Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Choices should be permanent, or increase greatly in cost every time you change your mind.
    Blizz tried to re-introduce gold cost for changing talents, it backfired quite badly, now we have to use freaking tomes to change talents in the field.

Many people, prob majority, don't want permanent choices, they won't to swap talents, specs, and even stats (if it's possible, ofc), basically everything on the fly and preferably free of charge.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    Heads up. Ignore the morons spouting D2 is P2W. All you can get with money right now is rare quality mods and cosmetics.
    Ahh k yeah was not sure only what is being spouted on YT at the moment about the game.. But the game does look good and Screenplay a games review tv show over here in Australia rated it as "Must Play" so it could be worth getting..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post

you havent played wow for the last 10 years have you? otherwise you wouldnt make such a statement.
    What my years of wow experience tells me is that people like to bitch at other people who are "doing it wrong" to vent about lack of progress, but 95% of the time you are wiping because of mechanics/learning curves of encounters and not dps/heal checks.

but even if you are generous and say that ALL heroic and mythic raiders run into hard dps/heal checks, then my statement is still true since thats still only 20% of players.

Deleted
    I agree with the OP. The lack of customization at literally everything from questing to gearing is one of the things why WoW has lost its appeal so much. The only thing that has become better is the transmog system. And even that is very costly to use at high levels.

Many class signature abilities have either been removed or placed behind an "either this or that, but not both" -type of choices. Paladins don't even have Auras, Blessings or Hammer of Wrath any more, for f*ck's sake. And gearing? Basically your gear is based on RNG with no control over it. Gemming and stat reforging at least used to make a near-useless piece of gear semi-useful. And professions used to grant some kind of unique flavour to the game.

Blizz devs don't understand that the game is made up of intriguing little details. Take away enough details and you ruin the game.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    I agree with pretty much everything you say.

I would also add the the homogenization of professions could be added to your list. I miss fully fleshed out profession trees, with profession specific bonuses to reward your effort.
    In return they made professions much harder to level and cap. For no useful rewards, of course.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Sure, put all your efford in an endless grind, just to have the next patch instantly make everyone as far as you are. Because it isn't fair that some people can fall behind.
    and thats been like this since tbc
    Ow fuck off. The mindset of you all are so horrible. If someone puts ALOT of time into something, he earns to be far ahead then the rest.
    No, your mindset is horrible because you want people punished who are
    #1 new to the game
    #2 take breaks because of real life (death, birth, moving, etc)
    just so YOU can be a SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE.
    If you want that do that in RL but dont expect others to be punished just so YOU can be special....

Yes, WoW has had catch up mechanics before legion, but legion has done it over the top.
    Wrong again. Its exactly like it was in tbc

I remember farming mythics begin legion, just to have 7.2 give you free epic 880 gear for everyone on the new isle.
    whos a sad snowflake?.....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    Why? Why can't it exist?
    because ie a fire mage should use fire and not frost or arcane....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    Look at Destiny 2 that is an MMOFPSRPG that seems to be doing well, because by the look of it you don't have to spend 24/7 on it to get somewhere in the game.. Although at the moment it is be lambasted because of it looking like it could be a pay 2 win game..
    Destiny can call itself an MMO all it wants, it doesn't make it true... There is nothing massively multiplayer about that game... It's an FPS ARPG with small group multiplayer. I like the game, quite a bit actually, but it's not an MMO.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

10+ Year Old Account
    #1 new to the game
    #2 take breaks because of real life (death, birth, moving, etc)
    just so YOU can be a SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE.
    I'm gonna break you down to this, because the rest is pure bullshít you're saying.

Let me ask you this, WHY does someone deserve who takes a break or is new to the game, to get the same kinda things as someone who is nolifing the shit outta the game. Like the main reason people no lifed MMORPG's back in the days is to feel ahead then the rest and feel more powerfull.

You can call this special snowflake if you feel like it, even if its not. But hey, if someone puts HOURS and HOURS of time into a game, he deserves to feel above the rest.
    This isn't even new, this has been done since what? 2004 when MMORPG became a trend.

