Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Then you don't deserve it. End case. (And stop calling me a troll or i will report you, cause it is bullsh!t people just throw the troll card)
    I'm not sure what else you could call it though, I mean your first post is coming into a thread with a decent OP question and discussion and calling it bait and calling people garbage, if that's not what trolling is then I don't know what is.

By all means, if you want to prove you're not just trolling, give a good explanation as to why you think the system is perfectly fine as it is.
    Last edited by Fleckens; 2017-09-17 at 04:09 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have most of the legendaries available for my main spec on my main, but I still think they should be quicker to obtain this late in the expansion. They're less comparable to the old legendaries people are sperging out over when they claim they should be harder to obtain and more comparable to golden artifact traits or talents. Except they take an exorbitant amount of time to obtain in comparison.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fleckens View Post
    I'm not sure what else you could call it though, I mean your first post is coming into a thread with a decent OP question and discussion and calling it bait and calling people garbage, if that's not what trolling is then I don't know what is.
    Because i like to be a bit rude, doesn't mean i'm trolling. I'm just annoyed on how much WoW has changed and not just the game. Also the playerbase.
    it is just awfull to see, how many people feel like they deserve something while they don't wanna put efford in it. And worst part is that Blizzard is actually giving them their wishes.

I guess the game has changed too much and i need to move on to something that appeals me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

Deleted
    I know what you ment, but who cares about your first 2, when you will have 10 in no time.
    My warrior actually has 3 legendaries and 2 of them is best for his spec.
    Then you don't deserve it. End case. (And stop calling me a troll or i will report you, cause it is bullsh!t people just throw the troll card)
    You are truly disgusting. Not only do disregard the counter argument provided by Tradu but you also claim acquiring 10 in no time to be a thing without further elaboration and blatantly boast of your good RNG rolls on the items. You also called and assumed the newer playerbase as garbage, how are your comments not meant to be foul intent?

Edited*
    Yes move on please there are other people who are trying to address/elaborate on some of the designs in the game that causes issues. OP might have been a bit off but there are some things that need a change.
    Last edited by mmoc7d379d05b4; 2017-09-17 at 04:17 PM.

May I ask just how many hours you spent farming those treasures because I've been doing every emmisary, a few mythic+ per week, quite a bit of pvp last couple of months(daily bg, skirmish and around 20-30 ranked arena wins per week) and at least one clear of tos most weeks(usually heroic and 7-8 mythic apart from last few weeks due to extending) and been doing every argus world quest while picking up every treasure/killing elites that I come across and I've gotten a total of 3 legendaries since 7.2.5 came out, with just 1 of those being since 7.3.
    Not that long, I really only go on Argus when high ap WQ's are up and doing a couple invasion points throughout the day. I got one legendary from an Argus chest the Thursday after the patch came out, and got a second one just this past Tuesday from the weekly M chest. So in a span just under two weeks, I got two leggos since the patch came out. Although I think the first one I got in the patch had BLP built up from before, it didn't take me that long to get the second, which happened to be my spec's final legendary overall. Although it could just be good RNG, as I had real bad RNG at the start of Legion. I think I've gotten 8 legendary's since 7.2 came out to put it in perspective, one of them being for another spec.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fallenheaven View Post
    You are truly disgusting. Not only do disregard the counter argument provided by Tradu but you also claim acquiring 10 in no time to be a thing without further elaboration and blatantly boast of your good RNG rolls on the items. You also called and assumed the newer playerbase as garbage, how are your comments not meant to be foul intent?
    Because not wanting to put efford in anything, is garbage.
    LoL is a great example on how the new generation wants a game. Fast and quick and if you want something you can buy it with real cash.

Because i like to be a bit rude, doesn't mean i'm trolling. I'm just annoyed on how much WoW has changed and not just the game. Also the playerbase.
    it is just awfull to see, how many people feel like they deserve something while they don't wanna put efford in it. And worst part is that Blizzard is actually giving them their wishes.

I guess the game has changed too much and i need to move on to something that appeals me.
    Asshole with nostalgia glasses, got it. I'm curious though, what do you consider the primetime for wow then? Also when did you last play wow and at what level?

