Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week. And I even think that there is an easy way to do this - just make mythic dungeons, raids etc. drop something like Writhing Essense and after getting 50 of this currency you should be able to complete weekly quests that gives you random legendary for your spec/class. Every other method of obtaining legendaries should stay as well to speed up the process. With this, making alts would be far less of a nuisance and if someone was unlucky with his main for the whole expansion he can get desired legendary quicker.

Thoughts?
    Please close this thread already. This is obv bait.
    Yeah while we're at it. Give people daily Mythic gear. Because why the fuck not.

God i hate the new MMORPG playerbase. Full of garbage.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by Uko View Post
    Its a survivability legendary while not bad at that job no one cares about how well you survive the fight but dps can get you kicked if you dont meet some arbitrary baseline groups set.
    In alot of cases Prydaz sims really close to troughput legendaries (for example my main the last time i simmed Prydaz simmed 7k less that the best troughput one, and thats with a 1.2million dps sim thats well within variance anyway), and the effect makes you able to skip mechanics where you actually would loose dps otherwise. If you can't dps with Prydaz you have other problems imho, unless you play a class where the legendaries make a really relly huge difference.

Quote Originally Posted by chronia View Post
    What is so bad about Prydaz at this point, as far as i can tell after the changes Prydaz is a quite solid legendary and quite heaviliy sought after. I'm using it quite happily on my warlock for example, it sims a little bit less then the best troughput legendaries (only a few k though) and it gives solid other benefits that let you skip mechanics at times where you can keep dpssing instead of directly dealing with the mechanic and loosing dps.
    What's bad is that it's shared between specs, meaning now you lose part of the benefit from the spec-specific BLP bonus for the first 2 legendaries, as well as not being as good as real DPS legendaries for nearly all DPS specs.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    Sorry as long as you not top #100 mythic guild it IS true you dont need legos to play the game.
    "Need" is an odd choice of words I guess but your character is not working correctly without your BiS legendaries and your guild or raid group is better off with someone else until you get thoes legendaries.

That is true for all levels of raiding.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What is a "real" legendary...because I don't think the "community" ever agreed on that. Is a "real" legendary tied to heavy RNG and then your guild deciding, you are the chosen one where everybody chips in to help you get said legendary? Because certainly I didn't see much love for the MoP or WoD legendaries on this forum, because suddenly "every scrub" could get them.
    In my opinion, pre-MoP legendaries. But even MoP/WoD ones were more legendary than the Legion ones which are basically talents gated behind RNG.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe you don't need the BiS legendary. Hell...what do you need at all. But they are nice to have stat sticks.

If this legendary system works out (as in: the unwashed masses love it, and not what elitist forum goers think)...who knows...we might be equipping 6 part legendary sets next x-pac.

The box of Pandora is open. I wish Blizzard would dare to NOT have legendaries or artifacts next x-pac....just to see THAT shitstorm.

While I love me my legendaries that I got in legion...some awesome and game / specc changers, some just a nice ilv boost - yeah....a reliable legendary like MoP and WoD with a long questline sounds favourable. But ofc I love legendaries that have an awesome display, too (so....like what they did with artifacts)
    Absolutely, the visuals are severely lacking in Legion as well(and is something MoP did really well, the wings were sick). It's understandable to some extent, because there's so many legendaries that making sick visuals for them all would be a ton of work, but they made that choice themselves.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Only change we need is BLP for alts. I don't have time to run all the 0s and old raids on multiple toons, and because of this I am stuck with 1 legendary after months of real time on some alts.

That is the biggest issue with this system.
    But its what they want. In a landscape where any time I spend on my alt is time I'm not getting AP or chances at titanforging on my main, I can understand this happening.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Only change we need is BLP for alts. I don't have time to run all the 0s and old raids on multiple toons, and because of this I am stuck with 1 legendary after months of real time on some alts.

That is the biggest issue with this system.
    But its what they want. In a landscape where any time I spend on my alt is time I'm not getting AP or chances at titanforging on my main, I can understand this happening.
    It's a weird choice, though. On one hand they make a lot of "unique content for each class" and then try their hardest to lock people into 1 spec, not to mention 1 class, through all other systems.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Ah yes, I can see them now, hundreds of threads where the usual Negative Nates suffering from ex-partner syndrome go "WOW IS IN A DEATH SPIRAL BECAUSE OF WELFARE LEGENDARIES HURR!!"...

I despise the "Legendary" system as much as the next guy, but in the end they're meant as a reward from playing the content.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by devolgaming View Post
    As someone else mentioned legendaries are rewarded for grinding. There is no point on making something like legendaries so viable for casuals. Also i feel like with what you proposing this method will take off the happiness of getting a new random legendary or waiting for a new one. Lastly i would like to add that with decent farming old and new content in legion you can for sure get 1 legendary per week. Tested from me with 3 characters for arround 3-4 months.
    Whatever happiness of getting random legendary there might be is vastly overshadowed by the "I got fucked" feeling you get when you finally get a Legendary, except it's one of those that are neither fun nor desireable.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    For some classes.