You know why Ghostcrawler left Blizzard? Because he said, he doesn't want to design a game that is ment so even your grandma can understand it. This was back in Cataclysm. Now we are in legion and things have been dumped down so hard that even your grandma can run mythics.

Next reply you better bring a valid argument, because so far you haven't actually said anything useful to defend WoW's state atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post

10+ Year Old Account
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    Uhm, if you never quit and play daily, then yes you find all the new features they bring each patch. You just make yourself look stupid.
    No, you made yourself look quite stupid because you claim you can play today and see all of wows feature in one day.... thats not how you see how vanilla was or tbc which you didnt....

Don't bring other games into a WoW argument.
    because they prove you wrong? gotcha!
    No. AP is not a good grind when the next patch everyone can catch up instantly towards the old max cap.
    But you dont silly.

No, but i would if my neighbour won the lottery and all my other neighbours felt like they earned some of it too. (Basically what WoW is right now)
    yeah we get it you are an envy lil snowflake that doesnt get enough hugs in its teenager years...

Hehe, this one is actually quite funny. Go to old zones. They are more dead then ever. As someone who loves to hang in Goldshire, it hurts to see nobody there.
    So a dead server means wow is dead, okay.....

i will come to your house just to laugh at you.
    I welcome you in Hamburg then. Me and my teenage kid will love at you for calling me young

Because 7.2 was one of the most dissapointing patches. Everything was gated and not released yet. "Major patch"
    Did you skip wod too? (selfie patch)

And it is quite obvious that you are quite young and will defend Blizzard even if they brought a new game that was named "Turd give us your money"
    You didnt have realised you can pay them these days in gold?....

Quite sad to see how people will defend things that are bad just because they can't admit Blizzard can fuck up too.
    Quite sad to see how people will shit on everything just to shjit on Blizzard without any sound logic or reason....
    (and btw Blizzard did fuckup BUT that was WOD not Legion)

World of Warcraft: The Online Single Player Game.

Deleted
    Regarding customization I am more interested in visual customization than unnecessarily complicated stats

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    For the sake of the fucking balance, now we are stuck with cosmetic customization, that's all
    We still don't even have balance after removing everything. They just can't balance worth a damn.

We should never be having specs that say "no one wants to bring me", and we still do to this day.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Destiny can call itself an MMO all it wants, it doesn't make it true... There is nothing massively multiplayer about that game... It's an FPS ARPG with small group multiplayer. I like the game, quite a bit actually, but it's not an MMO.
    Ahh k I was lead to believe that it was, well I learnt now that it isn't..

10+ Year Old Account
    So a dead server means wow is dead, okay.....

Quite sad to see how people will shit on everything just to shjit on Blizzard without any sound logic or reason....
    (and btw Blizzard did fuckup BUT that was WOD not Legion)
    1. Outland was the #1 biggest populated realm of Europe, Now it has dead areas everywhere. Come at me again.
    2. Blizzard fucked up Cata, WoD and half of legion so far.

So far nobody brought me legit counter arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Oh noes you can't purposely gimp yourself for the sake of "customization".

Spare me.
    One of the things I was originally attracted to about WoW was all the different things you could do. There was a ton of customization and everyone could be unique.

Way to reinforce the fact that the blind fanboyism community still playing are those like yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Regarding customization I am more interested in visual customization than unnecessarily complicated stats
    I also love visual customization but i think i love more customization in stats.
    It's always a fantasy of mine to create the most mindfuck "WTF" build and be unique.