Because not wanting to put efford in anything, is garbage.
    LoL is a great example on how the new generation wants a game. Fast and quick and if you want something you can buy it with real cash.
    Farming easy content that you "outgrew" months ago isn't good design. The best rewards should be from doing the hardest content(you know, putting in effort) rather than just doing as much total content as you can, regardless of difficulty.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Quote Originally Posted by Varolyn View Post
    Not that long, I really only go on Argus when high ap WQ's are up and doing a couple invasion points throughout the day. I got one legendary from an Argus chest the Thursday after the patch came out, and got a second one just this past Tuesday from the weekly M chest. So in a span just under two weeks, I got two leggos since the patch came out. Although I think the first one I got in the patch had BLP built up from before, it didn't take me that long to get the second, which happened to be my spec's final legendary overall. Although it could just be good RNG, as I had real bad RNG at the start of Legion. I think I've gotten 8 legendary's since 7.2 came out to put it in perspective, one of them being for another spec.
    Yeah there's definitely a lot of rng in it, I imagine my experience is probably at the bad end as the players I've been playing with have been getting somewhat similar to what you got in the same timespan. I think that's also where OP's suggestion would be good, noone is saying it should be really quick to get but it would be nice for some more consistency. I get blizzard wants some excitement when it randomly drops but perhaps they should also add some resource you can build up to get a random(or perhaps even better a specific) after a set amount of time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Asshole with nostalgia glasses, got it. I'm curious though, what do you consider the primetime for wow then? Also when did you last play wow and at what level?
    I will get bash for this, but i think MoP was a great height where WoW should had left it.
    MoP had everything even though Panda's were seen as meh by alot. It was a GREAT expansion, PVP and PvE wise.
    Timeless isle had the content that the last few expansions can't even get close by.

Of course MoP had it flaws too.

And not nostalgia. I don't believe Vanilla/tbc will be played by anyone if it was returned. I know how nostalgia works.

MoP is still recent enough to know how it actually was.

I will get bash for this, but i think MoP was a great height where WoW should had left it.
    MoP had everything even though Panda's were seen as meh by alot. It was a GREAT expansion, PVP and PvE wise.
    Timeless isle had the content that the last few expansions can't even get close by.

And not nostalgia. I don't believe Vanilla/tbc will be played by anyone if it was returned. I know how nostalgia works.

Actually I'd tend to agree. Some combination of Cata/MoP/WoD would be ideal for me.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Yeah there's definitely a lot of rng in it, I imagine my experience is probably at the bad end as the players I've been playing with have been getting somewhat similar to what you got in the same timespan. I think that's also where OP's suggestion would be good, noone is saying it should be really quick to get but it would be nice for some more consistency. I get blizzard wants some excitement when it randomly drops but perhaps they should also add some resource you can build up to get a random(or perhaps even better a specific) after a set amount of time.
    It's been roughly one leggo every two weeks since 7.2 came out, but I agree that there should be a way to know when you will get a legendary. I think blizz could add a system where you get a questline every two weeks( or even every week). Where you get to choose what legendary you would get next. It would just be filled with generic stuff like running a couple dungeons, maybe doing cool things in raids etc. but it would give players both a sense of progress and choice. Plus it would completely annihilate the RNG aspect of leggos.

Deleted
    Just a question. What do you want legendaries for? If you are serious about high end content you probably have all the legendaries you need. If your are fine with pet battles and LFR you really don't need a guaranteed legendary drop.

MoP was pretty good yeah yeah, but then I can't really get your defense of the current legendary system as Legion is a fair bit more grindy than MoP even without taking into account the legendary system, so your favorite expansion required less effort than current before even looking at farming legendaries.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Balager View Post
    Just a question. What do you want legendaries for? If you are serious about high end content you probably have all the legendaries you need. If your are fine with pet battles and LFR you really don't need a guaranteed legendary drop.
    I'm not sure where this idea comes that high end players have a full set of classes with every legendary. Perhaps in the very top 5 of guilds but it's definitely not in the case lower than that, most people in my guild(around rank 80 in NH, most likely will be a bit lower here in ToS but hopefully still top 100) have a main with most/all legendaries and then 1 maybe 2 alts with between half to all for just 1 spec, if we want to try and reroll to another class for progression or just as an alt we are in the exact same position as everyone else.

It's been roughly one leggo every two weeks since 7.2 came out, but I agree that there should be a way to know when you will get a legendary. I think blizz could add a system where you get a questline every two weeks( or even every week). Where you get to choose what legendary you would get next. It would just be filled with generic stuff like running a couple dungeons, maybe doing cool things in raids etc. but it would give players both a sense of progress and choice. Plus it would completely annihilate the RNG aspect of leggos.
    Even just an indicator for "you're gonna get a legendary VERY SOON" would be helpful, because then you could actually make use of the "targetting" already in the game(Relinquished tokens), instead of piling up 20 shoulder tokens like a friend of mine did, using them all and not getting the legendary, then the next day you get a completely different legendary from an emissary or whatever, essentially wasting those 20 shoulder tokens.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm nowhere near having all legendaries. Sure, my main is 4 off and my former main has all legendaries for 2 specs and a few extra, but that still leaves 10 other classes with 1-5 legendaries, none of which have both BiS legendaries(or all 4, or however many the spec I play on them has). And I know that's basically the case for most people around my level, as well as a lot of people further up. Have most legendaries on 1-2 characters and the rest you're sat there praying you don't get Prydaz/Sephuz/other shared/bad ones first because you're just not realistically going to get all the legendaries for that class.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