The problem really is in some classes just are built to have certain leggos. I mean fire mage without bracer and belt for example. Man that sucks don't it.
    No class is "Built" around any legendary, there are legendaries that suite certain specs more than others. This is the thing that people keep missing.

The Dev's have even said this, and they have been toning down the cases where these specific legendaries are "seen" as a must have.
    Science has made us gods even before we are worthy of being men: Jean Rostand. Yeah, Atheism is a religion like bald is a hair colour!.
    Classic: "The tank is the driver, the healer is the fuel, and the DPS are the kids sitting in the back seat screaming and asking if they're there yet."
    Irony >> "do they even realize that having a state religion IS THE REASON WE LEFT BRITTEN? god these people are idiots"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    Yeah, it's pretty silly that they haven't ramped up the legendary droprate as the expansion has gone on. The only things they've done so far(which are nice, don't get me wrong) were changing the system so every legendary past the first 2 has the same dropchance(instead of requiring more and more "content" to be done for each legendary) and giving the spec-specific BLP bonus for the first 2(which has its own problems, which were pointed out before they even implemented it). Since then they haven't touched the dropchances of legendaries directly, and the only indirect changes they've made have been nerfs(removing the Legionfall bags, for example)

- - - Updated - - -

Tell me more about the happiness of getting Prydaz as your first legendary and something like Blink chest, AMS cloak, Feign Death helmet as your 2nd.
    I started legion mate as fire mage i never got the bracers and then fire mage got nerfed and switched to frost. I played for months frost and now switched back to fire and i was missing only bracers (you cant be competitive without bracers) i went full hardcore 5 days farming everything and finally after so many months i got them! I know the struggle, i felt it in my veins being in a mythic guild without good legendaries my first legendaries were chest, prydaz, sephuz, kil'jaedens... But overall you cant expect everything to be easy people should stop at some point thinking that everything should be casually farmed else what would be the point of having so many legendaries in legion and not 1 or 2? There is a reason to play when you search for legendaries for me i believe. Right now i got all fire/frost mage legendaries and i dont need anything else now. What i do now is just sit and wait for the days we do mythic tos with guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    No class is "Built" around any legendary, there are legendaries that suite certain specs more than others. This is the thing that people keep missing.

The Dev's have even said this, and they have been toning down the cases where these specific legendaries are "seen" as a must have.
    Tell that to Arms which plays like shit(ignoring the damage component even) without the ring, because the ring gives an effect that used to be baseline for the spec. Or the BM shoulders that Blizzard had to make baseline because their gameplay effect was so huge. Or in a lot of people's eyes, the Soul ring for Feral. Or Anger for Havoc. or LatC/IFE/OI/Soul for Balance.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by glowpipe View Post
    I am currently unable to change spec til i get the correct ones. And this alone is a living proof that the legendary system is wank.

Can't change spec, can't change main.
    That is a crappy argument. Of course you CAN change spec. You have been able to change spec freely for over a year now. You just don't WANT to. That's a totally different matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    That is a crappy argument. Of course you CAN change spec. You have been able to change spec freely for over a year now. You just don't WANT to. That's a totally different matter.
    He "can't" because he'll be significantly weaker, thanks to lack of legendaries.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post

That is pure bullshit.
    Heck, mythic ToS was even balanced around your players having the BiS ones.

Look forum elitists, it's this simple. Legion's Legendaries are items that you need to be competitive but that require no real effort to obtain, effectively you obtain them passively and they can come from sources as mundane as a treasure chest or rare elite mob. Here is the problem: Blizzard wants more people to play their game a whole lot of people have quit and people that have played since launch are slowing down and won't be nearly as active for the rest of the xpac really, Blizzard also wants people focusing on current content.

The best thing they could do by the time Antorus drops is even things up a lot more so people don't have to grind all that old content, and the best way to do that would be to give players a more direct and less rng focused way to obtain legendaries they don't have.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    He "can't" because he'll be significantly weaker, thanks to lack of legendaries.
    So? Still a crappy argument.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    So far I received 3 legendaries in this expansion. Which is perfectly fine as I can only wear 2 anyway.. so didn't even need that 3rd one anymore..
    Except you would want to have your BIS legendaries, and probably for two specs

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Please close this thread already. This is obv bait.
    Yeah while we're at it. Give people daily Mythic gear. Because why the fuck not.

God i hate the new MMORPG playerbase. Full of garbage.
    Or maybe people just have different opinions of you, which is clearly obvious from the thread here. I'm a pretty high end raider(kj mythic should hopefully go down this week) with every bis outside of one situational one and I'd be totally fine with making it easier for new players/alts to gain legendaries. What's keeping me from playing my split alt raid more often is that I don't have that many legendaries, I have decent ones for frost(still missing ring, got pretty much all the bad ones before I got bracers as well) but I'd like to have fire ones for mythic+ but I simply can't be bothered to grind for them because regardless of what some people may claim it is a ton of effort to do all the content to get it down to a legendary once every 1-2 weeks and that's not something I'm willing to do for just an alt, it was bad enough having to do it for a couple of months on my main back in 7.2.