Thread: Argus Rare

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Argus Rare

Argus rare are easily dealt with 'solo' by some builds and extremely painful -if not impossible- to solo by others. While this disparity is not new between different roles, I hope it would be less dominate among DPS specs -namely Affliction (warlock) and other DPS specs.

From my limited multi class/spec experience thus far, a moderate HP nurf to all Argus Rares should solve the problem.

Thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Eh. Between Crucibles and better gear, especially in next tier, most classes can actually solo the majority of rares. There are some that are not soloable but that's fine since there's bound to be a few people dropping by those. It wouldn't hurt the nerf HP of the races slightly but it's not really needed for the most parts.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't find it a huge problem, myself, even on my squishies. Between the 10 minute battle tank cooldown and how popular argus rares are currently, I rarely have to wait. I would never have to wait if I pull up LFG and join someone's group for it, but even by being lazy and just sitting there, it usually doesn't take long.

On dead realms, just make use of LFG. Even if ones not listed, people WILL join your group.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, just get a world quest addon to autosearch groups. Makes it awesome.
    BAD WOLF

Lightforged Warframe does wonders for poorly geared chars with them aswell.

I suppose, good points, new gear will surely help lots ..

Depends on the rare, but my arcane squishy mage can solo quite a few of them even at 100M health.

Now - want to solve a problem, have bloody Vigilant Kuro turn up once in a while, I mean he is meant to be VIGILANT isn't he.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    Argus rare are easily dealt with 'solo' by some builds and extremely painful -if not impossible- to solo by others. While this disparity is not new between different roles, I hope it would be less dominate among DPS specs -namely Affliction (warlock) and other DPS specs.

From my limited multi class/spec experience thus far, a moderate HP nurf to all Argus Rares should solve the problem.

Thoughts?
    Hmm, nah. The rares aren't meant to be solo'd by everyone.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think all classes and specs should be equal, capable of the same things. I can easily solo stuff on my disc priest but it takes quite a while, same as my main on tank spec but I can't solo every rare on arms spec even though it's my best combo, but his damage is way superior.
    Different classes should be able to do different stuff, I think we don't have neatly enough of that in wow already.

Deleted
    Thoughts?
    GIT GUD and learn to use your Lightforged Warframe? with that thing you roflstomp everything.

Either use the Warframe... they're specifically for dealing with them rares quick, or join a group for it -- using World Quest Tracker addon, clicking on said rares prompts to join or create a group for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged Warframe is a godsend until you get to around 915-920. Groupfinder can be very useful as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    No.
    They're already easy enough to get groups for.

In he time I was doing Commander, I never failed to find a group within seconds of opening the group finder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

A HP nerf to everything on Argus would be nice, everything is a massive damage sponge.
    Tradushuffle
    <Echoes>
    Laughing Skull-EU

Deleted
    Actually zero point on nerfing rares. Its a new region and it should have more hp than rares in broken shore. The point of rares is mobs with higher difficulty that in some cases you might need a group to kill them. Its too easy to kill rares with the awesome addon 'world quest tracker' with the feauture of searching for rare to kill. The game must be based on grouping with other people to do things not soloing everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    A HP nerf to everything on Argus would be nice, everything is a massive damage sponge.
    I mean, time is the natural nerf to these mobs...
    We just got here they are only going to seem strong for a little while, why not enjoy it before you are literally pulling the map in one pull and eating a sandwich while killing them all.

I don't understand the problem. You put DoTs up, have your Infernal tank them, and sit there twiddling your thumbs as the mobs keel over. Sometimes I pull 8 or 10 trash mobs, too, so it's not so boring.

What?

You mean other classes can't do that?

Hm. Guess they'll have to resort to waiting 10 seconds for a passerby, or use group finder, or Warframe. Which, at the end of the day, are probably quicker at killing the mob, too.

Deleted

Thoughts?
    Use Prydaz if you have it, it's quite helpful.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lightforged Warframe + Method to reset the cooldown such as skirmish queues / starting a proving ground trial, then leaving will make short work of every rare. You don't even have to wait.

I have only died on Argus twice. Once was when the two demon dog bosses were patrolling and I didn't know about them, so stood in their trample and the other time I took falling damage.

I have no trouble soloing all the rares as a Holy Priest, without a Warframe.