Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yup, it's absurd. Both my warlocks got quite lucky(Horde one got Aff cloak, Aff ring, Demo bracers, Demo shoulders, Alliance got Aff belt, Aff bracers, Demo shoulders, Demo head), meanwhile my Alliance priest got Prydaz+Soul as its first 2 and my monk got Sephuz. The cross-spec BLP bonus just helps lucky characters get even luckier, nothing more. Unlucky characters can still get their BiS legendaries last.
    Not bad, my warlock currently has Odyrs, Norgannon's, Pillars and KJBW, but my spriest got belt first and sephuz as 5th. I agree, the way they implemented the cross spec BLP is awful.

OP is right, people are a lot less active now and they are going to continue being less active for the rest of Legion. They should just hand them out guaranteed every week would not in any way hurt the game at this point.

That's some shit tier level trolling up in here, "legendaries are not required to play the game at all, but you should have to grind for them as much as we did!" You kids probably don't even have all leggos for your mainspec let alone all of them that you can get for your main character.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Legendaries in this expansion is not a "must have them all" kind of thing. So no.
    No, it's a "must have two or three specific ones or you're a waste of a spot".

Targeting legendaries would be better.
    You basically cannot ever switch your first character simply due to how amazingly difficult it is to get the 2-3 legendaries that are absolutely required.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Targeting legendaries would be better.
    You basically cannot ever switch your first character simply due to how amazingly difficult it is to get the 2-3 legendaries that are absolutely required.
    Can't wait for somebody to tell you that you can target legendaries already by using Relinquished tokens. Because of course the Relinquished item will give the legendary, not the random rare or dungeon boss you do 5 minutes later or before. Literally the worst possible implementation of targetting.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    People were complaining that epics are basically mailed to you in previous expansions

Now you demand the same thing of legendaries?

I think I need to go counting my legendaries...10 classes at 110, with anything from 1-7 legendaries on each of my toons. It seems the drop rate is "appropriate"
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    This thread should be ended right here with this counter argument. Not long ago 'welfare epics' where the topic of discussion and how they had 'ruined the game', now people want a free Legendary every week?
    They aren't real legendaries, that's where your argument falls flat, they are silly time gate garbage.

As for welfare epics, that started in TBC, so it's pointless to even bring up.

Isn't when you do content a legendary +- each 1-1.5 week already quite normal. i have all legendaries now on main, so can't really tell anymore, but from (i think) 7.2 onwards up to the point i had all legendaries i was getting them 1-1.5 week pretty much guaranteed.

15+ Year Old Account
    I agree that fresh characters and alts are heavily fucked by the current Legendary system.

I would not want to diminish the value of anyone's prior effort.
    But the "bad luck protection" should be an account-wide thing, so that as you grind on any character you progress towards your next Legendary on every character, and should be able to stack enough bad luck protection this way that once you've grinded enough to acquire 3 legendaries on your Main, your alts should have enough bad luck protection to get 3 legendaries back to back.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    I agree that fresh characters and alts are heavily fucked by the current Legendary system.

I would not want to diminish the value of anyone's prior effort.
    But the "bad luck protection" should be an account-wide thing, so that as you grind on any character you progress towards your next Legendary on every character, and should be able to stack enough bad luck protection this way that once you've grinded enough to acquire 3 legendaries on your Main, your alts should have enough bad luck protection to get 3 legendaries back to back.
    Or give a (big) bonus to legendary dropchance on alts until they have "main's number of legendaries"-2 legendaries, or something along those lines.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You won't get support for that here. Mostly because people on a fan site like this have been playing the game long enough to have most of them on their toon(s) already. Or have long quit and just sit around and bitch about the game for some reason weeks, months, or even years later (you will get a lot of thumbs up from them). When you have them you think the legendary system isn't that bad, could improve, but not bad. It is when you don't have them it is the stinking load of shit it really is. Just like most of the people here felt about it in the first tier when losers were smoking them in the DPS charts because RNG gave them good oranges and them shit ones. Now that they are good, hey, not so bad.

Now I will be up front and say guarantee is a strong word. Personally I think they should just slowly creep up the drop rate of them. Should have been as the expansion goes on. It is the one part of the game that has no catch up mechanize. People just joining the game or coming back from breaks are totally fucked by it to be honest. Again, most people won't care as long as they can do what they want but if something were to happen and they needed new people suddenly it would be "why the fuck blizz no catch up on leggos" would go into a shit storm.

I mean for me personally I could careless. 26 man roster in a mythic guild and I got all my leggos. Good enough progress to likely get other people with leggos.

Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week. And I even think that there is an easy way to do this - just make mythic dungeons, raids etc. drop something like Writhing Essense and after getting 50 of this currency you should be able to complete weekly quests that gives you random legendary for your spec/class. Every other method of obtaining legendaries should stay as well to speed up the process. With this, making alts would be far less of a nuisance and if someone was unlucky with his main for the whole expansion he can get desired legendary quicker.

