farmed easily. used to knock them all out 1 after another on a Saturday arvo with partner and friends.
    yes they became easy after you had raid gear just like all heroic in every expansion, but starting out with just quest gear and normal dungeon gear, specially if the tank was undergeared, those places took forever.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    I remember pulling healing aggro from those... we ended up with our cat druid speccing heal and 2-healing them to split the aggro b/c our tank just couldn't do it.
    Talking about healer agro, i remember that back in Steamvaults, there were these naga, that threw harpoons when they switched targets. Pulling a group with 2 or 3 of them in it was pretty hectic, because if the tank did not hold agro from the start, the healer would just get 2 shot from the pull xD

I don't know if i miss those days or if i am really happy, that i don't have to deal with it anymore xD
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    From my experience the pre nerf Cata heroics were equally hard if not harder than the TBC heroics. Mythic 20+ is harder than both combined.

Quote Originally Posted by Stickinator View Post
    oh shattered halls. How i missed you!

Tbc dungeons felt harder since you didnt have the amount of dps as you have now.
    comparing the hp of mobs and the dps you had then.

but cata dungeons was way harder then tbc before they had to nerf all the dmg (and health) on pretty much 80% of the mobs.
    and its much easier to gear up for mythic dungeons with world quests, heroic alcatraz was the shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    TBC heroics were easy, if you knew what cc was. Back then you actually had to control the size of groups you pulled.
    Mythic raiding is easy when you know what to do. Dude no comment.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrIvoRobotnik View Post
    /equip [The Stoppable Force]
    I know, but where's the fun in that?

lol fucking no they weren't. the longest was about 30mins and that was Slabs.

TBC heroics were relatively easy. Most people just think they were hard because they were Bad players at that time in the early years of WoW and remember it being difficult for themselves.

Mechanics were mostly braindead,
    Calling BS. Tanking wasn't was sticky as it is now, CC was a must, CC duration was a lot shorter then it is now, interrupts were a must, dungeons were a lot longer, epic gear wasn't as widely available as it is now.

One example, remember playing as a warlock and on one of the pulls in shadow labs, I had to continually chain fear two mobs whilst burning down a third. When was the last time you HAD to hear a mob in a dungeon?

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't say much about Mythic dungeons, especially not that high, as I quit before Nighthold was released.

I think I'd say Cata heroics were harder before the nerf, even though I seem to recall struggling with TBC heroics a bit more, but I believe that was largely due to inexperience and being young and dumb.

But then again, my wow career started in Vanilla beta, so I couldn't have been that bad?

Meh, I still think Cata before the nerfs were harder.

Deleted
    Those it really matters? I mean whats the point of this discussion? Even if one was harder, the only outcome would be some people bragging that they did "the hardest ones".