Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by reffan View Post
    At this point player should be able to easily get legendary item every week. And I even think that there is an easy way to do this - just make mythic dungeons, raids etc. drop something like Writhing Essense and after getting 50 of this currency you should be able to complete weekly quests that gives you random legendary for your spec/class. Every other method of obtaining legendaries should stay as well to speed up the process. With this, making alts would be far less of a nuisance and if someone was unlucky with his main for the whole expansion he can get desired legendary quicker.

Thoughts?
    My thoughts are that it's one of the more ridiculous things posted on this forum today.
    Your expectation that you should have legendaries to even view a character as functional, even extending that logic to alts, just shows how incredibly mistaken your thinking is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    For some classes.

The problem really is in some classes just are built to have certain leggos. I mean fire mage without bracer and belt for example. Man that sucks don't it.
    or outlaw rogue with the curse of dreadblades legendary.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrowful Gondola View Post
    No. Legendaries are awarded for grinding. No grind=no legendaries. I personally play a lot of various content that can drop legendaries and I am just missing 4 more to have them all.
    Im all for the grind but it really ought to be on a vendor.

Just add a targetable goal that allows you to get a new legendary. Nobody likes when their character power is depending on RNG. We already deal with enough of that through actual content for gear and now with the netherlight crucible. Relief is not excitement.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    He "can't" because he'll be significantly weaker, thanks to lack of legendaries.
    He won't because he'd have to use max 1 day to farm AP, to get to same DPS output as the previous lesser spec....

Quote Originally Posted by epLe View Post
    He won't because he'd have to use max 1 day to farm AP, to get to same DPS output as the previous lesser spec....
    That's just straight up not true even if it was only AP making a difference, which it isn't.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Or maybe people just have different opinions of you, which is clearly obvious from the thread here. I'm a pretty high end raider(kj mythic should hopefully go down this week) with every bis outside of one situational one and I'd be totally fine with making it easier for new players/alts to gain legendaries. What's keeping me from playing my split alt raid more often is that I don't have that many legendaries, I have decent ones for frost(still missing ring, got pretty much all the bad ones before I got bracers as well) but I'd like to have fire ones for mythic+ but I simply can't be bothered to grind for them because regardless of what some people may claim it is a ton of effort to do all the content to get it down to a legendary once every 1-2 weeks and that's not something I'm willing to do for just an alt, it was bad enough having to do it for a couple of months on my main back in 7.2.
    So you can't be bothered but still want it. Mkay.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    But you can only equip 2 at a time...

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    But you can only equip 2 at a time...
    Good luck getting the right 2 as your first 2.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    Good luck getting the right 2 as your first 2.
    Not hard when most people have 10+ "LEGENDARIES" (Cough should be gray value tbh)

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Not hard when most people have 10+ "LEGENDARIES" (Cough should be gray value tbh)
    I know reading is pretty hard sometimes, but what part of "as your first 2" did you miss? Yes, you might get your 2 best after 10+ legendaries, but the guy I was quoting is saying you only need 2, which is only true if you're absurdly lucky and get your best 2 first.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    OP - guaranteed is a bit too much when you keep in mind that a "legendary" (btw FU D3 devs) should require effort but something ought to be changed for the health of the game in the future expansion (its sure as fuck too late now). I've been telling people who were slightly interested in Legion to stay away from the game due to how awful it treats new players and the "community/elitist pricks" lack of empathy is just icing on the cake.

My issue with the whole legendary system is the lack of visible progress and how they are able to change and improve the rotation of certain specs - thus making them much more desirable. It becomes something to strive for which was probably what the devs intended but the RNG factor turns it into a rollercoaster of emotion due to the varying effort put into acquiring the items only to end up with Sephuz.

While we don't "need" legendaries to "play" the game, in fact you can wear nothing at all and still play the game if you want to be pedantic about it HOWEVER its not only mythic raiders who "wants" bis items for raid progression - certain other people simple wants a personal progression and knowing there some random/non-targeting factor out there that can affect that isn't encouraging as a whole.

And before you go "well RNG - thats everything in the game" - Not entirely true, we used to get partial progression on legendary quest, we still grind some kind of currency as a catch up mechanic and remember badge of justice/valor points etc. All of them gave us some sort of control and most importantly for me - its measurable unlike BLP... Well we used to have a WoW version of D3's Kadala (Legionfall Recompense) but that was too much in our favor I guess.

(speaking of which, why the fuck are the devs so hellbent on pruning data from our character sheet such as movement speed, attack power and alike while the items that modify said stats are still in the game? Absolutely un-intuitive approach)

Right as I was writing my post - a freaking elitist attitude with no regard for newer players or alts if thats your thing. "Yeah everyone should be settled in and swiming in BiS items by now, its not like theres any newcomers to the field. Oh you don't have anything? Well you should just spend an equal amount of hours like the rest of us who've been around since launch or whatever - derp derp"
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2017-09-17 at 03:52 PM. Reason: Elitist prick

10+ Year Old Account
    I know reading is pretty hard sometimes, but what part of "as your first 2" did you miss? Yes, you might get your 2 best after 10+ legendaries, but the guy I was quoting is saying you only need 2, which is only true if you're absurdly lucky and get your best 2 first.
    I know what you ment, but who cares about your first 2, when you will have 10 in no time.
    My warrior actually has 3 legendaries and 2 of them is best for his spec.

So you can't be bothered but still want it. Mkay.
    Yeah I can't be bothered spending 15-20 hours a week on an alt, possible for many months depending on your luck, so I just pretty much stick with my main and spent time playing other games instead however I wish I could play alts like I could in previous expansions. Although guess there's not much point replying to you, it's pretty clear you're just here to troll and not have an actual discussion.