I would like to have stuff like:
    -Full "leech" Monk (even though it was impossible in every expansion, you could never reforge to "leech"
    -Full movement speed
    -Full utility/survival Rogue (only possible in WotlK)
    -Full Haste with Slice and Dice Rogue with poison procs
    -50% crit chance Rogue
    -Avoidance Rogue with Ghostly Strike

I would love to create such class fantasy.
    You know how in Animes the main character always has some ridiculous hair and hair color. With customization in the game everyone can be an obnoxious blue long spiked hair to the knees character.
    I mean everyone can be unique...at least in PvP, World Content and casual Dungeons. Not in high end PvE.
    Last edited by mmocaf0660f03c; 2017-09-17 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowpunkz View Post
    -Removal of Hybrid Talents
    -Removal of Talent Trees
    -Removal of Gems in every piece of gear and Meta gem
    -Removal of Glyphs
    -Removal of Reforging
    -PvP Templates
    -Artifact Weapon (same skills for everyone)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone else feels sad about the fact that "Customization" is frowned upon by Blizzard?
    Imagination, experimentation and testing are pretty much forbidden and replaced by a standard gameplay everyone must play.

The excuse of Blizzard is "there is always a cookie cutter build"
    I agree that in PvE-single target damage there is always a "cookie cutter" build of "stand still and do the most DPS"
    But for PvP and World Content...there are always a million different choices you can take to be optimal. (Utility, Survival, Burst, Hybrid etc)
    I call bullcrap on this excuse and i say they removed customization because is just easier to balance the game from day one.

• Was it really necessary to remove all types of customization from the game just because "there is always a cookie cutter build for single target PvE"?
    • What about coming up with crazy new stuff that, if not optimal, it could be the gameplay you enjoy the most?
    • Isn't "Customization" essential for a good RPG experience?

Anyway, i know we are way past that point and customization is never coming back strong (Netherlight Crucible, just a little taste) I just wanted to know if anyone else feels as sad as me on this topic.
    I feel there's more viable choices today when it comes to talents, I do however miss being able to create a very unusual talent build that fit a very specific situation.

Deleted
    Let me ask you this, WHY does someone deserve who takes a break or is new to the game, to get the same kinda things as someone who is nolifing the shit outta the game. Like the main reason people no lifed MMORPG's back in the days is to feel ahead then the rest and feel more powerfull.
    See and that is the special snowflake syndrom!

But hey, if someone puts HOURS and HOURS of time into a game, he deserves to feel above the rest.
    these people do, thats why they are in guild like method or excersus.

This isn't even new, this has been done since what? 2004 when MMORPG became a trend.
    Oh you kids these days... these games where there before wow like EQ.

You know why Ghostcrawler left Blizzard? Because he said, he doesn't want to design a game that is ment so even your grandma can understand it.
    And that is bullshit spilled by you again. WOW was from the start invented for casuals easy to learn so that as much people as possible could be grabed by people who know what hardcore was from playing EQ and alike.

Now we are in legion and things have been dumped down so hard that even your grandma can run mythics.
    So now ghosts can play WoW?.....

Next reply you better bring a valid argument, because so far you haven't actually said anything useful to defend WoW's state atm.
    I dont need to defend something that is fine the way it is but go on crying and lying how wow was better and more hardcore *roflmao*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enfilade View Post
    One of the things I was originally attracted to about WoW was all the different things you could do. There was a ton of customization and everyone could be unique.

Way to reinforce the fact that the blind fanboyism community still playing are those like yourself.
    Don't put your efford in this.
    Even though you are correct that back in the days WoW actually had alot of customization and ways to make you feel more special. The WoW fanbois on here will defend Blizzard and tell you that atm there is way more customization then ever.

- - - Updated - - -

*random bullshít*
    Are you actually reading what you are typing. You are coming over as a 12 year old fanboi who is living in your mom's basement, jerking off to Blizzard's update log.
    Pathetic.

Deleted
    2. Blizzard fucked up Cata, WoD and half of legion so far.
    Wrong again.
    So far nobody brought me legit counter arguments.
    cause you dont bring anything thats TRUE.

- - - Updated - - -

Are you actually reading what you are typing. You are coming over as a 12 year old fanboi who is living in your mom's basement, jerking off to Blizzard's update log.Pathetic.
    Go on trying to insult me lil'snowflake....