Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Bethesda for the Creation Club and wanting a piece of money off of modder's hard work.
    Valve for not making games and not taking steps into making Steam a better experience, especially in customer service.
    Gearbox for Randy Pitchford's arrogance
    Rockstar because of shady microtransactions
    Microsoft for killing FASA and Ensemble.
    EA has gotten much better with how they've improved Origin and the shakeup to Battlefield, but they still haven't atoned for the sin of killing Westwood

But the worst company right now, above everyone else, is Ubisoft. Churning out shitty HD remasters like the Heroes of Might and Magic 3 one while completely destroying any sort of chance that a great competitive game like For Honor could've gotten had it not been for its P2P networking and its psuedo P2W microtransactions where you needed gear that boosted your revenge mode. Just a terrible company.

10+ Year Old Account
    No contest: EA. Releasing the EXACT SAME FUCKING FOOTBALL GAME every year with a new title is a cancer that needs to be cut out.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

EA of course !
    Dont have a so much unfavorable opinion about ubisoft, its a pretty "normal" game company for me (not too good, not too bad)

But WB Games are really been the most prominent scumbag lately by profiteering from their worker's death.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by srkaqb View Post
    But WB Games are really been the most prominent scumbag lately by profiteering from their worker's death.
    Was just about to say why aren't many people mentioning them. I mean, EA isn't that great, but fuck Warner Bros for profiting on someone who died from cancer. That takes the cake being the most scumbag thing a company can do.

EA, Activision, Ubisoft, bethesda with their "not payed mods" and ofc the apple of the gaming industries Valve.

EA rushed Warhammer online and failed with it, so yeah they will always be the big bad in my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    It's naive to really describe all these companies with a value-loaded word like scumbag and such. They are all out here for money. What matters is what they can get away with. Indie companies do not charge low prices out of altruism. Does it not occur to you that the most scumbag companies people often agree on happen to be the most successful too most of the time?
    Every company wishes to be greedy scumbags, but only the big ones have the brands to actually do it.

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    They are all pretty shit. EA is notorious for buying and shutting down studios, WB is shit for always pushing the envelope when it comes to new ways of getting money, Ubisoft releases the same game every three months, Activision tries to get their fingers in every pie, and Konami seems to have just given up even trying to make games anymore. It's a shitty state of affairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aegon Targaryen View Post
    Was just about to say why aren't many people mentioning them. I mean, EA isn't that great, but fuck Warner Bros for profiting on someone who died from cancer. That takes the cake being the most scumbag thing a company can do.
    “Neither Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment nor Monolith Productions will profit from any sales of the Forthog Orc-Slayer DLC regardless of the territory in which that DLC is sold.”
    https://www.vg247.com/2017/09/05/mid...-of-territory/

I find it utterly ridiculous to categorize game companies like this. You need to grow up. The real "scumbag" companies affect serious areas of social life, public economy and environment. The fact that people would apply this to game companies just shows the level of their maturity. Further, it's pathetic to categorically despise companies you slavishly and obsessively consume products of anyway.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well they're a business, so they aren't really scumbags. Greed is a powerful thing that controls everyone and business are filled with alot of people and numerous factors that add into practicing bad business, like other companies that gain success by doing something most gamers see as "bad business" they see this and think its acceptable and in turn do the same thing to their consumers which both works, and doesn't work. After all we are the consumer, we buy into the bullshit they produce and throw at us. Its not the companies fault. Its the consumers.We are the scumbags for thinking and backlashing towards a company as if they're forcing us to buy something when in truth they're not.

Deleted
    EA, ubi and blizz

All the companies are money-grubbing, but that's the industry nowadays. EA and Ubisoft are probably the worst in that regard.

What really pisses me off is when a product is an unfinished mess. In that regard, I think Bethesda is the worst company and the most scumbag of all. While I'm sure there are examples out there, I've never had supposed AAA titles bug out on me like Fallout or Elder scrolls games. I'm not talking obscure little bugs like a mob glitching or a side quest, I'm talking the main questlines of the game glitching and forcing a full campaign restart. I think it's very scumbaggish to release an unfinished or untested product and then refuse to patch it properly.

Naughty Dog gets an honorable mention for really scumbaggish microtransactions in its Uncharted series, but again, I accept its a business where the goal is to make money. For Uncharted 4 they purposely nerfed the mechanics of their own product multiple times after release to make it harder and facilitate more microtransaction purchases. A WoW comparison would be releasing a new raid, progressively making it 5-20% more difficult every month or so and then releasing a 10%+ damage consumable that you buy with real money.
    Last edited by dd614; 2017-09-17 at 06:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    EA

Last game i bought from them was Bad Company 2.

Bethesda as well as of late due to their milking tactics.

Zenimax by far. fuck them

Blizzard or Nintendo I'd say.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Still to this day EA. Reason? Fuck Origin. Fuck that bloated garbage they call software. I used to buy EA games on Steam, as soon as they got pulled off the Steam store because EA wants their shitty monopoly and control on their games, I told them to go fuck themselves. Never again, and I hope enough consumers refuse to buy EA products that they eventually are forced to shut down Origin. Never mind their shady business practices with the studios that they have bought out and restructured or destroyed over the years like Westwood.
    Last edited by Rennadrel; 2017-09-17 at 03:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Blizzard has to be right at the top. They got the gold selling, microtransaction,. and pay to win thing going on top of a subscription game.
    Noone ever seem to be able to say what they Think is P2W in the blizzard store. The ONLY way they will change is if people stop buying the stuff they put in and apparently people want that stuff and yes they are cosmetic only so its not like you get any playerpower items there so i still dont see the P2W angle here.

Cheyenne Mountain Entertainment. Started development on multiple games before one was released. Wanted to make their ecosystem a pyramid scheme. Bought Hummers and even part of an Indy race team before any product was released. Bunch of higher ups get indicted for fraud. Leftover devs stole the code from Star Gate Worlds (mmo) and turned it in to a cheap cash grab shooter under another company. All got shut down, not sure if any prison time was dished out.
    I'm the root of all that is evil, yeah, but you can call me cookie.