I know what you ment, but who cares about your first 2, when you will have 10 in no time.
    My warrior actually has 3 legendaries and 2 of them is best for his spec.
    No, you won't. At a rate of 1 legendary per week(as in you go super hard and do all possible content), that's still over 2 months. That's not "in no time", it's almost an entire patch. And good for you, you got lucky on your warrior, that doesn't make the system any good.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

You can pretty much get a legendary every week-week and a half by just running around Argus looting the treasure chests. You don't even need to do insane grinding like running all LFRs etc. Just loot chests, run ToS once a week, do your weekly M+ for the chest, and do a few emissary's. Getting Legendary's now is arguably quicker than what it was during 7.2-7.2.5 tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    OP - guaranteed is a bit too much when you keep in mind that a "legendary" (btw FU D3 devs) should require effort but something ought to be changed for the health of the game in the future expansion (its sure as fuck too late now). I've been telling people who were slightly interested in Legion to stay away from the game due to how awful it treats new players and the "community/elitist pricks" lack of empathy is just icing on the cake.

My issue with the whole legendary system is the lack of visible progress and how they are able to change and improve the rotation of certain specs - thus making them much more desirable. It becomes something to strive for which was probably what the devs intended but the RNG factor turns it into a rollercoaster of emotion due to the varying effort put into acquiring the items only to end up with Sephuz.

While we don't "need" legendaries to "play" the game, in fact you can wear nothing at all and still play the game if you want to be pedantic about it HOWEVER its not only mythic raiders who "wants" bis items for raid progression - certain other people simple wants a personal progression and knowing there some random/non-targeting factor out there that can affect that isn't encouraging as a whole.

And before you go "well RNG - thats everything in the game" - Not entirely true, we used to get partial progression on legendary quest, we still grind some kind of currency as a catch up mechanic and remember badge of justice/valor points etc. All of them gave us some sort of control and most importantly for me - its measurable unlike BLP... Well we used to have a WoW version of D3's Kadala (Legionfall Recompense) but that was too much in our favor I guess.

(speaking of which, why the fuck are the devs so hellbent on pruning data from our character sheet such as movement speed, attack power and alike while the items that modify said stats are still in the game? Absolutely un-intuitive approach)
    I wouldn't say it's really too late, although unfortunately I doubt blizzard will do anything about it but if they wanted they could simply up the droprate again similar to how they did in 7.2, as the game gets further into each expansion it's always been normal to have catch up methods and we do already have that for everything else now except for legendaries which are still the dice roll of either you get lucky or you have fun grinding outdated content for months.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakari View Post
    No class is "Built" around any legendary, there are legendaries that suite certain specs more than others. This is the thing that people keep missing.

The Dev's have even said this, and they have been toning down the cases where these specific legendaries are "seen" as a must have.
    I mean you are right. But when a combo of two legendaries can be up to 15% of damage... yeah... so the spec works.. just about a 6th less effectively.

That is the thing you are missing. Yeah maybe with your toons or specs that is the case. But for about 6 or 7 specs out there its doomsday if you don't have them and are expected to be competitive. Key notes here! If you are expected to be competitive and limited number of specs. The fact that it exists in even limited forms means it should be worked on and fixed. Also, yes, they did make them better. You are right! They are better. They went from like 10% from best to worse to like 7-8% gap from best to worse. So yeah, much better, but not trivial. It gets worse that some play off of each other so it can make the gap bigger when combo'ed.

Also I am not really missing this. Mostly because I have all of them already. So it doesn't really matter to me. I am thinking objectively about new players that just ding 110. They look to raid. But then they find out even though they have 920 gear after a few weeks of work that 2 legendaries they managed do some shit like give make mage armor 1% stronger when this other guy has a bracer that lets him pryro twice as often. Then the fact of the matter is if he doesn't clear every single old raid of the expansion, clear every single mythic zero, endlessly grind world rares in argus, endlessly grind chests in argue for what could be months, and months, and months, and months.. and maybe for the rest of the expansion he might not ever get them.

Which is the root of the problem. Getting legendaries at an efficient rate is tied around doing content no one gets anything out of minus bad luck protection. For me that is some bullshit. Again doesnt matter to me because I am flush. I just know that is how I would feel if I realized suddenly for me to get a good raid spot and do 10-15% more damage I might have to endlessly grind shit I have no desire to do. That no one really desires to do. But have to just to pull and RNG lever. Fun game design yo. Fun design indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    You can pretty much get a legendary every week-week and a half by just running around Argus looting the treasure chests. You don't even need to do insane grinding like running all LFRs etc. Just loot chests, run ToS once a week, do your weekly M+ for the chest, and do a few emissary's. Getting Legendary's now is arguably quicker than what it was during 7.2-7.2.5 tbh.
    May I ask just how many hours you spent farming those treasures because I've been doing every emmisary, a few mythic+ per week, quite a bit of pvp last couple of months(daily bg, skirmish and around 20-30 ranked arena wins per week) and at least one clear of tos most weeks(usually heroic and 7-8 mythic apart from last few weeks due to extending) and been doing every argus world quest while picking up every treasure/killing elites that I come across and I've gotten a total of 3 legendaries since 7.2.5 came out, with just 1 of those being since 7.3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    Yeah I can't be bothered spending 15-20 hours a week on an alt, possible for many months depending on your luck, so I just pretty much stick with my main and spent time playing other games instead however I wish I could play alts like I could in previous expansions. Although guess there's not much point replying to you, it's pretty clear you're just here to troll and not have an actual discussion.
    Then you don't deserve it. End case. (And stop calling me a troll or i will report you, cause it is bullsh!t people just throw the troll card)