10+ Year Old Account
    MoP was pretty good yeah yeah, but then I can't really get your defense of the current legendary system as Legion is a fair bit more grindy than MoP even without taking into account the legendary system, so your favorite expansion required less effort than current before even looking at farming legendaries.
    I have to agree that MoP legendary system was garbage idd, i gotta say, it was more fun though. You actually had to do lots of things and progress through it. (They shouldn't had made it that LFR dropped things too though)

I'm just bothered on how people think they deserve things because they pay for the game. Not in general the legendary system, just overall.

You can pretty much get a legendary every week-week and a half by just running around Argus looting the treasure chests. You don't even need to do insane grinding like running all LFRs etc. Just loot chests, run ToS once a week, do your weekly M+ for the chest, and do a few emissary's. Getting Legendary's now is arguably quicker than what it was during 7.2-7.2.5 tbh.
    It's like reading stories about how easily get Invincible from people who looted it in a few tries. And then come posts by those who have been farming that mount for years. YEARS!
    Of course, letting people get 100% guaranteed legendaries per week or smth would be a disrespect to those who were struggling in hundrends of M+. But this system shows nothing but its stupidity. Easy legendary from Argus chests? I don't think so... Yes, I don't grind 200 M+ per week - I'm not that crazy. But I need frost bracers. I farmed hella lot of nethershards during 7.2 till 7.3. Now it's about argunite. I tell you what. I'm sick from legion assaults, shore rares and even Sentinax farm. No bracers. Same with argunite. I'm sick of rares, chests, invasions and so on. I run full ToS hc every week + some mythic, I did m+15 pre 7.3 and now it's m+10-13 once per week + a few more easier m+. I do emissary chest everyday and sometimes I do old raids lfr (usually when there is a quest), normal and hc... Still no bracers. It was time when I didn't get anything at all during 4 weeks. After that I got useless shoulders and boots and in 7.3 I got head (frost). Ok, no problem 4 legendaries to go and there will be no choice but bracers only... Some people can say: "Dude, if you want all legendaries go and run some 100 m+ per week like I do and stop crying cuz you do it pretty casually", but such statements just prove how bad system works in MMORPG.
    Now I want (and maybe I will have to) to switch to priest. Got no legendaries at all. We raid in mythic. I'm terrified even to think about how poor my performance will be if I get shitty legendaries or nothing at all. Do I still have a spot in a raid as a priest? Ofc no... Nice system. Keep cheering Blizzard for this...

Deleted
    My mage still has not got 1 legendary

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post

I'm nowhere near having all legendaries. Sure, my main is 4 off and my former main has all legendaries for 2 specs and a few extra, but that still leaves 10 other classes with 1-5 legendaries, none of which have both BiS legendaries(or all 4, or however many the spec I play on them has). And I know that's basically the case for most people around my level, as well as a lot of people further up. Have most legendaries on 1-2 characters and the rest you're sat there praying you don't get Prydaz/Sephuz/other shared/bad ones first because you're just not realistically going to get all the legendaries for that class.
    Again, do you NEED that many legendaries? Or would it simply be nice to have them? Are you having difficulties because of the legendaries you don't have?

Deleted
    I mentioned something about it in my earlier post but for me its about personal progression and being rewarded for the hours of effort you put in hunting for self-improvement. Like Gimlix somewhat put it, putting in a lot of effort could or should reward something, you're not supposed to get handed loot for nothing - the issue in Legion however is that the effort is completely randomized and thats not only legendaries but warforged, titanforged, sockets, items with random stats etc. That way it lessens the value of hard work paying off.

I'll never mythic raid so I can leave that behind but specific legendaries are "possible" to acquire and when surrounded by people who waltz around in your BiS acquired through pure luck it builds up a certain expectation yes? That you can get them too and then you grind & farm for months but all you're getting are consolation prizes. Yes we can get unlucky but without any sort of clear measurement or questline it becomes too much lottery alike and it has burned several of my friends off this expansion already.

The design works somewhat in D3 because its an ARPG and faster paced while easier to pick up and leave, MMO's like wow doesn't work in the same way... something the devs should have figured out in Alpha to be honest.

*Dude check out Jezrienx's post - looks like he's about to crack worse than me because he's actually raiding on mythic level. That's not healthy and couple of more pushes, who knows whether or not people wants to return to the next expansion.