Thoughts?
    If you play after the latest changes for the legendaries you get an average of 3 legendaries in 2 weeks. If you do 1 mythic+/week and LFR, you a big mouthful of dick aka exactly what you need and deserve.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    No, it's a "must have two or three specific ones or you're a waste of a spot".
    Sorry as long as you not top #100 mythic guild it IS true you dont need legos to play the game.

Deleted
    As someone else mentioned legendaries are rewarded for grinding. There is no point on making something like legendaries so viable for casuals. Also i feel like with what you proposing this method will take off the happiness of getting a new random legendary or waiting for a new one. Lastly i would like to add that with decent farming old and new content in legion you can for sure get 1 legendary per week. Tested from me with 3 characters for arround 3-4 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    You won't get support for that here. Mostly because people on a fan site like this have been playing the game long enough to have most of them on their toon(s) already. Or have long quit and just sit around and bitch about the game for some reason weeks, months, or even years later (you will get a lot of thumbs up from them). When you have them you think the legendary system isn't that bad, could improve, but not bad. It is when you don't have them it is the stinking load of shit it really is. Just like most of the people here felt about it in the first tier when losers were smoking them in the DPS charts because RNG gave them good oranges and them shit ones. Now that they are good, hey, not so bad.

Now I will be up front and say guarantee is a strong word. Personally I think they should just slowly creep up the drop rate of them. Should have been as the expansion goes on. It is the one part of the game that has no catch up mechanize. People just joining the game or coming back from breaks are totally fucked by it to be honest. Again, most people won't care as long as they can do what they want but if something were to happen and they needed new people suddenly it would be "why the fuck blizz no catch up on leggos" would go into a shit storm.

I mean for me personally I could careless. 26 man roster in a mythic guild and I got all my leggos. Good enough progress to likely get other people with leggos.
    Yeah, it's pretty silly that they haven't ramped up the legendary droprate as the expansion has gone on. The only things they've done so far(which are nice, don't get me wrong) were changing the system so every legendary past the first 2 has the same dropchance(instead of requiring more and more "content" to be done for each legendary) and giving the spec-specific BLP bonus for the first 2(which has its own problems, which were pointed out before they even implemented it). Since then they haven't touched the dropchances of legendaries directly, and the only indirect changes they've made have been nerfs(removing the Legionfall bags, for example)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by devolgaming View Post
    As someone else mentioned legendaries are rewarded for grinding. There is no point on making something like legendaries so viable for casuals. Also i feel like with what you proposing this method will take off the happiness of getting a new random legendary or waiting for a new one. Lastly i would like to add that with decent farming old and new content in legion you can for sure get 1 legendary per week. Tested from me with 3 characters for arround 3-4 months.
    Tell me more about the happiness of getting Prydaz as your first legendary and something like Blink chest, AMS cloak, Feign Death helmet as your 2nd.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry as long as you not top #100 mythic guild it IS true you dont need legos to play the game.
    This is a huge load of garbage. It may not be mandatory but it sure is depressing playing the same class as a friend who got lucky and got bis while you get the worst ones. They will get a decent boost over you assuming you are the same skill level and that can be infuriating knowing that you aren't doing as good as you should be because you got screwed by rng.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    Legendaries in this expansion is not a "must have them all" kind of thing. So no.
    But it is a must have the right ones, so yes.

I am currently unable to change spec til i get the correct ones. And this alone is a living proof that the legendary system is wank.

Can't change spec, can't change main.

7+ Year Old Account
    There should be atleast some vendor allowing you to exchange legendaries. Even two or three for one of you choice. It is sad when you doesn't have a bis legendary after year of a legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

Tell me more about the happiness of getting Prydaz as your first legendary and something like Blink chest, AMS cloak, Feign Death helmet as your 2nd.
    What is so bad about Prydaz at this point, as far as i can tell after the changes Prydaz is a quite solid legendary and quite heaviliy sought after. I'm using it quite happily on my warlock for example, it sims a little bit less then the best troughput legendaries (only a few k though) and it gives solid other benefits that let you skip mechanics at times where you can keep dpssing instead of directly dealing with the mechanic and loosing dps.
    Last edited by chronia; 2017-09-17 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    What is so bad about Prydaz at this point, as far as i can tell after the changes Prydaz is a quite solid legendary and quite heaviliy sought after.
    Its a survivability legendary while not bad at that job no one cares about how well you survive the fight but dps can get you kicked if you dont meet some arbitrary baseline groups set.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    What is so bad about Prydaz at this point, as far as i can tell after the changes Prydaz is a quite solid legendary and quite heaviliy sought after. I'm using it quite happily on my warlock for example, it sims a little bit less then the best troughput legendaries (only a few k though) and it gives solid other benefits that let you skip mechanics at times where you can keep dpssing instead of directly dealing with the mechanic and loosing dps.
    For some classes.

The problem really is in some classes just are built to have certain leggos. I mean fire mage without bracer and belt for example. Man that sucks don't it.